Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
The only thing bad about skipping breakfast is that you don't get to jam on some bomb rear end breakfast food. But that's why breakfast for dinner exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Quite A Tool posted:

The only thing bad about skipping breakfast is that you don't get to jam on some bomb rear end breakfast food. But that's why breakfast for dinner exists.

There's a place here called "ricky's"

any time of the day, they have a breakfast with 3 eggs, 3 strips of bacon, a big piece of sausage, 2 pieces of ham, potatos and toast.

It's like 2 pounds of delicious breakfast food. probably 3000 calories, 5000mg of salt, but who gives a poo poo.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

I lost about 60-70lbs through diet a few years ago and have gotten really sensitive about eating proper meals three times a day. I never feel like eating breakfast but I've found that if I skip it I usually wind up going brain-crazy by the end of the day.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I spent this morning eating a meals worth of tasters at Costco, this afternoon building lego with the kids, this evening watching bad films with the wife. A good day.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I saw fast and furious. I thought it was a lot of fun to watch. Unfortunately, I don't think it'll be as good at home though.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

some texas redneck posted:

Done the rehab bit before. Can't afford it again unfortunately.

There are a fair number of places that will work with you if you call.
Also your Obamacare (tm) may pay for rehab too.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Powershift posted:

There's a place here called "ricky's"

any time of the day, they have a breakfast with 3 eggs, 3 strips of bacon, a big piece of sausage, 2 pieces of ham, potatos and toast.

It's like 2 pounds of delicious breakfast food. probably 3000 calories, 5000mg of salt, but who gives a poo poo.

You say that like Husky House isn't a thing. 24 hours, better coffee, a little bit cheaper and usually quicker (depending on time/staff/location, but their menu is a hell of a lot simpler and they tend to hold staff for at least a decade so they tend to be a lot more competent, at least at the Calgary one). The food's a bit more divey, but it's grease and salt and carbs either way so it's more of a presentation thing.
One of the best things about being on call was the ability to do 2AM Husky trips in the middle of a 20-30 hour shift.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Man, I haven't been to a Husky House in years. Their roast beef sandwich got me through a lot of really bad decisions about food.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Tommychu posted:

You say that like Husky House isn't a thing. 24 hours, better coffee, a little bit cheaper and usually quicker (depending on time/staff/location, but their menu is a hell of a lot simpler and they tend to hold staff for at least a decade so they tend to be a lot more competent, at least at the Calgary one). The food's a bit more divey, but it's grease and salt and carbs either way so it's more of a presentation thing.
One of the best things about being on call was the ability to do 2AM Husky trips in the middle of a 20-30 hour shift.

In the south it's Waffle Awful House. Greasy, salty goodness 24 hours a day. Pick your time right and you'll see cops sitting just down the counter from prostitutes ending their shift. Food is hit or miss at best but it's a staple down here.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
Hit or miss is right. Waffle house is great pre-hangover food though, especially when your only other option is cooking for yourself.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I haven't been to a Husky House since I was a kid, I wasn't even aware there were some in Calgary.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Denny's can grand slam me any day.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

NitroSpazzz posted:

In the south it's Waffle Awful House. Greasy, salty goodness 24 hours a day. Pick your time right and you'll see cops sitting just down the counter from prostitutes ending their shift. Food is hit or miss at best but it's a staple down here.

Now imagine that every single waffle house ever was also a truck stop (whose gasoline has absurd amounts of ethanol- I recently measured 22% on a fuel sold as 'up to 15%') and you've pretty much got it. Our Husky is in a spot that's not particularly seedy though, we've got a couple other spots that pick that niche up.

1500quidporsche posted:

I haven't been to a Husky House since I was a kid, I wasn't even aware there were some in Calgary.
Just one, on Barlow and 32nd.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Tommychu posted:

Now imagine that every single waffle house ever was also a truck stop (whose gasoline has absurd amounts of ethanol- I recently measured 22% on a fuel sold as 'up to 15%') and you've pretty much got it. Our Husky is in a spot that's not particularly seedy though, we've got a couple other spots that pick that niche up.

Just one, on Barlow and 32nd.

Then there's Nellie's, which I used to love until I found out they seasoned their food with mice, dead and/or alive, assorted :barf:

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Bought a gas can and it came with one of these nozzles: http://www.amazon.com/Midwest-Can-4230-Replacement-Spout/dp/B001H1JJB2
Holy poo poo what loving problem were they trying to solve? Did some engineer design this as a joke and some QA manager thought it was so funny he OKed it for production? If so loving bravo that's a quality troll. It's worse than every other nozzle I've ever seen in every single way. A normal cap and a funnel would be way the gently caress more useful and less prone to spilling gas loving everywhere.

Good thing the can was on sale so after I buy a nozzle for "water jugs" or whatever the code word is it will still be a reasonable price.

Senior Funkenstien
Apr 16, 2003
Dinosaur Gum
This is the gas can I have. Had it for years and it works great.

http://www.amazon.com/Blitz-Enviro-Flo-Plus-Gas-Can/dp/B0051XARQ8/ref=sr_1_148?ie=UTF8&qid=1428792018&sr=8-148&keywords=gas+can

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

NitroSpazzz posted:

Waffle House is the Choke n Puke and will always be the Choke n Puke :colbert:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
:staredog:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

To be fair that battery looks like it is from the 1950s.

vv its preforming better then Radio Shack's stock

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
That's a quality battery. Putting out 4v after 50 years is impressive.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

kastein posted:

Denny's can grand slam me any day.

I still haven't forgiven them for getting rid of the breakfast dagwood. :mad:

Like a pound and a half of arterial blockage, all on a big fuckoff sourdough roll.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

88h88 posted:

...you could just eat like a sparrow, gently caress off the crossfit and become a mushy bag of man. Alternatively eat all the protein and become a mountain of man muscle?

That's me at about 44kph setting the fastest bike time of the day. I do on average 14 hours of ride / run / gym a week. Still got a stomach :(

BUt I kinda do know why, I eat too much easy sugar + 45/46 doesnt help. I'm deleting soft drinks and added sugars, no junk food. Not going to go overboard as I know going fad diet never works, just doing it sensibly.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

All of you complaining about SO's putting on weight are making me feel bad about totally digging chubby chicks :v:

88h88 posted:

Same here.

Ha, I saw you reply to that guy's post in the thread, that's why I posted in here.

Finally got the rear brake lines squared away on the F150 today after loving around all morning and afternoon with it. Advance auto has pre-cut lengths of brake line that are already flared and have the fittings on them, but I didn't realize that the shorter hard-line I got has slightly different fittings than the longer line. They have a space at the end of the fitting which makes it ever so slightly too long to thread into the wheel cylinder or junction block. Went back and all of the shorter lines had the same fitting. What the gently caress, Advance. The first longer line I got was waaayy too long because I'm a dummy, so I kept it and hacked off the end and stole the fittings from it and threw them on the shorter line and re-flared it. Only to find out that on the driver's side of the junction block, the fitting is bigger than all of the other ones. What the gently caress, Ford. So I had to hack up another line and re-use the old fitting and finally got it right on the third line.

Aaaand now I have to bleed the system and I am loving terrified to even look at these bleeder screws the wrong way.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Cat Terrist posted:

BUt I kinda do know why, I eat too much easy sugar + 45/46 doesnt help. I'm deleting soft drinks and added sugars, no junk food. Not going to go overboard as I know going fad diet never works, just doing it sensibly.

Just getting rid of sugary drinks makes a huge difference. Just drink water, and once you're doing that for awhile sodas will taste WAY too sweet and you won't even want to drink them.

I still drink iced tea now and then with very small amounts of sugar, and put sugar in my one coffee a day, that's my cheat :)

Now if I can just get my wife to stop her hobby (baking) :(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I work in a comic book shop and about 1/3 of our customers fit the horrible stereotypes you've seen in film and television. Sometimes you see the most physically awkward couples and goddammit every singe time i can't stop myself from imagining how terrible the sex must be.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

T-Square posted:

All of you complaining about SO's putting on weight are making me feel bad about totally digging chubby chicks :v:

I love chubby girls, fit girls remind me of dudes and it turns me off big time. Women should have soft, not hard bodies, so as a result chubby girls are more feminine and attractive to me :3:

Madonna used to be so cute in the 80's when she was chubby now she's gross and looks like a dude.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Apr 12, 2015

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

T-Square posted:

Chubby girls own though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTqlWhwTILw

:v:

Seriously, something about a healthy chick with a nice rear end and some large tits, you can't beat it.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

leica posted:

I love chubby girls, fit girls remind me of dudes and it turns me off big time. Women should have soft, not hard bodies, so as a result chubby girls are more feminine and attractive to me :3:

Madonna used to be so cute in the 80's when she was chubby now she's gross and looks like a dude.

I have zero issues with girls who have some muscle. That tells me they like taking care of themselves :drool:

However a lot of fit girls are too skinny. I see that in Triathlon all the time - you wonder where the curves went. Noooope. But on the other hand, a few of them have curves and holy poo poo that's just hot as hell. But to be honest, triathlon just makes girls skinny mostly.

On the other hand, triathlon does have a signifigant amount of men who are ridulously hot. I can imagine if you swung that way, it would be just eye candy in tight clothing.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

My buddy went into the parts store I work at after I got off work and was looking for something to fix the scratches in his windshield after I told him I couldn't find anything in the system, on the floor or in our detailing/body repair catalog. One of my co-workers suggested he throw a rock at the windshield to crack/chip it and get safelite to replace it for free through insurance. I'm torn between just sitting and going "Holy poo poo why would you suggest that" and laughing way too hard at it. :v:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
There is some sort of cerium oxide powder you can use to polish the glass but any remaining coatings will get removed and it may be a little ripply.

My great grandfather recommended that my grandfather polish his windshield with a 4lb hammer when asked what the proper tools/materials for such a job were :v:

I mean, it does work... just like throwing a 20 dollar bill in the toilet after dropping 25 cents in makes it easier to reach in there for the quarter.

E: as for weight, I am a lucky bastard and somehow my metabolism is still in nuclear mode. I don't like anorexics or fat people, anything in the normal range or athletic is fine by me. Basically if I can't pick you up comfortably this isn't going to work.

(Not that that rules much out I guess, since the motor I picked up and put in Slow is Fast's truck last weekend apparently weighs 400lbs. I thought it seemed more like 300.)

kastein fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Apr 12, 2015

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

So I'm playing Battlefield 4 and there's a multiplayer server called "Mopar or no car"... the map they're playing on is called Rogue Transmission.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Oh my god I am getting hosed so hard on my taxes right now. 1099G and unemployment. RIP

So I owe roughly $3k after fees and interest on my payment plan. gently caress my life.

I wish I could text that to those people you splashed.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

meatpimp posted:

:aaaaa:

I have to say dude, that was really a dick move and I know you'd be on here ripshit about it if someone did it to you, so yeah, don't splash people with puddles.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

T1g4h posted:

Chubby girls own though.

Seriously, something about a healthy chick with a nice rear end and some large tits, you can't beat it.

Pretty sure every time I post about something, you always chime in about how you too like that thing. I think you're my new AI bestie :3:

Leica, you're pretty alright too :v:

Edit: SaC, I have no problem with you, but this:

meatpimp posted:

Made me laugh pretty good.

T-Square fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Apr 12, 2015

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

T-Square posted:

Pretty sure every time I post about something, you always chime in about how you too like that thing. I think you're my new AI bestie :3:

Leica, you're pretty alright too :v:

:hfive:

You just have good taste apparently :v:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Chubby girls = best girls.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Thick or thin doesnt matter one bit to me as long as they have the one thing I need in a woman.

a confirmed clinical diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder as defined in the DSM-IV

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Don't hate me because I'm fat, hate me because I'm an rear end in a top hat, at least.

Spent the last hour of my shift driving around getting brake shoes because the incompetent manager ordered pads the first time. Finally got his brake shoes to him and he decided he didn't want them.

Then I had a panic or anxiety attack on my ride home out of nowhere. Never had one before, and as far as I can tell it's a side effect of mobic. Hoping grilling some fajitas help settle my nerves.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
So I get home from work, walk in, and find a visitor hanging out that I've never seen before. Looked up at me, basically pulled a 'sup I'm a cat gesture, and let me pet it. Spaz was asleep on the other side of the room but on hearing me he confirmed that yes he was in fact aware of the other cat in the house. Didnt want to jump to conclusions so I waited for the room mate who 's lived here for 5 years and he was like I've never seen that cat before I have no idea where it came from.

So uh, 'sup cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
hi :)

• Locked thread