Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Beef Waifu posted:

When life gives you lemons, you give up 1000 life points to throw them in the garbage.

You see the first scout lemon and you squash it hard.
Because unless you don't, that's how you get lemons.

The wisdom with Qlis is never, ever let them set up.
Ever.

Banish, send them to bottom of the deck, anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Far less useful than Qli, I finally got my rear end in gear and made a HERO deck. It's still very much a WIP and I appreciate any kind of help because I have no idea what I'm doing other than shouting YUGO SHOKAN constantly.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Isn't it a little light on monsters? I see that you have a lot of search, which alleviates the problem, but it still seems like a risky choice.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Beef Waifu posted:

This can be said for basically anything in the game, it is not a good response at all.

Yes, but it is the difference between going -1 or -4 with compulsory/fiendish.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

paradoxGentleman posted:

Isn't it a little light on monsters? I see that you have a lot of search, which alleviates the problem, but it still seems like a risky choice.

Well the deck seems geared for maximum YUGO SHOKAN/GOKAI CHANGE.
So imagine half of the extra deck being part of the actual deck.

Add 3 Avians.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Slur posted:

Yes, but it is the difference between going -1 or -4 with compulsory/fiendish.

As I said, this could be to anything. You might as well play Spiritual Beasts or something, because you seem to be concerned with any scenario where a trap can be used to screw you despite the fact it can happen to literally anything and against any deck. I'm not saying that person's move is optimal, I am saying your response is stupid because those are staple cards that are splashed into pretty much any deck.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Well the deck seems geared for maximum YUGO SHOKAN/GOKAI CHANGE.
So imagine half of the extra deck being part of the actual deck.

Add 3 Avians.

I was thinking more Kamen Rider Henshin than Gokai Change (since Masked Heroes are based on Kamen Riders, hell, their Summon method is literally called Transformation Summon/Henshin Shokan in the manga). And yeah, it's entirely reliant on fusing and Mask Changing as much as possible, though I'm seeing the limits of that pretty hard even against the AI.

Also wh...why?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Please remove all E-Heroes from the deck and replaced them with D-Heroes.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Beef Waifu posted:

Please remove all E-Heroes from the deck and replaced them with D-Heroes.

I will gladly do so if it means Shadolls will stop kicking my rear end.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Speaking of Ds, how do people use DDDs? Do they rely mostly on their continuous spells or is there more efficiency to them than that? I doubt everyone's pulling the pendulums right on the first turn or pulling all three extra deck monsters.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

As I said, this could be to anything. You might as well play Spiritual Beasts or something, because you seem to be concerned with any scenario where a trap can be used to screw you despite the fact it can happen to literally anything and against any deck. I'm not saying that person's move is optimal, I am saying your response is stupid because those are staple cards that are splashed into pretty much any deck.

My point is simple: you don't want to go -2 over attack points; you want to go -2 for board control, which attack points never do. Red-eyes Sword is a terrible card because not only are you going -2 to summon it, but you're going to go -3 or -4 if your equipped monster gets destroyed/bounced. Over attack points. Which don't matter.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Beef Waifu posted:

Speaking of Ds, how do people use DDDs? Do they rely mostly on their continuous spells or is there more efficiency to them than that? I doubt everyone's pulling the pendulums right on the first turn or pulling all three extra deck monsters.

Pendulum Summoning Kaiser.

I would give a non-joke answer if I were good.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Wow, testing the HERO deck I just ran into a glitch. My opponent Xyz Summoned Rhapsody in Berserk and activated its effect...now its stuck activating its effect over and over again without end. It doesn't even move from that to actually doing something, just the card flashing on screen over and over. It's really gone berserk.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Is there any good pendulum deck that's not Qlip? I was interested in building it but then they got wrecked by the banlist. I still want to play around with pendulums though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cabinet posted:

Is there any good pendulum deck that's not Qlip? I was interested in building it but then they got wrecked by the banlist. I still want to play around with pendulums though.
Pendunormals are a thing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

start with these guys (actually dragon horn hunter is a girl and jesus that description) and build outwards

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I thought those normal pendulum monsters weren't great?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it isnt going to win nationals but normal pendulums are good enough for ygopro/dueling network. it isn't an unplayable archetype.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

start with these guys (actually dragon horn hunter is a girl and jesus that description) and build outwards

How the gently caress do these qualify as "normal"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

How the gently caress do these qualify as "normal"
they're normal monsters with pendulum effects

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I'll have you know I took Skull Servants to regionals and had my best performance at a regionals with them. :colbert:

Vise the Stompy
Mar 26, 2006

This cosmic dance; bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively. But, if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend....Peace!
Doctor Rope
Igknights are super consistent and can be built ranging from low key casual quirky shenanigans to not playing as intended broken . Though they are an online only archetype atm if you are looking for real tcg cards.

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

Vise the Stompy posted:

Igknights are super consistent and can be built ranging from low key casual quirky shenanigans to not playing as intended broken . Though they are an online only archetype atm if you are looking for real tcg cards.

Igknight with key beetle is probably the most degenerate thing right now.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

I have like five of these motherfuckers and they will not stop finding me.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Beef Waifu posted:

I have like five of these motherfuckers and they will not stop finding me.
you just have to say their name three times in the mirror

good luck pronouncing it

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Endorph posted:

I want a reptier meta

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

Pretty much but you got two things wrong.The pendulums aren't the goal of the deck, it's the emperor combo that you saw Reiji perform a new variant off in the episode, or pulling all three extra deck monsters as you would call it. There are several ways to do it but most require 3 combo pieces and a level 4 DD already in your graveyard or hand. It's not that difficult to get the pieces since the deck has a lot of searchers and efficiency cards. However, it is very easy to get ruined by a single trap from the opponent. Since you're so dependant on the intricate combos between the emperors and DD one solemn warning, fiendish chain or black horn can mean game.

Their new CORE support has made the deck less gimmicky and going by Ygohack's attempts of using the support shown in last episode the deck is about to get a lot better.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I actually like how cool the cards are, so this is nice to hear. I'm gonna go online tomorrow night and see what builds are being used and try it a bit myself, it seems like a pretty fun deck overall.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Beef Waifu posted:

I actually like how cool the cards are, so this is nice to hear. I'm gonna go online tomorrow night and see what builds are being used and try it a bit myself, it seems like a pretty fun deck overall.

It can be fun but inconsistent, then again I'm not the best player of DDDs

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Blaze Dragon posted:

Far less useful than Qli, I finally got my rear end in gear and made a HERO deck. It's still very much a WIP and I appreciate any kind of help because I have no idea what I'm doing other than shouting YUGO SHOKAN constantly.

Add some bubble men

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

K. Flaps posted:

Add some bubble men

Zephyros the Elite would not be misplaced, usually used because of Rank 4 Synergy, but even with XYZ limited to you, you can Mask Change II into Anki and Dark Law from it, so not only do you get a Call of the Haunted back, but you can go into some of your most powerful monsters

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Turn 1 summoner monk + shadow mist special summon + mask change into dark law + all cards set in back row + special summon bubble man and xyz into a dark rebellion dragon or whatever. Then you die to raigeki, but who cares.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

K. Flaps posted:

Turn 1 summoner monk + shadow mist special summon + mask change into dark law + all cards set in back row + special summon bubble man and xyz into a dark rebellion dragon or whatever. Then you die to raigeki, but who cares.

Well, no Xyz because, well Fusion only, but otherwise yeah Heroes have gotten a lot of synergy once we stopped caring about all the ones they produced then and sticking to the manga only.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Onmi posted:

Well, no Xyz because, well Fusion only, but otherwise yeah Heroes have gotten a lot of synergy once we stopped caring about all the ones they produced then and sticking to the manga only.

Oh right, that's a deck for the tournament thing. Then bubble men aren't as strong I think, but if still add 1 or 2.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Speaking of Maximum *** SHOKAN:

Zombie maximum synchro.
Relies on Beast of the Pharaoh, Mezuki and Unizombie for a perpetual synchro engine.
and I mean perpetual. Get the right cards and in the same turn I can fill out the entire field with synchro monsters.

I need 4 extra cards to round out the deck that aren't the staple splashers, as well as good synchro monsters of levels 5+
Already going to add in star eater as that's easy to get to.

The D.D.Rs are there for some testing, and they've been quite good,

Also, I can quasar (the bits that could are taken out though) but it takes some solitaire and way way overextending myself.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Apr 11, 2015

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'll follow the Bubbleman suggestion, thanks!

Also drat, working on this has made me realize how painful the 15-card limit for the Extra Deck is. HERO wants all the Fusion cards it can get and 15 is horribly limiting.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'll follow the Bubbleman suggestion, thanks!

Also drat, working on this has made me realize how painful the 15-card limit for the Extra Deck is. HERO wants all the Fusion cards it can get and 15 is horribly limiting.

The Shining, Dark Law, Acid, Koga and Absolute Zero are all you'll need. Run Koga and Shining at 2, with Dark Law at 3. The rest, in a normal build, would be dedicated to rank 4s.

Twib
Dec 24, 2013
Well, since we're sharing decks:

I haven't played in forever, so I just splashed together some of the new stuff that seemed cool.

Twib fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Apr 11, 2015

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Can someone explain to me why does everyone love The Shining? Do most HERO deck remove enough cards from the game for it to be worth it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012

paradoxGentleman posted:

Can someone explain to me why does everyone love The Shining? Do most HERO deck remove enough cards from the game for it to be worth it?

Yes, Miracle Fusion is one of their best cards.