Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
The key and pendant got accidentally knocked into the disposal box. Your usual plot complication.

Allarion fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Apr 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Evil Thing
Jul 3, 2010
Oh. That's significantly less interesting than I'd hoped.

The Evil Thing fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Apr 4, 2015

slev
Apr 6, 2009

So they are literally throwing the plot away?

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
First episode of the new season is out, and all the insane faces and expressions did not disappoint.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Nisekoi is now a bicycle anime.

The Evil Thing
Jul 3, 2010
Chapter 166 is now up

DoublePLayer
May 6, 2008

by Shine
And here's the actual chapter.

Nevermind, the above post has two links and I'm blind.
Well played, The Evil Thing.

DoublePLayer fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Apr 11, 2015

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
"Hey man, can I borrow your phone? Hello, Onodera? Sorry, there's been a problem with the pendant, I have to fix it, but it's possible I won't make it to the fir tree by 8 pm. Sorry in advance if this happens."

There, problem solved. Christ, these people :cripes:

Mikl fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Oct 3, 2015

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

DoublePLayer posted:

And here's the actual chapter.

Well played though, The Evil Thing

He did link it. He's got two links in his post.

DoublePLayer
May 6, 2008

by Shine
gently caress me, I didn't check for this, sorry.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Mikl posted:

There, problem solved. Christ, these people :cripes:

Look man, he had to hit the "oh no!!!! a sudden event has made it impossible for me to make it to my date, what do I do???" cliche.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
I don't like this cliche cause I do like dates with Onodera

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom
I would watch Meowsville goes to New York.

tobeannouncd
Oct 2, 2011

The tiger took my family
New chapter is up http://manga.redhawkscans.com/reader/read/nisekoi/en/0/167/page/1

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Surely this will result in dramatic changes. We needed something to change the status quo anyway, it's been way too long since last time.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

Mikl posted:

Surely this will result in dramatic changes. We needed something to change the status quo anyway, it's been way too long since last time.

"W-what a coincedence, Ichijo-kun! I stayed here to take some photos of the tree and show you later, but it looks like you had the same idea, huh?"

"D-drat, yeah, I guess we had the same thought, isn't that funny, ahahaha... ha."

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

gently caress this series for wasting my time!

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Grouchio posted:

gently caress this series for wasting my time!
The trickling of Marika chapters is worth any amount of time.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Alright author, the ball is in your court. How are you going to shove this under the rug?

tobeannouncd
Oct 2, 2011

The tiger took my family

BlitzBlast posted:

Alright author, the ball is in your court. How are you going to shove this under the rug?

My guess is that just when Raku or Onodera is about to confess right at 8, the pendant gets returned and things go back to normal. :sigh:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

MajorMarcus posted:

My guess is that just when Raku or Onodera is about to confess right at 8, the pendant gets returned and things go back to normal. :sigh:
Better still; they both look into each other's eyes, Raku is about to tell her something but Onodera interupts and says "You're my best friend!"

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I don't know how to feel about this chapter. It seemed worse. It was will he won't he mixed with will she won't she and nothing much for 20 plus pages. A Beehive experiment would even be welcome right about now.

HiveCommander posted:

Better still; they both look into each other's eyes, Raku is about to tell her something but Onodera interupts and says "You're my best friend!"

Oh, hey, thanks for giving me a reason to want to read the next chapter. I'd love to see the chapter after that where Ruri finds out and murders Onodera.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
Alright, I'm going to write some fanfiction now.

You know what'd be really, really interesting? If the next chapter has a giant swerve... where they admit their feelings for each other and kiss. The last page is Chitoge at dinner with her mom saying something like "I wonder if I should tell my mom that I really do love Raku..."

Cut to a second False Love - Raku is dating Onodera but doubling down on faking his love with Chitoge to hide the fact/guilt, which makes Chitoge even happier and spirals out of control. Then someone realizes that Onodera doesn't have her key anymore because they forgot about finding it and everything falls apart.

Then it goes all School Days and Chitoge kills Raku and Onodera and sails away.

Nevermind, maybe I don't want that.

Skychrono fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Apr 18, 2015

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I bet Chitoge probably owns a nice boat.

tobeannouncd
Oct 2, 2011

The tiger took my family
New chapter is up: http://manga.redhawkscans.com/reader/read/nisekoi/en/0/168/page/1

It looks like Marika fans are going to be pleased

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

BlitzBlast posted:

Very easily. No one should be surprised

The good news is Marika next chapter hopefully.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Allarion posted:

:getin:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Allarion posted:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

If nothing else, this chapter has some amazing faces.

Also go, Marika, rescue this series from haremland :getin:

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
The latest epsiode of the new season of the anime wrapped up the arc about Chitoge's Mom visiting for Christmas and it's just as :shobon: in anime form.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Today's episode was a Tachibana episode. It covered the Math Test and Raku-sama the parrot.

Welcome to Marika week. :getin:

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

And that ED.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Today's episode was a Tachibana episode. It covered the Math Test and Raku-sama the parrot.

Welcome to Marika week. :getin:

It's a shame Marika week had to end with that chapter :smith:

The Evil Thing
Jul 3, 2010

quote:

For all natural numbers n, the ones digit of the number 3n is designated an.

With the above conditions, for any natural number n, an + A = an. Find the smallest value of A that is greater than 1.
:psyduck:

I'm not super happy with the translation "ones" (I think "units" or "last digit" is a lot clearer) but leaving that aside, blergh... what an obnoxiously worded question. It's designed to encourage the student to brute force it with algebra.

tobeannouncd
Oct 2, 2011

The tiger took my family

The Evil Thing posted:

:psyduck:

I'm not super happy with the translation "ones" (I think "units" or "last digit" is a lot clearer) but leaving that aside, blergh... what an obnoxiously worded question. It's designed to encourage the student to brute force it with algebra.

This is a classic problem that's seen in a lot in middle school and high school math competitions. Yeah, it's meant to be brute forced, but since you're only focusing on the one's digit, it shouldn't be too bad.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

HiveCommander posted:

It's a shame Marika week had to end with that chapter :smith:

Wait, what do you mean?

(after reading chapter)

:dogbutton:

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Link to aforesaid Marika chapter - http://www.mangareader.net/nisekoi/169

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Unlike all the plot/locket fakeouts, I really want Marika's illness to be a constant fakeout. Raku's dad being completely ok with the police kidnapping his son is pretty great though.

The Evil Thing
Jul 3, 2010
They've certainly telegraphed it hard enough, but I think screwing around with a (unspecified) terminal illness might be a bit insensitive compared to everyone being dumbasses with no problem-solving skills.

MajorMarcus posted:

This is a classic problem that's seen in a lot in middle school and high school math competitions. Yeah, it's meant to be brute forced, but since you're only focusing on the one's digit, it shouldn't be too bad.

My first instinct was to write "Let an be the sequence {3, 9, 7, 1, ...}" but then the question becomes trivial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Calling it now; Honda's lying to try and help push Raku and Marika together or at least that's what I hope is happening :ohdear:

• Locked thread