Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Didn't someone here say that Senran Kagura on the 3DS was different then the Vita game and was actually good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jarogue posted:

Didn't someone here say that Senran Kagura on the 3DS was different then the Vita game and was actually good?
Its "good"

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Jarogue posted:

It's good in the way that games with bad controls, focus on fanservice over gameplay and a framerate that's a complete joke are good.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

KennyMan666 posted:

It's good in the way that games with bad controls, focus on fanservice over gameplay and a framerate that's a complete joke are good.

I thought that was the Vita ver?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It was probably 100% Dark_Tzitzimine who said something good about Senran Kagura and he cannot be trusted

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

It's a fun game.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

God I hate this foggy wooded area in Xenoblade. Total slog to go through as I'm told to get these 4 things, and there's level 80 poo poo everywhere and if something so much as spots me it just comes on down to one shot me. Stupid stupid mechanic.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

God I hate this foggy wooded area in Xenoblade. Total slog to go through as I'm told to get these 4 things, and there's level 80 poo poo everywhere and if something so much as spots me it just comes on down to one shot me. Stupid stupid mechanic.

Wait what area

I don't remember this happening.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Get killed level up :black101:

Also wait until nightfall.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Jarogue posted:

so the vita has the big anime titties, right

the 3DS has those same anime titties but in three whole dimensions

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm guessing the marsh. Keep in mind that there are different monsters whether it's day or night, so if you mess with the clock you might find a configuration that's less of a hassle.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Jarogue posted:

Do you like brawlers? Do you wish you could play a brawler that consistently dropped to nearly unplayable framerates? If both are true, Senran Kagura might be the game for you.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

YggiDee posted:

I'm guessing the marsh. Keep in mind that there are different monsters whether it's day or night, so if you mess with the clock you might find a configuration that's less of a hassle.

Yeah it's the marsh, there was a swamp area that was filled with frogs namely and did poison damage. Had a level 80 something bird flying around and if I got spotted well RIP that chance.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Help Im Alive posted:

It was probably 100% Dark_Tzitzimine who said something good about Senran Kagura and he cannot be trusted

He is powerful and deserves respect.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
what's with the Dark_Tzitzimine impersonator

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I don't get why you'd buy/play Sengen Kagura when the 3DS has an internet browser.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

13/f/cali posted:

Do you like brawlers? Do you wish you could play a brawler that consistently dropped to nearly unplayable framerates? If both are true, Senran Kagura might be the game for you.

So Sonic Boom Wii U but better.

Doug Dinsdale
Aug 31, 2003

Shorts
Comfy: {Yes}
Easy to Wear: {Yes}
Alright, we're good to go! :neckbeard:

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Yeah it's the marsh, there was a swamp area that was filled with frogs namely and did poison damage. Had a level 80 something bird flying around and if I got spotted well RIP that chance.

A nopon beside the merchant tells you it's unsafe at night.
Change the clock to daytime and you'll be fine.

Even around Colony 9, there were Lv70+ birds at night.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Turn on enemy icons so you don't need to target them to see if they'll attack you onsight or not. A surprisingly large number of enemies just don't care what you do unless you attack them, and most of the time the ones that attack on sight will be within your level range.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Doug Dinsdale posted:

A nopon beside the merchant tells you it's unsafe at night.
Change the clock to daytime and you'll be fine.

Even around Colony 9, there were Lv70+ birds at night.

Fair enough, misread and thought he said it was safer at night so was scrambling to run around that time :cripes:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Fair enough, misread and thought he said it was safer at night so was scrambling to run around that time :cripes:

And again, just to reiterate, you can actually walk freely around any level enemy that doesn't have an aggro icon near their name, like an eye or a wi-fi (sound) icon, as those enemies will attack on sight or sound, respectively. Anybody else you can hang out with as long as you don't initate the attack.

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
I found my favorite character to play in Xenoblade was the bird princess. Her gimmick was nifty and she has an easy topple skill where she can drop kick behemoths.

I usually had Riki along as an adorable death ball and the final character as my third.

The menu ui sure is ugly, but getting into the groove, the game is still super fun.

Just make sure to always skip side quests when you only have one or two characters in party. It's just more fin with three.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Bird princess is cool and arguably one of the best party members...when you're controlling her. The AI just has no loving clue how to use her gimmicks

The best character though is Seven

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Riki is the true Hero-pon and I don't know why you'd ever use anyone else. :colbert:

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011

majormonotone posted:

Bird princess is cool and arguably one of the best party members...when you're controlling her. The AI just has no loving clue how to use her gimmicks

The best character though is Seven

Yeah, seven is a blast to pay as too. Riki is a bit of a bother to main, but I love his shenanigans (behavior and skills). I don't like playing Reyn or Dunban either.

Also, Melia is voiced by Clara from Doctor Who and is better than Chie at everything, especially kicking.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Every character is fun to play in Xenoblade.

Except for Reyn and Dunban, but the computer can actually control them properly so it isn't a huge deal.

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011

Zore posted:

Except for Reyn and Dunban, but the computer can actually control them properly so it isn't a huge deal.

Competent ai is part of why this game is so good.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNAdEcT_WXs

So I guess a MonHun spinoff, Monster Hunter Stories, was just announced for 3DS. 2016 in Japan.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Digimonhun?

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

MonHun Chronicles

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Just met Melia myself, first impressions are what a jerkass but hey may give her a shot.

Right now just hoping that the systems maybe take a break from being introduced. It's cool there's ways to handle different types but at the same time it's kind of a bother to have to cast the monado ability to let mechons get hurt by normal weapons every battle. Now that I have something similar to go with that just kinda eughh

Still fun though!

Edit: Also what's the song that plays when Fiora gets owned near the start of the game with the chorus? It's super rad.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Apr 12, 2015

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Edit: Also what's the song that plays when Fiora gets owned near the start of the game with the chorus? It's super rad.

Engage the Enemy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAW4xlbyu28

Pretty appropriate name, actually.

planetarial
Oct 19, 2012

Zore posted:

Really? I found Dunban to be my third favorite to play as (Melia and Seven being first and seconds). His combos are pretty nice and he can topple enemies by himself, which only Melia and eventually Seven can do. His AI is fine though, aside from never using his thunder art.

Also he's got a funny naked gimmicky build.

If there's anybody who I don't like playing as, its Sharla. Since you'll be spending most of the time just healing/buffing people or cooling off along with general Sharla problems such as poor chain attack synergy and taking longer to kill stuff.

And for new Xenoblade fans, I highly recommend once you've gotten the seventh party member to check out this spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Anx12MiCQejudHJfUWhOTGd5Wm1uS25ub2FDeE5BekE&pli=1&hl=en_US#gid=5 . It's very helpful, but it spoilers future party members, and if you care at that point, some locations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

The worst thing about Xenoblade is that you're pretty much forced to use Shulk because his ai isn't intelligent enough to use the Monado arts which is required to pass some battles at points. rip.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Jarogue posted:

Probably because you don't have to rotate the DS sideways and stroke it off like a kid in the corner of a middle school dance play a stupid minigame.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

You don't do that in the Vita game either.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

FilthyImp posted:

Probably because you don't have to rotate the DS sideways and stroke it off like a kid in the corner of a middle school dance play a stupid minigame.
Wrong anime game, kisama.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

planetarial posted:

And for new Xenoblade fans, I highly recommend once you've gotten the seventh party member to check out this spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Anx12MiCQejudHJfUWhOTGd5Wm1uS25ub2FDeE5BekE&pli=1&hl=en_US#gid=5 . It's very helpful, but it spoilers future party members, and if you care at that point, some locations.

Don't touch it at all until you have all seven party members. Big, big spoilers. What it helps with is very useful, but all you really need to know in regard to it is don't sell your Collectables. You can give them as gifts to increase Affinity between party members (it'll give you "who will give this?" "who will receive this" selections, and the guide just helps point out who likes what most.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Decided to watch a Xenoblade Chronicles X direct as I skipped all of them and I'm swear I saw Mechon in one of the shots and those lil fuzzy dudes are around

Is this a real sequel or what's the deal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Decided to watch a Xenoblade Chronicles X direct as I skipped all of them and I'm swear I saw Mechon in one of the shots and those lil fuzzy dudes are around

Is this a real sequel or what's the deal?

It's as close a sequel as the main Final Fantasies are with eachother. The Nopon are back in, but it's about the same as saying Moogles are in the new Final Fantasy.