Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
To be totally fair it was the Huntress arc...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rocksicles posted:

To be totally fair it was the Huntress arc...

She didn't act his part.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Everybody sucked in that arc... it was a talent blackhole.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Deadpool posted:

No, he wasn't that great the last time he was on the show.

How about Enver Gjokaj instead?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Azhais posted:

That was the guy on Agent Carter right? He was fine.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Azhais posted:

Enver Gjokaj isn't a good actor. He barely reached the incredibly low bar of having the best performance on Dollhouse.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Apparently the spin-off is just going to be called The Atom.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

That's...cool I guess

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rocksicles posted:

Everybody sucked in that arc... it was a talent blackhole.

I liked Helena. If they wouldn't have been idiots and made her a full-on villain instead of a brutal vigilante then she could've gone places. :smith:

Put her on the goddamn Suicide Squad already to let her work off her sentence, christ

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sara should have been the Huntress.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It would be pretty cool if Atom shrunk down in the finale and everyone assumed he had died, and then he turns up at the start of next season when they are setting up the spin off

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Valeyard posted:

It would be pretty cool if Atom shrunk down in the finale and everyone assumed he had died, and then he turns up at the start of next season when they are setting up the spin off

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but man, why did they turn the Ray Palmer into Tony Stark. I guess they wanted a Ted Kord deal, but I'm definitely not feeling that at all.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Aphrodite posted:

Lame. He's my least favorite character right now, I was hoping for a rotating cast or something.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Chokes McGee posted:

I liked Helena. If they wouldn't have been idiots and made her a full-on villain instead of a brutal vigilante then she could've gone places. :smith:

Put her on the goddamn Suicide Squad already to let her work off her sentence, christ

For what it's worth, the last episode with her positioned her character for some serious development. They might not capitalize on it, but she's positioned for it.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Apparently a title for the Spin Off will be announced soon, but they are saying it's not The Atom.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It's gonna have "Justice" in it, I can feel it

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

The Question IRL posted:

Apparently a title for the Spin Off will be announced soon, but they are saying it's not The Atom.

Makes sense given everything they have said about it so far emphasizes that it is an ensemble show.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Crossposting from the BSSTV thread:

Scyantific posted:

According to this, it seems that Caity Lotz will be White Canary.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Scyantific posted:

Crossposting from the BSSTV thread

White Canary

RACIST.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Huh, the character's supposed to be a villain in the comics. Wonder how that's going to work.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Krad posted:

Huh, the character's supposed to be a villain in the comics. Wonder how that's going to work.

A case of the Lazarus Pit crazies.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Krad posted:

... "The darkness inside of me!"

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Krad posted:

The first White Lantern confirmed?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Scyantific posted:

Crossposting from the BSSTV thread:

YES!!!!!!!!! 100% onboard!

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

OB_Juan posted:

... "The darkness inside of me!"

Diggle - WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Guys, websites keep posting news about some dumb Suicide Squad movie and giving it lots of attention like there isn't already a Suicide Squad and a Deadshot and a The Flash and it's making me SO MAD!

Pay attention to the better thing we already have, nerds!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Rocksicles posted:

i mentioned it in the AoS thread.

Tahmoh Penikett as Sportsmaster season 4. Discuss...

and yes i don't care he was in 1 episodes prior.

keep the Spartacus train rollin'

gladiatoring was a sport right

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Habibi posted:

Diggle - WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

Valeyard posted:

Black Driver rides again

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

VagueRant posted:

Guys, websites keep posting news about some dumb Suicide Squad movie and giving it lots of attention like there isn't already a Suicide Squad and a Deadshot and a The Flash and it's making me SO MAD!

Pay attention to the better thing we already have, nerds!

Eh, Arrow's Suicide Squad is pretty lame tbh.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Hey, Deadshot was fun! And it has Diggle! Admittedly the current squad line up (Uhh...Cupid?) is not looking so good.

But still, we got a live action Deadshot and Bronze Tiger and an Amanda Waller and people keep talking about the pre-pre-pre-production movie casting like it's never been done before.

Plus I have very little faith in the DC movies people doing it any better than Arrow.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The second Squad episode was way better than the first one.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Guys I'm not sure how I'm going to go back to Arrow after seeing Daredevil. :stare:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

WarLocke posted:

Guys I'm not sure how I'm going to go back to Arrow after seeing Daredevil. :stare:

yeah i know right?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

WarLocke posted:

They're both great shows that are trying to do different things. Arrow is high melodrama mixed with comic goofiness with a gritty filter on top. Daredevil is what happens when Hannibal and The Wire had a baby with The Dark Knight as the godfather.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

WarLocke posted:

I only watched the pilot so far, but found the story less interesting and that it felt smaller in scope and budget than Arrow's pilot.

On the other hand, the fight scenes get to be more brutal and bloody, and the dialogue is smarter - purely by them giving the audience a lot more credit. (Arrow writers would have had a voiceover outright saying "I could hear her heartbeat increasing and I knew she was lying" instead of just letting the viewer infer that from the scene, for example.)

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

WarLocke posted:

Same, although maybe it will rub off on them.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Yeah, Daredevil takes a steaming poop on Arrow in pretty much every aspect so far, I'm 5 episodes in.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Deakul posted:

Yeah, Daredevil takes a steaming poop on Arrow in pretty much every aspect so far, I'm 5 episodes in.

This will now come up forever but it's a really silly comparison to make. The fact that one is meant
to go on CW and the other on Netflix changes both show from the ground up. Hell, Arrow itself
would be different if it could go 50-60 minutes per episodes like Daredevil does.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Yannick_B posted:

This will now come up forever but it's a really silly comparison to make. The fact that one is meant
to go on CW and the other on Netflix changes both show from the ground up. Hell, Arrow itself
would be different if it could go 50-60 minutes per episodes like Daredevil does.

Fairly sure Arrows budget is so small in comparison to Daredevils (which is also ten episodes shorter but say eight because each runs a little longer) that it would be like comparing the moon and the sun.

Daredevil is really loving good though, like I can't imagine how they could have made it better (besides making a spin off "keeping it real with Stick")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

MrFlibble posted:

Fairly sure Arrows budget is so small in comparison to Daredevils (which is also ten episodes shorter but say eight because each runs a little longer) that it would be like comparing the moon and the sun.

Daredevil is really loving good though, like I can't imagine how they could have made it better (besides making a spin off "keeping it real with Stick")

It may not be fair, but I kind of don't care? You mention comparing the moon and the sun. If I want to sit outside and easily read a book, then it may not be fair to expect that much light from the moon, but it doesn't matter if it's fair. That's how much light I need to enjoy myself. Similarly, I want a show that's really entertaining. I'm not gonna sit and watch a low quality show and be happy just 'cause "hey, that's all the better they can do".

• Locked thread