Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

LIFEHACK - Chew Tobacco instead of smoking, all you have to do is brush your teeth 10 times a day and nothing bad will happen to you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Cat Hatter posted:

Could you explain to a non-smoker what is wrong with using a match?

I'm not sure about weed or cigs, but for pipe tobacco you want as low heat flame as you can get. That burns less of the tobacco while trying to light the pipe, which makes the flavor slightly better. And pipe tobacco is just about having a good flavor. You not even supposed to inhale. I just use a normal match though because :effort:

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
It's a wonder how tobacco products ever caught on, when it took until the late 20th century for people to start sperging out over how to light the poo poo.

"I kept a pipe bowl going for 93 minutes! This was a worthy lifelong pursuit!"

I'm kinda glad the poo poo gives people cancer.

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat

joxxuh
May 20, 2011

Hirayuki posted:

Same in Japan and New Zealand. I guess they don't call it American Express for nothing! For a while there even Mastercard wasn't reliably accepted abroad, but that's changing.

When does it stop being a lifehack and start being a recipe (toothpaste mints excluded)?

I still can't get over this guy using five dishes to cook ramen loving noodles.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

joxxuh posted:

I still can't get over this guy using five dishes to cook ramen loving noodles.

The original directions used two frying pans? Have they never heard of a spatula? :psyduck:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Correct way is eat with fists, from stove to mouth, like man.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Cat Hatter posted:

Real matches stink. You should light one in the toilet after a stinky poo poo to cover the smell, or after a fart. That's how powerful the smell of a match is.
Doesn't matter with a cig as they are foul tasting anyway and only takes a second to light, so a zippo or match is fine for them.
But for a cone or a cigar you want the cleaner burning butane, or something else. (some cigars come wrapped in cedar and you can light the cedar and use that to light the cigar)
The taste of matches with a cigar or pot is like getting diesel on your hands at the gas/petrol station, it kind of ruins your day and you'll smell it for ages.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
Doesn't all the non-wood stuff burn off in about a second though? Not that I will argue against increased Zippo usage.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
You could always light your cigar on fire with your firey convictions.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Fo3 posted:

Real matches stink. You should light one in the toilet after a stinky poo poo to cover the smell, or after a fart. That's how powerful the smell of a match is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzqI3gT-gPM

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

:tastykake:||||||||||:tastykake:

Cat Hatter posted:

Others have said it, but gas lighters and matches give a harsh flavor when lighting anything up.

Though to people needing to carry it around and such well...you'll look like a douche trying to light up in public, and have fun dealing with the wind. I'll just stick with my zippo.

also hipsters.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Wayback when all the cool kids used zippos and taught one another finger snapping techniques to light the lighter in one fluid motion, everyone's fingers just stank of lighter fluid, gasoline or whateverthehell they put in those things, so I have a hard time imagining anything stinking less than a zippo. Of course it may have been everyone's dirtbike that made the smelly, or the everyone, getting dirtbike parts and dirtbike fluid all over themselves at any given opportunity, god drat inbreds.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Kansas schools are getting into the life-hacking game.

quote:

The school nurse, who comes in only twice a week, freezes kitchen sponges to use as ice packs because her budget is too small for her to buy any.

Back at Noble Prentis Elementary in Kansas City, space is so tight that gym class takes place in the cafeteria, which is also used for lunch and music class — sometimes at the same time.

pack it yo
Aug 6, 2007
More extremely useful & completely safe :420: lifehacks found here, the first Google result for "weed lifehacks":

quote:

• Putting a CD over your glass bowl will help to prevent you from spilling any weed! The center of the CD is small enough to keep the weed in but at the same time, keeps it from spilling out.
  • Have a clogged bowl? Pipe cleaners actually do work! They are perfect for sticking through your glass and scraping out the nasty resin on the inside. The best part? They’re super cheap and disposable so once they’re covered in grime, you can just toss them in the trash can!
  • If you don’t have a grinder around, you can use this simple method! Take a penny and clean it well, preferably with rubbing alcohol. Put the penny and your weed in a small pill bottle or jar and shake it vigorously.
  • Finding a good playlist online will help to keep your high level and enjoyable. If you’re not watching TV, music is the next best thing. Sometimes even better, rather than you wasting brain cells on the television. Slacker Radio is a great place to listen to music!

Not enough hand-eye coordination to put the thing in the thing? Use a CD you loving slob! Need to clean the thing? Use the thing made specifically to clean the thing! #LifeHack Use a chemical-soaked penny to break up your weed into uneven chunks that will surely burn cleanly & evenly! Walla! And my personal favorite, really groundbreaking stuff here: listen to music while high!!1 #weedhacks

Second Comment on the Article posted:

A pipe cleaner...to clean a pipe...brilliant!!

:thumbsup:

pack it yo has a new favorite as of 16:37 on Apr 6, 2015

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

My elementary school used to do the frozen sponge thing all the time, we also put them in ziplock bags but still, if a kid needed an ice pack for whatever reason that was their go-to.

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

Karate Bastard posted:

Wayback when all the cool kids used zippos and taught one another finger snapping techniques to light the lighter in one fluid motion, everyone's fingers just stank of lighter fluid, gasoline or whateverthehell they put in those things, so I have a hard time imagining anything stinking less than a zippo. Of course it may have been everyone's dirtbike that made the smelly, or the everyone, getting dirtbike parts and dirtbike fluid all over themselves at any given opportunity, god drat inbreds.

When I first started smoking pot I thought "oh hell yeah I get to use my awesome zippo to light up this bong bro!" That was so goddamn dumb, and so are zippos. gently caress you zippo you made me puke on my lovely bong and you broke my heart

Radio Help has a new favorite as of 11:20 on Apr 6, 2015

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

Radio Help posted:

When I first started smoking pot I thought "oh hell yeah I get to use my awesome zippo to light up this bong bro!" That was so goddamn dumb, and so are zippos. gently caress you zippo you made me puke on my lovely bong and you broke my heart

That's why stoners carry millions of Bics and not zippos.

:420: Lifehack: Want to know if someone smokes weed? Sneak a peek at the bottom of their Bic!

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
Unless you're a hermit, the bic was probably stolen anyway.
gently caress bic thieves, they're everywhere. "Can I borrow a light?" at a party means never seeing that bic again as McSwifty pockets it, turns around and disappears like magic, ( or passes it on, and they pass it on and so on.)

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

Fo3 posted:

gently caress bic thieves, they're everywhere. "Can I borrow a light?" at a party means never seeing that bic again as McSwifty pockets it, turns around and disappears like magic, ( or passes it on, and they pass it on and so on.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmL72sgVdAQ

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Back at Noble Prentis Elementary in Kansas City, space is so tight that gym class takes place in the cafeteria, which is also used for lunch and music class — sometimes at the same time.

Ah, the old cafegymatorium. I don't know about everywhere else, but in the Midwest, just about every poor-rear end public school has a similar setup. Less about a lack of space than it is about a lack of money, though.

Time for P.E.? Fold up the cafeteria tables and shove them along a wall. Walla, instant gym!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Ah, the old cafegymatorium. I don't know about everywhere else, but in the Midwest, just about every poor-rear end public school has a similar setup. Less about a lack of space than it is about a lack of money, though.

Time for P.E.? Fold up the cafeteria tables and shove them along a wall. Walla, instant gym!

We at least had a gym and cafeteria but the gym was for gym stuff only. Homecoming dance? You bet your rear end it was in the cafeteria.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Yeah poor babies, this is pretty much how every school in America does things. "Multipurpose room" and cheap disposable first aid supplies because little kids lose them all the time.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
I read that not as "multipurpose room used for different things at different times" but rather "multipurpose room with gym class, music class and lunch service all happening at the same time."

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Who doesn't like dinner and a show?

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
You assholes are smoking cigars. Light that with a $100 for fucks sake.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Sentient Data posted:

Who doesn't like dinner and a show?

Yea, I was thinking this too about the music during lunch until I realized it would be elementary school band. That's like hell's cafeteria.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

DemeaninDemon posted:

You assholes are smoking cigars. Light that with a $100 for fucks sake.

And taint it with coke? Are you mad man?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Send your staff to the bank to get fresh issues, good lord what is wrong with you.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
Our bills are a plastic/polymer :(
It's one of the downsides of living in the land of the free to buy a cuban cigar at the local corner store.

Fo3 has a new favorite as of 06:21 on Apr 7, 2015

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Radio Help posted:

I don't smoke weed or tobacco. Can you explain why the zippo was bad for weed?

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Non Serviam posted:

I don't smoke weed or tobacco. Can you explain why the zippo was bad for weed?

Liquid lighter fluid tastes like buttholes.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

14 Foods You've Been Cutting the Wrong Way Your Entire Life

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

I already do the non-insane of these (kiwi, avocado, carrot).

I like how the watermelon "hack" is cutting it and the cake one involves getting frosting all over your goddamned hands

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Why use a knife in a mandarin? They're meant to be easy to peel!

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Do people really use a spoon on avocados? It super easy to get all the meat and the seed out with the same knife you cut it in half with.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
knife_through_avacado_and_hand.tiff

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Recently I've just taken to giving the avocados a good squeeze. If they're properly ripe the meat mostly slides right out.

e: after cutting them in half

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Do people usually use their teeth for bananas? Other than the obvious part of course.