Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

BgRdMchne posted:

The problem is that he's trying to use it on a gas range.

lmao if you consume anything at all that hasnt been at least once over an open flame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
I dunno, I really cooking things on an induction stovetop myself

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

minato posted:

Putting the tea bag in the microwave means you're saving time by steeping-while-heating, and it also allows the nucleation so the purified water doesn't explode when you take it out of the microwave.

I don't know who this guy is but this photo is fantastic. I don't see how people don't get it, but it is very well set up!

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.
Teapots and kettles, eh?

From one of my favourite photoshop threads here

Wait, that teapot looks familiar...

No, my mistake.
I was thinking of someone else. :godwin:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

twoday posted:

I dunno, I really cooking things on an induction stovetop myself

i gotta try that next time i visit the folks

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Doubtful Guest posted:

Teapots and kettles, eh?

No, my mistake.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHAAmdskBqU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Doubtful Guest posted:

Teapots and kettles, eh?

No, my mistake.

You called?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
:nws: http://i.imgur.com/Rd3OoDj.jpg

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Doesn't really apply, but...
Hung Frankenstein?

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
There's a full shoot including all Mel Brooks' movies.

Miranda
Dec 24, 2004

Not a cuttlefish.
Guess I'll continue the tea derail. Moving to America from Aus, my mother in law always made boiling water on the stove for tea so I bought her an electric kettle but she really sucks at using it. Also my mum stayed with her and said she had no idea how to make tea, didn't let it steep or anything.
Don't even get me started on bloody Americans and their lovely rear end coffee :argh:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
PYF Funny Tea Stories

Jabor posted:

Most electric kettles in the UK pull ~2-2.5 kW, which would be close to blowing the circuit breaker in a typical US kitchen (or worse, get them to install a bigger circuit breaker on a circuit that can't actually handle that current and burn their house down). US electric kettles are consequently much more anemic and take longer to actually boil anything.

:eng101: Also, the British electricity grid actually has extra generators that tend to only get switched on at 8pm at night because everyone goes to make a cup of tea after Eastenders or Coronation Street finishes. :britain:

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

TinTower posted:

PYF Funny Tea Stories

:eng101: Also, the British electricity grid actually has extra generators that tend to only get switched on at 8pm at night because everyone goes to make a cup of tea after Eastenders or Coronation Street finishes. :britain:

As it was explained to me during my training in the energy industry, electric load balancers have to spool up additional generating capacity several minutes before British tea time (probably a story made up by an American) and several minutes before Super Bowl halftime (when everyone puts nachos in the microwave and Uncle Larry broils his famous garlic bread for the halftime show).

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
It's called TV Pickup.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Well, I can't find the clip online, but just pretend I posted the video for "Baby needs a Shave" from Viva Variety.

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.
Is it still a problem for SA if you have a huge ignore list? I'm honestly asking, I'd just like to see funny pictures and not goons who think posting about tea is in any way interesting.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Maytag posted:

Is it still a problem for SA if you have a huge ignore list? I'm honestly asking, I'd just like to see funny pictures and not goons who think posting about tea is in any way interesting.

Have you tried Ebaum's World?

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

sure is a shame you have to read all those posts instead of just... not... reading them...

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Maytag posted:

maybe you should post more pics then

Crocuta
Nov 6, 2004
wakkawa

Maytag posted:

:coupons:

(Some poster in coupons broke the forums by ignoring thousands of users - might have been a hack.)

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Miranda posted:

Guess I'll continue the tea derail. Moving to America from Aus, my mother in law always made boiling water on the stove for tea so I bought her an electric kettle but she really sucks at using it. Also my mum stayed with her and said she had no idea how to make tea, didn't let it steep or anything.
Don't even get me started on bloody Americans and their lovely rear end coffee :argh:

In all fairness Australia has the benefit of both English and Asian tea culture and influence and somehow a very Italian style coffee influence. You have the best of all three. Most coffee in Australia puts us muricans to shame.

Blurred
Aug 26, 2004

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER
google image search for "funniest picture in the world":

for "least funny picture in the world":

for "moderately humourous picture":

for "picture humourous enough to satisfy the refined taste of goons":

for "shut the gently caress up about tea":

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Don't get people who use the ignore button

Tony Bologna
Sep 21, 2007

Talk real good 'cause I'm smart and stuff
Just curious, but all tea drinkers look like this, yeah?

don't drink tea or coffee, just nesquik and topo chico, you fuckers are all gross.

naM sdrawkcaB
Feb 17, 2011

Guess the country.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

naM sdrawkcaB posted:

Guess the country.

ISIS?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

naM sdrawkcaB posted:

Guess the country.

USA! USA! USA!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Found that while searching for this picture :shrug:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The Australian remake of The Shining is just terrible.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Tony Bologna posted:

Just curious, but all tea drinkers look like this, yeah?

don't drink tea or coffee, just nesquik and topo chico, you fuckers are all gross.

Nah, it's just that Robert Z'dar got around more than we realized, rest in peace.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

BiggerBoat posted:

edit: Mr Tea

"I feel tremendous sorrow for the imbecile who does not indulge in the consumption of hot, refreshing steeped beverages"

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

naM sdrawkcaB posted:

Guess the country.

Japan?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Maytag posted:

http://aggro-gator.com/

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Snowy posted:

Found that while searching for this picture :shrug:

Were you searching for "Trapped tiger trying to come out"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

This is absolutely disgusting.

I can't believe they would have such blatant product placement!

• Locked thread