Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Aston posted:

Would K Rool draw from his appearance in DK64? I, for one, say yes.

There are plenty of things to pull moves from for K. Rool. I'm sure much of his moveset will be inspired by his boxing persona in '64.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Aston posted:

Would K Rool draw from his appearance in DK64? I, for one, say yes.

The Punch-Out psuedo rep we both need and deserve.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

mabels big day posted:

There are plenty of things to pull moves from for K. Rool. I'm sure much of his moveset will be inspired by his boxing persona in '64.

I was more thinking about his Smash Persona but sure I guess he could get moves from there too.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Each of King K Rool's alternate colors will be a different persona, including several new ones.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

codenameFANGIO posted:

Each of King K Rool's alternate colors will be a different persona, including several new ones.

Yes. Boxing could definitely be most of his A moves, with the specials representing his DKC personas and maybe something based on his Mayan getup from Mario Super Sluggers.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

The clear choice is to vote for the polar bear from muscle march.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I'm bad and can't get enough Crazy Orders to unlock ROB.

I got to Crazy hand once but it also had two Rosalinas and they just comboed me to death whilst laughing.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Dizz posted:

I'm bad and can't get enough Crazy Orders to unlock ROB.

I got to Crazy hand once but it also had two Rosalinas and they just comboed me to death whilst laughing.

Learn the basics with Bowser Jr. to get you through most of Crazy Orders and then just spam his up special to thoroughly destroy him until satisfaction has occurred.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I've been meaning to pick up Bowser Jr. and Mega Man. I guess now's a better time than any.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
If you want a good tip for Bowser Jr., his down air is really easy to chain into combos and when you use his up special, the explosion from your car knocks enemies towards you so you can hit them with your hammer.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

After being exposed to Xenoblade I voted for Shulk

I want another shulk

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

After being exposed to Xenoblade I voted for Shulk

I want another shulk

Very well

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
With Anyone For Fun at 2 in the morning is dumb and amazing.

Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say.

Better love story than Twilight.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Mewtwo draws nearer... I can feel it.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

mewtwo and I are psychically linked and he's telling me to get ready for diddy's new super-armor on every move

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Ruggington posted:

mewtwo and I are psychically linked and he's telling me to get ready for diddy's new super-armor on every move

I don't believe these cowboy claims. This is serious.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ruggington posted:

Fortunately they're turning every Luma attack into a hit grab to compensate

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Countblanc posted:

what has happened to you

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Countblanc posted:

Nice avatar!

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Reiley posted:

Mewtwo draws nearer... I can feel it.

It will be my new main

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

TheKingofSprings posted:

what has happened to you

Someone got mad at an Opinion and bought this, but wasn't considerate enough to buy red text along with it so now it's just a lovely artifacted picture

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Countblanc posted:

Someone got mad at an Opinion and bought this, but wasn't considerate enough to buy red text along with it so now it's just a lovely artifacted picture

it fits you better than your old av

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Countblanc posted:

It's pretty funny, you should thank them

I can confirm that mewtwo likes it

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Apr 12, 2015

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading
I know Little Mac ain't that great overall, but I don't get the thought process that led to giving him a one hit KO. As far as I can tell, it cannot even be beaten out of him and it lasts like twenty seconds. It makes matches lovely by either making the opponent have to hop around avoiding him for the duration of the powerup or by letting him kill opponents when they are at ~15% with an easy to land attack.

Also it really sucks how, on top of how overpowered playing defensively generally is, they for some reason decided to buff the living poo poo out of all the counter moves and double the amount of them. You have to play all pensively against Shulk because if you Smash into a counter, he can kill you at like 40%.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

if you hit mac pretty much at all he loses the ko punch

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Yeah that ko punch does not last 20 seconds.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Whatev posted:

I know Little Mac ain't that great overall, but I don't get the thought process that led to giving him a one hit KO. As far as I can tell, it cannot even be beaten out of him and it lasts like twenty seconds. It makes matches lovely by either making the opponent have to hop around avoiding him for the duration of the powerup or by letting him kill opponents when they are at ~15% with an easy to land attack.

Also it really sucks how, on top of how overpowered playing defensively generally is, they for some reason decided to buff the living poo poo out of all the counter moves and double the amount of them. You have to play all pensively against Shulk because if you Smash into a counter, he can kill you at like 40%.
Counters are super punishable and require a hard read. Predictability will get you super killed. They're a little annoying to have to play around, but so are grabs and basically anything else that can easily punish you.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My favorite thing is holding my smash attack when they have their counter up, charging it, and then releasing when the counter has just finished.

This is not my friend's most favorite thing though.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Projectiles are the bigger issue with the defensive gameplay, not counters.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I tend not to use counters much.

Unless it's Shulk's custom counter :getin:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Shields/Air Dodging are the bigger issue with the defensive gameplay, not counters.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I mean yeah, this too, but the fact that some characters can pressure opponents into approaching (since the player who doesn't approach has the advantage) is obnoxious.

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading

FactsAreUseless posted:

Counters are super punishable and require a hard read. Predictability will get you super killed. They're a little annoying to have to play around, but so are grabs and basically anything else that can easily punish you.
Counters don't make you lose and you'll get your rear end kicked if you're abusing them. None of the characters with counters are even especially great. They're annoying because they buttress the game's tendency to reward you for playing defensively and waiting for your opponent to make themselves vulnerable with a blocked/mistimed attack or landing lag instead of outright pursuing them.

Tinkering around with Little Mac, the charged power meter does definitely last about 20 seconds if you don't get hit. I am confused with how it works, though. Sometimes you'll lose it to a basic attacks, other times you'll get smashed to your untimely death but don't actually lose it. It might be easier to lose the longer you've had it or something.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Can you still go into counter battles where the first one to time it wrong goes flying into space?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Blackheart posted:

Can you still go into counter battles where the first one to time it wrong goes flying into space?

Nope. Nobody can get out of the ending animation of a counter fast enough to counter a counter-counter.

You can do reflect battles as people with reflectors or pocket battles as two Villagers though. It's fun to cut down a tree and see who goofs up pocketing it first.

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

Whatev posted:

Tinkering around with Little Mac, the charged power meter does definitely last about 20 seconds if you don't get hit. I am confused with how it works, though. Sometimes you'll lose it to a basic attacks, other times you'll get smashed to your untimely death but don't actually lose it. It might be easier to lose the longer you've had it or something.

Little Mac gets 6 seconds where his K.O. punch cannot be removed. After that, any attack with knockback will do it.

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading

Ptarmigans posted:

Little Mac gets 6 seconds where his K.O. punch cannot be removed. After that, any attack with knockback will do it.
Ah, well there you go. Not that you really see Little Mac much anymore.

And yeah, counters are not an issue on the whole. The crazy power of shields and dodges are what dick the game over. It's just that, in addition to that, they buffed counters too. Like it was necessary to punish aggressive play and the slower, hard hitting characters a wee bit more. That was an annoying thing to do!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Shulk has the only good counter in the game. Marth's is only kind of not bad. Everyone else's is bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Whatev posted:

Ah, well there you go. Not that you really see Little Mac much anymore.

And yeah, counters are not an issue on the whole. The crazy power of shields and dodges are what dick the game over. It's just that, in addition to that, they buffed counters too. Like it was necessary to punish aggressive play and the slower, hard hitting characters a wee bit more. That was an annoying thing to do!

Sakurai's vision is a world where everyone has Shulk's vision

• Locked thread