Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Now I want to see the horn get stuck to other people's heads and turn them into horrible jerks. Especially Karen. It'll be like that arrow chapter all over again. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Lots of chapters like to pick one joke and run it into the ground for the duration, which usually works pretty well, but I think I will agree that this one it didn't quite connect and/or felt a little forced after a while. Some great individual moments/panels though of course.

cyrus_zane
Mar 28, 2014
What happened to the principal??!?!?! Seriously though great chapter. Love what they all seem to think normal is. Cool Beauty (LOL)

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
The best part of the chapter was Shiragami wearing the snorkel/goggles the whole time.

Fightest
Nov 4, 2009

Great Sage
Equal of Heaven

Nate RFB posted:

Lots of chapters like to pick one joke and run it into the ground for the duration, which usually works pretty well, but I think I will agree that this one it didn't quite connect and/or felt a little forced after a while. Some great individual moments/panels though of course.

There are a few chapters like this every so often, where the writer sometimes forgets that his characters are wacky enough and can carry a story by themselves without having to force in weird poo poo. Everyone has an off-day, though.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

hosed up

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
A bit better than what we saw earlier, perhaps. Need to see the faces.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I want to reserve judgment until I see the actual show, but man, those really just look like they came from a generic harem show to me.

Edit: Like someone heard "harem show with a vampire love interest" and just adapted based on that sentence

DoubleDonut fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Apr 9, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I want this to be an elaborate troll, like how all the promotional material for Madoka tried to make it look like a standard magical girl show. Then the mask comes off to reveal the faces.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

DoubleDonut posted:

Edit: Like someone heard "harem show with a vampire love interest" and just adapted based on that sentence
And we already know how Rosario+Vampire turned out.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I want this to be an elaborate troll, like how all the promotional material for Madoka tried to make it look like a standard magical girl show. Then the mask comes off to reveal the faces.

Nearly one whole episode of soft focus with long pans with the off model all the way up until the point of seeing the wings. Since they've got a class rep, they could even use it as an additional visual gag for flashbacks before the secrets got found out.

Now we shall be even more disappointed when they don't do this.

Ataru13
Jul 28, 2005

...Packing Space-Age Shit!

pointlessone posted:

Nearly one whole episode of soft focus with long pans with the off model all the way up until the point of seeing the wings. Since they've got a class rep, they could even use it as an additional visual gag for flashbacks before the secrets got found out.

Now we shall be even more disappointed when they don't do this.

I hate you.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Who wished for an anime?

Wish granted.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Zeruel posted:

Who wished for an anime?

Wish granted.

:stare: It all makes sense.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Quick, someone break a horn off!

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

CommissarMega posted:

Quick, someone break a horn off!

Too risky. Candy bribery is the safer bet.

We can just take it out of the animators' food budgets.

Classy Hydra
Oct 30, 2011

You did wrong, Jack,
rest your soul.

AfroSquirrel posted:

We can just take it out of the animators' food budgets.

If Shirobako taught me anything, it's that having food and treats on hand is absolutely essential to making an anime work.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Classy Hydra posted:

If Shirobako taught me anything, it's that having food and treats on hand is absolutely essential to making an anime work.

That's how any industry works.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

chumbler posted:

Can confirm; my office is literally powered by coffee and kit kats.

Repster
Nov 29, 2014

chumbler posted:

Yup. Well fed and hydrated employees are productive employees.

Ataru13
Jul 28, 2005

...Packing Space-Age Shit!
New chapter http://bato.to/read/_/315402/jitsu-wa-watashi-wa_v9_ch76_by_futari-wa-pretty-anon

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
The struggle of a girl and her fishing bait

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Allarion posted:

The struggle of a girl and her fishing bait

The touching reunion between a girl and her bigass hamburger

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
The two of them really do get along, do they?

Love the picture of class rep and her bait on the mountain.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

this

is NOT the face of a COOL BEAUTY

Sir PigglyWiggly
Jan 12, 2013

I got lost in the woods.
Now I'm a tree!
Oh dear god, Youko was over cooked :stonk:

She could also only catch a boot on the fishing boat :allears:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Is it just me, or is (spoiling for safety) Shimada staring at Shiho's boobs on the second-last page?

And man, maybe it makes me a bad guy, but I love the competition here :allears:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

CommissarMega posted:

Is it just me, or is (spoiling for safety) Shimada staring at Shiho's boobs on the second-last page?

That's Shima, yes. He's kind of terrible.

Also the ghost of Oka is still haunting his classmates. It's so tragic.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Every Yoko face is golden.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

It was just linked in the 'Convince to read' thread, but Shion of the Dead reminds me of this series once it gets going. The first volume is heavy on fanservice, but once the first arc happens it starts to become a world of idiots in love plus one ambitious capitalist.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

CommissarMega posted:

And man, maybe it makes me a bad guy, but I love the competition here :allears:

Best part "Is it really that exciting?" The bits in the background really sew this chapter together.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Youko's having soo much fun, it's just endearing and lovely to watch! This is the best school trip ever!

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

DrSunshine posted:

Youko's having soo much fun, it's just endearing and lovely to watch! This is the best school trip ever!

Uwow~!

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
The voice actors have been announced.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Uhhh, Akane? Did... Akari do something to you...?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i don't know any of those names but I don't know many seiyuu names so don't read much into that

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
God, I really really dislike the character designs they went with! They bishoujou-ified all the characters so that they look like a crappy knockoff version of the originals, rather than the unique, slightly kooky designs in the original manga. It's just similar enough, yet different enough to be uncanny, so it's really frustrating!! I don't think I'll be following the anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm going to hope that they do a sorta fake out thing and reveal something similar to the current art style, or that they evolve it sorta like how the author evolved the manga's art style.

Gonna at least give it a few episodes and hope for the best. Then whine and cry when they keep that lovely art.

• Locked thread