Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Joementum posted:

Remember when we were joking yesterday about Rastabama? Well....

https://vine.co/v/eBFb6e2uYna

What is he saying here? I can't make it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

VikingofRock posted:

What is he saying here? I can't make it out.

"Greetings, massive! Wha gwaan, Jamaica?" or, in other words, "Hello, everyone! What's going on, Jamaica?"

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Armani posted:

It's like a really fun low-tech cyberpunk nightmare. Internet is currently switched to 'ISIS and Kittens' mode.
https://twitter.com/isilcats

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The last photo taken of FDR was 70 years ago today.

He died the next day.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
:psypop:

The Internet is perhaps the strangest thing to happen to human culture since the invention of the written word.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

:psypop:

The Internet is perhaps the strangest thing to happen to human culture since the invention of the written word.
I agree, and Twitter is perhaps the strangest thing since the invention of the internet.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Samurai Sanders posted:

I agree, and Twitter is perhaps the strangest thing since the invention of the internet.

I still think Tumblr has it beat, at least for a while longer.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Joementum posted:

He died the next day.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Twitter currently has a US Presidential candidate complaining about T-Mobile service and threatening to ban them.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Blindeye posted:

I don't think Tumblr has anywhere near the influence on the real world though.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

He died the next previous day.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Blindeye posted:

Twitter is a very, very strange thing that's been there for literal revolutions, I think Tumblr has a long way to go.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

By the time that Botha and F. W. de Klerk started to break down the apartheid system, mainstream US movies were portraying white South Africans as villains and prime time network television shows were talking about what poo poo they were. George H. W. Bush kept them at arms length even through the reforms, and I can't imagine that either he or Bill Clinton would've had much to do with an unrepentant South Africa in the post-Cold War world.

As for how long SA could've maintained apartheid? I don't know. How long did Rhodesia last?

They might have limped along to the early 2000's, but I don't think they would have made it past that. Though if they went hard towards the nuclear program with Israel they might have managed to dodge that bullet. who knows!

Joementum posted:

Twitter currently has a US Presidential candidate complaining about T-Mobile service and threatening to ban them.

I'm going to guess... Walker.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Grapplejack posted:

I'm going to guess... Walker.

Walker would never threaten a corporation. I'll say Cruz.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Joementum posted:

a US Presidential candidate

That's a stretch.

spoiler: it's the Donald

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Why would JEB want Walker as a VP? He's too close to JEB on like every issue. I don't think he brings anything to the ticket.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Karnegal posted:

Why would JEB want Walker as a VP? He's too close to JEB on like every issue. I don't think he brings anything to the ticket.

He brings $$$$$

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Karnegal posted:

Nobody wins with a VP more photogenic than them.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Karnegal posted:

He's popular with deep-pocketed libertarian shitbags, he has some Tea Party cred, he might bring Wisconsin to the table, and he's enough of a non-entity that Jeb won't have a problem keeping a tight reign on him.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Gyges posted:

Nobody wins with a VP more photogenic than them.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Always seemed kind of creepy to me, and Bush 1 reminds me of a nice grandpa. I stand by my statement.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Biden is more photogenic than Obama.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

greatn posted:

the rule doesn't really account for situations where both halves of the ticket are 10s

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Walker is a stabilised version of the Palin strain--all the extremist views, the highly impressionable empty suit for everything else, while still retaining enough intelligence and self-control to not poo poo all over himself the moment a camera is pointed in his direction. Given his far-RW cred and his eagerness to kiss rear end if it helps his position he's all but a lock for a veep nod--especially for a candidate that would otherwise have issues with the freep segment of the GOP.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

I don't think the GoP dealsmen are dumb enough to give their veep nod to another bland white hard-right idiot from Wisconsin. Particularly when this one isn't even handsome.

Would give it about 70% that it goes to one of rubio, martinez or sandoval. They know they aren't gonna make inroads with the black vote anytime soon (no, not even with ben carson or Tim Scott), but have not given up on the "hispanics are secret conservatives" thing yet and will probably double down on attempts to appeal to them.

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Apr 12, 2015

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

It's a shame that Biden probably wouldn't be interested in another couple terms as VP, because I'd love to see him punk Walker in a debate like he did with Ryan.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Business Gorillas posted:

It's a shame that Biden probably wouldn't be interested in another couple terms as VP, because I'd love to see him punk Walker in a debate like he did with Ryan.

Has any Veep ever served three or more terms in office?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

My Imaginary GF posted:

Has any Veep ever served three or more terms in office?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Vice_Presidents_of_the_United_States_by_time_in_office

Imagine a Let Me Google That For You link.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Another cell phone video showing police violence, this time a cop sic's his dog on a man he already has on the ground and straddled.

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2015/04/new-video-surfaces-showing-new-jersey-cops-siccing-dog-on-non-resisting-man-who-ended-up-dying/

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Ron Jeremy posted:

Another cell phone video showing police violence, this time a cop sic's his dog on a man he already has on the ground and straddled.

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2015/04/new-video-surfaces-showing-new-jersey-cops-siccing-dog-on-non-resisting-man-who-ended-up-dying/

Christ, I'm feeling sick to my stomach right now. The worst part isn't the fact that the dog savages the suspect when he's already on the ground with a cop straddling him, it's that there's another cop standing by and watching. If you need to further restrain the suspect, in what loving way do you justify bringing in the dog rather than the loving human being with hands?

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Christ, I'm feeling sick to my stomach right now. The worst part isn't the fact that the dog savages the suspect when he's already on the ground with a cop straddling him, it's that there's another cop standing by and watching. If you need to further restrain the suspect, in what loving way do you justify bringing in the dog rather than the loving human being with hands?

He just wanted to let his little buddy in on the action :3:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

The worst part isn't the fact that the dog savages the suspect when he's already on the ground with a cop straddling him, it's that there's another cop standing by and watching. If you need to further restrain the suspect, in what loving way do you justify bringing in the dog rather than the loving human being with hands?

This is what's killing me. I've always been critical of police but in the sense that "there are good ones and bad ones and we need to pay attention so we don't let the bad ones get away with poo poo." But gently caress, this video. The horse chase with the 10 cops followed by their chief making excuses. The SC murder where the guy's partner is standing right there in the video. The way the NYPD responded to all the Garner poo poo. I'm very quickly getting to the point of "gently caress the police." If there are good cops than they're being corrupted and turned bad. If there are good cops left then stand the gently caress up and do something. Because every time I see one of these videos these days all I can notice are the OTHER cops standing around watching it happen and making zero effort to stop it or report the truth later.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

greatn posted:

I love Biden, but he will never win.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Ron Jeremy posted:

The great thing about that video is that person recording is yelling that the suspect is unconscious.
The police continue to escalate force, and the witness is screaming at them that the person is non responsive.

It doesn't take a degree or medical training to know when someone is done. gently caress the Police.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Pohl posted:

I love Biden, but he will never win.
What did Biden do to be so forgotten, anyway? Dick Cheney always stayed at the top of people's minds through his various...antics.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

What did Biden do to be so forgotten, anyway? Dick Cheney always stayed at the top of people's minds through his various...antics.

Biden has run for president numerous times and I have always supported him, he just never caught on. I think he even if he ran today, he wouldn't catch on.
What is the reverse of the "it is happening" gif? That is Biden.

EDIT: Seriously, you could claim a goon pizza escalated him to the vice presidency and almost be right.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Samurai Sanders posted:

He's a milquetoast white dude that loves trains and cars and is assumed to make funny gaffes often enough for it to be his thing (aside from creeping up on ladies)?

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

FilthyImp posted:

He's a milquetoast white dude that loves trains and cars and is assumed to make funny gaffes often enough for it to be his thing (aside from creeping up on ladies)?

He is way more complicated than that. I'd probably vote for a different Democrat than him because Biden is really pro war. I didn't realize that a long time ago. You have to realize, I've been rooting for this guy for 20 years.
I love the man, but I've lost faith in him.

Of course, he is still a lot better than the candidates he lost to.
Biden would have been the Terminator President, and that would not be bad.
By Terminator I don't mean war, I mean he would be like troll Obamo 24 hours a day. He can't let poo poo go, so he would be constantly firing back.

Pohl fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Apr 12, 2015

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Pohl posted:

He is way more complicated than that. I'd probably vote for a different Democrat than him because Biden is really pro war.
He's also got sticky legislative acts, right? Drug policy and whatnot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

FilthyImp posted:

He's also got sticky legislative acts, right? Drug policy and whatnot?

Yeah, he was big into drug legislation. People that like him want to dismiss it, but I think he really believes the things he said about drugs.
Sure, he was the catalyst for gay marriage, but he has a lot of really horrible ideas on drugs.

Edit: his intentions are good at least, but his ideas are horrible.

• Locked thread