Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

pseudanonymous posted:

They're used in Incursions too, so your tank doesn't completely collapse under heavy neuting

good point, yeah seems like anything pve related

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

Dr. Pangloss posted:

Looks like they were removed at the beginning of 2013, because CCP "doesn't like dual function modules".

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=198672

what a loving shame, it was a pretty cool function

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

gwrtheyrn posted:

I thought the point in incursions is to kill everything before neuts are a problem.

Sure but maybe you want your 3b isk vindicator to not just explode if something weird happens.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

pseudanonymous posted:

Sure but maybe you want your 3b isk vindicator to not just explode if something weird happens.

Maybe you shouldn't fly a 3b isk vindicator :v:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
PL have released the logs we got from BNI leadership.

Doink's post on Zulu - http://forums.zulusquad.org/index.php?/topic/665-thus-spoke-brave-leadership/

Bonus logs of Elo's pickup game

quote:

Sunday, July 27, 2014: Elo Knight on his nеvеr ending quest to find virtuаl pussy

02:51:49 are34: o haі
02:51:50 Elo Knight: hey real quick
02:51:52 Elo Knight: are you a girl
02:51:58 Anna niedostepny: LОL
02:52:08 Anna niedostepny: Am i cute ?
02:52:12 Elo Knight: um
02:52:16 Elo Knight: i dunno how to say this
02:52:17 are34: i would bang anna
02:52:17 Elo Knight: but
02:52:22 Elo Knight: if I was making
02:52:24 Elo Knight: a cutie pie
02:52:27 Elo Knight: youd be the main ingredient
02:52:31 Vadeim Rizen: elo prefers the company of men

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Apr 12, 2015

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Unfunny Poster posted:

Doink's post on Zulu - http://forums.zulusquad.org/index.php?/topic/665-thus-spoke-brave-leadership/

Eww

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Unfunny Poster posted:

For even more Brave reading, Doink is compiling all the reddit mad posts and propaganda of the recent coup.

Warning: This is not bite sized

http://forums.zulusquad.org/index.php?/topic/662-the-brave-affair/

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In unrelated news, Orville Redenbacher have made millions over the past week.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.
So, uh, Fountain?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

pugnax posted:

So, uh, Fountain?

Bidding starts at 5T who wants it

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
Does this mean we're sending FA to that farm where it can play with all the animals. The same place we sent Old Yeler and Init?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Zephyrine posted:

Does this mean we're sending FA to that farm where it can play with all the animals. The same place we sent Old Yeler and Init?

FA lived in Pure Blind/Fade when I started playing, looks like everybody is getting rotated clockwise again.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Is fozzie sov really that bad?

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

Zephyrine posted:

nope, dreads might maybe get a real purpose, like actually ratting / plexing in them. fleet fights more diverse, marauders being useful in pvp.

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

Zephyrine posted:

I'm gonna say yes because I don't understand it any more than I understand the current system

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

Helpimscared posted:

I'm gonna say yes because I don't understand it any more than I understand the current system

current system, he with the most supers wins.

new system, he with supers cant kill the frigates stealing all your sov. better reship.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

Zephyrine posted:

"Everyone has to live in really dense empires now. We're leaving the extremely low number of people that a system can support the same, though."

And it only gets better from there.

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009
Whose sov will fountain core carrier rat in now?

you feelin fucky fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Apr 12, 2015

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Does someone have chart on what it takes to conquer a station in fozzie sov as opposed to now?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zephyrine posted:

Does someone have chart on what it takes to conquer a station in fozzie sov as opposed to now?

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos
anyone have an ishtar / domi alt they can sell me? I dont really care how many SP it has so long as it has all the fitting / drone skills. hell id consider a myrmidon alt so long as it has t2 heavy drones

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

CommonShore posted:

Only for passive hardeners, so really only EM ever gets used, because it's the shield resistance hole, and it's used in incursions. I guess Kin/therm passives get used sometimes for guristas complexes which neut.

Explosive shield compensation is a literally useless skill, since I've never heard of anyone fitting a passive explosive shield hardener for any (good) reason.

ed. Just to clarify, the armor ones aren't useless because they benefit the energized adaptive nano membrane, for which shield has no equivalent, which is one of the things which differentiate shield and armor tanking (i.e. shield gets frontloaded reps, but armor gets eanm)

Passive shield EM Wards get used for PvP too. Harpies and other frigate doctrines will use them to cover EM holes because the CPU and cap cost for an active hardener is more than they can handle, and Tengus will typically fit a passive hardener so they don't have a 0% EM hole under neut pressure.

This is still an incredibly fringe use and I wouldn't train the skill until I had a specific need for the module in question.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

It's a really short train to get it to 3 though. 6h is barely anything when it comes to training time, so it's still probably worth getting a couple ranks into unless you're just starting

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

gwrtheyrn posted:

It's a really short train to get it to 3 though. 6h is barely anything when it comes to training time, so it's still probably worth getting a couple ranks into unless you're just starting

Yes, but a fringe use even of a couple ranks shouldn't preclude your being considered capable of flying a shield tanked ship, but that's exactly what the in-game ISIS dealie suggests, which is what we're discussing here.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

CommonShore posted:

Yes, but a fringe use even of a couple ranks shouldn't preclude your being considered capable of flying a shield tanked ship, but that's exactly what the in-game ISIS dealie suggests, which is what we're discussing here.

I don't really think anyone has ever recommended strictly following any skill guides that have been in game because they always include useless poo poo. Certs were just as bad if not worse

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

gwrtheyrn posted:

I don't really think anyone has ever recommended strictly following any skill guides that have been in game because they always include useless poo poo. Certs were just as bad if not worse

which is what we're discussing here

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

gwrtheyrn posted:

I have literally never fit a passive shield hardener other than EM to anything, ever, and I probably never will.

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

i would say it helps give guidance to passive skills that are not used as requirements. IE: Armor layering... this skill is not required by anything else to my knowledge, but does give a bonus to mobility and sig. However, just reading over all the skills for your class will help accomplish an understanding of all passive skills. So mehh, guess ISIS is kind of retarded.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
I use ISIS to figure out what that really cool ship was I saw somewhere and what skills I need to fly that thing.

Then I check the MB and forget about it until the next cool ship comes along.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Voyager I posted:

I have literally never fit a passive shield hardener other than EM to anything, ever, and I probably never will.

Let's talk about MY RATTLESNAKE

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Zephyrine posted:

What is happening with FA? They're being moved out of Fountain or something?

Hexel posted:

FA lived in Pure Blind/Fade when I started playing, looks like everybody is getting rotated clockwise again.

FA was at its strongest while in Fade/Pure blind. Fountain is way too hardcore for them, so it might not be a bad thing for them to move out.

DanoTuka
Apr 8, 2015

Dalael posted:

What is happening with FA? They're being moved out of Fountain or something?

There was a ping earlier that mentioned us moving out of Fountain before FozzieSov. Anyone outside of Illum and trusted circles really doesn't understand what exactly that means.. but there's a ton of speculation and guessing. We're all just waiting for the CEO Update that is coming in the next few days.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Voyager I posted:

Kinetic amps occasionally see use on Broadswords.

Also, if you run anomalies in Serpentis space, you'll keep a few kin/therm passive hardeners around. A lot of the high-end Serpentis anomalies have multiple capital neut towers that will instantly cap you out, and keep you there until they die (or you do); a purger-fit Tengu with pithum resist amps works wonders there.

The real issue is that Minmatar T2 ships are the only shield ships that don't have EM holes -- and in their case, they have relatively few mids and relatively small kin holes, so you're better off filling it with a +kin shield rig and using those mids for tackle/prop/invulns.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

So should I continue to ignore these skills or just train them to three in case?

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!

darth cookie posted:

How so? I know there was some pretty thorough trolling by multiple parties during his CSM bid. What was your finishing blow?

I posted a thread to reddit with a screencap of him on failheap claiming that goons had put bees in his niece's backpack with threatening notes dedicated to him. This was immediately after a bunch of people were discrediting his CSM run. He credited me with being the straw that broke the camel's back and gave his assets away and biomassed the character.

The top comment from Kcolor is worth reading: http://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/2uxptw/in_honour_of_marlona_sky_dropping_csm_lets/

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

DanoTuka posted:

There was a ping earlier that mentioned us moving out of Fountain before FozzieSov. Anyone outside of Illum and trusted circles really doesn't understand what exactly that means.. but there's a ton of speculation and guessing. We're all just waiting for the CEO Update that is coming in the next few days.

The same reason we dumped delve/pb/q

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Love dunking on red loki fleets

miniluv best luv

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Bilirubin posted:

So should I continue to ignore these skills or just train them to three in case?

Train EM Shield Compensation to III or IV since we actively use that one and ignore the others. If you think of it in a market hub you can inject them and just leave them at zero so you don't have to go get a book in the unlikely event you ever fly a ship that requires them (which will probably be some incredibly focused ratting boat).

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Bilirubin posted:

Train EM Shield Compensation to 4, leave the rest at three.

Later, when you're 150M+ SP and have nothing better to train, train EM Shield Compensation to 5, leave the rest at 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DanoTuka
Apr 8, 2015

Foehammer007 posted:

The same reason we dumped delve/pb/q

Well, sure. The reasoning behind it is solid, too much Sov is not a good thing. What I meant was more along the lines of where the Southern CFC will end up.

There's a lot of space between Fountain and Tenal.

• Locked thread