Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
So far my experience has been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

Nuebot posted:

I think I'll be the annoying dick option from now on. I just fought a guy who summoned a bunch of phantoms, then hid in a corner while holding his havels shield up. Literally, a corner.
Can't you just shield break -> riposte them?

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Nuebot posted:

I think I'll be the annoying dick option from now on. I just fought a guy who summoned a bunch of phantoms, then hid in a corner while holding his havels shield up. Literally, a corner. The tiny one where you summon the drifter NPC. I will wait for multiple phantoms and just be as much an annoyance as they are.

Also if you got more interesting suggestions for weapons I'm all ears. The ice rapier looks neat, and I care about that a lot.

The point of invading is to just stall the host and be a huge jerk really. Killing is pointless.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Nuebot posted:

So after PVPing a bunch today I have to say: for the bell covenent magic is definitely the way to go. It's easier, melee is a pain in the rear end. But the ice rapier is fun to use. That's what I've been using today and after a while a lot of the people I'd frequently kill or assisting gang-invasions with would switch over to it too. So I guess I managed to make it look rad. Still haven't gotten my 100 kills yet and it's becoming a nightmare.

EDIT: so in belfry sol when little babies start running around those stupidly large pillars, what should you do? I keep running into idiots that do nothing BUT circle them until lloyd's runs out so they can heal. They usually eat a sword to the face then it all repeats. There's no baiting these idiots out either since they'll just stay on one side and hide until they can heal as well.

Warped sword main hand estoc offhand stop locking on.

:Edit:

Not powerstanced.

Iretep posted:

The point of invading is to just stall the host and be a huge jerk really. Killing is pointless.

The tingle you get down the back of your neck every time you hear the sound of a life ring breaking is not pointless.

That's the best drat sound in the game :colbert:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Also if you hate being invaded, be sure to carry around giant seeds, I don't think there's anything funnier than scaring a red phantom into running to hide by a mob then munching a seed and watching them get crushed.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Frankston posted:

Anyone playing this with a mouse & keyboard set-up? I'd like to try it but I can't afford the game as well as a new controller right now.

You can get it for $30 on Kinguin, maybe that helps? (I got it for 20 before launch, looks like it went up.)

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Does anyone know if they toned down the Drakekeepers for SotFS? I remember reading their unrelenting attacks was actually a bug and they were meant to take breathers for melee characters to get hits in. I get the game's meant to be all-round harder but I'd be pretty okay if they weren't such a bullshit fight still

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

It is only the mace one that swings his weapon around like a wiffle bat. The sword and warhammer ones are totally fine. The mace guy still does his duty, but there is only one of them. I hit him with a couple of sunlight spears. If you are desperate, poison arrows.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

There's only 3 of them now and they seem really flimsy, so I didn't get a chance to see them attack much. The hammer jerks in Amana actually take a break every 3 swings now, so I would think the drakekeepers would be fixed.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Does anyone know if they toned down the Drakekeepers for SotFS? I remember reading their unrelenting attacks was actually a bug and they were meant to take breathers for melee characters to get hits in. I get the game's meant to be all-round harder but I'd be pretty okay if they weren't such a bullshit fight still

The areas changed a lot but they are still assholes. Only good way to deal with the mace one is to just spam ranged attacks on it.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I'll take some solace in the devs killed most of the Mace dudes for us :unsmith:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Weird, mace guy will only do two and three hit combos now, at least that's been my experience all 5 times I've killed him.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

Azran posted:

Weird, mace guy will only do two and three hit combos now, at least that's been my experience all 5 times I've killed him.

If he does vertical attacks, he can still chain them pretty much indefinitely. Horizontal swings seem to behave like they should, though.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Motherfucker posted:

Yeah, this is one of the best changes. :3: Also, that comic owns.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Decided to rush a bandit to Straid. I killed the first three knights so I could safely expand one ring of the dragonrider's area, summoned glencour, and killed Dragonrider. I then leveled up dex to 23, and equipped the old knight halberd you get in the tunnel to no-man's wharf. I rushed through no-mans, and kicked down the new shortcut. Died, picked up my souls, got the branch in the poison pot room, and killed flexile sentry with the halberd surprisingly easily. In lost Bastille I opened the grate near McDuff, ran up to get the antiquated key in the room with Lucatel, and ran back to the shortcut path you need the key to open. I rode the elevator up, killed the mummies, and unpetrified Straid at about 27k soul memory. He won't sell the ring until you are at 30k, so I had room to spare. Zero souls lost to death, and zero souls put into any equipment.

Now to figure out what to do with this guy. I kind of want to keep him low super low soul memory, to see what fun I can have. I was thinking of going for two-handing the dragonslayer spear and the dragon covenant armor, for full low SM dragon action. The sad part is that most people will probably just think I am hacking.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Apr 11, 2015

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Finally got the stats for Pursuer's Ultra Greatsword, using it along with a mix of Aurous and Drangleic armour topped off with a rose crest shield and a merchant hat. Fashion souls as all hell.

Now to decide whether to bother branching out into faith or just improving my strength and survivability stats. I feel like I got to level 85 very quickly, I'm only like ten hours in.

Positronic Spleen
May 5, 2010
For anyone looking to redo the achievements, heads up, you need the DLC spells for it to count in the DX11 version. It kind of makes sense, I guess.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Iretep posted:

Yes. I have embraced my inner dick and so far not only have I been getting more kills, I've been getting some angry steam profile comments! It makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. "You so proud that 3v1 does all work for You, pathefic kid?" I can't wait to amass more, one guy I killed like three times because he kept running away and I'd just running stab him in the back of the head called me a "loving pussy" :byewhore: I just wish the scraping spear was back now.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Filthy Monkey posted:

It is only the mace one that swings his weapon around like a wiffle bat.

I couldn't tell if they changed these guys because ever since I started moving behind them in the original game, they became trivial. Dudes were hell on my first playthrough where I used a shield and tried to tank them while waiting for opportunities, but if you just run around back they give you plenty of chances to hit them.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Nuebot posted:

Yes. I have embraced my inner dick and so far not only have I been getting more kills, I've been getting some angry steam profile comments! It makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. "You so proud that 3v1 does all work for You, pathefic kid?" I can't wait to amass more, one guy I killed like three times because he kept running away and I'd just running stab him in the back of the head called me a "loving pussy" :byewhore: I just wish the scraping spear was back now.

Freaking badass...

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Nuebot posted:

It is, it's just called corrosive urns now.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

CJacobs posted:

It is, it's just called corrosive urns now.

I know what I'm stocking up on now. Forget pegging a dude with a lloyd's.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I think maybe there might be one too many Alonne knights in the Smelter area now. :stare:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Orv posted:

I think maybe there might be one too many Alonne knights in the Smelter area now. :stare:

That, and their aggro range is ridiculous. Once you take care of the first archer, walk up to the bridge and keep an eye on the left side, you'll see a guy in the second floor appear from nowhere, drop down two levels and sprint to stab you.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006
I honestly thought it was easier in this version to get to Smelter Demon just because it was a lot easier to get them in a position where I wasn't getting shot in the dick by archers.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Edmond Dantes posted:

That, and their aggro range is ridiculous. Once you take care of the first archer, walk up to the bridge and keep an eye on the left side, you'll see a guy in the second floor appear from nowhere, drop down two levels and sprint to stab you.

The whole level is a matter of figuring out when aggro activates and taking them on one by one.

Orv
May 4, 2011

pyromance posted:

I honestly thought it was easier in this version to get to Smelter Demon just because it was a lot easier to get them in a position where I wasn't getting shot in the dick by archers.

Yeah it's easier to kite them all to an archerless area, but they seem to have hired the Ancient Aliens guy and his idea was "What is EVERYONE had bows?!"

E: Also I just died to a Smelter blast as he died and I don't think it counted. :sigh:

Orv fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Apr 12, 2015

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Average Bear posted:

The whole level is a matter of figuring out when aggro activates and taking them on one by one.

pyromance posted:

Yeah, the lack of the archer in the terrace behind the entrance to that area helps, and once you learn to wait for the three assholes on the left instead of walking the bridge and getting stabbed in the arse you're good. I'm still surprised at the aggro range though, that dude on the second level is outside the second bonfire, that's really far from the bridge; also there's an archer one level below that guy that doesn't fire. It's just weird.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Is there a good strategy for the gang-gank in Cave of the Dead? I've only tried it once, blind, with the 2 NPCs the area gives you. We were doing really well but I think there's an archer that was witling me down through my backstabs. I'm about level 135 or so, I have no idea how levels work in this game.

e: fashion souls

Chard fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Apr 12, 2015

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
jester thomas is a jerk

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Throwing items is lame in this game, even minute seconds of lag means someone won't be hit by a lloyd's and I swear people are healing even while the lloyd's effect is still on them. Corrosive urns are just as bad. I miss the spear.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Stealing the dragon egg and getting piled on by about 10 dragon knights at once trying to go up the big stairs is the highlight so far of the remake.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Positronic Spleen posted:

For anyone looking to redo the achievements, heads up, you need the DLC spells for it to count in the DX11 version. It kind of makes sense, I guess.

I suppose Hidden Weapon is still solely gated behind 30 bellbro kills, and there's no alternative method for it like there are for other covenant spells?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Stealing the dragon egg and getting piled on by about 10 dragon knights at once trying to go up the big stairs is the highlight so far of the remake.

Huh? They didn't aggro me when I took it.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Chard posted:

Is there a good strategy for the gang-gank in Cave of the Dead? I've only tried it once, blind, with the 2 NPCs the area gives you. We were doing really well but I think there's an archer that was witling me down through my backstabs. I'm about level 135 or so, I have no idea how levels work in this game.

e: fashion souls

what is that armour. i need it

also Pursuer's Greatsword owns and is surprisingly good in PvP, it has a really good moveset. Especially if I keep switching to dual cestuses because that makes people really confused and they do incredibly retarded things as a result

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I have been accused of being a hacker and someone invited me to a ragey group called "GIT GUD SCRUB" on steam and I accepted this invite. I think I'm doing a good job.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

what is that armour. i need it

The chest is the Ruin Sentinel set, legs are Mastodon, engraved gauntlets and Velstadt's helm obvs. Wearing max item find gear at all times means I'm seeing all kinds of crazy poo poo.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Motherfucker posted:

This should go in the new OP that we should totally have for scholar of the first sin.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Sticking posted:

It looks like it's much easier to get the agape ring at 30000 SM now. You can get a branch in the Bastille, no lockstones are required, the Flexile Sentry is much more forgiving now that there's a shortcut and you don't need to waste 1000 souls on Lenigrast since McDuff is available straight away. I'm tempted to farm up an estoc instead of buying one, what's the best source of straight sword hollows? I've been murdering the one in the ballista room for ages with no luck.

What's the strategy here? Straight into Heide's to Dragon Rider, sprint through No-Man's to the boss, then make your way to Straid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Yep, you don't even need a lockstone to skip the ruin sentinels any more.