Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

kloa posted:

I haven't read Dune. Should I buy this y/n
buy it here first and read it to see if you like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

For my birthday.

squeee
Apr 23, 2009

the thrill of the chase.

wasp_f15ing posted:

I got the below edition City of God for £39.99 reduced from £99.99

This is amazing. :swoon:

I got..

and

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Flaggy posted:

For my birthday.
The Venom one is rad.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

wasp_f15ing posted:

Purchased, and awaiting delivery of this beauty.

DUDE

colas
Feb 14, 2007

quote:

I must not dude. Dude is the mind-killer. Dude is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my Dude. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when my Dude is gone I will turn and face Dude's path, and only I will remain.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

squeee posted:

This is amazing. :swoon:

I got..

and

i like those shoes

_Loser_
Dec 8, 2005

Gaymu for Teemu
gently caress. That copy of Dune was an insta-purchase. I just looked down and my credit card was out.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I don't think there's a tour poster, but a ticket to see these guys in early May :rock:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I don't think there's a tour poster, but a ticket to see these guys in early May :rock:

Sleep Oopesmoher, awesome!

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
lol if you don't know one of the coolest albums of all time

colas
Feb 14, 2007

I love the artwork, it makes me want to watch Heavy Metal again.

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Flaggy posted:

For my birthday.

Where from?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

muike posted:

lol if you don't know one of the coolest albums of all time

Educate us uninformed plebes then. More of us might purchase the album!

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIw7oeZKpZc

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Because I'm worth it:

Why yes, I did pay $10.00 extra to have my name engraved on the heel.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

blarzgh posted:

Because I'm worth it:

Why yes, I did pay $10.00 extra to have my name engraved on the heel.

Nice, I have a 588 oil finish and love it.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Bobby Digital posted:

Nice, I have a 588 oil finish and love it.

Am I going to get as much backspin as that circular cross-hatch pattern promises me?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
My shirt came in today.

:buddy:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

VendaGoat posted:

My shirt came in today.

:buddy:

Go land crabs!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

kloa posted:

I haven't read Dune. Should I buy this y/n

You can probably get a paperback for 2 dollars with all the same letters inside and way nicer to hold up and read.

knows a black guy
Jun 18, 2005

Flaggy posted:

For my birthday.

Are you in or around Denver? I saw these and a bunch more in an ice cream shop in Longmont today and the guy behind the counter said they came from a Denver artist.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I had to buy checks because I'm apparently a grown-up now.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Coffee And Pie posted:

I had to buy checks because I'm apparently a grown-up now.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
It's weird to me that americans still use cheques, I've never used one in my life and haven't seen my parents use one since the 90s

e: for transactions that aren't thousands of dollars

strap on revenge has a new favorite as of 08:47 on Apr 12, 2015

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

strap on revenge posted:

It's weird to me that americans still use cheques, I've never used one in my life and haven't seen my parents use one since the 90s

It's not all Americans. The only thing I've used a check for in the past several years is giving a voided one to an employer when I started a job.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

strap on revenge posted:

I was thinking the same, the last time I used to used cheques was on eBay and Yahoo Auctions before paypal was a thing.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

Buy good earplugs if you haven't already. Last time they were here, I saw some people try to do without and they were visibly in pain through the whole set.

Needed a new jacket for warmer weather.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Metanaut posted:

Buy good earplugs if you haven't already. Last time they were here, I saw some people try to do without and they were visibly in pain through the whole set.
Aw poo poo, alright :ohdear: Thanks for the tip!

I saw Swans like a week ago and stood right by the stage and my ears hurt a bit during that. I probably shouldn't purposely try to go deaf as much as possible.

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

quote:
I must not dude. Dude is the mind-killer. Dude is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my Dude. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when my Dude is gone I will turn and face Dude's path, and only I will abide.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Aw poo poo, alright :ohdear: Thanks for the tip!

I saw Swans like a week ago and stood right by the stage and my ears hurt a bit during that. I probably shouldn't purposely try to go deaf as much as possible.

Get some musician ones for about $15, their effect is amazing as they knock out the reverb and lower the overall volume but all frequencies are clear so you effectively hear everything better than without. And the bass will still kick your chest in so you lose nothing except ear pain after it's over.

Going to bed without the 'EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE' in your ears is the best thing ever.

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005

88h88 posted:

Get some musician ones for about $15, their effect is amazing as they knock out the reverb and lower the overall volume but all frequencies are clear so you effectively hear everything better than without. And the bass will still kick your chest in so you lose nothing except ear pain after it's over.

Going to bed without the 'EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE' in your ears is the best thing ever.

What?

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

strap on revenge posted:

I really like to use them to pay rent and I'm canadian. As far as I know, most people here use them to pay rent and to give money as a gift for birthdays and such. That's pretty much the only time I see them used. You pay rent by transfering money from your account directly to the landlord I suppose?

KingColliwog has a new favorite as of 13:43 on Apr 12, 2015

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

KingColliwog posted:

You pay rent by transfering money from your account directly to the landlord I suppose?

I wish. I have to use a check. At one point they were going to offer us a chance to pay online. For a $10 "convenience fee". Every month. I can buy a lot of checks for that.

I also have to pay my water bill by check because the city is living in the past and refuses to get with the program. Hilariously, there is a local business that allows you pay the water bill online.

For a fee.

AND a percentage of the bill.

People use this service.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I receive cheques for amounts in the thousands of pounds every week at work. Just because people who grew up with bank cards don't use them, doesn't mean they're rare (even if the banks would like them to be).

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I use checks when I go places full of obnoxious people

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Normal ear protection plugs from the hardware store dampen different frequencies at different rates. They will generally make music sound muffled. There are special ear plugs aimed at musicians that attempt to dampen all frequencies equally, protecting you while keeping music enjoyable.

The Etymotic Research ER20 are an often recommended, cheap and decent entry level option.

What he's saying is that he's enjoying using something like that going to concerts and not coming home with early onset tinnitus.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

PCOS Bill posted:

I use checks when I go places full of obnoxious people

What do you do with checks at your family reunion?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
I use checks, ride bicycles and buy vinyl, am i a hipster?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

TraderStav posted:

I use checks, ride bicycles and buy vinyl, am i a hipster?
If you have to ask