Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Terrible Robot posted:

About how much of your day is spent fixing problems caused by Methy McWrench, would you say?

71.387% thus far. this is subject to change tomorrow.
another 15.928% is from the other idiot gently caress that punched a tree and broke his hand. His favorite is greasing carburetors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!

cursedshitbox posted:

the other idiot gently caress that punched a tree and broke his hand. His favorite is greasing carburetors.

Trees don't even yield when you crash into them with surprisingly large vehicles. What in the name of gently caress possessed someone to punch one? With their squishy, fleshy meathook hand? :psyduck:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Vanagoon posted:

Trees don't even yield when you crash into them with surprisingly large vehicles. What in the name of gently caress possessed someone to punch one? With their squishy, fleshy meathook hand? :psyduck:

drugs, alcohol, control issues, and a girlfriend.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

cursedshitbox posted:

Gearbox failure from work.

other dude stripped the drain...slowly drained itself till boom

What vehicle, out of curiosity?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Slavvy posted:

What vehicle, out of curiosity?

thats a piaggio 50cc 4t scooter drivetrain. They're stone reliable compared to the 150cc GY6 that is also operated.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

cursedshitbox posted:

thats a piaggio 50cc 4t scooter drivetrain. They're stone reliable compared to the 150cc GY6 that is also operated.

Well that explains the really bizarre scale of things I couldn't make sense of. I've never seen the inside of a scooter gearbox cause I was always too busy pointing and laughing to have time to work on my mates' ones,

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

cursedshitbox posted:

His favorite is greasing carburetors.

Makes the air flow faster. Duh.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Rectal Placenta posted:

Makes the air flow faster. Duh.

Waxing your modem, tryna make it go faster.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I bet you live in your parent's cellar.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Raluek posted:

Waxing your modem, tryna make it go faster.

Well they call it a surfboard, should work

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

tater_salad posted:

DOWNLOADING PICTURES OF SARAH MICHELLE GELLER

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
And postin' "Me too" like some braindead AOL-er.

Bass Ackwards
Nov 14, 2003

Anything can be used as a hammer if you try hard enough.
I should do the world a favour and cap you like ol' yeller.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
You're just about as useless as jpegs to Helen Keller.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Terrible Robot posted:

You're just about as useless as jpegs to Helen Keller.

Fine have a video then.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cXo0dF76uo

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Developing Smarter Mechanics.
Since 1989.

:catstare:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

What does wifey think about you using the love gloves for garage projects?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Adiabatic posted:

What does wifey think about you using the love gloves for garage projects?

jealousy.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Well, he is working on a loose rear end :heysexy:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

That's one of those weird three wheelers that I forget the name of, right? Looking at that massive flat spot I wonder why they have a bike tire in the rear and not a car tire. It's not like you're going to use much lean angle anyway.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Oh, China (I think.) http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=52e_1428818246 (liveleak, so :nws:)

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Looks like Thailand.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Thailand, hence the Thai flags.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I didn't realize those were loving power lines until he went to the other side of the road. Holy poo poo.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Are they actually power lines or some other utility?

FuzzKill
Apr 1, 2005

Snuff the punk.

Fifty Three posted:

It looks like the ones running through the stairs and the low ones on the other side are cable or telecom and the (slightly) higher ones with the orange insulators are for power.

How did they get the wires through the handrail?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

FuzzKill posted:

How did they get the wires through the handrail?

Well, since that is a new construction, the wires were probably there before the stairs were. So I'd guess they just poured the concrete around them, and then built the handrails around them.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Fifty Three posted:

Good point, if it's just the cable line that's totally cool.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

The orange insulated ones are definitely distribution-voltage power lines (they wouldn't need insulation if they were comms, and you don't see lines that beefy outside of at least neighborhood distribution lines - in the US, those would probably be 13.2kV). The lower ones are communications.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
I would guess that those cables are probably old and going to be replaced with something underground, and the building of the overpass just ended up ahead of the schedule of the cable replacement for some dumb bureaucratic reason, so the builders of the overpass just improvised the best they can to meet deadlines. Later on they can just pull the wires out and patch up the concrete right?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Throatwarbler posted:

I would guess that those cables are probably old and going to be replaced with something underground, and the building of the overpass just ended up ahead of the schedule of the cable replacement for some dumb bureaucratic reason, so the builders of the overpass just improvised the best they can to meet deadlines. Later on they can just pull the wires out and patch up the concrete right?

Please don't take offense at this; but I am laughing at this suggestion.

Not because what you said isn't perfectly sensible, but because I know Thailand and it is entirely probable that the cables will never be moved. It would require both the power company and the telephone company (both monopolies) to use their brains.

This is a country where they spent 43 years planning a new airport and it still sank into the swamp that it was built on.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
"This is Thailand" is a beautiful expression

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

spog posted:

Please don't take offense at this; but I am laughing at this suggestion.

Not because what you said isn't perfectly sensible, but because I know Thailand and it is entirely probable that the cables will never be moved. It would require both the power company and the telephone company (both monopolies) to use their brains.

This is a country where they spent 43 years planning a new airport and it still sank into the swamp that it was built on.

Pretty much the entire country is Jerry rigged.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Das Volk posted:

Pretty much the entire country is Jerry rigged.

Just like India. We saw some absolutely amazing bodge-jobs while down there :stare:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

KozmoNaut posted:

Just like India. We saw some absolutely amazing bodge-jobs while down there :stare:

Memento.
Average power pole, Ho Chi Minh city, 2012.
Digital camera.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Memento posted:

Memento.
Average power pole, Ho Chi Minh city, 2012.
Digital camera.

That's cute.

These are not my photos. I saw much worse in Kolkata, including literal bird nests.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

NYC didn't look a ton better about 130 years ago.

http://gizmodo.com/19th-century-new-york-was-covered-in-an-insane-web-of-t-5987564

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
So for the two of you not on facebook, I present:

HERE I AM, RACK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE

Baseplate weld is cracked

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

I just... I can't... drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
When I first started out I worked at pepboys. My first day there I have a GMC 3500 van. Only rack open was the alignment rack. I was new and stupid so I tried to pull it in by myself. Cue to the RF tire falling off the one side and blowing out. To my luck the manager convinced the customer to buy three more and he would buy the fourth. I thought that was bad...BUT drat an alignment head like that means :homebrew: enjoy either working there till hes poor or never at another fire stone again.