Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I think the real question to ask here is what would have happened if they had sent Jake to stop Biker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Stairmaster posted:

I think the real question to ask here is what would have happened if they had sent Jake to stop Biker.

From what you can read into Biker's personality from his apartment, he would have seen Jake's nunchucks, laughed, called him a nerd, given him a swirly, and then rode off on his bike with the prom queen, throwing dust and exhaust into Jake's face.

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub

Stairmaster posted:

He would have thrown the golf club at Biker and saved us several minutes monotony.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Are nerds fighting nerds over nerd terms? Jesus loving Christ.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

What?

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

P. good monkey cheese. You got any more?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Sorry, a page ago. You know, that poo poo you participated in. The DnD junk. I just found it funny that nerds were arguing over someone using nerd terms to describe a video game.

quakster posted:

P. good monkey cheese. You got any more?

:commissar:

Read the thread you loving dumbslut

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Says the guy resurrecting a subject that died a page ago.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
We were three posts into the new page. That's not a resurrection, it's just pressing A to restart. :smug:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

TheJoker138 posted:

From what you can read into Biker's personality from his apartment, he would have seen Jake's nunchucks, laughed, called him a nerd, given him a swirly, and then rode off on his bike with the prom queen, throwing dust and exhaust into Jake's face.

show some goddamned respect

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Sorry, a page ago. You know, that poo poo you participated in. The DnD junk. I just found it funny that nerds were arguing over someone using nerd terms to describe a video game.

:commissar:

No I know what you were referring to, I'm just saying that nobody was actually arguing about anything and you're nuts press R to restart

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

D&D alignment discussion is the best troll ever because the people who really hate it get really, really loving mad to the point where they try reviving the subject to show how mad they are about it

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Alignment is a bad and stupid mechanic even in D&D, the place where it would make the most sense.

Death to alignments :rolldice:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

CJacobs posted:

No I know what you were referring to, I'm just saying that nobody was actually arguing about anything and you're nuts press R to restart

Well DOWN JACKET FETISH seemed to be pretty invested in it.

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

D&D alignment discussion is the best troll ever because the people who really hate it get really, really loving mad to the point where they try reviving the subject to show how mad they are about it

Good thing I'm not arguing about what was being argued about, just arguing that it was funny to see nerds arguing abo- ohhhh I see what you're doing :yum:

EDIT: Is the level editor out yet so we can have something new to discuss? I grow tired of arguing nerd terms and whether this game is hard or not.

GenderSelectScreen fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Apr 10, 2015

Phlogiston 4 Lyfe
May 13, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

The key to understanding 50 blessings is in realizing the intention behind the Payday crossover. Obviously, Bain uses 50B as a smokescreen for crimenet.

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

Phlogiston 4 Lyfe posted:

The key to understanding 50 blessings is in realizing the intention behind the Payday crossover. Obviously, Bain uses 50B as a smokescreen for crimenet.

Bain must have loved Carl then.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
AAAAARGH I take no joke 30+min and the Karma achievement to beat scene 11 and on the way out I get stuck on geometry during a map transition and can't get to the car. gently caress that level.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Doc Friday posted:

Bain must have loved Carl then.

FUCKIN DRILL'S STOPPED

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Phlogiston 4 Lyfe posted:

crimenet is just the continuation of 50 Blessings.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Pharmaskittle posted:

FUCKIN DRILL'S STOPPED

BROKE DICK PIECE OF poo poo DRILL!

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
I kinda wish Jacket would say "Press A to Restart" when he revives people in Payday 2.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Pharmaskittle posted:

FUCKIN DRILL'S STOPPED

Drill's jammed (through their forehead)!

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Lacedaemonius posted:

I think everyone talking about why 50B had Jacket killed is missing the forest for individual trees. Imho it's as simple as 'Neighbors': when Jacket encounters Biker he's in the same room with the person who knows more than anyone else involved about who's making these phonecalls and has all the info he could need to track 50B, and no matter how you slice it that's too big of a risk. Like, the textbook definition of "knows too much". Jake's secret ending, especially lends credence to this. I'm just surprised they didn't execute him sooner.

They might have thought he was a Russian because he was in the same room with Russians, too.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I've managed to get it to happen a few times now, but a neat little thing is on level 3 of Withdrawal, if you kill the last guy on the level and get 'killed' yourself, you will sort of be in a permanent limbo.

I'm guessing this is because there's nobody left to drag you into the room and take you out, so you just bleed out forever.

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

RandallODim posted:

Drill's jammed (through their forehead)!

Wolf is part of 50 Blessings.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Well DOWN JACKET FETISH seemed to be pretty invested in it.

did i

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Well what the poo poo, Demolition is just... how do you even get the gun before the black man smacks you down? Unless it's supposed to be lightning fast reflexes or something like that, then I've no idea what to do other than abuse level geometry and boundaries.
Any advice?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

do you

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

widespread posted:

Well what the poo poo, Demolition is just... how do you even get the gun before the black man smacks you down? Unless it's supposed to be lightning fast reflexes or something like that, then I've no idea what to do other than abuse level geometry and boundaries.
Any advice?

This took me about 20 tries to get the timing right but yes. Knock out shotgun man and grab the gun while fancy dodging fat boy. Shoot both. It feels amazing when you pull it off

Refused
Sep 6, 2005
Melee the first few guys then throw a weapon at the guy with the gun. Pick his gun up, don't worry about killing him at first. You're as fast as the black dude so you can pretty much kite him forever, don't rush unnecessarily. The gun guy is also on a patrol route, so you can wait to enter the door until he's in a position you like.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Wait until you see the hard mode version of that, it adds two samurai enemies.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

Grapplejack posted:

Wait until you see the hard mode version of that, it adds two samurai enemies.

:yikes:

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
Making cassette tape of the Hotline Miami 1 and 2 Soundtracks to play on a handheld recorder/player while walking around cosplaying as Jacket, in addition to Payday 2 Jacket lines and maybe Le Cassette or Laserhawk?

Vitreous Rumor
Oct 21, 2004

Don't do any of that

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
One thing I just now thought about with the first game is when you start playing as helmet after a certain scene is everything just an alternate reality? My memory of the first game is a little hazy so I might be remember things wrong.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

We've been arguing about it for some pages, but the fact is that both Jacket and Biker are very much alive after their meeting at the phone company.

The most sensible explanation I've heard so far is that after an even struggle Jacket got his rear end kicked, limped back home and just glossed the whole thing over in his feverish headshot coma dream.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Is there any evidence of Biker being alive in HM2?

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

Irony Be My Shield posted:

He shows up in two separate instances so yes.

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I felt like I saw him at the courthouse with Evan. He was standing on the courthouse steps as you leave, but the character could have just had a similar color palette.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Biker also mentions in his face-to-face that he couldn't puzzle together a satisfactory explanation for the calls and the janitors also lived to visit and mock Richter in prison two years later, so I'm guessing the "official" epilogue was that Biker didn't find the password, took some lip from the janitors and left without deigning to murder them.

• Locked thread