Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

More I play xenoblade more I'm worried about X's cast sucking. I don't recall any game that let you customize your character making said custom character interesting plot wise.

Closest I can remember is Awakening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

More I play xenoblade more I'm worried about X's cast sucking. I don't recall any game that let you customize your character making said custom character interesting plot wise.

the one girl with ultra ~uguu~ anime eyes has already kind of doomed that game for me

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Honestly, I don't know if I should get Xenoblade. There's no demo for it either so I have no way of at least finding out if I'm mildly interested.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

TheKingofSprings posted:

the one girl with ultra ~uguu~ anime eyes has already kind of doomed that game for me

I think the game looks amazing but the character design is so so so so so so bad. I wish they looked more like its predecessor.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

Honestly, I don't know if I should get Xenoblade. There's no demo for it either so I have no way of at least finding out if I'm mildly interested.

if you're talking about the N3DS one then yes go buy it Xenoblade owns

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

TheKingofSprings posted:

if you're talking about the N3DS one then yes go buy it Xenoblade owns

Oh poo poo, sorry, got the Wii U and 3DS threads hosed up

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

People complain about the battery life of the gamepad and here I am wondering who has the time and energy to play video games for four hours in a row.

I've literally never had the gamepad battery die. :shrug:

gaming is for the young, old man

*kicks dust in ur face with motorcycle*

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Saints Row, bitches.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

noirstronaut posted:

it's a single player mmo

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

oddium posted:

it's a single player mmo

With a good story. But otherwise yeah

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Szmitten posted:

I think the game looks amazing but the character design is so so so so so so bad. I wish they looked more like its predecessor.

Yeah, good thing we can at least hide their designs in cool-rear end armors and make armor stores do better while anime cosplay stores crumble in our iron grip on the economy of Neo Los Angeles (if i read an old thing about how clothes works right)

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I made it through Phazon Mines in Metroid Prime today, jesus that was tough. Just such a long stretch until you find a save point, and annoying fights with the beam troopers. I was pleasantly surprised though when the Elite Pirates went down after a few super missiles to the face. :v:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

i am eagerly awaiting everyone complaining that xenoblade chronicles is too anime when it comes out

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

If you have not played Saint's Row you must play Saint's Row.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

i am eagerly awaiting everyone complaining that xenoblade chronicles is too anime when it comes out

It Is

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

don't play saints row they suck poo poo

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

let's ask shulk's literal robot childhood friend girlfriend her opinion on the matter

e: actual spoiler above

Cake Attack fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Apr 13, 2015

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

let's ask shulk's literal robot childhood friend girlfriend her opinion on the matter

that is also pretty anime and a thing I haven't got to yet

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

epitasis posted:

don't play saints row they suck poo poo

I was all for people playing it and then Taint Reaper agreed and now I'm sad :(

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

codenameFANGIO posted:

If it makes you feel better, he probably likes it for completely different reasons than you do.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

SatansBestBuddy posted:

If it makes you feel better, he probably likes it for completely different reasons than you do.

It does. :)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

codenameFANGIO posted:

you should play what you like and not care what other people think

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

you should play what you like and not care what other people think

Thank you.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

saint's row 2 is the only good one

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
Does anyone have experience with getting a NNID restored? I had a Wii U but sold is, now rebought it. I called nintendo about it and they said it would be 2-3 days (I made a new account and bought things on it before I realized it was an option to get it restored, so they have to go through the process of merging the two accounts which makes it take longer). My situation is a little weird but since I'm going to need to put a new NNID on it is it likely I'm going to lose my saves on this system when I restore the NNID? I don't want to start digging into Golden Sun if I'm going to lose my progress in two days.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

oddium posted:

2,3, and 4 are good all for different reasons.

2 needs like an HD remake at this point though.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

oddium posted:

This one speaks the truth.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Golashes posted:

Does anyone have experience with getting a NNID restored? I had a Wii U but sold is, now rebought it. I called nintendo about it and they said it would be 2-3 days (I made a new account and bought things on it before I realized it was an option to get it restored, so they have to go through the process of merging the two accounts which makes it take longer). My situation is a little weird but since I'm going to need to put a new NNID on it is it likely I'm going to lose my saves on this system when I restore the NNID? I don't want to start digging into Golden Sun if I'm going to lose my progress in two days.

Eh, I wouldn't, just to be safe. I don't know exactly how they do it, but when you System Transfer between machines, anything on the new system is replaced with what was on the old.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

oddium posted:

4 made me have lots of good feelings, but 2 is the best

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
So Xenoblade X looks awesome. Here's the last Japanese Direct, going over how Giant Robots Are loving Awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSE_l9baH2w

Also multiplayer which seems an awful lot like PSO?

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I like Lyn. She is a cool character and I will have her on my team when I play Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Pandora's Tower is out in Europe this week (but not the US, they're getting shafted on the same game twice over. Isn't it amazing). You probably didn't play it on the Wii so you should buy it now.

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!
I'm really glad I never played Windwaker until I got the HD version. This is the cutest game I've ever seen. :3:

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
drat xenoblade x looks fuckin fat

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

whaley posted:

drat xenoblade x looks fuckin fat

Yeah, ever since they've announced it, this has been my "I didn't even know I wanted that" game. I'm not hugely into RPGs though, so I'm passing on Xenoblade Chronicles, because I don't think I can do two 100+ hour rpgs in the same year.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Fremry posted:

Yeah, ever since they've announced it, this has been my "I didn't even know I wanted that" game. I'm not hugely into RPGs though, so I'm passing on Xenoblade Chronicles, because I don't think I can do two 100+ hour rpgs in the same year.

Oh don't worry. A regular playthrough of XC's only about 70 hours :v:.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
This game will satiate my desire for giant robot battle action

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

SatansBestBuddy posted:

So Xenoblade X looks awesome. Here's the last Japanese Direct, going over how Giant Robots Are loving Awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSE_l9baH2w

Also multiplayer which seems an awful lot like PSO?

I haven't even played the first one and the yearning to play this has me feeling physically ill.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Why do they call giant awesome mech robots dolls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Cause anime

• Locked thread