Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Nuebot posted:

I like that half the rooms in brume tower can be cleared just by blowing up the barrels.

No barrels down here in this Iron Passage place :saddowns: Also what the hell is with that first room lever/hallway/fireball gauntlet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RolandIsNotOkay
Jun 7, 2014

Firstborn posted:

I'm sorry, it's "Ho" that is the censored part. So it'd be **ly K***ht.
The short character limit is sad. I want to be "of Mirrah", but that means my first name has to be 4 letters. Maybe I'll be "Gallant ______".

I miss K***ht Solaire and Jester T**mas.

My characters name is bonerfart and that isn't *'d at all.
Don't ask why I called it that, I was just having one of those impulsive moments entirely forgetting that "real people" will have to see it at some point.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
What item lets you turn invisible and explode into smoke when you roll?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Nuebot posted:

I think thats flynn's ring.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Firstborn posted:

Where's the easiest Bonfire Ascetic? I have farmed the Heide Knights to extinction at the tower, and only need the chest to have their full armor set.

If you are farming something, then it's probably something you can handle. So no harm in joining the Company Of Champions so enemies respawn a bit tougher instead of using Ascetics, right? Murphy's law may also may also make it go faster since "Aw shucks, he's not blowing through consumables to render an area permanently harder, may as well give it to him :saddowns:".

More so if you have the Agape ring on if you want to keep your soul memory in one spot while farming.

EDIT: Note to self, actually get me a Royal Swordsman helmet this time around when I properly get back into this.

EDIT 2: A quick google I see some comments that Heides only respawn once. But these are month old so I dunno if it applies to the new placements for Heides or what.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Apr 11, 2015

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Nuebot posted:

Simpleton's ring.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Section Z posted:

If you are farming something, then it's probably something you can handle. So no harm in joining the Company Of Champions so enemies respawn a bit tougher instead of using Ascetics, right? Murphy's law may also may also make it go faster since "Aw shucks, he's not blowing through consumables to render an area permanently harder, may as well give it to him :saddowns:".

More so if you have the Agape ring on if you want to keep your soul memory in one spot while farming.

EDIT: Note to self, actually get me a Royal Swordsman helmet this time around when I properly get back into this.

EDIT 2: A quick google I see some comments that Heides only respawn once. But these are month old so I dunno if it applies to the new placements for Heides or what.

Heide Knights currently respawn. Internet is being slow at getting all the changes from the rerelease right.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Vargs posted:

Simpleton's ring.

Thanks, is it actually useful or is it just an annoyance?

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Firstborn posted:

Where's the easiest Bonfire Ascetic? I have farmed the Heide Knights to extinction at the tower, and only need the chest to have their full armor set.

There's a pretty easy one to get to in the Bastille. It's in the same tower as Straid's cell, should be a floor or two under that. It's in a shaft and you have to make a pretty risky jump to grab it but it's pretty easy to make and doesn't take long to runback if you gently caress up.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

fennesz posted:

There's a pretty easy one to get to in the tower just below Straid's cell. It's in a shaft and you have to make a pretty risky jump to grab it but it's pretty easy to make and doesn't take long to runback if you gently caress up.

That sounds good. Risky jump, huh? Hmm...

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Firstborn posted:

That sounds good. Risky jump, huh? Hmm...

It looks daunting but if you jump at all you'll make it. You might need the Cat's ring to survive the fall though.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Decided to try my hand at some mirror squiring. The people are so defenseless, it kind of makes me feel like a monster :(. I got summoned for one guy twice, and killed him both times with a 1300 damage sunlight spear. I've squired ten times now, and have only failed to kill the host once. That time I got immediately gangbanged by several helping phantoms that didn't let up the pressure.
This is what I look like.

Rings are Flynn, Lightning Clutch, Sun Seal, and Agape. I normally use old leo instead of sun seal, but wanted to see what kind of numbers I could get with sunlight spear. The couple guys smart enough to dodge them have gone down to +10 lightning heide spear pokes.

Edit: Just got beaten again, before I even finished loading that time. The record is still excellent though. There is a period where a person mirror squiring is vulnerable, right as they are getting summoned. The person squiring can't see anything yet, and is open to easy attacks. Basically, I've been jamming the forward and roll buttons as I load, hoping to come out intact.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Apr 11, 2015

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Did they change the soul memory tiers? Just curious, I was thinking about making more characters for PVP action at higher and lower tiers than just this once.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
What on earth is squiring.

E: do you mean for the mirror knight?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

The Iron Rose posted:

What on earth is squiring.

E: do you mean for the mirror knight?

Well, a squire is someone who serves a knight...

Nuebot posted:

Thanks, is it actually useful or is it just an annoyance?

It doesn't just give you the cool animation; it also gives +5 ADP so you can potentially get a better roll.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

It doesn't just give you the cool animation; it also gives +5 ADP so you can potentially get a better roll.

Still think it'd be way better if it gave you +5 AGL. Maybe then the disadvantage of your iframes being visible would be worth it.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Looks like the grand lance chest in Memory of Orro is now a skeptic's spice and 3 ascetics.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

dis astranagant posted:

Looks like the grand lance chest in Memory of Orro is now a skeptic's spice and 3 ascetics.

Good news for ascetic farming I guess.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Good news for ascetic farming I guess.

IIRC the ascetics were always there, plus it's a metal chest. Plenty of other respawning ascetics in the giant memories, though.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Just got lag stabbed by an NPC invader. :froggonk:

E: Holy poo poo gently caress Fencer Sharron.

Orv fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Apr 11, 2015

Lord Yod
Jul 22, 2009

I got invaded three times today by guys with gear you can't get without making it to the castle, and I wasn't even over 100k sm yet.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Orv posted:

Just got lag stabbed by an NPC invader. :froggonk:

E: Holy poo poo gently caress Fencer Sharron.

Did you have any player phantoms in your world? (Any color) I've gotten lagstabbed by random rear end enemies because I was doing coop while being the host.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Azran posted:

Did you have any player phantoms in your world? (Any color) I've gotten lagstabbed by random rear end enemies because I was doing coop while being the host.

Nope, just got stabbed from the side by the NPC. And seriously gently caress this NPC. Has a trillion HP, is resistant to literally everything, has no ineffective range. Whoever designed this should be shot in the mouth.

E: Oh no my bad, she's only mildly resistant to Strike, effectively punishing me for not using the overpowered stuff.

Orv fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Apr 11, 2015

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Finally got my 6th Forlorn kill and the greatsword. Sadly it has a pretty boring moveset and seems a little weaker than most of the other elemental greatswords.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Apr 11, 2015

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Lord Yod posted:

I got invaded three times today by guys with gear you can't get without making it to the castle, and I wasn't even over 100k sm yet.

You can make it to Drangleic Castle without going too far above 100k, since the ring for stopping you from picking up souls is sold by Straid and the old lady from Forest sells a fragrant branch.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

End game spoilers?

So why is Aldia a giant flaming bundle of sticks? Is he bed of chaos animate? Was the first sin the witch tryng to recreate the first flame and Aldia studied that, so that's why he's the scholar of said first sin? Was that the first sin? Why is there a giant dragon skeleton by Freja? Was the Duke Aldia? Was the Ancient Dragon a simulacrum created by Aldia? What the gently caress. Why would he try to murder me at the end if he wants me to proceed?

What a bunch of confusing poo poo.

o.m. 94
Nov 23, 2009

Just spent some time kicking it in the arena with my unoptimised PvE character, I'm up against dudes armed to the teeth with all manner of buffs and I'm here rocking a 5+ longsword

Get them within 10-20% health and you can always tell they're salty af even after winning because they do the "No way" gesture and throw a lightning bolt at my corpse. Your desperation is showing my friend

Small and Blue
Apr 24, 2008

RolandIsNotOkay posted:

My characters name is bonerfart and that isn't *'d at all.
Don't ask why I called it that, I was just having one of those impulsive moments entirely forgetting that "real people" will have to see it at some point.

Well if it makes you feel better the bleeping only shows up on the other players screen and not yours. The only way to find out if your own name is censored is to check the censored word list which you can find online. In your case both "boner" and "fart" are censored so the name shows up to other people as "*********"

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

o.m. 94 posted:

Just spent some time kicking it in the arena with my unoptimised PvE character, I'm up against dudes armed to the teeth with all manner of buffs and I'm here rocking a 5+ longsword

Get them within 10-20% health and you can always tell they're salty af even after winning because they do the "No way" gesture and throw a lightning bolt at my corpse. Your desperation is showing my friend

You're not alone. I'm still on my first playthrough and I can't even do poo poo in PvP anymore. The last guy that killed me in a belfry was rocking fast rolling with plate, greatshield, greatsword and at least another offhand spear. The one hit I did land didn't even make a dent. Almost as good as that time I got stunlocked by a whip.

I'm a little bummed I miss the release for this game. I feel like I'm so, so far behind in terms of PvP. I don't know poo poo about spells, pyromancy, miracles, not to mention any common builds/weapons or movesets. It was fun getting invaded early on because it was always clearly guys in the same boat as me just loving around with Cracked Red Eye Orbs.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Anyone playing this with a mouse & keyboard set-up? I'd like to try it but I can't afford the game as well as a new controller right now.

o.m. 94
Nov 23, 2009

There will be people that literally post "Ehhh, I got by with a keyboard just fine". Ignore them and save up for a gamepad

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Bother a friend and steal a PS3/PS4/XB/XB1 pad, use that.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Small and Blue posted:

Well if it makes you feel better the bleeping only shows up on the other players screen and not yours. The only way to find out if your own name is censored is to check the censored word list which you can find online. In your case both "boner" and "fart" are censored so the name shows up to other people as "*********"

poo poo, I called my dude Fartorias for nothing :negative:

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Frankston posted:

Anyone playing this with a mouse & keyboard set-up? I'd like to try it but I can't afford the game as well as a new controller right now.
There will be people that literally post "The game is unplayable with kbam. You need a controller". Ignore them and try for yourself if the keyboard & mouse controls work for you.

Note that the default key layout is a rather garbage, so you'll probably need to do some fiddling with them.
Also for some weird reason From made it so you can not just bind something to a mouse-click, but also to a double-click. So every time you click, the game waits to see if you're going for a double-click, resulting in an annoying delay.
There is a "Disable double clicking" option in the menu that solves this, however it's glitched and you'll need to re-enable that option every time you boot the game. Alternatively you can use a simple autohotkey script that binds the mouse buttons to the keyboard attack keys and have that script launch automatically with the game to fix it permanently.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Apr 11, 2015

WizWoz
Feb 22, 2007

I'm the best,
maybe
It looks like it's much easier to get the agape ring at 30000 SM now. You can get a branch in the Bastille, no lockstones are required, the Flexile Sentry is much more forgiving now that there's a shortcut and you don't need to waste 1000 souls on Lenigrast since McDuff is available straight away. I'm tempted to farm up an estoc instead of buying one, what's the best source of straight sword hollows? I've been murdering the one in the ballista room for ages with no luck.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So after PVPing a bunch today I have to say: for the bell covenent magic is definitely the way to go. It's easier, melee is a pain in the rear end. But the ice rapier is fun to use. That's what I've been using today and after a while a lot of the people I'd frequently kill or assisting gang-invasions with would switch over to it too. So I guess I managed to make it look rad. Still haven't gotten my 100 kills yet and it's becoming a nightmare.

EDIT: so in belfry sol when little babies start running around those stupidly large pillars, what should you do? I keep running into idiots that do nothing BUT circle them until lloyd's runs out so they can heal. They usually eat a sword to the face then it all repeats. There's no baiting these idiots out either since they'll just stay on one side and hide until they can heal as well.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Apr 11, 2015

Small and Blue
Apr 24, 2008

Nuebot posted:

EDIT: so in belfry sol when little babies start running around those stupidly large pillars, what should you do? I keep running into idiots that do nothing BUT circle them until lloyd's runs out so they can heal. They usually eat a sword to the face then it all repeats. There's no baiting these idiots out either since they'll just stay on one side and hide until they can heal as well.

Don't use an ice rapier.

Seriously though, you basically need to be able to land hits on them as they backpedal and hope they will eventually mess up a dodge. And you need to be able to stay close to them to prevent them from healing, keep attacking them to keep them on the defensive and make sure you don't run out of stamina while doing all that. It's not easy.

Or then you can just be as much of a dick as they are being and run off to hide behind enemies or wait for more invaders to show up.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I think I'll be the annoying dick option from now on. I just fought a guy who summoned a bunch of phantoms, then hid in a corner while holding his havels shield up. Literally, a corner. The tiny one where you summon the drifter NPC. I will wait for multiple phantoms and just be as much an annoyance as they are.

Also if you got more interesting suggestions for weapons I'm all ears. The ice rapier looks neat, and I care about that a lot.

Small and Blue
Apr 24, 2008
The ice rapier is really good, I just think it might have some problems hitting people who backpedal away from you diagonally. But for other weapons most straight swords like the longsword are pretty much as good as the ice rapier except with more varied and interesting movesets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I have my channeler lance and an avelyn equipped as my other weapons. Also, 30 kills now, the last 70 will be a while.