Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Dolash posted:

He has a law background, it'd be funny if he went the Taft route and got appointed to the Supreme Court.

I also think this would be pretty delightful but they will never in a million years allow this to happen. MAYBE with a Democratic supermajority in both houses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Updated! :sweatdrop:

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
Wait, how can the Republicans attack Hillary on her age when half their base is just as old?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

showbiz_liz posted:

Wait, how can the Republicans attack Hillary on her age when half their base is just as old?
Most of their base doesn't want to be president.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Rand Paul just walked out of another interview. Didn't like the question asked.

http://www.salon.com/2015/04/10/ran...dium=socialflow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2z6nf99WSE

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Rand Paul just walked out of another interview. Didn't like the question asked.

He ended it awkwardly and abruptly, but Dana Bash confirmed that he ended the interview because he had to start one with CNN and that the CNN crew were the ones who cut the lights.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

Sir Tonk posted:

http://wonkette.com/582295/you-wont-be-laughing-when-god-makes-koran-burning-preacherman-president-muslims

You may have thought that Vermin Supreme was a ridiculous candidate, but that was yesterday.

Terry Jones may be the new hot young thing, but Lyndon LaRouche will always be my favorite fringe candidate!

showbiz_liz posted:

I also think this would be pretty delightful but they will never in a million years allow this to happen. MAYBE with a Democratic supermajority in both houses.

It'd make for a great episode of the West Wing, at least. I'm not sure even with 60 Dems in the Senate something like that would work.

CaPensiPraxis
Feb 7, 2013

When in france...
Do you think Rand Paul's campaigns will take donations in monopoly money too? I'm pretty sure I could rustle up the maximum campaign donation in rainbow fun money.

Lemma
Aug 18, 2010
Having perused that list of candidates, I can safely say I will not be leaving the house on election day 2016 unless it's to go to Game Works.

gently caress.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Rand Paul is like the Hindenburg of leaving a room. He cannot extract himself from anything with any grace at all.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Joementum posted:

He ended it awkwardly and abruptly, but Dana Bash confirmed that he ended the interview because he had to start one with CNN and that the CNN crew were the ones who cut the lights.

The tweet says they turned the lights off when he finished, not that they forced him to finish. I don't think CNN would be forcing him not to finish answering a question. He walked off.

Prosopagnosiac
May 19, 2007

One of us! One of us! Aqua Buddha! Aqua Buddha! One of us!

CaPensiPraxis posted:

Do you think Rand Paul's campaigns will take donations in monopoly money too? I'm pretty sure I could rustle up the maximum campaign donation in rainbow fun money.

He needs not the fiat money of Parker brothers. He accepts Donations in gold Krugerrands! :downsrim:

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

computer parts posted:

Most of their base doesn't want to be president.

Bullshit, have you talked to any old, conservative people?

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

Lindsey Graham wants to put wood on Rand Paul, not that there is anything wrong with that.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/04/lindsey-graham-rand-paul-2016-116837.html

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Hilarious that Politico treats it as a "strategy" rather than the entire and only reason Graham is running, which has been obvious from the start.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Joementum posted:

Yeah it's not like he left his hamburger there half eaten or something.

ssbbud
Jan 2, 2014
I'm so excited to watch Ted Cruz in the debates, and those funding numbers make me hopeful that he sticks around to the bitter end. After Romney bowed out I had my doubts that this primary season could match the last couple cycles, but the great pomaded hope may still deliver us to the promised land.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Sir Tonk posted:

Yeah it's not like he left his hamburger there half eaten or something.

Haha, I remember that incident. That was so amazingly loving transparent. I'm surprised he didn't knock over his chair running away from the terrible, horrible, gay DREAMers.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that this is how he reacts to disruptions in his worldview, given that he's the son of the man who literally refused to use a business' bathroom facilities because the owner was gay.

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Apr 10, 2015

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Prosopagnosiac posted:

He needs not the fiat money of Parker brothers. He accepts Donations in gold Krugerrands! :downsrim:

Dunning-Kruggerrands, actually.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Autism Kroners

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
This prickliness is becoming a problem. You gotta work with these folks Rand.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!
Pounds Spergling is my favorite nickname, actually, but I wanted to play to Prosopagnosiac's lead.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

ssbbud posted:

I'm so excited to watch Ted Cruz in the debates, and those funding numbers make me hopeful that he sticks around to the bitter end. After Romney bowed out I had my doubts that this primary season could match the last couple cycles, but the great pomaded hope may still deliver us to the promised land.

Cruz will be utterly uninteresting in the debates, like he always is. He's already got the tea party cred, so he doesn't need to do anything to curry their favor, and can just keep up a steady stream of dogwhistles to keep the base appeased in the debates. The man is good at arguing.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Rand Paul is now stealing policy ideas... from Aaron Sorkin.

quote:

“The president says, well, I just want to give you free college,” Paul said at the University of Iowa. “It sounds good at first, but think about it, how could it be free? Well, somebody still has to pay. Someone has to pay the professors, the electricity, the janitorial services. Somebody pays.”

“I have a better idea,” he continued. “Let’s let college students deduct the entire cost of their educations over their working careers. Let’s make college tuition entirely deductible.”

On an episode of “The West Wing,” two advisors to fictional President Jed Barlet are stranded in Iowa when they meet a man touring colleges with his daughter who worries about making his tuition payments. “It should be a little easier—Just a little easier,” he told the presidential aides Toby Ziegler and Josh Lyman.

Next up: beating ISIS by declaring Syria a national park under the Antiquities Act.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Oh gently caress you Cruz

quote:

The Jihad that is being waged right now in Indiana and Arkansas, going after people of faith who respect the Biblical teaching that marriage is the union of one man and one woman. We need to bring people together to the religious liberty values that built this country. It wasn't long ago when this was an area of bipartisan agreement. When it came to the First Amendment we all stood together and said, 'Of course! Every one of us has God-given right to seek out and worship God.' This election needs to be about bringing together that consensus again, and that’s got to come from the people." - Ted Cruz

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Apr 10, 2015

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I don't know where you got that from but it's incorrect, he didn't say war he literally used the word "jihad." Imagine for a second how up in arms the right would be if a Democratic senator used that sort of rhetoric when describing Christians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmoGgziNTS0

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Of all the possible candidates, Jindal seems to be the most unhinged and he is becoming increasingly pathetic in his pandering for the radical religious base of the GOP.

quote:

"We saw a very unusual alliance this week," Jindal told a crowd at an Iowa homeschooling event, according to video obtained by Right Wing Watch. "We saw an alliance between Hollywood elites and corporate America assaulting the rights of Christians."

Hollywood has always been an easy target but holy poo poo, when you go after corporate America as an agent of the left that's some crazy.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

radical meme posted:

Of all the possible candidates, Jindal seems to be the most unhinged and he is becoming increasingly pathetic in his pandering for the radical religious base of the GOP.

Hollywood has always been an easy target but holy poo poo, when you go after corporate America as an agent of the left that's some crazy.

We saw it in 2012 perfectly, but now we're really starting to see heading into this election cycle why the GOP establishment wanted a short primary calendar. I can only pray Jindal gets into the race!

railroad terror fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Apr 10, 2015

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Joementum posted:

Next up: beating ISIS by declaring Syria a national park under the Antiquities Act.

That idea and others have been kicked around for a while (before West Wing) and is a pretty reasonable short-term compromise. I'm not sure why you'd make fun of Rand for that, particurly when he's leaving literal dust clouds like the Road Runner whenever someone asks him about something he doesn't like.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Jindal said he wanted one of the guys from Duck Dynasty to be his VP, he's more of a joke candidate than Cain was.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Joementum posted:

This now raises the question if the antiquities act is so worded that the president could make the entire planet a national park

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Raskolnikov38 posted:

This now raises the question if the antiquities act is so worded that the president could make the entire planet a national park

Obama uses one weird trick to enact national gun control. Conservatives hate it!

EDIT: Forgot that that was undone way back in 2010. Bah.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I don't remember the Bible having much to say about defining marriage as between 1 man and 1 woman. Awful lot of polygamy in the good book for you to get that as a take away.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I think the Hobby Lobby case where it was decided whether or not Plan B was actually "inducing an abortion" or not was irrelevant compared to whether that's what they believed was happening has established that people don't need to prove the validity or coherency of their beliefs to bludgeon others with them.

Plexiwatt
Sep 6, 2002

by exmarx

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Indiana (or Arkansas) Jihad is an excellent name for many things such as adult film stars, journalists, or bands.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Lockback posted:

That idea and others have been kicked around for a while (before West Wing) and is a pretty reasonable short-term compromise. I'm not sure why you'd make fun of Rand for that, particurly when he's leaving literal dust clouds like the Road Runner whenever someone asks him about something he doesn't like.

For people that hate the IRS, they seem pretty keen on giving them extra work. How would that work, you get to carry forward the tuition until it's all deducted?

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Dolash posted:

I guess as a question about Presidential politics in general, what sort of post-presidential career might we see out of Obama? He's still pretty young in politician terms, even if his eight years have aged him for twice that number. Is there precedent for ex-presidents returning to the Senate or taking on some other career?

He has a law background, it'd be funny if he went the Taft route and got appointed to the Supreme Court.

He should appoint himself on the last day of his presidency.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

radical meme posted:

The International Jew is a crafty enemy indeed

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

radical meme posted:

Bobby Jindal posted:

"We need to remind these elites that America did not create religious liberty," he went on, "religious liberty created the United States of America, and it is the reason we are here today."

Is he implying that America didn't create a form of liberty?! :bahgawd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I saw a Ted Cruz for President bumper sticker on a Hyundai Santa Fe here in Denver on my way home today. :cripes:

Why, yes, it was an old white woman driving with her old white husband in the seat next to her, why do you ask?

• Locked thread