Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

Enjoy posted:

Paid Ten Ducats For A Forum Account (Yearly Legitimacy +1)

TEN DUCATS? I can buy a thousand men for that price!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Groogy posted:

For lifetime access it's fairly cheap, you see. It basically sells itself.

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

Orange Devil posted:

You get to shuffle around armies on a map as much as you like but it won't change anything!

Hitler Bunker Simulator

You joke, but this is a legit good idea for a game (or at least the end of a game).

I bet the Papers, Please guy could pull it off.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Dating Sim where you can pursue romances with all the major female historical figures of Renaissance-era Europe. DLC adds male historical figures.

EDIT:

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Apr 9, 2015

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

DrSunshine posted:

Dating Sim where you can pursue romances with all the major female historical figures of Renaissance-era Europe. DLC adds male historical figures.

EDIT:

Centurion: Defender of Rome beat you to that.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Drone posted:

Comet sighted. Pre-order cancelled.

I wish we lived in more enlightened times...

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~

Groogy posted:

They has a point! (goon loses 10 prestige)

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012

Tomn posted:

Centurion: Defender of Rome beat you to that.

That game and that "easter egg", how me and friends kept trying to get "Cleopatra". I'd so buy a remake (if they keep Cleopatra in)

podcat
Jun 21, 2012

Hi m8s. New HOI4 diary is up: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hearts-of-iron-iv-dd-14-on-the-high-seas.850123/

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I didn't read it but PRE-ORDER CANCELLED

podcat
Jun 21, 2012

V for Vegas posted:

I didn't read it but PRE-ORDER CANCELLED

Really, I'v cancelled my pre-order of your mom. Now how do you feel!?!

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

podcat posted:

Really, I'v cancelled my pre-order of your mom. Now how do you feel!?!

Just for this I re-preordered

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

I need to know what wild sorcery Wiz threw at Johan to put all this cool new poo poo in EUIV. Was blackmail involved?

EDIT: Also battleships are cooler than carriers prove me wrong.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

hehe, pre-orders, give them a good tumble FTW xD

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Autonomous Monster posted:

I need to know what wild sorcery Wiz threw at Johan to put all this cool new poo poo in EUIV. Was blackmail involved?

EDIT: Also battleships are cooler than carriers prove me wrong.

Carriers are basically battleships except the bullets they fire can drop bombs, and can be used over and over again.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Jeoh posted:

lmao goonsire! you definitely win the thread :monocle:

The Corporate
Jul 7, 2009

BBJoey posted:

lmao goonsire! you definitely win the thread :monocle:

haha excellent banter, what larks

"PREORDER CANCELLED" :D

paradox please let me build the kyodaina fune 'Yamamoto' class super battleship, so that I can recreate the tsuyoi insho-teki efforts of my spiritual homeland and people - the Japanese.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Was disappointed to find out that my ship sprites don't do push-ups when idling.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Drone posted:

Was disappointed to find out that my ship sprites don't do push-ups when idling.

If you zoom in far enough, you can see the crew doing push-ups.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Rincewind posted:

But only if you have the "Crews of the Pacific/Atlantic" DLCs.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Rincewind posted:

If you zoom in on Los Angeles you can see them beating up Latinos.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

podcat are those jean capris

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

podcat are those jean capris

I like your new av

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Farecoal fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Apr 10, 2015

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
You know I'm starting to look forward to a Hearts of Iron game again which I did not think possible after the soul-crushing experience I had with HoI3's launch. Please quit teasing with awesome features right the gently caress now Paradox, or else you'll have to actually deliver a good HoI game this time. You have been warned.

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

GaussianCopula posted:

But only if you have the "Crews of the Pacific/Atlantic" DLCs.

What about the brave crews who served in the Caspian? Preorder cancelled.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Fool, you should have went to visit one of the South Dakotas, either the Massachusetts or Alabama, since they still feature their full World War II complement of weapons and equipment. The Iowas have long since been soiled by modern technology.

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

IM ONE OF THE GOOD ONES

DrSunshine posted:

EDIT:

:allears: This is magnificent. The question sells it completely.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Jeoh posted:

I wish I lived in more enlightened times.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
I am reading Goering's biography right now and got a hankering to play Darkest Hour again. Applied 1.04 RC1, started 1936 campaign in DH Full to bring glorious.. murder to Europe.
Poland dies according to plan in 1939. Netherlands follow shortly thereafter and now.. stalemate.

I lost my mojo. I can't break through the Franco-Belgian border. I used to be good at this game but now I am just another a taerrible player.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Riso posted:

I am reading Goering's biography right now and got a hankering to play Darkest Hour again. Applied 1.04 RC1, started 1936 campaign in DH Full to bring glorious.. murder to Europe.
Poland dies according to plan in 1939. Netherlands follow shortly thereafter and now.. stalemate.

I lost my mojo. I can't break through the Franco-Belgian border. I used to be good at this game but now I am just another a taerrible player.

DH and the other HoI games just don't represent the fluidity of manoeuvre warfare very well. It's all by the numbers, so you have to use meat grinding strategies.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
I just wish hoi4 will give brigades a reason to exist.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Enjoy posted:

DH and the other HoI games just don't represent the fluidity of manoeuvre warfare very well. It's all by the numbers, so you have to use meat grinding strategies.

HoI3 represents it pretty good. I just finished conquering Russia in early 1941 (Poland by 1938 without R-M-Pact, Fall Gelb/Rot in 1939, Greece/Yugoslavia/Scandinavia between France and Barbarossa), with a Panzer spearheads -> encircle -> eliminate. The biggest issue in that game is that once you have conquered the SU as Germany, you will have to play far too much "whack the rebels/partisans" for me. I hope we will get a dev diary on that topic for HoI4 soon.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
Upcoming EU4 patch looks cool, it removes the fort in every province thing and uses March of the Eagles style tougher forts in fewer provinces

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-9th-of-april-2015.849816/

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
What do I have to do to see the images in the dev diaries instead of the place holder text [IMG]?

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Are you doing anything that would block imgur? They are just normal hosted pics.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Enjoy posted:

Upcoming EU4 patch looks cool, it removes the fort in every province thing and uses March of the Eagles style tougher forts in fewer provinces

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-9th-of-april-2015.849816/

I don't know about committted troops. During a war it is complicated enough already to triangulate when your troops/ally troops/enemy troops will be moving between provinces. This just gives the player two numbers to keep track of instead of one without any benefit apart from 'realism'.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
The benefit is that the AI can no longer use it's limitless capacity for micromanagement to evade your moves.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

A_Raving_Loon posted:

The benefit is that the AI can no longer use it's limitless capacity for micromanagement to evade your moves.

Yeah an end to the constant "chasing the AI in circles forever" army management in the Paradox games would be welcome. I wouldn't mind something even harsher (troops are committed the moment you give the order - or maybe the next day just to allow you to change your mind while paused), but I can understand why they'd want to keep it fairly forgiving.

In the past I'd wanted a "pursue army" command of some kind to deal with this, but I think I like this solution better, because it would give you more control over where you'll actually engage the enemy.

The Cheshire Cat fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Apr 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
I haven't played much HoI but what happens if Germany, you know, does nothing?

• Locked thread