Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Concerned Citizen posted:

"defeat the washington machine" is a really great slogan for an openly unhinged candidate

It's also funny because he is the only* candidate in the race whose political experience is totally confined to Washington.

* eta: I double checked and Rick Santorum also hasn't held office outside of Washington, so Rand's not the only one, but close. Also, who cares about Rick Santorum?

Joementum fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Apr 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I want one of the Harlem Globetrotters to run and use "Defeat the Washington Generals" as their slogan.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The scariest part of that scary Jindal exorcism story is that part where he casually mentions that his ex called him a sociopath and he was beginning to think he had no feelings until a demon challenged him to love.

I have a friend who supports Jindal and whenever I bring up that exorcism she says "it was just college." Like that's what happens in college. You binge drink, you date rape a few girls, and you perform an exorcism. I did college all wrong.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Yeah, it just reads like a insane person's livejournal entry.

He's more than once casually dropped that there are demons in the world in more than one press conference.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!
Defeat the Washing Machine
Purestrain Rand gets clothes clean

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

"defeat the washington machine" is a really great slogan for an openly unhinged candidate

Defeat The Clinton Machine Bill & Hillary

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

Defeat the Washing Machine
Purestrain Rand gets clothes clean

Well, we already know how Rand feels about ensuring that the whites are separate from the rest.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
I'm more surprised that many Louisianans could actually read the poll questions.

eternalname
Nov 25, 2014

I have a strange feeling...that people are having sex...and it's not with me
Does anyone have the poll for whether Katrina was bush or Obama's fault

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
9/11 was Obama's fault. Vote Rand 2016.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

eternalname posted:

Does anyone have the poll for whether Katrina was bush or Obama's fault

Here you go: 29% of Louisiana Republicans blame Obama for the Feds' response to Katrina, more than the 28% that blamed Bush.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Defeat the Washington Machine is a great slogan for a Bioshock Infinite DLC

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Defeat the Washington machine is a great slogan for pretty much everything that isn't Rand Paul.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Destroy the Parental Machine
Achieve the Patricidal Dream

Caros
May 14, 2008

Defeat the Washington machine. Pay no attention to the gigantic Washington machine behind me which I am using to bolster my foreign policy bona fides.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

I'm more surprised that many Louisianans could actually read the poll questions.

Pretty sure it was read to them out loud.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I'm the old white guy wearing a short sleeve shirt and khakis with my arms crossed at a Rand Paul rally.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Joementum posted:

I'm the old white guy wearing a short sleeve shirt and khakis with my arms crossed at a Rand Paul rally.

It's like the opposite of Where's Waldo.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

radical meme posted:

It's like the opposite of Where's Waldo.

This was the easiest Where's Waldo ever. The only different one is the guy in the maroon shirt trying to get the gently caress out of there.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Hmm, if this memo leak is accurate, it seems like Hillary Clinton might be running for President.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Ugh I wish there was anyone else but Hillary was running , because if anything her running is going to energize the rights base even more, she's about as charismatic as a board.

Just Ugh.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
Every time I hear or see that Defeat the Washington Machine slogan I get that godawful Otep song stuck in my head. SMASH THE CONTROL MACHINE. Now that I think about it, there's an excellent chance this is in both Rand Paul's and Paul Ryan's ipodZune.

https://youtu.be/Rt_7jaX8CsY

Warning: nu-metal really stickin' it to the man

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

That is pathetic

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Republicans probably going to bring up Janet Reno again. A lot.

badatom
Dec 10, 2011

Joementum posted:

Well, we already know how Rand feels about ensuring that the whites are separate from the rest.

:drat:

Even from a graphic designer's point of view, it's terrible. About on par with Huntsman Hotels and Romney Aquafresh.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Yeah , well it's apparently more acceptable to be openly misogynistic than racists now so we can enjoy that for the next 2 years. Ugh.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Hollismason posted:

Yeah , well it's apparently more acceptable to be openly misogynistic than racists now so we can enjoy that for the next 2 years. Ugh.

I don't know, judging from this thread we can also expect a whole lot of racism if Jindal runs.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Hollismason posted:

I suspect it'll run for at least six, possibly even ten.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

I don't know, judging from this thread we can also expect a whole lot of racism if Jindal runs.

I would hope the vitriol would be devoted to the fact that Jindal was burning Louisiana to the ground while it simultaneously sinks beneath the waves, but racism is easier I suppose.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Pinterest Mom posted:

Making fun of someone for having a portrait done that looks nothing like them is racist?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

MaxxBot posted:

Making fun of someone for having a portrait done that looks nothing like them is racist?

Calling them Piyush when they explicitly identify as something else is.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I was just pointing out that Louisiana voters are horribly racists and dumb. I'm actually from Louisiana , New Orleans area specifically and unless you've grown up surrounded by that culture of racism it's hard to explain to people just how it permeates all of the state.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I really want to deface one of Rand's bumper magnets into "DEFEAT THE WASHING MACHINE" and slap it on my washer, but I also don't want to give Rand Paul any money.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Chamale posted:

I really want to deface one of Rand's bumper magnets into "DEFEAT THE WASHING MACHINE" and slap it on my washer, but I also don't want to give Rand Paul any money.

its okay you're basically giving him pennies compared to what the superpacs will be working with

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

its okay you're basically giving him pennies compared to what the superpacs will be working with

Maybe I'm wrong, but I find it hard to believe a Rand Paul superpac is going to be generating a whole lot of money.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Meanwhile, in New Hampshire...

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Joementum posted:

Meanwhile, in New Hampshire...

That goat looks so sad.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Maybe I'm wrong, but I find it hard to believe a Rand Paul superpac is going to be generating a whole lot of money.

Ron Paul easily took in millions in donations, which was hilarious when you knew he had no chance of ever getting the nomination. There are people who will get behind Rand as much as they supported Ron, then be disappointed again when they realize Rand got all of their money and never had a chance. Four years later, repeat.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Ron Paul easily took in millions in donations, which was hilarious when you knew he had no chance of ever getting the nomination. There are people who will get behind Rand as much as they supported Ron, then be disappointed again when they realize Rand got all of their money and never had a chance. Four years later, repeat.

Yeah, but most of Ron Paul's donations were small dollar. SuperPACs are meant to generate money from big donors over the limits. I can't see Rand getting a lot of wealthy, institutional support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Yeah, but most of Ron Paul's donations were small dollar. SuperPACs are meant to generate money from big donors over the limits. I can't see Rand getting a lot of wealthy, institutional support.

Millions in small dollars though. I'm not saying Rand Paul's going to have a war chest of $50 million, but people are going to give him money.

• Locked thread