Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

Down, because if the overhang was pointed upwards it would be a tripping hazard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Wригхт ин а бенис

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

It's white and gold.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

The cat is going up, but it has been photoshooped onto a set of stairs going down.

Also "X is the new dressgate" is going to become a loving meme and I hate the world.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles has a new favorite as of 22:42 on Apr 10, 2015

PervertedLogic
Aug 14, 2003

Oh good, this is one of those dumb dress things because I've been looking at this stupid loving picture trying to figure out if it's a "stairs" reference (re: all the stupid goon talk) and I just wasn't getting it or what. I think the memes have broken me.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Tony Phillips posted:

Wригхт ин а бенис

Holy poo poo, Google Translate spat out "Wright in a Benis". Fantastic.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

You can't cut back on memes! You will regret this!

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

I'm looking for that one old meme where it's a guy strolling up to a group, says something, then everyone starts fighting while he runs away laughing

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

blunt for century posted:

I'm looking for that one old meme where it's a guy strolling up to a group, says something, then everyone starts fighting while he runs away laughing

This one? http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/trollbait-nobody-is-right

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Nothing new under heaven.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

That's the one! Thanks!

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

But that's not what Taylor Swift looks like

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Sinners Sandwich posted:

But that's not what Taylor Swift looks like

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

V
I
A

G
A
G
C
O
M

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

Triggerin' so hard right now

She looks like she's about to start belting out some sweet lyrics about Royco Cup-a-Soup.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Arbite posted:

Nothing new under heaven.

Brace yourselves... forkbutt is coming...

Wait, I mean

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART

That loving husky makes me laugh every time.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Okay memelords what's the significance of F.WOJAC?

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.
Near as I can tell, Wojak was the name of the guy who created the meme on some Polish imageboard.

Taber
Nov 17, 2007

Malkin's worst nightmare
Guess what! It's morel hunting season! I guess, according to memes on Facebook

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I haven't read this thread in like half a year. What's the new confession bear?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

We're all about Ennui Elk and Misappropriation Marmot now.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009

Taber posted:

Guess what! It's morel hunting season! I guess, according to memes on Facebook

gently caress. Wikipedia says these are drat cool lookin' mushrooms. No faulting the meme babby there!

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Hydrolith posted:

gently caress. Wikipedia says these are drat cool lookin' mushrooms. No faulting the meme babby there!

They're also really tasty so yeah, meme babby is pretty much spot on.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Hydrolith posted:

Morels are kind of rare and hard to find. They're also insanely good and either not easy or prohibitively expensive to actually buy. Finding morels if you're out mushroom hunting is like winning the lottery.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Morels are kind of rare and hard to find. They're also insanely good and either not easy or prohibitively expensive to actually buy. Finding morels if you're out mushroom hunting is like winning the lottery.

I had no idea those were not only edible, but delicious and highly sought after. I've seen hundreds while hiking around the southeast. Wish I knew, I fuckin love mushrooms.

I assumed they'd make me puke a lot because they look like alien egg sacks

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I had no idea those were not only edible, but delicious and highly sought after. I've seen hundreds while hiking around the southeast. Wish I knew, I fuckin love mushrooms.

I assumed they'd make me puke a lot because they look like alien egg sacks

There's also a kind called false morels that will do exactly that. Mushrooms don't gently caress around.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Chard posted:

There's also a kind called false morels that will do exactly that. Mushrooms don't gently caress around.

Hahaha, well of course. Nature is a fickle rear end in a top hat sometimes.
I assume there would be a difference in taste, right? The false ones wouldn't be as tasty as the true ones, I would think. If they taste similar, it would be super easy to eat a bunch of them and get proper sick.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Hahaha, well of course. Nature is a fickle rear end in a top hat sometimes.
I assume there would be a difference in taste, right? The false ones wouldn't be as tasty as the true ones, I would think. If they taste similar, it would be super easy to eat a bunch of them and get proper sick.

wikipedia posted:

Gyromitra esculenta – regarded as delicious – is known to be potentially deadly when eaten fresh, but research in the 1990s show that toxins remain even after proper treatment.
:shepface:

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Welp, no mushroom hunting for me, thanks

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

That's Morose Moose, idiot.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

ToxicSlurpee posted:

My dad is really into morel hunting; he's been doing it since the early 90's and apparently has a few "secret spots" that are pretty productive, but yeah, it's a crapshoot.

I went along once when I was 7 or 8. We walked around for 3 hours and didn't find a single one. That was it for me.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Gym badge day is a VERY dangerous day!
Not to continue the mushroom derail, but is there a law specifically preventing just picking some morels in the wild and growing them in your basement or something?
Seems like less work than hiking for days to find maybe 1 and, in the end, far more profitable. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

I was going to post about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyromitra_esculenta

I've seen that listed In Finnish mushroom books as †††*** or similar, which means "lethally toxic, but delicious when prepared correctly"

• Locked thread