Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Aw, team Prolly :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
LCS game fives are always decided by who tilts. You never see a close game 5. This game is just H2K making about two mistakes per minute.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Can't fight destiny. Just like CLG couldn't beat Gambit at IEM because CLG must never win so too can H2K not win because Fnatic must make it to the finals.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Libertine posted:

LCS game fives are always decided by who tilts. You never see a close game 5. This game is just H2K making about two mistakes per minute.

Kasings player cam when he was 1v1ing Thresh was funny, because he started scratching his head and smiling like he just realized what the gently caress he was doing.

"Oh right htis is game 5 of the eu lcs semis not soloqueue"

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
At least Ryu got the top outer :v:

Bankerfox
Oct 11, 2012
Was H2K's bot lane always this garbage? Their ADC hasn't done anything these last two games.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
ryu takes a tier 1 top while fnatic takes an inhib.....well played..............

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Bankerfox posted:

Was H2K's bot lane always this garbage? Their ADC hasn't done anything these last two games.

he was pretty good on sivir but since it's got banned the last 2 games he seems kinda useless

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
HOLO HOLO HOLO HOLO HOLO HOLO

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

He was wining lane when the laning phase ended... at least in CS.

Liked the attempted 2v1 on Huni that just got turned around.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Fnatic are so happy to have won that :3:

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Confirmation that Rekkles did indeed make a huge mistake

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

H2K vs FNC has been a heart breaking series because I want both teams to advance. Will be fun to see them in the finals. Hope H2K can score 3rd over UOL for those sweet, sweet championship points.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Jerkface posted:

H2K vs FNC has been a heart breaking series because I want both teams to advance. Will be fun to see them in the finals. Hope H2K can score 3rd over UOL for those sweet, sweet championship points.

Making it to the final game of the semis in their first split is huge. I think H2K could a big force in the summer split.

edit: :3:

Savage Cracker fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Apr 11, 2015

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Jerkface posted:

UOL will not lose a five-game series to EU/NA competition

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Fnatic will actually be better off against SK over UoL if the split proves out anything.

UoL beat Fnatic 2-0 during regular season and 1-1 against Sk.

Fnatics inexperience shows when they're talking on the desk. "We had no idea what to do on a lane swap... we've never dealt with that before" Febiven

Fnatic is going to be scary internationally once they get more experience. Same with H2k

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
I am addicted to video games.
I feel like nRated and Yellowstar are like the most successful players in the history of EU LCS. Every year whatever team they're on, whatever role they serve, they're always bringing teams to the finals against each other (or they likely will be unless UoL pulls a massive upset) or going to Worlds.

I sometimes wonder what would have been if fnatic didn't drop nRated for Psuzu/Rekkles in 2013.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Omnikin posted:

UOL will not lose a five-game series to EU/NA competition

evidence to support this is?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

SC Bracer posted:

Hopes and dreams since C9 has already beaten UOL handily in a Bo5.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

SC Bracer posted:

Best I can guess is that UoL have shown themselves to be FANTASTIC at adapting and yanking out cheese and pocket picks. I feel like you'd need five distinct strategies against them and you need to be weary of pocket picks that'll show up out of nowhere to crush you.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Hypocrisy posted:

Hopes and dreams since C9 has already beaten UOL handily in a Bo5.

I thought that was a Bo3

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Xpecial just pretend you're playing against CLG

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I like that they are leading with Liquid as some kind of underdog narrative, when they are one of the most well-financed powerhouse organizations in the LCS that has catastrophically underperformed this entire year.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Calax posted:

Best I can guess is that UoL have shown themselves to be FANTASTIC at adapting and yanking out cheese and pocket picks. I feel like you'd need five distinct strategies against them and you need to be weary of pocket picks that'll show up out of nowhere to crush you.

Basically this and a smattering of pure unwavering hope

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

I thought that was a Bo3

Nope, Bo5. 3-0, C9. Beat the notorious Poppy top lane too.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

C9 is 18-1 all time vs TL/Curse. Holy gently caress :eyepop:

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Killed By Death posted:

They've been hitting that for almost the entire week leading up to this. They spent a few minutes on it during PTL

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Killed By Death posted:

C9 has a record like that against every NA team. They're something like 17-3 against TSM. Slumping or not, they've got history and have been stomping NA for a long time.

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
I am addicted to video games.

Libertine posted:

I like that they are leading with Liquid as some kind of underdog narrative, when they are one of the most well-financed powerhouse organizations in the LCS that has catastrophically underperformed this entire year.
They're still underdogs, don't you think? Despite their finances, favorites and underdogs are based on performance, and I think most people agree C9 has been in form and traditionally perform well in playoffs.

also I feel like "catastrophic" underperformance is a bit strong, they're on pace to meet the same level of accomplishment that team has reached in the past. But yeah, piglet not working out has been pretty surprising I guess.

edit: I mean, I didn't really see if they're painting a "scrappy underdog going against the world" narrative or just "yeah C9 stomps everyone." They certainly aren't scrappy underdogs, they're just not as good as C9.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

I feel it's a bit cruel to have Zion on the desk for this round. Having him analyze the match... while video of his team getting demolished plays.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Calax posted:

Fnatic will actually be better off against SK over UoL if the split proves out anything.

UoL beat Fnatic 2-0 during regular season and 1-1 against Sk.

Fnatics inexperience shows when they're talking on the desk. "We had no idea what to do on a lane swap... we've never dealt with that before" Febiven

Fnatic is going to be scary internationally once they get more experience. Same with H2k

Did you watch the games or even watch the interview? He said "we had no idea what to do in this swap because I've never played it before"... when he swapped to bottom lane as chogath and let kalista mid. Most people don't practice that, I think.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Wow i hate C9s draft. i hope they play it well

Hec
Gragas
Corki
Draven
Morg

vs

Sion
Sejuani
Lissandra
Piglet
Janna

I feel like TL just needs to get to 30 minutes & they just win automatically

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Sneaky's Draven with Hai's corki.

This is going to be interesting.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I have faith in you team liquid. Become what you were born to be

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
I don't like C9's draft one bit but DRAAAAAAVEN

Come on guys, go get 'em.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
I'd have preferred a Sivir for TL to ensure more reliable engage but I understand they didn't want to risk running into a 2v2.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

yes please keep the camera on Piglet/Xpecial vs Sneaky/Lemon. Piglet & co just poo poo on them 2v2.

Which is exhibit A of why C9 almost always lane swaps

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Apr 11, 2015

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Haha twitch chat erupting with Xmithie chants

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Did C9 lane swap & TL just matched them? Or vice versa?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Jerkface posted:

Did C9 lane swap & TL just matched them? Or vice versa?

C9 swapped and TL guessed right I think.

• Locked thread