Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Phosphia posted:

I'm not great at the game but I'm playing with people who get their first and only kill in the 17th round. Is that just how Silver 4 is?

Yeah that happens a lot in silver. It's kinda aggravating when it's a complete toss up if you'll get good teammates or not, especially since (being in silver) we aren't generally good enough to carry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Age is probably required to compete at the highest levels but at normal mortal levels of skill it probably doesn't matter.

Ephedra
Jan 5, 2010

Fight

->Jump<-

Item

Turk February posted:

What makes you think that Ephedra doesn't already do this?

Don't act like this isn't our special biweekly Saturday night.. Captain Turk.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

the more i play retakes the less i feel like i'm learning anything useful

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
So, fps_max. What's the deal with this? It's 300 by default, but I'm kind of thinking of dropping it down a bit for power consumption and heat reasons. Any reason not to do it?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
So I was playing this competitive mode thing and the guys I was playing with thought I was trolling them by being awful and then saw my 7 hours played and felt bad. Why would I get thrown into a game with high ranking people like that?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Asproigerosis posted:

So I was playing this competitive mode thing and the guys I was playing with thought I was trolling them by being awful and then saw my 7 hours played and felt bad. Why would I get thrown into a game with high ranking people like that?
So that the ranking system can rank you effectively. If it started you against lower ranks, that would screw you into being lower-ranked.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Kazinsal posted:

So, fps_max. What's the deal with this? It's 300 by default, but I'm kind of thinking of dropping it down a bit for power consumption and heat reasons. Any reason not to do it?

you're probably okay if you can have 150-ish steady.. as there's no big dips you're fine with 100+ and 150 gives you a nice buffer

your screen cant even output more than 60, 100, 120, 0r 144 depending on what you have, but its probably 60

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Yeah, I have a 60Hz PLS monitor because 144Hz IPS/PLS monitors are really goddamn expensive and colour accuracy is more important to me for some of the stuff that I do than high refresh rates. I'll probably get a 144Hz IPS once they come down in price.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Kazinsal posted:

Yeah, I have a 60Hz PLS monitor because 144Hz IPS/PLS monitors are really goddamn expensive and colour accuracy is more important to me for some of the stuff that I do than high refresh rates. I'll probably get a 144Hz IPS once they come down in price.

And once they come in 16x10.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
i have an old computer and monitor and im not getting poo poo else gently caress it

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub
Anyone else just play bots in CZ and then cry themselves to sleep?

RIP as_tundra

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Hello I quit playing for like 3 months and apparently Dignitas isn't Dignitas anymore and I somehow got to AK after being nova forever?

So my pro tip for you is to just quit.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Hello I quit playing for like 3 months and apparently Dignitas isn't Dignitas anymore
Old Dignitas = TSM = Good
New Dignitas = poo poo

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Is this thing where people bot to derank something that happens often? Just happened in a baby nova game.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Doing an overwatch case with a clear aimbotter/wallhacker/bhop script user, but I'm not sure what happens at about 0:50 into the video. I've seen it in videos, and it's pretty clearly an aimbot. Are the hacks somehow spoofing where the gun is pointing? You'd think it would need to move the gun at the very least. (the massive FPS drops are caused by me alt-tabbing)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVKaeeXnZy4

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

Elysiume posted:

Doing an overwatch case with a clear aimbotter/wallhacker/bhop script user, but I'm not sure what happens at about 0:50 into the video. I've seen it in videos, and it's pretty clearly an aimbot. Are the hacks somehow spoofing where the gun is pointing? You'd think it would need to move the gun at the very least. (the massive FPS drops are caused by me alt-tabbing)

i think silent aim works by not updating your viewangles to the server

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

What a crazy bhop script. Keeps you just below 300 speed so server doesnt slow you down I guess?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Elysiume posted:

Actually that's just standard MM reg

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
NaVi all in gently caress these frogs

Shox is ok though.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Pretty good & thorough smoke tutorial for dd2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq9_ORxjU38

It's a little unorthodox, you'll need a negev

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
flamie is young and fat and really fuckin good

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
:laffo: NBK jump scouting at dropdown. CS:GO is a dumb game.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I'm at Nova 2 and my games are easier when I play alone than when I queue with my silver friends (because of all the smurfs in silver) :allears:

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
the spectator camera guy constantly pointing his cursor at ui stuff is annoying

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I was sad that Deman left riot to ESL. But he makes these csgo games really fun to watch.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Ahhhh, it feels so good to finally be back to DMG.

Also, I do believe that is the very first shut-out I've had in MM. The only other one I've participated in was when Lou, Systane, Aww Yiss and I LAN'd a couple months ago, so it feels like I've finally gotten over the slump I was in for the past 6, 7 months.

I'm comin' for you next, Eagle!

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Geez, sometimes this game gets too intense. 16-14, 15-15, 14-16 in a row. I am mentally exhausted.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Bohemian Nights posted:

Geez, sometimes this game gets too intense. 16-14, 15-15, 14-16 in a row. I am mentally exhausted.

I can only play three games at most in a row before I stop because it's just exhausting to be on point all the time. Third game I usually bottom frag and get carried if I'm lucky.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Yeah, three games in a set seems to be about my limit as well.

I got a bit carried away while warming up for the next couple of games, though..

First time to four digits :v:

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I made Silver Elite Master a few weeks ago and I feel like I'll be stuck here for a while. It seems like there's a huge gap between here and the novas just in effective 'nade usage, positioning, and your opponents not doing stupid stuff. It doesn't help either that I can't awp to save my life. Game is hard.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Turk February posted:

So many of us ranked up last night after winning like 5 in a row, it was great

Badges for everyone!

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Ixtlilton posted:

I made Silver Elite Master a few weeks ago and I feel like I'll be stuck here for a while. It seems like there's a huge gap between here and the novas just in effective 'nade usage, positioning, and your opponents not doing stupid stuff. It doesn't help either that I can't awp to save my life. Game is hard.

As someone who just made GN1, the only thing keeping you from ranking up is the number of smurfs in your games. Keep at it, you'll get it.

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...

xsf421 posted:

As someone who just made GN1, the only thing keeping you from ranking up is the number of smurfs in your games. Keep at it, you'll get it.

wisdom

Turk February posted:

Also, I do believe that is the very first shut-out I've had in MM. The only other one I've participated in was when Lou, Systane, Aww Yiss and I LAN'd a couple months ago, so it feels like I've finally gotten over the slump I was in for the past 6, 7 months.

I'm comin' for you next, Eagle!

is this an alt account or do you just never mm?

Koala Cola fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Apr 12, 2015

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Apparition posted:

is this an alt account or do you just never mm?

I very rarely MM, cultivating in maybe three to five MM games per week. I mainly DM, ESEA, and goonman (don't play too many goonmans or else it makes you into a terrible player), but every once in a while if some friends/goons want to MM I'll oblige and join in. There was a solid year where I didn't even dare MM because I loathed it so much (64 tick, cheaters, pubbies with garbage attitudes, etc).

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

Ixtlilton posted:

I was thinking the same thing, but last night a miracle happened.

Just keep at it. I've clawed my way from Silver 1 to this point.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
HOW THE gently caress IS THIS COMFORTABLE?! HIS GUT IS BEING CRUSHED AGAINST THE TABLE!

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Turk February posted:

HOW THE gently caress IS THIS COMFORTABLE?! HIS GUT IS BEING CRUSHED AGAINST THE TABLE!

now that's a gamer, enough of these Titan pretty boys

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

Turk February posted:

PIECEPS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Guttian

• Locked thread