Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Foxtrot_13 posted:

So tomorrow will be jammed packed with the premium Japanese tanks. So whats the best tank to go and shoot pubbies ? KV-1S with the 120mm? M4 with the derp? Pz4 with the derp?

Wolverine with derp fires 2-3 seconds faster than the M4 and has better camo without losing the turret :yotj:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Foxtrot_13 posted:

So whats the best tank to go and shoot pubbies ?

The answer is obviously the Churchill III.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Hellsau posted:

Uh, Cam/Donkey -

We're gonna need to turn in our goon cards. A pubbie actually thanked us for being good people. That was the WTpz4 from the last Malinovka game.

'shopped.

Teron D Amun posted:

you should maybe take the weekend off, the amount of absolut retarded morons coming out of the woodworks for these kind of events is amazing

This is really the dumbest bad narrative around.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
I would just say that I'm really drunk, and at some drinking hole. I just overheard some fat metal fucks fawning about tiger tanks. I'm gonna drink some more and tell them that they are mongoloids. Wish me luck Tia . I'm autism

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

Hellsau posted:

Uh, Cam/Donkey -

We're gonna need to turn in our goon cards. A pubbie actually thanked us for being good people. That was the WTpz4 from the last Malinovka game.

Is that the one that drove across the open field like a retard?

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Atal Vataman posted:

I would just say that I'm really drunk, and at some drinking hole. I just overheard some fat metal fucks fawning about tiger tanks. I'm gonna drink some more and tell them that they are mongoloids. Wish me luck Tia . I'm autism

Is that you, srb? Finishing up a batch of spaghetti with a chunk of salsa and ketchup?

:derp:

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
they disappearedd... gently caress peoples imho

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I got some random person in a match asking if PANSY was an LBGT clan and some other idiot yelling at them to ask about joining later, we're losing Mines!!

Never prouder

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

There's no loving way the t14 is better than the excelsior

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Jesus gently caress this game right now

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
So I've finally got enough scratch to get my first Tier 8. Given I enjoy the playstyle of both lines, have a 100% crew ready to go for either and would be doing them pretty much stock, should I get a Tiger II or an IS-3? What gear should go on them? Or should I just shoot myself to save myself from playing either?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

IS-3 is better than the Tiger II but the E-75 and E100 (I hear) both are awesome and fun. The IS-8 is like a huge medium with a big gently caress off gun don't have an IS-7 though.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

BadLlama posted:

IS-3 is better than the Tiger II but the E-75 and E100 (I hear) both are awesome and fun. The IS-8 is like a huge medium with a big gently caress off gun don't have an IS-7 though.

The E-100 will cost you a lot in credits for the fun it provides.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

adamantium|wang posted:

So I've finally got enough scratch to get my first Tier 8. Given I enjoy the playstyle of both lines, have a 100% crew ready to go for either and would be doing them pretty much stock, should I get a Tiger II or an IS-3? What gear should go on them? Or should I just shoot myself to save myself from playing either?

Anymore, I think I'd give the edge to the Tiger 2 over the IS-3. The IS-3 has been on the receiving end of a lot of re-balancing and just isn't the same. KT is still solid, does the generalist HT role well, and leads to the E-75/E-100 fun parade.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

CitizenKain posted:

Anymore, I think I'd give the edge to the Tiger 2 over the IS-3. The IS-3 has been on the receiving end of a lot of re-balancing and just isn't the same. KT is still solid, does the generalist HT role well, and leads to the E-75/E-100 fun parade.

No, the IS-3 is more maneuverable and faster (unless it changed) and has those magical bullshit sides. Between that and the higher alpha gun it remains competitive in t9 and t10 battles where the Tiger II really struggles. Also in higher tier battles the Tiger II's armour is absolutely worthless outside of sidescraping where the IS-3 can still bounce the odd shell that hits the far side of the pike or its turret.

The Tiger II is probably the best generalist of the t8 heavies but I'd almost call it the worst of them. The 4502A is a big heavily armoured medium - while it's not the better at being a conventional heavy it has a different job that it does far better at that than the Tiger II does at being a generalist.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
I have no idea what MM is up to, but I've had 3 straight tier 4 matches in the Hetz.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Desuwa posted:

No, the IS-3 is more maneuverable and faster (unless it changed) and has those magical bullshit sides. Between that and the higher alpha gun it remains competitive in t9 and t10 battles where the Tiger II really struggles. Also in higher tier battles the Tiger II's armour is absolutely worthless outside of sidescraping where the IS-3 can still bounce the odd shell that hits the far side of the pike or its turret.

When I was playing my IS-3 recently it just didn't feel like it used to. The turret especially felt like people were constantly sailing shots through.
Its probably hard to go wrong with either of them though.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

You are a scholar and a gentleman.

Quick and dirty math tells me I will make 975g doing it like this.

I wonder if they're smart enough to mark down the gold you get for the Chi-Nu Kai.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Apr 11, 2015

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

CitizenKain posted:

When I was playing my IS-3 recently it just didn't feel like it used to. The turret especially felt like people were constantly sailing shots through.

I'm not sure I've bounced a single shot on my is-3 since I restarted a couple weeks ago. I've bounced way more shots on my FCM 50t

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Click here to watch me get screwed by the RNG. Five Sturer Emil shots hit, only one does damage. My favourite is when the friendly T-44 gets his barrel in the way of my shot.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Apr 11, 2015

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.
For your enjoyment, from my trashiest "friend" on facebook:

The dozens for gifties: "Yo momma be so classless she all Karl Marx and poo poo." Drops mic.

Language is a living thing. You weren't wrong. You were effecting change. You should receive honorary degrees.

Plus, how many other people, (other than us) have grammatical epiphanies when drunk? *note: I had to edit this post for grammar. Dammit.

You can take the kids out of the gifty colleges, but you can't take the gifty colleges out of the kids.

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
I recently clicked "update" on this client because I'm an idiot and I'm not really finding the old goon conversation channel... where do I go to be told I'm bad at tanks? My B2 is lonely...

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

You don't see a patrol duty in an E75 everyday.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1786097#malinovka-axetrain-e_75

But you did today :cool:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

SpiDeR posted:

I recently clicked "update" on this client because I'm an idiot and I'm not really finding the old goon conversation channel... where do I go to be told I'm bad at tanks? My B2 is lonely...

You're bad and you're a bad person for playing World of Tanks. Also look for "goons" in the chat channel list.

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
I had looked there, was only one dude, thought they were a squatter... figured I'd stumble in here.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

In case anyone was wondering all it takes is 326 damage and 123 spotting damage to get a mastery badge in the BT-7...

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

CitizenKain posted:

The turret was never truly strong, but the top armour weakspot was enlarged

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

This is not the best blind kill shot I've ever made. It was however one of the hardest ones I've ever made. Nailed a moving chaffee from across the map while I myself was also moving as fast as I could, that had to hurt.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1786366#self

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

warcrimes posted:

This is really the dumbest bad narrative around.

out of 20 games played during euro prime time the games were always complete blowouts or 15-1 defeats, 4-5 team members dead before the 4 minute mark wasn't uncommon and of course the ever so popular tier 7 tank queues up with a tier 4 buddy platoons
narrative my rear end

edit: rent an IS-6

Teron D Amun fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Apr 11, 2015

Zanziabar
Oct 31, 2010
Sometimes, even a goon platoon doesn't have shoulders broad enough to carry.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP0cd1Ij-D4
5 kills in 50 seconds, or your money back, guaranteed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k529Hq72ZU
Also the Foch is a pretty good TD I guess??

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Teron D Amun posted:

out of 20 games played during euro prime time the games were always complete blowouts or 15-1 defeats, 4-5 team members dead before the 4 minute mark wasn't uncommon and of course the ever so popular tier 7 tank queues up with a tier 4 buddy platoons
narrative my rear end

Oh, cool. Tell me more about how your anecdotal evidence will smash math and statistics into submission.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

may Allah (PBUH) send x5 weekends straight to hell alamhidullah

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

warcrimes posted:

Oh, cool. Tell me more about how your anecdotal evidence will smash math and statistics into submission.

Oh, cool. tell me more how your anecdotal comment will smash math and statistics into submission.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

WitchFetish posted:

may Allah (PBUH) send x5 weekends straight to hell alamhidullah

Felt bad for this dude yesterday, it's usually me in that situation.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So uh... I kind of had an amazing game in my EXCELSIOR!.

I found that shooting gold and not giving a poo poo is a winning combination.

Replay of the slaughter: http://wotreplays.com/site/1787241#prokhorovka-mesadoram-excelsior

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
LEFH is the best. Includes good shots, bad shots, HEAT mechanics at work, a blessing from the RNGesus, and the a fitting ending.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1787663#sand_river-crazedkid103-105_lefh18b2

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Base XP seems hosed Just had bad game in my T-34-2 got around 800 spotting damage and regular damage against same tier tanks and got 620 xp base without premium. For my 5x win I had 1,200 spotting damage and 3,000 damage done against higher tier tanks and my base xp was only 1,000 since it ended up giving me 5,000xp before premium. Something does not seem right about the 5x multiplier.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

warcrimes posted:

his post contained the same amount of math and statistics as yours did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

BadLlama posted:

Base XP seems hosed Just had bad game in my T-34-2 got around 800 spotting damage and regular damage against same tier tanks and got 620 xp base without premium. For my 5x win I had 1,200 spotting damage and 3,000 damage done against higher tier tanks and my base xp was only 1,000 since it ended up giving me 5,000xp before premium. Something does not seem right about the 5x multiplier.

Killshots are vitally important for high base XP. Also sometimes the XP calculation just kinda messes up so don't worry about it.