Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
This is Annie's first haircut over the course of the comic, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Brightman posted:

This is seriously hosed up and it really shouldn't be when you think about it. Would be kind of weird if Annie got her haircut of her own volition, like she was only growing it out until she was reunited with her father, kind of like how I grow a beard when I'm mourning someone (this is a thing right? I'm not the only fucker that does this, surely).

At least it's not the exact same outfit, and in fact is probably this one she's wearing here, coincidentally in a chapter about haircuts...good job Tom.

Also, and this sorta really sucks, but I had always wondered why Renard was on the court side of the treatises as it seemed odd he'd be separated from Annie, but here we are :smith:

Pretty noteworthy that she's wearing that in the first summer, i.e. in anticipation of her father.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Brightman posted:

This is seriously hosed up and it really shouldn't be when you think about it. Would be kind of weird if Annie got her haircut of her own volition, like she was only growing it out until she was reunited with her father, kind of like how I grow a beard when I'm mourning someone (this is a thing right? I'm not the only fucker that does this, surely).

At least it's not the exact same outfit, and in fact is probably this one she's wearing here, coincidentally in a chapter about haircuts...good job Tom.

Also, and this sorta really sucks, but I had always wondered why Renard was on the court side of the treatises as it seemed odd he'd be separated from Annie, but here we are :smith:

Reading that page, man it's depressing that she considers a hospital "home".

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Brightman posted:

Awesome catch!

IUG posted:

Reading that page, man it's depressing that she considers a hospital "home".

It's all she had known.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Dammerung posted:

Awesome catch!

I went back to that chapter to see if she had gotten a trim at all, saw that dress, and was fairly surprised.

Wittgen posted:

This is Annie's first haircut over the course of the comic, right?

Pretty sure, yeah.

YF-23 posted:

Pretty noteworthy that she's wearing that in the first summer, i.e. in anticipation of her father.

Hmm, yeah, this might be all her doing in an effort to make things like they were. Probably not just due to how this is all unfolding, but either way she got her haircut because Anthony the Tosser is back.

Brightman fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Apr 10, 2015

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Lurdiak posted:

This has not been a pleasant ride for obvious reasons but this page is the first time I feel truly gut punched.
Same.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Worthleast posted:

I can't imagine how much further this rabbit hole can go. I thought it was bad enough pages ago.

There's still plenty of room to explore Reynard's miserable life as Anthony's slave.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Rand Brittain posted:

There's still plenty of room to explore Reynard's miserable life as Anthony's slave.
Part wolf, part lockpicks, all medical supplies thief and proxy etheric surgeon.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Fried Chicken posted:

Congrats on calling this I guess

I meant it as an amusing exaggeration of his treatment of Annie tbh. Never thought he'd actually DO it. I can only assume now that page 1500 will literally involve Annie being crucified, with Anthony grimly hammering the nails in.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Dammerung posted:

Awesome catch!

It's all she had known.

I know, that's the depressing thing.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Page 1500 will be a full-page spread of Anthony triumphantly stepping into the room, wolf-form Renard prowling behind him head bowed, and asking her what her business is here at this hour.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

JT Jag posted:

Page 1500 will be a full-page spread of Anthony triumphantly stepping into the room, wolf-form Renard prowling behind him head bowed, and asking her what her business is here at this hour.

Anthony: "Time to go, Antimony."

Kat: "No, I won't let you take her!"

Zombie Annie: " Yes... father. Time to go."

Reynard *glowers*

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

JT Jag posted:

Wednesday will be just a page filled entirely with static. Friday will show the story progress exactly the way it did before this chapter started, and Anthony is nowhere to be seen and nobody ever mentions him again. The only difference will be that Rey appears to be somewhat more wary around Kat.

Ah well, one can hope. :unsmith:

:smith:

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I have this sinking feeling that this is going to get much worse before it gets better. :smith:

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Zimmy needs to punch him again.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Revolver Bunker posted:

I have this sinking feeling that this is going to get much worse before it gets better. :smith:
Next chapter probably won't be about Annie or Anthony at all, to give us a breather from what just happened.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

JT Jag posted:

Next chapter probably won't be about Annie or Anthony at all, to give us a breather from what just happened.

MORT FUN TI-

Oh. :smith:

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

JT Jag posted:

Next chapter will be about Robot's hosed up cult trying to come up with a way to make Kat forget about Annie and focus on the real issues.

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

The phrase "let it straighten your back" is coming back to haunt me , but I can't quite put my finger on the significance of it.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

In lieu of Mort Kat needs to bring Basil by.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Freudian posted:

MORT FUN TI-

Oh. :smith:
The bonus page being "MORT FUN TIME" with the comic being four panels of blank white would be the perfect capper to this chapter

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Remember when we were all just tittering about how the new dorms were basically a robotic version of Friends? It seems so long ago now.

I need a hug. :(

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Wyld Karde posted:

Remember when we were all just tittering about how the new dorms were basically a robotic version of Friends? It seems so long ago now.

Can we go back to having fun sitcom adventures with silly robots? Please? Is that an option?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Wyld Karde posted:

It was solely to disarm us in preparation for what we are currently witnessing.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

JT Jag posted:

The bonus page being "MORT FUN TIME" with the comic being four panels of blank white would be the perfect capper to this chapter

Someone did an edit way back that took all references to mort out of that page, somewhere around the time Annie took him into the ether I assume.

...I was about to try to look it up because it didn't seem like that long ago but geez I haven't been in this thread in like forever, that edit's gotta be like a few hundred pages back by now

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS
No comment from Tom today; does that mean this is when he thinks it starts getting serious?

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Wyld Karde posted:

I hope you get one, Wyld Karde!

Itzena posted:

No comment from Tom today; does that mean this is when he thinks it starts getting serious?

Yep, this is an official signifier that poo poo is hosed.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
That picture gives me a very Jones feel, but it's still clearly Annie.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Can we go back to having fun sitcom adventures with silly robots? Please? Is that an option?

No, next page will have Anthony coming out of the room across the hall with an oil covered ax.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Pistol_Pete posted:

I meant it as an amusing exaggeration of his treatment of Annie tbh. Never thought he'd actually DO it. I can only assume now that page 1500 will literally involve Annie being crucified, with Anthony grimly hammering the nails in.
Don't be silly. He'll have Renard do it.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Splicer posted:

Don't be silly. He'll have Renard do it.

Seriously. He's not gonna be using a hammer with that bad arm of his.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

No one even remembers the chapter before this one where we saw how fairies and animals get their bodies.

himajinga
Mar 19, 2003

Und wenn du lange in einen Schuh blickst, blickt der Schuh auch in dich hinein.

Splicer posted:

So that's where Eightfold got to.

nice

this joke made me :unsmith: for a second then I remembered what happened to Eightfold and welp :smith: here we are again

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
So now Anthony has decided that he and Annie are going to be religious fundamentalists eschewing technology and society on a farm in the sticks?

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Parts Kit posted:

So now Anthony has decided that he and Annie are going to be religious fundamentalists eschewing technology and society on a farm in the sticks?

Heck no! Do you know how dirty farms are?

cosmosisjones
Oct 10, 2012

Watching someone apparently destroy what took three years for Carver to build up and become in less than a day is really drat hard to read right now.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

shadowvine118 posted:

She definitely seems to be entering a major emotional lockdown. I imagine Kat will cry and hug her while Annie just tries to reassure Kat with an expressionless face.
No, there's an argument coming. Kat is going to end up yelling at Annie about how awful her dad is and Annie will react in her typical manner to someone criticising her father.
Kat ends up running off crying, Tony turns up and Annie passively follows him to her new room. End of chapter.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

Itzena posted:

No, there's an argument coming. Kat is going to end up yelling at Annie about how awful her dad is and Annie will react in her typical manner to someone criticising her father.
Kat ends up running off crying, Tony turns up and Annie passively follows him to her new room. End of chapter.

Then we see that Tony has already started dissecting Renard and forces Annie to assist him.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

clockworkjoe posted:

Then we see that Tony has already started dissecting Renard and forces Annie to assist him.
He's in the body of a doll so I think he'd no-sell it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
I wonder...

CAN Coyote steal Renard back?

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=817