Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Takoluka posted:

There was the one where Obama was drawn as that one football player, and it was horrifying.

My favorite part of this is that Ramirez makes Erin Andrews, who is pretty much the universal definition of "pretty white woman," into some hideous, long-faced creature.

For gently caress's sake, her face is circular, not long, you hack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

D.N. Nation posted:

My favorite part of this is that Ramirez makes Erin Andrews, who is pretty much the universal definition of "pretty white woman," into some hideous, long-faced creature.

For gently caress's sake, her face is circular, not long, you hack

I assume that just means she's liberal

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

im upset that the picture in the OP doesn't have the word DEBT on it anywhere

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

D.N. Nation posted:

I forget, had Obama made some kind of relatively bold statement or speech around that time to trigger the cartoon or was it just a completely blatant case of "football player black, Obama black, ergo Obama = football player"?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Perestroika posted:

I forget, had Obama made some kind of relatively bold statement or speech around that time to trigger the cartoon or was it just a completely blatant case of "football player black, Obama black, ergo Obama = football player"?

The latter

Seriously it was just "a black guy said something on TV, sounds like a perfect way to lay a burn on Obummer"

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Oh god, the BIG WIND guy's face. Incredible.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
What could Obama have even theoretically done about all that poo poo, anyway?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

He's right there !! Get him !!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Hamlet is already kind of a comedy of errors and its protagonist, whose primary flaw is inaction (he keeps loving up opportunities to kill his uncle, who killed his dad) constantly considers whether or not to kill himself, that's what that speech is actually about, so it's already a reasonable comparison to Congress

But I doubt Catalano has actually seen or read Hamlet so he wouldn't know that.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

The agreement has removed the explosive's payload, leaving Iran with a harmless fuse.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Rand Paul is a dick, AGC.

Akumu
Apr 24, 2003

I'm guessing, entirely based on Benson's usual politics, that this is supposed to be "Iran still has a lit fuse! ANY DAY NOW!! :supaburn:" but for the life of me I can't actually read it as anything other than "The potential for a bomb has been destroyed thanks to U.S.-Iran cooperation."

Even if there's still powder under that fuse, without an enclosure it's not a bomb.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

colonel_korn posted:

New thread title.

Political Cartoons 2015: BIG WIND

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

A_Raving_Loon posted:

The agreement has removed the explosive's payload, leaving Iran with a harmless fuse.

Akumu posted:

I'm guessing, entirely based on Benson's usual politics, that this is supposed to be "Iran still has a lit fuse! ANY DAY NOW!! :supaburn:" but for the life of me I can't actually read it as anything other than "The potential for a bomb has been destroyed thanks to U.S.-Iran cooperation."
I mean seriously.

(To be honest it's the other way around and we're taking the half with the fuse in the deal, they still have half they can use to turn into not-a-bomb)

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

The bomb is now disabled, AGC??

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
What's the biggest wind power company out there? I want to look at their financials and compare them to Exxon. Assuming they're public of course. I realize Branco is a hack, but I really want to know how much of a disconnect there is.

Edit: Vestas is the biggest maker, and made a profit of 82 million euros whereas Exxon had a net income of 32 billion dollars. Get hosed.

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Apr 10, 2015

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

Uh, invade obviously.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

seiferguy posted:

What's the biggest wind power company out there? I want to look at their financials and compare them to Exxon. Assuming they're public of course. I realize Branco is a hack, but I really want to know how much of a disconnect there is.

Just look at the share of US electricity produced by wind for an industry-wide comparison.

it's 4%, and that's electricity only, not counting other energy like transpo, industrial heat, etc

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

colonel_korn posted:

Too bad I'm on a tablet, Big Wind needs an Ed "Big (Wind) Daddy" Roth style edit.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Uh, invade obviously.
That would prevent those all from being wreckages right? Just like the last two countries we invaded.

Sometimes I don't even want to think about why people would think that, and just relax my brain instead.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Samurai Sanders posted:

Kill Pope Francis install a new puppet Pope and launch a new crusade for the holy land and then invade Russia for good measure because drat those Orthodox Christians to hell!!!

This is all funny when you take in account that the GOP mostly dislikes Catholics unless they can be used to push abortion/freedom of religion bills

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

So the shirt is the Tea Party, the crotch is Rand Paul, and Ted Cruz is the left leg. Got it.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

That would prevent those all from being wreckages right? Just like the last two countries we invaded.

Sometimes I don't even want to think about why people would think that, and just relax my brain instead.
We have whiskey sours for relaxing our brains.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Internet Webguy posted:

What is this even trying to say?

That Randy Bishop, who draws Obama as a cross between a chimpanzee and a 19th century woodcut, is not 100% a poo poo when it comes to race.

colonel_korn posted:

That's some primo avatar poo poo right there, my man.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

colonel_korn posted:

Look at the drat smelly hippies who run wind energy companies!

Look at 'em! Dirty hippies!

Here's a fun game! In those CEOs, I also put the head of the American Energy Alliance. I'm sure you can spot him easily, right?

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Apr 10, 2015

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

colonel_korn posted:

This is the exact same as his climate change comic, the face on the scientist was identical!

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Jedit posted:

That Randy Bishop, who draws Obama as a cross between a chimpanzee and a 19th century woodcut, is not 100% a poo poo when it comes to race.

Nah, this is there one time getting caught and they will use it as a defence the next time this kind of thing happens (probably tomorrow). And as with all of these cartoons, it's always "An unarmed man" who gets shot. What color was his skin? looks like i'm the real racist for bringing it up.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hmmm, kind of odd that we haven't seen anything out of conservative cartoonists about this SC shooting.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

D.N. Nation posted:

Look at the drat smelly hippies who run wind energy companies!

Look at 'em! Dirty hippies!

Here's a fun game! In those CEOs, I also put the head of the American Energy Alliance. I'm sure you can spot him easily, right?
I'm gonna guess #3 since he has the doofiest face.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Assistant Director Skinner?

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

colonel_korn posted:

Branco draws the villains in his cartoons as if they were parodies of the villains in his cartoons.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

InequalityGodzilla posted:

I'm gonna guess #3 since he has the doofiest face.

Yeah, I guess I made it too easy. Doofiest face, worst hair, of course he's the wingnut.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

zoux posted:

Hmmm, kind of odd that we haven't seen anything out of conservative cartoonists about this SC shooting.

To his credit, Rich McKee did this one that I posted above and is even arguing with people on his FB wall who are trying to defend the guy.

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.

drat you Obama! How could you let Isis collapse like that?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

colonel_korn posted:

The Big Oil shills are always upset that when they cry about "Big Wind", "Big Environment", "Big Climate Science", or "Big Breathable Air" they are not taken seriously.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

lol @ using Gov Walker as an instrument to criticize Obama. Walker is a shithead weirdo that couldn't finish a degree at a private Jesuit college that he was bought into. Did you ever know a guy in college that was a total idiot and unironically believed in things he read on 4chan's /pol/ board? And also was such an unlikable gently caress that even the college republicans wanted nothing to do with him? Walker is that guy.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
That BIG WIND Branco is amazing. Cartoons of this caliber are why I continue reading this dumb thread.

It's no "I :heart: Apple Pie, Flags and Ice Cream" or "Spartan Tea Party Elephant Defends Against Liberalism W/Big Shield of Liberty", though. C'mon, Branco, I need you to really knock the next one outta the park!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Monkey Fracas posted:

That BIG WIND Branco is amazing. Cartoons of this caliber are why I continue reading this dumb thread.

It's no "I :heart: Apple Pie, Flags and Ice Cream" or "Spartan Tea Party Elephant Defends Against Liberalism W/Big Shield of Liberty", though. C'mon, Branco, I need you to really knock the next one outta the park!

If I were teaching I would use that comic to illustrate "conflict of interest" or "pushing an agenda".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

If I were teaching I would use that comic to illustrate "conflict of interest" or "pushing an agenda".

Yeah, if you're teaching like 6th grade, Branco would be a good, easy to criticize example of that.

• Locked thread