Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
*photos of kansas farm land*
enlightened urban goon: lol look at these scared suburbanites not having sidewalks or neighbors nearby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

born on a buy you posted:

lubbock is a small town in the middle of nowhere that's only real attractions of ttu and a groundhog habitat. them being sparse and empty makes sense

it has a museum with the glasses taken from buddy holly's cooling corpse too

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

quote:

Architecture Report – Craig Walling in Ed Russell’s absence presented a room addition submitted by
David and Robyn Fonk [7547 W. Libby] with the required 4 signatures from surrounding homeowners.
Craig will go over the proposal with Ed and get back to the Board with the Architecture Committee’s
recommendation.

Craig also presented Mr. Davies’ proposal to split Lot 25 and Lot 26 on Villa Theresa.
Mr. Davies wants to remove the middle garage and disconnect his home on Lot 25 from the RV garage on
Lot 26 and sell Lot 26 as a separate Lot. By removing the middle garage and leaving only an RV garage
on Lot 26 this immediately makes Lot 26 out of compliance according to the CC&Rs. The necessary 4
signatures required from surrounding homeowners were not available. This proposal was put on hold
until Mr. Davies can provide more information and the required signatures to the Architecture Committee.
Due to time constraints Mr. Davies has claimed because of a sale of Lot 26 that is supposed to close on
April 7th, the Board said they would call a Special Board meeting after he provides the necessary
paperwork so it can be reviewed by the Board and Architectural Committee in further detail.

Mr. Klepke spoke to the Board regarding the fact that he has already erected a temporary structure as a
cover for his boat and trailer without approval from the Architectural Committee and Board. He said he
did not realize there was an HOA Architectural Committee review requirement although he has been
paying dues for several years. He has received a Notice of Violation from the HOA Management
Company. Mr. Klepke brought additional information, pictures of his home, pictures of other structures
in the neighborhood that are erected, and 27 signatures of various homeowners approving his cover, etc.
Mr. Klepke stated that he realizes that he erected the structure without approval but would like guidance
from the Architectural Committee and Board on how he can modify the structure in order to receive
approval. Mr. Klepke stated the current structure’s dimensions are adjustable, up/down, narrower and
that the cover can be upgraded to a nicer fabric instead of the cheap tarp it currently has. The Board
stated that they will postpone enforcing the cease and desist letter he received from the Management
Company in order to review the situation further with him. Further discussion will follow.

never buy a home with an HOA. Townhouse, maybe, house, never.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

lol at the one not-dead lawn with perfect borders

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

never buy a home with an HOA. Townhouse, maybe, house, never.

you say that until one or more of your neighbors decides to stop giving a gently caress and just pile trash/cars/other junk in their front yard. im outside of city limits aint no code enforcement here but the hoa that is like $600 a year or something. my last house was in a different municipality and there were houses in that neighborhood that straight up may have been abandoned and there was no hoa so no one did anything

there are good ones and bad ones, just got to make sure you dont buy in a bad one and/or have social skills to communicate with neighbors

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

or just live in a city with ordinance like a sane person

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

or just live in a city with ordinance like a sane person

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

caring about property values is an excuse for some of the shittiest behavior people have perpetrated on each other in the last 40-60 years

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Dislike button posted:

you say that until one or more of your neighbors decides to stop giving a gently caress and just pile trash/cars/other junk in their front yard. im outside of city limits aint no code enforcement here but the hoa that is like $600 a year or something. my last house was in a different municipality and there were houses in that neighborhood that straight up may have been abandoned and there was no hoa so no one did anything

there are good ones and bad ones, just got to make sure you dont buy in a bad one and/or have social skills to communicate with neighbors

who cares? its not your house

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

pr0zac posted:

who cares? its not your house

thats how zuck and gates got around that problem, by just buying all the surrounding houses

if you don't value having some sort of minimum standards for property you may sell one day idk what to tell you. do you have like 12 rusted out cars and 6 couches in your front yard?

it's u

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

one of my friends lives near marissa meyer's place in palo alto and he told me she bought an old mortuary for more house space and before tearing it down had a halloween party in it
http://www.businessinsider.com/marissa-mayer-halloween-party-2014-10

Phoning It In
Oct 17, 2010

Dislike button posted:

like 12 rusted out cars and 6 couches in your front yard

this but also torched w/ gasoline & animal bones strewn around to intimidate trespassers is my dream front yard

Lenny Nero
Apr 14, 2007

I'm the magic man...The Santa Claus of the subconscious

lmao

Hidden Manor HOA Board of Directors posted:

Compliance Report: Weeds vs. Flowers - Mr. Horne was invited to attend the meeting to discuss weeds vs. flower but chose not to attend. Complaints have been received that one homeowner’s perception of flowers is being challenged. Stan Baltzo presented history and information from the CC&Rs. He reconfirmed that landscape design that infringes on other homeowners yards is out of compliance and is a violation. Plants that grow up through rock/desert landscaping is considered weeds whether it produces a flower or not. Discussion followed and was opened to the public. The consensus was that the plants that flowered in Mr. Horne’s yard are considered weeds and are a violation according to the CC&Rs. Stan reported that BlueSky Management continues to drive through the neighborhood twice each month sending out violation letters when necessary. He reports that homeowners are positively responding to the letters and correcting many of the violations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

trash people

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

qirex posted:

one of my friends lives near marissa meyer's place in palo alto and he told me she bought an old mortuary for more house space and before tearing it down had a halloween party in it
http://www.businessinsider.com/marissa-mayer-halloween-party-2014-10

she goes all out at Xmas, too

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
there's an annual mausoleum party at stanford

sir mix a lot dj'd it one year

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

half the photos on their page are plants growing through desert landscaping, god drat.
you'd think people that uptight would just have a list of prohibited plants, or approval for anything not on a pre-approved list.

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

i legitimately cannot imagine living a life where i ended up dedicating any percentage of my day to caring about this kind of stuff

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Munkeymon posted:

fuckin love that video

same!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 25 minutes!

Dislike button posted:

you're a huge human being.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Citizen Tayne posted:

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
stop talking to urself

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 25 minutes!
if you choose to live outside city limits, be prepared to deal with the downsides of ~property freedom~ and shut the gently caress up if it doesn't go your way.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Citizen Tayne posted:

if you choose to live outside city limits shut the gently caress up

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
agreed and cant wait for someone to come in and "pwn" us "cityslickers" with a wise old country saying

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
(thats actually a retarded platitude but whos counting)

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

Citizen Tayne posted:

the exclusion of sidewalks is an extremely intentional segregation measure.

this reminds me that the Atlanta Braves are moving to an Atlanta suburb and the county very explicitly said they don't want it to be used as an excuse to extend the train line up there because then black people would have access to Cobb county

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Citizen Tayne posted:

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

please do not compare gay people to hoa members

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Homo Owners Association

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
if your neighbor has cars on blocks and a busted dryer in his front yard, steal a chicken. if he keepts it up? poison his dogs. he done still got keepin them mess up in there? murder his family. country livin'

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
remember when Glenn Danzig had all those bricks in his yard and he got mad and threw them in a dumpster?

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

born on a buy you posted:

lubbock is a small town in the middle of nowhere that's only real attractions of ttu and a groundhog habitat. them being sparse and empty makes sense

i went to ttu and: 100% confirm.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Dislike button posted:

mmm, suburban freeman-on-the-cul-de-sac gets his balls crushed by the invisible hand

gimme a minute to crank out a tear

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Moist von Lipwig posted:

remember when Glenn Danzig had all those bricks in his yard and he got mad and threw them in a dumpster?

this is one of my favorite glenn danzig stories

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
same!

http://www.metalinjection.net/around-the-interwebs/hope-story-danzig-true

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Smythe posted:

if your neighbor has cars on blocks and a busted dryer in his front yard, steal a chicken. if he keepts it up? poison his dogs. he done still got keepin them mess up in there? murder his family. country livin'

you can lead a horse to water but inevitably it's going to drown itself and possibly you as well

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

the really disgusting thing about HOAs is the various groups that make bank running, advising, and managing them have convinced/bribed various municipalities and counties to require them for all new planned developments.

also if you want to piss off you HOA get a amateur radio license and put up a tower. the FCC have put their foot down that HOAs can't do jack poo poo to ban them and it makes the HOAs so loving mad to be told "no".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Shifty Pony posted:

the really disgusting thing about HOAs is the various groups that make bank running, advising, and managing them have convinced/bribed various municipalities and counties to require them for all new planned developments.

also if you want to piss off you HOA get a amateur radio license and put up a tower. the FCC have put their foot down that HOAs can't do jack poo poo to ban them and it makes the HOAs so loving mad to be told "no".

alternately, mount one of those old fashioned 2+ meter wide satellite dishes for weird free to satellite tv. cuz the FCC also says those are a-ok and an hoa/landlord/whatever can only prevent you putting one up if they provide an alternate means to get the same programming

• Locked thread