Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Drifter posted:

I remember Dragon Age 3 trying to sell that 'living world' crap with regards to dynamic animal respawn population et cetera and it was kinda nonsense bullshit in practice.

It's gonna be like clearing an outpost in Far Cry 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Drifter posted:

Huh, I never really thought about CDProjekt having a female main character. They'd either do a pretty good job or end up being absolutely loving godawfully eastern european horrible about it.

They said they'd finish Geralt's story in this one. This might mean they'll start a new one, but I'd like to see a Ciri game.

As for our Eastern European trademark love for T&A... well, Ciri is bisexual in the books. *cough*

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

Forget system requirements and watch this really awesome trailer! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYwe_WHARdc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOe985k3gv8
Look at that sheep rendering...

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Welshman trap sprung.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Hey Comte de Saint-Germain, how's the mod support? I play on a Dual Shock 4 on my PC and I tend to use button UI replacements. Minor and dumb question.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Hey Comte de Saint-Germain, how's the mod support? I play on a Dual Shock 4 on my PC and I tend to use button UI replacements. Minor and dumb question.

I don't have a clue, honestly.

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011
i lika de sex and fuckin that bitches hot tits... hell yea

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

beer_war posted:

It's gonna be like clearing an outpost in Far Cry 4.

There's actually a variety of tasks and encounters, we tried to keep it interesting enough that any of the living world things you find will be interesting, most have some sort of story, even if it's only visual. Some link together or even have quest chains.

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011

Dreylad posted:

Maybe I haven't kept up on the info about the game, but the card game seemed like a new thing I haven't heard about? Same with the "kill monsters, help people settle the land" bit, which seems ambitious as hell but pretty cool if it works out well.

you colect cards of teh girls youve hosed and trade them for $$$

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
It would be nice if devs took Far Cry 4's cue and started putting Sony button prompt options right in the settings since the DS4 is fast becoming the PC controller of choice. Hell put in Nintendo prompts too since some people use the Pro Controller.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

iCe-CuBe. posted:

i lika de sex and fuckin that bitches hot tits... hell yea

Quality post.

I too enjoy what the Japanese call Paizuri.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

There's actually a variety of tasks and encounters, we tried to keep it interesting enough that any of the living world things you find will be interesting, most have some sort of story, even if it's only visual. Some link together or even have quest chains.

I thought the exact same FC3/4 thing when that trailer marketing-talked about it. Find a village with a PoI marker on the map, clear the scripted monster squad that was hand placed there, get a Bethesda-esque "Jonestown Cleared" and next time you're there some NPCs are walking around. Maybe several boxes around town to donate money to in order to upgrade the shops/town.

But you're telling me you fuckers put actual effort and quality into these? Dude...

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
It sounds a lot like what Gothic 3 was trying to do.

(except not terrible)

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Megazver posted:

They said they'd finish Geralt's story in this one. This might mean they'll start a new one, but I'd like to see a Ciri game.
I'd love to play a Witcher sequel as a Witcher apprentice that you get to create yourself but unless Geralt decides so set up his own Witcher school at the end of the game, I'd say that it might be too much to hope for.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I wouldn't mind having a game centered around Ciri one bit. She's the real main character of the novels anyway. Plus, it opens up more magical options.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Sylphosaurus posted:

I'd love to play a Witcher sequel as a Witcher apprentice that you get to create yourself but unless Geralt decides so set up his own Witcher school at the end of the game, I'd say that it might be too much to hope for.

I too liked Dark Forces 4: Jedi Knight 3: Jedi Outcast 2: Jedi Academy 1

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I thought the exact same FC3/4 thing when that trailer marketing-talked about it. Find a village with a PoI marker on the map, clear the scripted monster squad that was hand placed there, get a Bethesda-esque "Jonestown Cleared" and next time you're there some NPCs are walking around. Maybe several boxes around town to donate money to in order to upgrade the shops/town.

But you're telling me you fuckers put actual effort and quality into these? Dude...

We have that thing you are describing, but we also have lots of other stuff. I think we do a good, but not perfect, job of not making our living world feel like an ubi theme park.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

I think we do a good, but not perfect, job of not making our living world feel like an ubi theme park.

Bless you, my child.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Does your company know you're admitting imperfections/fault?

Seriously, it must be nice to not have a muzzle agreement beyond the standard NDA.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Sylphosaurus posted:

Hopefully Cyberpunk 2077 will have a character creator.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Jimbot posted:

Hopefully Cyberpunk 2077 will have a character creator.

I can finally play Adam Jensen again. Until the new Deus Ex comes out.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Drifter posted:

I can finally play Adam Jensen again. Until the new Deus Ex comes out.

There will be two new Deus Ex games before Cyberpunk 2077 comes out, you'll see.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Jimbot posted:

There will be two new Deus Ex games before Cyberpunk 2077 comes out, you'll see.

gently caress

but to be fair, the new Deus Ex: Mankind Divided could be pretty fuckin' cool.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Does your company know you're admitting imperfections/fault?

Seriously, it must be nice to not have a muzzle agreement beyond the standard NDA.

I don't think I am really doing that, I'm just saying that some of our living world stuff feels a little ubi, other parts don't. I think this is legit the best rpg I've played in a decade.

Edit: I should shut up, though, or this will wind up on kotaku, "witcher Dev says w3 sucks, ubisoft sucks, hates his boss"

Comte de Saint-Germain fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Apr 12, 2015

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

As long as you didn't bring in the cliff racers from FC4 I'm sure it'll be fine

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Megazver posted:

As for our Eastern European trademark love for T&A... well, Ciri is bisexual in the books. *cough*

Pretty sure that the end of Geralt's story is synonymous with the end of Ciri's story.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Drifter posted:

gently caress

but to be fair, the new Deus Ex: Mankind Divided could be pretty fuckin' cool.

I am super pumped for the new deus ex

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

I am super pumped for the new deus ex

Are you gonna be working on Cyberpunk at all?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Comte, how is the snow in this video game of yours? It's probably from spending most of my life in various desert hellholes but I like a good video game snow.

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you

Drifter posted:

Are you gonna be working on Cyberpunk at all?

I seem to remember him saying he was actually hired to work on Cyberpunk first, and they moved him to Witcher stuff when it was delayed.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

So is it kind of like what guild wars 2 does with the event system? If so that's pretty cool.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

I don't think I am really doing that, I'm just saying that some of our living world stuff feels a little ubi, other parts don't. I think this is legit the best rpg I've played in a decade.

Edit: I should shut up, though, or this will wind up on kotaku, "witcher Dev says w3 sucks, ubisoft sucks, hates his boss"

I'm just giving you poo poo based off how EA/Activision/other big publishers will fire people for saying anything other than positive poo poo.

I worked at a call center that was like that once and holy poo poo...

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

My dad worked for EA (FIFA) and complained all the time about how lovely it was. But not on the internet.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Baiard posted:

I seem to remember him saying he was actually hired to work on Cyberpunk first, and they moved him to Witcher stuff when it was delayed cancelled.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Don't you bring that evil down here. :mad:

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Drifter posted:

Don't you bring that evil down here. :mad:

I'm sorry :( I just don't think they're even working on it at this point. Much like that World of Darkness mmo CCP was working on where they kept poaching the devs for EVE projects.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
I always read about people being so excited for Cyberpunk 2077 but there's like no info about it except for a trailer that explains nothing... what's all the hype about?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

NaDy posted:

I always read about people being so excited for Cyberpunk 2077 but there's like no info about it except for a trailer that explains nothing... what's all the hype about?

Cyberpunk stuff is cool, and CDProjekt is cool.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

NaDy posted:

CDProjekt have shown they can make pretty good rpgs. It'll be nice to have an rpg not in a sword and sorcery setting that's made by CDProjekt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

NaDy posted:

Well, for one the trailer was like really awesome :haw:! But I guess it's mostly because the cyberpunk genre is generally pretty rare in videogames (There are only really Deus Ex, Shadowrun, and Syndicate, that I can think of), and it's made by a studio with a reputation for good stories and atmosphere, so that's basically like crack to the average cyberpunk afficionado. Plus I think it's based on an established Pen and Paper system, so that's another core group of fans who'd look forward to it.

• Locked thread