Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Worth mentioning you can just cancel the impetuous order. :v: (someone did say this before)

I was gonna look this up but forgot tonight, I'll do it tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
So, CB has continued to adjust the PDF/builder with points/wargear adjustments (Such as some Dasyu variants dropping in points, Iago getting AP instead of DA CCW).

I'd hoped they would be doing this sort of thing, really pleased that they are.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
That's nice. I love the concept and model of the Dasyus but always end up getting a Naga. Maybe this will help me stop being a cheap bastard.

Now they need only boost Patroclus a bit and maybe give Atalanta mimetism or a point drop and the faction should be set.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
If only they would give bolts an engineer profile.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Sephyr posted:

That's nice. I love the concept and model of the Dasyus but always end up getting a Naga. Maybe this will help me stop being a cheap bastard.

Now they need only boost Patroclus a bit and maybe give Atalanta mimetism or a point drop and the faction should be set.

I think my dream is if they make Patroclus a proper 2 W HI versus 1 + NWI and give him some BTS to not suck against Viral. Alternatively, G: Synchronized with Achilles, because that would be all kinds of hilarious.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Two real wounds and/or a 6-4 would rock. Though to be fair, some kind of skill that highlighted his role as Achilles' fried/protector would be ideal. Just not sure what it could be.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Sephyr posted:

Two real wounds and/or a 6-4 would rock. Though to be fair, some kind of skill that highlighted his role as Achilles' fried/protector would be ideal. Just not sure what it could be.

Patroclus is already a 6-4, it's just that although 6-4 is amazing on Achilles because Achilles is more of an ultralight TAG than a heavy infantry unit that happens to not have the TAG CC weakness or dodge penalties (and can use careful movement which is just ridiculous when you sneak around the back of someone and then knife them all to death), Patroclus doesn't have the oomph to really take advantage of that speed.

As for highlighting his role as Achilles's protector-maybe a pseudo-fireteam rule that lets him move with Achilles using fireteam movement rules but gives no other bonuses? Call it "Bodyguard" or something. That makes Achilles + Patroclus a fairly order efficient ~130 points of gently caress You. Which makes the Achilles + Patroclus team something resembling the Steel Phalanx "TAG."

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Also, I found this profile in ALEPH's MI list for a merc:

Armand Le Muet, Freelance Killer.
4-2 MOV, CC 18, BS 13, PH 12, WIP 13, ARM 2, BTS 0, W1, S2. Except he has Symbiont Armor.
Inactive he loses his ARM 2 and goes up to 4-4 MOV.

He has a Minelayer profile with Antipersonnel Mines for 1.5|42 and a MSV1 profile for 1.5|45, and his armaments are a MULTI Sniper, Nanopulser, 2 Breaker Pistols, a Shock CCW, and a Knife. Also he has ODD which is nice.

Who the hell is this guy? I thought Symbiont Armor was a Tohaa-only tech?

MJ12 fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Apr 10, 2015

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
He's Tohaa. Like, by species, not by affiliation.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
He's the new ITS Mercenary.

Cyclomatic
May 29, 2012

"I'm past caring about what might be lost by letting alphabet soups monitor every last piece of communication between every human being on the planet."

I unironically love Big Brother.
So like how does Striga work now?

Striga says it gives dogged and explicitly states that absorbing a wound cancels dogged.

Dogged explicitly states that special skills can't be used to heal.

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.

Cyclomatic posted:

So like how does Striga work now?

Striga says it gives dogged and explicitly states that absorbing a wound cancels dogged.

Dogged explicitly states that special skills can't be used to heal.

HS+CP FAQ posted:

DOES STRIGA STILL INCLUDE THE V: DOGGED SPECIAL SKILL?
With the new changes to the V: Dogged Special Skill, Striga no longer includes the possibility of using V: Dogged.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Sephyr posted:

I also completely avoided Dasyus for a long time in favor of Nagas (I bought the Dasyus sniper model so long ago I forgot what it was until I saw it in the gallery and went, "wait I own that") but then I had a game where my Proxy sniper went off and now I'm looking at that TO Camo/NWI profile and thinking I'd like to use more of that.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
According to Mayacast, we might get the most ridiculous release month since the Dire Foes announcement:

Galwegian box (resculpt)
Tiger Soldier BS (resculpt)
Fraacta BS
Aquila Guard (resculpt)
Kaeltar box (some new Tohaa unit with drone-pokemons)

So...
We don't have a Combi+LFT Tiger because it got discontinued, and the old model didn't conform to the state-approved combi+LFT weapon model anyway.
We don't have a spitfire Tiger because it was just introduced.
We don't have a hacker Tiger because who the gently caress would use an AD hacker in N3? Also reasons.
We don't have a sniper Tiger. Yes, yes, I know. But still.
We already have a BS Tiger.

:wtc: CB?

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Apr 11, 2015

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

these are not the reculpts you are looking for

That said AG resculpt is cool. Also gently caress stop introducting new poo poo CB when old poo poo still hasn't got models, Tohaa don't need new stuff.

Cyclomatic
May 29, 2012

"I'm past caring about what might be lost by letting alphabet soups monitor every last piece of communication between every human being on the planet."

As long as they are consistently getting out a reasonable number of models each month I am fine with them re-sculpting stuff. They are only going to do it if they think the new version is really awesome.

Of course, this re-sculpting was terrible and unacceptable while I was still waiting 6+ loving years for a missile launcher Alguacil. But now I got mine, so the same behavior is fine since it doesn't really affect me. Or more seriously, getting models out the door seems to be one area where CB has gotten their act together and while there are models that we have been waiting forever for, they seem to be coming sooner than later now that the digital sculpting pipeline is up and running. They just have a big backlog of things to clear out, but they are clearing out.

Honestly, poke-auxbots sound amazing. I hope they have multiple flavors to pick from as the bots in auxbot units are all the same. Charmander with a heavy flamer, or Pikachu with an E/Marat, etc.

Edit: loving CB. Doing demos for Operation Icestorm for International Tabletop Day, and made a handout directing them to the website, and using printouts from Army Builder 5 to show it off, and of course their website is down. Of course.

Cyclomatic fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Apr 11, 2015

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
That will also be the third Galwegian resculpt, while I'm not upset, I don't see the point.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Indolent Bastard posted:

That will also be the third Galwegian resculpt, while I'm not upset, I don't see the point.

While I agree that it is inexplicable/inscrutable, I do have some hopes for this. One of my mates whom I've gotten into infinity likes the 'military' look of Ariadna and I agree with him. I would love to see resculpted highlanders as scruffy soldiers rather than anime ginger kilt-wearers. Who am I kidding though, it'll never happen.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why would you like the Highlanders to look exactly like the rest of Ariadna?

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
Because I like the way most of Ariadna looks and I am not too keen on the look of medieval hollywood scotsmen in my future-space-barbies game?

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Does anyone know if Aleph toolbox will be updated? I'm still noticing the occasional error with profiles. I dont really like Army 5, mostly because of the list print out. That and Army 5 is down :|

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Aleph Toolbox *is* open source.

Genghis Cohen posted:

Because I like the way most of Ariadna looks and I am not too keen on the look of medieval hollywood scotsmen in my future-space-barbies game?

Then play soldier dolly with the rest of Ariadna and let the people that like medieval hollywood scotsmen have their fun too?

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
Are we going to ask each other increasingly sarcastic rhetorical questions much longer?

But seriously, I'm not trying to blame anyone else for doing fun wrong. I'm saying that, since they are being resculpted, I hope the resculpts have a certain look. If they don't, I'm not going to tear my hair out, I don't even play Ariadna. If the do, I hope those who like the current aesthetic can obtain the current sculpts and good luck to them in fielding them. We all like different things and that's just fine.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Genghis Cohen posted:

Are we going to ask each other increasingly sarcastic rhetorical questions much longer?

Nah, I am going to the gym in a few minutes.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

need that in my life right now thanks cheers

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

I WILL DESTROY YOU I need that.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
What figure is that supposed to be? I can tell its a PanO heavy of some kind.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Aquila Guard HMG resculpt.

ThreeLefts
Dec 27, 2012

I think the most important thing here is....That Aquila appears to have a panzerfaust.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Pierzak posted:

Aquila Guard HMG resculpt.

awesome! that is so much better looking.

Rules question, when dodging, can you go off a building or other elevated position?

ThreeLefts
Dec 27, 2012

MSVL3 + HMG + Panzer?

MSVL3 + MULTI + Panzer?!

NEOTERRA CALLS

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

If the AG gained a Panzerfaust I'd laugh myself silly.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
CB has a history of modeling useless Panzerfausts on MSV3 HMG models. :v:

ThreeLefts
Dec 27, 2012

Hahaahaaa~awwww :confuoot:

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

LumberingTroll posted:

Rules question, when dodging, can you go off a building or other elevated position?

Also, is there a range on Ghost: Synchronized? If there is I have not seen it anywhere.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

LumberingTroll posted:

Also, is there a range on Ghost: Synchronized? If there is I have not seen it anywhere.
Nope. As to the first question, I don't see any reason why not but you'd have to resolve falling damage if applicable IIRC.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Flipswitch posted:

Nope. As to the first question, I don't see any reason why not but you'd have to resolve falling damage if applicable IIRC.

Pretty sure it's zone of control. It's ghost:servant that has no range limit.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Oh poo poo my bad. I'm thinking of Palbots/Servants, not Auxbots/Sync. Thanks for pulling that up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyclomatic
May 29, 2012

If you throw smoke from out of LoF of a model so that the model is clipped by the smoke cloud, can they make a dodge roll?

• Locked thread