Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!

ullerrm posted:

/sip

Trolling Jade out of EVE is one of the best things I've ever been involved in.

I view being the straw that broke Marlona Sky's back and caused him to biomass as my greatest Eve accomplishment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

vulvamancer posted:

I view being the straw that broke Marlona Sky's back and caused him to biomass as my greatest Eve accomplishment.

How so? I know there was some pretty thorough trolling by multiple parties during his CSM bid. What was your finishing blow?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Ullerm I'm currently training up for your Vexor at the same time as a gankalyst and Recons. What targets should I go for and what should I stay the hell away from?

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

darth cookie posted:

What was your finishing blow?

vulvamancer is actually Marlona's 15 year old niece. "Oh uncle marlona, a creepy man gave me bee stickers at the zoo! He said something about sending you his regards. It was horrible!"

Goonfleet: we have spies everywhere.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

just keep swimming
EVE Online: Late Nite Edition

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

goodness posted:

EVE Online: Late Nite Edition

That guy is really good. https://zkillboard.com/character/94038178/

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

just keep swimming

One of his only kills of course,

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

vulvamancer posted:

Unfortunately, they do have a tendency to come back. Apparently , the predictions that Infinity Ziona would not be able to quit and biomass properly were correct, and now he's back to be offended at the slightest provocation once more.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Tippis posted:

Unfortunately, they do have a tendency to come back. Apparently , the predictions that Infinity Ziona would not be able to quit and biomass properly were correct, and now he's back to be offended at the slightest provocation once more.

I don't generally like to contradict you (because I've seen what happens to people who do on the EVE-O forums :D) but last I recall that Infinity never promised to biomass all his characters, just a bunch of secondary accounts in protest to whatever got his panties in a bunch that last time.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

darth cookie posted:

I don't generally like to contradict you (because I've seen what happens to people who do on the EVE-O forums :D) but last I recall that Infinity never promised to biomass all his characters, just a bunch of secondary accounts in protest to whatever got his panties in a bunch that last time.

For the last spat, you're probably right. He did the same a couple of years ago, though, when I think he said outright that IZ would be mulched. People kept bringing it up again when he had his meltdown last year, so maybe he wised up and made sure not to promise that again… I mean, what if people started to perceive him as an untrustworthy blowhard! :v:

ApocalypseMeow
Mar 4, 2008

I love the smell of Catnip in the morning....Smells like Victory.
Oh man, the Brave counter-coup circle jerk is still going strong and producing more drama :munch:

Here's some propaganda featuring Lychton and adamnpatriot in case anyone hasn't seen it yet

I can't wait to see where this trainwreck ends up.

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

goodness posted:

One of his only kills of course,

Wow never seen such a red killboard ever. That guy has to quit eve. OR go mining, maybe he can fix his killboard by shooting rocks

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

grumplestiltzkin posted:

tbh the confessor seems better for teaching yourself ~elite solo pvp~. It pretty much has to get double webbed to die, so even if you goof chances are you can just moonwalk out. The svipul relies on not getting caught much more, and as a result will be a more expensive lossmail more often. Alternatively, just use a bunch of navy slicers. They're dirt cheap and fun as balls, and are great for learning manual piloting.

Slicers are loving awesome. I love them so much I even updated the wiki entry.

It also helps that they are very generously reimbursed for goons :3:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Drone posted:

The capital system has moved to YA0, at least until Fozziesov hits. Then it may be moving back to VFK, I heard somewhere.

This is definitely possible, depending on how new pos ends up.

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

ullerrm posted:

At the moment, the Svipul is a frigate-murdering chainsaw that pretty much everyone with half an ounce of sense will run from. It's not worth engaging one unless you've got double webs and the ability to both tank and deal at least 300dps. If you don't have all three of those, at best, you can drive it off, or alphastrike it if they're dumb and in a bubble.

The "changing modes" mechanic has been loving fantastic -- so much, in fact, that I hope they reuse it for the Tech3 cruiser rebalance.

thanks for the heads up. I think i am able to fly and fit one, will have to play around with it.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

drakegrim posted:

thanks for the heads up. I think i am able to fly and fit one, will have to play around with it.

It requires a separate skillbook. You either know that you're able to fit and fly one, or you can't fit and fly one.

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

CommonShore posted:

It requires a separate skillbook. You either know that you're able to fit and fly one, or you can't fit and fly one.

Yeah i think 10 days for the requirements for me, but i'm at "mastery 4" for it.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

drakegrim posted:

Yeah i think 10 days for the requirements for me, but i'm at "mastery 4" for it.

that ISIS mastery system is retarded. It just kinda measures secondary skills and ignores the actual hull skills. So that means you have good small projectile and support skills.

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

CommonShore posted:

that ISIS mastery system is retarded. It just kinda measures secondary skills and ignores the actual hull skills. So that means you have good small projectile and support skills.

ahh, so people don't really go off the mastery system then? This was not around when i played, but it seemed fairly decent because it has most of the required skills that one would need to successfully fly a ship

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

drakegrim posted:

ahh, so people don't really go off the mastery system then? This was not around when i played, but it seemed fairly decent because it has most of the required skills that one would need to successfully fly a ship

I have mastery zero for a scimitar and oneiros because I can't use a hull repper...

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

I have mastery zero for a scimitar and oneiros because I can't use a hull repper...

whaaa? that's the most important skill in the game :\ lol... i see your point

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

lol look at this scrub that can't use remote hull reps :pwn:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I also just got around to training logi.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

drakegrim posted:

It's ok for helping new players figure out what skills they should train to better fly the ships that they have, to a point. That's about it.

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

CommonShore posted:

It's ok for helping new players figure out what skills they should train to better fly the ships that they have, to a point. That's about it.

The mastery system for shield stuff is a bit hosed with it constantly looking for you to train the almost completely pointless Shield Compensation skills to get beyond level 2 for any shield ships.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

WhoNeedsAName posted:

The mastery system for shield stuff is a bit hosed with it constantly looking for you to train the almost completely pointless Shield Compensation skills to get beyond level 2 for any shield ships.

yeah that's one of the things that made me qualify the claim with "to a point"

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

WhoNeedsAName posted:

Do these have any benefit at all?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

The mastery levels are all just "do you have this related skill at IV? No? Mastery level III."

I think the mastery system could do with a shift away from levels and more into roles. Give each ship a number of roles its most often used for and then give it three qualifiers based on your levels. You could sort categories by logi and find all the logi ships, pick the burst and see you have the basic requirements for logi (level I). If you get the important skills to IV you qualify for proficient and if you get them all to V you're master qualified.

Role levels would be based only on the hull skills and most related skills such as remote reps for logi, navigation and web/scram skills for fast tackle. They could create different mastery categories for support skills like navigation, fitting, science and so on.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Bilirubin posted:

Do these have any benefit at all?

Only for passive hardeners, so really only EM ever gets used, because it's the shield resistance hole, and it's used in incursions. I guess Kin/therm passives get used sometimes for guristas complexes which neut.

Explosive shield compensation is a literally useless skill, since I've never heard of anyone fitting a passive explosive shield hardener for any (good) reason.

ed. Just to clarify, the armor ones aren't useless because they benefit the energized adaptive nano membrane, for which shield has no equivalent, which is one of the things which differentiate shield and armor tanking (i.e. shield gets frontloaded reps, but armor gets eanm)

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
On my Triage Carrier I will switch to passive resist modules if there's heavy neut pressure but that's really the only place I've had use for them.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!
Do the skills still give a benefit with active hardeners that aren't activated? I thought I remembered them doing that. E.g. Your adaptive invul got switched off, with good shield comp skills you'd still get 5-7% resistance from it.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

Dr. Pangloss posted:

Do the skills still give a benefit with active hardeners that aren't activated? I thought I remembered them doing that. E.g. Your adaptive invul got switched off, with good shield comp skills you'd still get 5-7% resistance from it.

That was removed at some point.

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

Dr. Pangloss posted:

Unlike the Armour ones, they don't any more. I have seen a few gimicky/ratting fits that use the passive hardeners and, as Zephyrine mentioned earlier, they're useful if you're getting neuted.

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

Dr. Pangloss posted:

that was around back then, i noticed they did remove it. not sure when, had to be when i wasnt playing

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

WhoNeedsAName posted:

Unlike the Armour ones, they don't any more. I have seen a few gimicky/ratting fits that use the passive hardeners and, as Zephyrine mentioned earlier, they're useful if you're getting neuted.

if i remember correctly, and keep me honest, they were geared towards worm hole pve and all that poo poo. Not sure if people still run worm holes anymore.

Txxt
Dec 11, 2004

drakegrim posted:

if i remember correctly, and keep me honest, they were geared towards worm hole pve and all that poo poo. Not sure if people still run worm holes anymore.

Yes and yes.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
When did the small bonus on inactive active shield mods get removed, and why?

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

drakegrim posted:

They're used in Incursions too, so your tank doesn't completely collapse under heavy neuting

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

pseudanonymous posted:

They're used in Incursions too, so your tank doesn't completely collapse under heavy neuting

I thought the point in incursions is to kill everything before neuts are a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Ynglaur posted:

When did the small bonus on inactive active shield mods get removed, and why?

Looks like they were removed at the beginning of 2013, because CCP "doesn't like dual function modules".

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=198672

• Locked thread