Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Eunt is imperative?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Zeris posted:

Eunt is imperative?

Eunt is indicative, and you're doing it wrong. I ought to cut your balls off.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Current Events: You a fuckboy if you can't conjugate Latin.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Zeroisanumber posted:

I love Oklahoma. They torture a man to death with untested drugs and instead of asking whether the death penalty is worth it, they just ask "How can we do this better?"

If the system ever breaks down, Oklahomans are going to be chopping off hands and crucifying people within the hour.

If Mexicans and blacks ever show up in large numbers, you mean. Oklahoma is the worst. I left OK to live in loving Utah, for fucks sake.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Godholio posted:

If Mexicans and blacks ever show up in large numbers, you mean. Oklahoma is the worst. I left OK to live in loving Utah, for fucks sake.

I spent four and a half months in OKC. I cannot even begin to imagine being stationed at Tinker.

gently caress. That. poo poo.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

joat mon posted:

Eunt is indicative, and you're doing it wrong. I ought to cut your balls off.

:siren:this is not safe for anything you will regret clicking this!:siren:http://i.imgur.com/CvzCTV1.gifv

modedit: you need to tag NSFW poo poo :mad:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Apr 11, 2015

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

My aunt moved down to Oklahoma for her senior year of high school, because it was the late 70s and grandma was a lovely parent who didn't stop her. Didn't take long for her to being fully taken over by the whitetrashness and start breeding.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i love this scene so much

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Casimir Radon posted:

My aunt moved down to Oklahoma for her senior year of high school, because it was the late 70s and grandma was a lovely parent who didn't stop her. Didn't take long for her to being fully taken over by the whitetrashness and start breeding.

One Pistol Pete tattoo and it's all over.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Godholio posted:

Boomer Sooner. Not even once.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

MrYenko posted:

I spent four and a half months in OKC. I cannot even begin to imagine being stationed at Tinker.

Toby Keith's "I Love This Bar" and Grill™ Restaurant

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

MrYenko posted:

read this as okcupid and tinder at first

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

MancXVI posted:

read this as okcupid and tinder at first

same

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Godholio posted:

They haven't been up here in 14 years but now at least my aunt is coming up for my grandma's 80th birthday. Hopefully she doesn't bring the whole clan :suicide: They're not in Oklahoma any more, apparently they fled their creditors by moving to Florida or something, which doesn't seem like something that would work in this day in age.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I did two years at Tinker. It wasn't awful. My worst assignment regardless.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
You got Moo out of it.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
I grew up in Oklahoma, even Little Softface could tell from driving past Tinker a couple times a year on the way to OKC that it was a dire shithole.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

holocaust bloopers posted:

I did two years at Tinker. It wasn't awful. My worst assignment regardless.

You were probably there when Lori Robinson was running the show, right? It went downhill SWIFTLY after she moved on up. The next wing queen helped us fail an ORI. You can probably predict how things were after that.

BG Kowalski seemed ok, but he left around the time I finished training. I know he pinned our wings after IQT but I don't remember if he was still there when I got to my squadron.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Dead Reckoning posted:

Haha, the White House is straight up trolling Netanyahu for his "an Iranian nuclear deal must be all about Israel" shtick:

(Context for those who missed Netanyahu's speech to the UN about Iran's nuclear program)

lol this owns so much

MrYenko posted:

In a discussion the other day I stated that I'd still rather be stationed at Tinker rather than Robins.

I'll need a ruling from our ABM dream team of Godholio and HI on this one but I think I'm correct and it's really more of a commentary on Georgia than anything else.

e: This was based solely on location and not any particular unit (it was in regards to the ALC's). You couldn't pay me enough to be associated in any fashion with the complete poo poo-show that is the 552 ACW

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I'll tell you what made my decision for me when I listed my preferences during UABMT:

Myself and three classmates took a road trip to get smashed in Atlanta over a holiday weekend. We swung through Warner-Robins on the way home to check out the base and the area. I got told to stop taking pictures through the flightline fence, but the cop didn't make me delete the 10 pictures I'd already taken before she woke up from (I assume) a nap. Anyway, a lot of the base looked fairly new, it was pretty nice, and there was a decent airpark. While at dinner in some chain restaurant, we asked the waitress what people do for fun around there. "Well...there's Walmart." Obviously I picked Tinker, but one of our group STILL put Robins at the top of his list.

Location vs location, I'd pick Georgia. Mission vs mission, AWACS (which means Tinker).

Edit: What really sucks is that the 552 now owns the CRCs too. They used to belong to their local fighter wing or whatever, so you could get away from the stupidity. That changed in 2010 or 2011, now they all fall under the 552 in one Air Control Group.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Godholio posted:

Edit: What really sucks is that the 552 now owns the CRCs too. They used to belong to their local fighter wing or whatever, so you could get away from the stupidity. That changed in 2010 or 2011, now they all fall under the 552 in one Air Control Group.

"We are the 552nd. Your mission and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile."

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

You got Moo out of it.

This is true.

Godholio posted:

You were probably there when Lori Robinson was running the show, right? It went downhill SWIFTLY after she moved on up. The next wing queen helped us fail an ORI. You can probably predict how things were after that.

BG Kowalski seemed ok, but he left around the time I finished training. I know he pinned our wings after IQT but I don't remember if he was still there when I got to my squadron.

Ya I left in August 2010. Shortly thereafter Tinker went to poo poo. When we'd bump into Tinker crews at the L3 sim building, they'd all share the same thought--that we're lucky to be in Alaska and away from that shitshow.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Haha people making GBS threads on the only part of the US I've ever spent some time :saddowns:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Put me in any of the corners, or Colorado.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Godholio posted:

Put me in any of the corners, or Colorado.

Even Florida?

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

There are plenty of awesome places in Florida. About half of the places I'd like to settle down post-AF are there. Just stick to the coast.

Admittedly, I haven't been to Colorado yet, and everyone seems to love it there.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I wonder how often they piss test in Colorado.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

If you stick to the coast and ignore the politics, Florida is a cool place to live.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Don't mind me, I'm just passing through.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Same.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
did they ever do any surprise drug tests for every DoD employee at Carson after weed got legalized in Colorado? I feel like it would be a great way to downsize if like, a week after weed gets legalized they piss test everyone.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Cole posted:

did they ever do any surprise drug tests for every DoD employee at Carson after weed got legalized in Colorado? I feel like it would be a great way to downsize if like, a week after weed gets legalized they piss test everyone.

i remember that we were trying to spread that rumor once it was legalized

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Yep. I'd rather not live on the panhandle this time though. Florida politics don't bother me...it's saner than all the other states I've lived in.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Fart Sandwiches posted:

havent had any random piss tests at my jerb, doubt therell be any either

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Cole posted:

All? Probably not. All military? Probably, and probably continuously.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I work as a dod contractor in Washington state, only time I peed in a cup was before I started the job.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

At Tyndall I was "randomly" piss tested about every two months.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
From the admittedly little I've seen of Florida, once you get past the Georgia / Alabama leaking into the top, ie. the panhandle and, well, basically the north part of the state, it's pretty loving legit. Even some of the more red neck areas are tolerable, but the south east is pretty drat nice.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Don't mind me, I'm just passing through.

You are under arrest for this meme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Aaaaaaaah yes.

Australia is hitting back against dumbass anti-vaxers by taking away free government cash for parents who don't immunize. They have around 50k kids on record who have not had the shots.

cnn posted:

Parents who refuse to vaccinate their children can lose up to $11,000 of welfare benefits a year under a new government policy, Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott has announced.

• Locked thread