Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Boon posted:

I mean...

I play Warhammer. So... :orks101:

I knew this was the right choice for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Boon posted:

I mean...

I play Warhammer. So... :orks101:

Imperial Guard for life.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Nick Soapdish posted:

Imperial Guard for life.

Imperial Guard are just Gue'vesa who have not yet embraced the Greater Good.
Soon, all shall know the ways of the Tau and the galaxy will be at peace.

Please deposit your gonads in the receptor gue'la before being issued your pulse rifle.

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

Vriess posted:

Imperial Guard are just Gue'vesa who have not yet embraced the Greater Good.
Soon, all shall know the ways of the Tau and the galaxy will be at peace.

Please deposit your gonads in the receptor gue'la before being issued your pulse rifle.

necrons will devour your souls

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

U.S. Navy: Tappin' our mana like we tappin' your bitch.

Akula Raskolnikova
May 12, 2013
So I'm a student at NMC Portsmouth right now, and since the Comfort went out last month, everyone has been saying that we were going to get stationed here after graduation. With an incredible lack of foresight, the C-school I'm in has been sending half of the graduating classes here for months now, so the lab is 90% E-3 and below. NMCP has asked that no students be assigned here for the next six months, so suddenly I actually have a choice in where I go.

My question is, what is the best duty station on the east coast, keeping in mind that I'll probably work at a clinic or hospital, and ships or Marine units are out of the question. I'm from the desert, so I'd like to go further northeast where there is snow and a real fall, but what are/were your favorite assignments?

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
ayyyy-yo 5am posts

Gray Matter
Apr 20, 2009

There's something inside your head..

Navy Thread: an incredible lack of foresight

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
This is the GROUND FLOOR of early morning posting GET IN now !!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Nwabudike Morgan posted:

This is the GROUND FLOOR of early morning posting GET IN now !!

Nothing to post about. Lazy sunday morning. No duty. Raining. Roommate wont leave so I cant jerk off without getting sappered. Sigh.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

Nothing to post about. Lazy sunday morning. No duty. Raining. Roommate wont leave so I cant jerk off without getting sappered. Sigh.

Rip in piss

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
You can tell you're still new to the navy because you still give a gently caress if someone is in the room while you whack it.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
That's something you shouldn't give a gently caress about before joining the Navy

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Akula Raskolnikova posted:

So I'm a student at NMC Portsmouth right now, and since the Comfort went out last month, everyone has been saying that we were going to get stationed here after graduation. With an incredible lack of foresight, the C-school I'm in has been sending half of the graduating classes here for months now, so the lab is 90% E-3 and below. NMCP has asked that no students be assigned here for the next six months, so suddenly I actually have a choice in where I go.

My question is, what is the best duty station on the east coast, keeping in mind that I'll probably work at a clinic or hospital, and ships or Marine units are out of the question. I'm from the desert, so I'd like to go further northeast where there is snow and a real fall, but what are/were your favorite assignments?

Navy Thread: Ships are out of the question

Akula Raskolnikova
May 12, 2013

krispykremessuck posted:

Navy Thread: Ships are out of the question

Not only am I a corpsman, I'm also a lab tech. So, there are only 20 of us total in the fleet. And they're all PO2+, so I'm not going to get a ship. It would be pretty awful from what I'm told, so I'm content working 7-4 at a clinic somewhere.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Agreed, you will hand out Motrin on a ship

Akula Raskolnikova
May 12, 2013

maffew buildings posted:

Agreed, you will hand out Motrin on a ship

Truthfully, being a lab tech isn't the most intellectually stimulating job, but it's better than being a regular corpsman. I get a civilian certification out of it, and its basically an easy button to the Navy. No duty, no watch. Most clinic labs don't have organized PT, and nights and weekend are free for the most part. The biggest downside is that I'm still a corpsman, so lovely advancement.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Not only am I a corpsman, I'm also a lab tech. So, there are only 20 of us total in the fleet. And they're all PO2+, so I'm not going to get a ship. It would be pretty awful from what I'm told, so I'm content working 7-4 at a clinic somewhere.

it was a joke you fuckin autist

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

Pearl Harbor is pretty loving sweet. the women here suck tho. idk man, california? gently caress the east coast navy, too try hard. execept florida, huge hospitals in Pensacola. yeah deff go to pensacola. again, gently caress the northeast. . . and the northwest. . . .

Arione fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Apr 12, 2015

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Truthfully, being a lab tech isn't the most intellectually stimulating job, but it's better than being a regular corpsman. I get a civilian certification out of it, and its basically an easy button to the Navy. No duty, no watch. Most clinic labs don't have organized PT, and nights and weekend are free for the most part. The biggest downside is that I'm still a corpsman, so lovely advancement.

Jesus you're a dork man

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
come to west coast or as I like to call it "hands in pockets dude-man navy"

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

Nwabudike Morgan posted:

come to west coast or as I like to call it "hands in pockets dude-man navy"

a sailor with cold hands and warm pockets is a loving retard

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

His smile; it shines in the darkest of depths. There is hope yet.
They be saying ADM Richardson is a favorite for next CNO. Do we really want another submariner running the Navy? I understand that he will bring technical expertise to the table during the Ohio replacement discussion/planning/procurement but I feel like we need someone more broad in experience.

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

Howard Phillips posted:

They be saying ADM Richardson is a favorite for next CNO. Do we really want another submariner running the Navy? I understand that he will bring technical expertise to the table during the Ohio replacement discussion/planning/procurement but I feel like we need someone more broad in experience.

better than an aviator or a swo....

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

Arione posted:

better than an aviator or a swo....

but what about ma girl howard?

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

Howard Phillips posted:

because I want even more SAPR training. . . no

My pick would be ADM Harris. or ADM McRaven

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Howard Phillips posted:

I puked in my mouth a little.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
When do we get rid of current mcpon and cpo365 with it?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Any reservists who have volunteered for active duty in here?

Analogical
May 20, 2013

EEOD? Why not, I could use a break from work

:911:

LingcodKilla posted:

Any reservists who have volunteered for active duty in here?

Awww, your heart melting?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Analogical posted:

Awww, your heart melting?

Uh... Hrm. Dont know how to answer that. I just want to talk to someone who can advise me or not feed me a ton of bullshit.

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
Anyone ever been stationed in lemoore? is it as bad as it looks?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Arione posted:

Pearl Harbor is pretty loving sweet. the women here suck tho.

yes they suck, lots of my dick. pussy is all over in hawaii its like the most easy place in the world to get laid without paying for it

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

The culture on Oahu is knock up/get knocked up and go on welfare, so you know they're good to go

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

ded posted:

yes they suck, lots of my dick. pussy is all over in hawaii its like the most easy place in the world to get laid without paying for it

if you dont mind loving a woman crossed between a walrus and an orangutang sure. go ahead... I like skinny white women....

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Arione posted:

... and the northwest. .

You shut your whore mouth.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Arione posted:

if you dont mind loving a woman crossed between a walrus and an orangutang sure. go ahead... I like skinny white women....

I am sorry that you have a hard time finding women. Perhaps you should try leaving the barracks, there are much better looking women off base.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Arione posted:

Are you like specifically going to hang out waianae side? Go downtown any day of the week. Find a tourist. Do her. Jeez maybe even an airforce chick.

Unless base housing is your thing then drown yourself in walrus pussy.

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

Laranzu posted:

drown yourself in walrus pussy.
:heysexy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

ded posted:

I am sorry that you have a hard time finding women. Perhaps you should try leaving the barracks, there are much better looking women off base.

:owned:

• Locked thread