Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

fjelltorsk posted:

Good luck with your demons STR, i sincerely hope you get things sorted out and land on your feet. for some reason AI is the only place i really share and went. You guys are the only people i have told that this cancer poo poo scare me, and that i am afraid. This includes my S.O.

i will think positive thoughts for you, probably not worth much. if you where closer i would let you go hog wild (but not too hog wild) in my ridicilous medicine cabinet. these doctors keep prescribing me with all these fun drugs, and they only make me feel dizzy and fart.

Got a transfusion yesterday, and another today. i feel like a loving bull. This will probably last untill tomorrow morning when its time for some more nuking.

It is pretty amazing how this forum makes it easy to vent and open up.

Good luck with the nuking tomorrow. Maybe you'll become the hulk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

iwentdoodie posted:

It is pretty amazing how this forum makes it easy to vent and open up.

Good luck with the nuking tomorrow. Maybe you'll become the hulk.
As long as he doesn't go from feeling like a bull to a bullock...
(Sorry fjelltorsk :haw:)

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

goatse guy posted:

I might be late but I'm always down to help out with the CarFax cause with my dealer account. I don't have PMs anymore though so you'll have to post them here.

Thanks for the offer - I ended up pm'ing the guy from SA Mart. For <$7, I'll eat that and be shocked and amazed carfax thinks I've ever replaced my turbo. Now where did my pile of receipts go, because I know that's never happened.

In other news. Going to be in Chicago for a few days for work 4/20-23. Maybe a short goony meet up for beer? I'm the least interesting goon on the face of the planet (selling my fun car for a minivan. huzzah) but the potential for fun IS there.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I worked from 9p-8a for the Apple Watch launch and then slept until 4p. YOSPOS recommended fasting for 12-16 hours to get back on a normal schedule but ugh I woke up after dreaming of eating pizza and drinking coke

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

ssjonizuka posted:

Thanks for the offer - I ended up pm'ing the guy from SA Mart. For <$7, I'll eat that and be shocked and amazed carfax thinks I've ever replaced my turbo. Now where did my pile of receipts go, because I know that's never happened.

In other news. Going to be in Chicago for a few days for work 4/20-23. Maybe a short goony meet up for beer? I'm the least interesting goon on the face of the planet (selling my fun car for a minivan. huzzah) but the potential for fun IS there.

Id be down for a beer in Chicago. I wanna meet up with goons. I was on my stupid honeymoon when kastein rolled threw town. I wont miss meeting another goon. I know theres a few brewerys having groupon tours that weekend.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Stay up till 5am? Sure brain. It's not like I needed that sleep for anything important today.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

New Roadkill is up and it is pretty awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOQe1hWvX_c

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

That segment with them thrashing the cars on the dirtbike track was absolutely glorious :allears:

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
That was a good roadkill.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

So in addition to doing better road trips and cheap car challenges Roadkill now does modern car reviews better than Top Gear. I guess it's OK that Top Gear is done.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

kastein posted:

Boats make me glad I like offroad jeeps and airplanes.

Not if you bought a boat like me :P
Cheap piece of (mostly) floating aluminum. Just know what it can/can't do, and I'm never worried about it stranding me hahah.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Negromancer posted:

New Roadkill is up and it is pretty awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOQe1hWvX_c

That was legit amazing

MonkeyNutZ
Dec 26, 2008

"A cave isn't gonna cut it, we're going to have to use Beebo"
DasVolk is obviously cursed; RoadKill just definitively proved Dodge makes a reliable car all while making one of my new favorite episodes.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I dont think I've ever been more tempted to walk out. It's been busy, the bitchiest manager is here, and I really don't need this job anymore. And seriously, gently caress washing dishes and cooking at the same time.

I'm not going to, cause I'm not a dick, but it's tempting

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

MonkeyNutZ posted:

DasVolk is obviously cursed; RoadKill just definitively proved Dodge makes a reliable car all while making one of my new favorite episodes.

Dodge makes a reliable car? That's movie magic, my friend.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

ExplodingSims posted:

I dont think I've ever been more tempted to walk out. It's been busy, the bitchiest manager is here, and I really don't need this job anymore. And seriously, gently caress washing dishes and cooking at the same time.

You should actually do this.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

I don't want to be a dick to my company*

* A company is not a real person with feelings or a soul that cares about you in any way

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Moxie Omen posted:

A company is not a real person with feelings or a soul that cares about you in any way

Yeah, I can never understand why it's necessary to give two weeks' notice when you leave. When it's the other way around they sure as hell don't give you any prior notice.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Moxie Omen posted:

I don't want to be a dick to my company*

* A company is not a real person with feelings or a soul that cares about you in any way

No gently caress the company. I don't give two shots about them, and they don't care about me.

But I don't want to screw over my co-workers/ friends. Plus I'd still like to be able to get burritos in the future.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

ExplodingSims posted:

I've done it a bunch of times and it's liberating. gently caress them, you think they'd give you notice if they were going to fire you?

The only reason you DON'T walk out is when it's on good terms.

Your co workers can deal with it don't worry about them.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Yeah lol at putting in two weeks to any restaurant. Show up and walk out once someone pisses you off or whatever.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

MonkeyNutZ posted:

Truth. That was amazing.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Good lord, people are flipping the gently caress out because Dodge is sponsoring Roadkill now and somehow that episode was complete poo poo? I mean seriously, they're totally hinting at putting a Hellcat motor in the General Mayhem. I NEED to see that, and it won't happen without Dodge.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Lol at anyone flipping out. That episode was awesome. Who cares if Dodge sponsored it? I'm sure that Chevy, Ford, Toyota and everyone else are probably going to kick themselves for not doing it first. Fantastic episode, and if it gets the boys some more awesome toys, all the better.

And yes, they need to Hellcat...something.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

Siochain posted:

Lol at anyone flipping out. That episode was awesome. Who cares if Dodge sponsored it? I'm sure that Chevy, Ford, Toyota and everyone else are probably going to kick themselves for not doing it first. Fantastic episode, and if it gets the boys some more awesome toys, all the better.

And yes, they need to Hellcat...something.

Hellcat motor with a manual transmission in the General Mayhem would be boner-inducing.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

So driving through campus after work there was a group of people at the bus stop next to a giant puddle. They saw me coming and backed up. I barreled through anyways and sprayed the poo poo outta them. Made my day.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Super Aggro Crag posted:

So driving through campus after work there was a group of people at the bus stop next to a giant puddle. They saw me coming and backed up. I barreled through anyways and sprayed the poo poo outta them. Made my day.

In Norway that's a loss of license, and drat near a felony. You're a douchebag. Cars come with a pedal that slows them down so you don't splash people.

Senior Funkenstien
Apr 16, 2003
Dinosaur Gum

Geirskogul posted:

In Norway that's a loss of license, and drat near a felony. You're a douchebag. Cars come with a pedal that slows them down so you don't splash people.

Glad I'm not the only person who thought that was a dick move

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Congratulations on being an rear end in a top hat!

Seriously if that kinda poo poo makes your day you have issues.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

That's something that's o my funny if you're joking about doing it :v:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sometimes I have urges to do terrible things and I have to really focus on not doing it.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

some texas redneck posted:

So this is really painful to admit.

Look at the number of self admitted alchoholics in here, now ask yourself how many of those are hiding a substance abuse problem, and speak about it freely on the internet due to the degree of seperation, or the people who use that shield to hide behind so people don't know just how badly you're truly well and hosed. Oh man, he looks wrecked, always coming in late and looking ready to die, but he always makes sure to mention right off the bat just how hung over he is and man he needs to tone down those beers. The shame isn't in the act of having it, or to have it over any set of circumstances that could have caused it,. The only shame is in after realising just where you've fallen down to to choose to bury it off in the corner like a cat burying what's left of Jimmy Hoffa. Quiet and no mess, keep the status quo at all costs until the only option is the long way out. I admire your ability to stand up to it. I know it's a hard choice to make.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

You guys just figured out I'm a piece of poo poo?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Super Aggro Crag posted:

You guys just figured out I'm a piece of poo poo?

I always thought you were an okay guy before :(

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

ssjonizuka posted:

Carfax's reliability is iffy. My workplace uses Autocheck on our cars because we've found it to be more reliable.

I had a customer today who insisted that the Autocheck and CarFax weren't enough and demanded the phone number of the previous owner.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

SuperDucky posted:

Pending/possible legal action. ;)

Tall ships are sweet, I hope I'm able to sail one someday.

Sprits are a complicated question. Initally, the bowsprit was one of the best-secured parts of the boat, so it made sense to attach more sail area up there. As better materials in boat building and sailmaking came along, the tall ship and yawl rig went away because sloops made more sense. If you go back and look at the video of the Carbon Colubmia and the sailplan of the Tiger10 and other contemporary sportboats, the bowsprit is making a comeback, albeit, generally retractable. We've discovered that downwind, hoisting a big rear end spinnaker further off the forestay makes it easier to trim and to bend the apparent wind angle.

I might have gone a little bit overboard on the technicalities, there, let me know if I need to explain everything further--I can answer questions in more detail tonight after I get off work.

Tiger10m with the sprit deployed:

Thanks for the explanation, although I'm not sure why sticking an extra jib sail way out on a long bowsprit wasn't beneficial, even with modern materials. The bowsprit on the Columbia is cute. :) I'm currently building a scale model of a Bermuda rigged armed sloop. They took the bowsprit concept to the extreme:

iwentdoodie posted:

Boats are awesome, but Jesus gently caress they're expensive. Even a goddamn jonboat costs entirely too much to keep going.

That is why building a custom sailboat and cruising the world is my 'win the Powerball dream', and not some sort of life goal that I know I'll never be able to attain.

meatpimp posted:

God drat boats are expensive. A long time ago I was married to a crazy chick whose dad had too much money. He had a Chris White 46' catamaran custom built and the money in every aspect of that thing was staggering.

Freaking gorgeous boat, though http://chriswhitedesigns.smugmug.com/ATLANTIC-CATAMARANS/ATLANTIC-46/10649887_6PZ77j#!i=740959346&k=JnMJCws

Cats are amazing sail boats, but for whatever reason I've always thought they were ugly, and never really wanted one.

ExplodingSims posted:

Not even two hours later I get a call from them, I got the job! :toot:

Congratulations!

Ferremit posted:

Dude, no one is going to think of you less for admitting to this. Get the help you need, we'll be here when you need to vent.

Take care of yourself, thats the most important bit.

What this guy said.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

goatse guy posted:

Carfax's reliability is iffy. My workplace uses Autocheck on our cars because we've found it to be more reliable.

My last car was in a wreck on the interstate where a truck ran into the left rear quarter panel in rush hour traffic. Highway patrol came and made the report, etc.

The carfax said that my car had been T-boned by a deer. :wtf:

It would have been a lot funnier if that dumb report didn't tank the value of the car so bad, no matter that it was superficial damage that was perfectly repaired. Wreck! Oh no!

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
I've had several cars with clean Carfaxes and accidents on the Autocheck, and the other way around. It's best to pull both if you're worried.

A PPI will tell you way more than either of those either could, but customers have been trained to believe that the CarFax is the end-all be-all of car history and the only important thing.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

ssjonizuka posted:

SouthsideSaint posted:

Id be down for a beer in Chicago. I wanna meet up with goons. I was on my stupid honeymoon when kastein rolled threw town. I wont miss meeting another goon. I know theres a few brewerys having groupon tours that weekend.

Hit me up too. My wife is going to be out of town, so I'm down for impromptu gooniness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Sometimes I have urges to do terrible things and I have to really focus on not doing it.

So do I, especially in my job where I have to eat poo poo on a regular basis.

But you know, you grow up and realize you can't always be an rear end in a top hat no matter how bad you would love to be one.

• Locked thread