Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Edible Hat posted:

When did California, a state that if it were its own country would have the sixth highest GDP in the world, become an economic catastrophe in the eyes of the right? Was it its sharp leftward movement during the 1990s? Or was it the influx of people of lesser races? Relatedly: why doesn't Massachusetts hold that title anymore?

It became a meme on the right during that period where California's government was a ridiculous disaster, ironically because of Republican fuckery in the legislature.

Also, having grown up in rural Michigan I can't see that image as anything other than a giant dog foghorn blaring "this is what happens when minorities are in charge".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Mr. President, Sir
I can't read.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
Most people I know, including most Christians I know, wouldn't actually do any of this for any random stranger, gay or straight, but they sure do like to talk about how they'd totally do it. Americans as a society are really good at just straight-up ignoring other people's suffering if stopping it would inconvenience them in any way.

Literally no source or attribution at all, that's kind of impressive.

So, what, the California Democratic Party made the rain stop? There wouldn't be a drought if there were a Republican in the governor's seat?

'NATO? What's that?'

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best

Mister Bates posted:

Most people I know, including most Christians I know, wouldn't actually do any of this for any random stranger, gay or straight, but they sure do like to talk about how they'd totally do it. Americans as a society are really good at just straight-up ignoring other people's suffering if stopping it would inconvenience them in any way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt2mbGP6vFI

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Edible Hat posted:

I don't dislike queers. I would help them when they are anonymous, denuded cyphers, but not when they are offering money in exchange for my goods and services.

Note that this one doesn't include 'I would employ someone knowing they are gay'

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Fulchrum posted:

Anyway, part 2

Slightly lower volume this time.

Was sentenced to an eternity of torment that made the Holocaust look like Disney Land ..... Would I side with the guy who made that sentence and then spend eternity in bliss?

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Soviet Commubot posted:

It became a meme on the right during that period where California's government was a ridiculous disaster, ironically because of Republican fuckery in the legislature.

Also, having grown up in rural Michigan I can't see that image as anything other than a giant dog foghorn blaring "this is what happens when minorities are in charge".

Now that things got better after 2012 here, the GOP seems to have not gotten the memo and still acts like it's the 2000s in California.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Also of note: If legally possible, a person 'of moral conviction' would probably fire someone for being gay (but not say it :ssh:) because giving them wages enables their sinful lifestyle. But afterwards, they'll just give them a bunch of free poo poo because they need it. :jerkbag:

Random Axis
Jul 19, 2005
Seeing all the CCW bullshit from Liberal Logic makes me long for a meme that the 2nd amendment allows people to BEAR ARMS, not hide them. Then I'd know who the open carry nutjobs are.

e: aww lost the newbie avatar I've had since 2006 :(

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Could someone link me the Who Is Ben Ghazi gif? I need to troll a guy.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pkVLqSaahk

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Random Axis posted:

Seeing all the CCW bullshit from Liberal Logic makes me long for a meme that the 2nd amendment allows people to BEAR ARMS, not hide them. Then I'd know who the open carry nutjobs are.

e: aww lost the newbie avatar I've had since 2006 :(

Everyone did, that's the new one.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Fulchrum posted:

Slightly lower volume this time.

You're gonna hit us with a mega-sized part 3, aren't you? :ohdear:

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Nth Doctor posted:

You're gonna hit us with a mega-sized part 3, aren't you? :ohdear:

Oh God, no.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

The United States?

(trick question, all countries abuse women in some way or another).

What does the right to carry a constitution have to do with guns

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Could someone link me the Who Is Ben Ghazi gif? I need to troll a guy.

Consistently one of the favorite gifs I've slapped together:

Rick_Hunter posted:

Oh God, no.

:stare: Hi... Rick_Hunter...
:ohdear: Are those... all LL101...?
:stare: FIFTY FIVE images *click* ELL ELL ONE OH ONE.
:ohdear: Fulchrum.... if a mod comes in here and catches us... we'll both be in a world of poo poo.
:byodood: I AM.... IN A WORLD... OF poo poo!

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Mo_Steel posted:

:ohdear: Fulchrum.... if a mod comes in here and catches us... we'll both be in a world of poo poo.

That's loving beautiful man.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

The United States?

(trick question, all countries abuse women in some way or another).

Just imagine how many states they could get if they called it "Obama Is A Kenyan Muslim Carry"

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

"Constitutional carry" is such an awful term that I can guarantee Frank Luntz helped come up with it.

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

It's hard to keep sand out of ears this big.
Fun Shoe

Lansdowne posted:

"Constitutional carry" is such an awful term that I can guarantee Frank Luntz helped come up with it.

What's great (read horrible) is that here in Kansas people are so loving confused by the terms that are used that some are openly talking about how they can "legally" carry their pistols into private businesses even if they put up the no guns allowed signs. You know, because it's a constitutional right now and Arby's can't take away your constitutional rights! :sigh:

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Anubis posted:

What's great (read horrible) is that here in Kansas people are so loving confused by the terms that are used that some are openly talking about how they can "legally" carry their pistols into private businesses even if they put up the no guns allowed signs. You know, because it's a constitutional right now and Arby's can't take away your constitutional rights! :sigh:

I don't doubt that that's the next phase after eliminating all gun-free zones in schools, colleges and other government buildings.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mister Bates posted:

'NATO? What's that?'

Its a coalition of european countries who hate Obama. Hence "NAT O!"

This'd work so much better if you could hear the poor german accent used for that joke

Israel, pretty clearly.

Will people stop posting this picture of me? Goddamn!

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Apr 11, 2015

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Mo_Steel posted:

Consistently one of the favorite gifs I've slapped together:

He looks like he just had a stroke or something.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

He looks like he just had a stroke or something.

You've never seen Full Metal Jacket have you.

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

Anubis posted:

It's my understanding that this is actually correct, though. At least as far as private businesses are concerned. In fact, I remember the instructor saying something like that when I got my CCW several years ago next door in Missouri. According to him, you can ignore those signs at private businesses that say that weapons are not allowed on the premises. If they do somehow find out that you are concealing a weapon, the most they can do is to ask you to leave, and only then if you refuse is it a crime (trespassing).

It was a bit of an offhand remark years ago, but I definitely remember him saying something along those lines. Now I guess it's something else entirely if they're saying now that you aren't even allowed to eject someone from your business for carrying.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Lansdowne posted:

It's my understanding that this is actually correct, though. At least as far as private businesses are concerned. In fact, I remember the instructor saying something like that when I got my CCW several years ago next door in Missouri. According to him, you can ignore those signs at private businesses that say that weapons are not allowed on the premises. If they do somehow find out that you are concealing a weapon, the most they can do is to ask you to leave, and only then if you refuse is it a crime (trespassing).

It was a bit of an offhand remark years ago, but I definitely remember him saying something along those lines. Now I guess it's something else entirely if they're saying now that you aren't even allowed to eject someone from your business for carrying.

The law makes it so you do not need a permit to conceal carry. This also makes it not necessary to take a firearms training class since that's one of the requirements of the concealed carry permit. As far as I see online, Kansas is an open carry state but you still need a permit to take it over state lines. Nothing in the law that says businesses are required to deal with your gun toting rear end if you walk in like John Wayne.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Rick_Hunter posted:

You've never seen Full Metal Jacket have you.

:clint: WHAT IS POSTER FULCHRUM DOING IN THIS THREAD? WHY IS POSTER FULCHRUM TYPING A NEW POST?! WHY AREN'T YOU STOMPING POSTER FULCHRUM'S GUTS OUT!?!
:ohdear: Sir, it is this posters duty to inform the senior Mod that poster Fulchrum has a post full of LL101 images, SIR!
:clint: Now you listen to me Poster Fulchrum... and you listen good... I want that post. And I want it now.

Okay maybe it's not that bad spending time gathering them up but jesus those LL101 images are like bleaching your brain with stupid.

Choadmaster
Oct 7, 2004

I don't care how snug they fit, you're nuts!

Lansdowne posted:

According to him, you can ignore those signs at private businesses that say that weapons are not allowed on the premises. If they do somehow find out that you are concealing a weapon, the most they can do is to ask you to leave, and only then if you refuse is it a crime (trespassing).

That's true of nearly anything (you can go in with no shirt/shoes and there's nothing they can do but ask you to leave - at which point you're trespassing if you refuse). That the business can legally ask you to leave over it is the important bit.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Mo_Steel posted:

:clint: WHAT IS POSTER FULCHRUM DOING IN THIS THREAD? WHY IS POSTER FULCHRUM TYPING A NEW POST?! WHY AREN'T YOU STOMPING POSTER FULCHRUM'S GUTS OUT!?!
:ohdear: Sir, it is this posters duty to inform the senior Mod that poster Fulchrum has a post full of LL101 images, SIR!
:clint: Now you listen to me Poster Fulchrum... and you listen good... I want that post. And I want it now.

Okay maybe it's not that bad spending time gathering them up but jesus those LL101 images are like bleaching your brain with stupid.

Full Metal Jacket is a loving incredible movie.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lansdowne posted:

Of course 'all they can do is ask you to leave' what the gently caress else would you think they could do? That's like saying 'I don't have to follow the no shirt no shoes rule ALL YOU CAN DO IS KICK ME OUT.

Yea, Arby's isn't a federal prison, they can't arrest you.

I'm sure what he meant was 'you can ignore them because your gun is hidden because gently caress rules muh guns'

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

If you break the rules of a store and they never find out they can't punish you.

One weird trick to getting away with anything!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I do like that guy's world he's living in where rules are actually like lovely fairy tale riddles.

"Nyaha, bridge troll, you failed to pat me down vigorously when I came in your shop and I was able to carry my gun in and out in its hidden holster. YOUR RULE MEANS NOTHING NOW."

Like, you didn't fuckin beat Rumplestiltskin and now the store owner must admit defeat.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I got to hear my dad complaining today that he can't go back to Yankee Stadium anymore because concealed carry is forbidden. It's like, just don't have a gun for a day, you'll be fine. I never carry a gun, I do pretty well for myself.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I do like that guy's world he's living in where rules are actually like lovely fairy tale riddles.

"Nyaha, bridge troll, you failed to pat me down vigorously when I came in your shop and I was able to carry my gun in and out in its hidden holster. YOUR RULE MEANS NOTHING NOW."

Like, you didn't fuckin beat Rumplestiltskin and now the store owner must admit defeat.

You didn't get to experience the Sov Citizen thread. That was a treat that should be had by all. :allears:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Coffee And Pie posted:

I got to hear my dad complaining today that he can't go back to Yankee Stadium anymore because concealed carry is forbidden. It's like, just don't have a gun for a day, you'll be fine. I never carry a gun, I do pretty well for myself.

What could you possibly need a gun at a baseball stadium for? Unless he really really hates the wave.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Julio Cruz posted:

What could you possibly need a gun at a baseball stadium for? Unless he really really hates the wave.

You clearly spend very little time working out self defense scenarios in your head.

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best

Julio Cruz posted:

BAD CALL UMPIRE, NOW IT'S CURTAIN CALL FOR YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Julio Cruz posted:

No clue, I'm guessing either a Sudden Death (but with baseball) scenario, the five minute walk from the train station to the stadium.

On the other hand, stadiums are breeding grounds for drunken assholes ready to get into fights over nothing, that's clearly a good place to let people have guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Maybe this?
Man Always Carries Gun In Case He Needs To Escalate Situation