Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The right is far better at hiding their racism than hiding their misogyny. This should be an interesting campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

How does this stack up against Randpaul or Cruz?

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

And Hillary must have announced, because the amount of Benghazi memes on Facebook just skyrocketed.

I cannot wait for the insane, howling mess the GOP is going to turn into this election. Oh boy oh boy oh boy

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Edible Hat posted:

The right is far better at hiding their racism than hiding their misogyny. This should be an interesting campaign.

For real, plus it seems like it will be more off-putting to potential R voters...middle aged and older white women, then the racism was.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Concerned Citizen posted:

He works for Microsoft. Remember the "Scroogled" campaign? That was Penn.

Hmmm

How will Microsoft pay Hillary to take back Mark Penn?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

I cannot wait for the insane, howling mess the GOP is going to turn into this election. Oh boy oh boy oh boy
The GOP couldn't quite cross the N-Word bridge during Obama's term... But I can almost guarantee they're going to run across oval office Crossing a few times. . . especially greasy fucks like that smarmy leprechaun up there.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

FilthyImp posted:

The GOP couldn't quite cross the N-Word bridge during Obama's term... But I can almost guarantee they're going to run across oval office Crossing a few times. . . especially greasy fucks like that smarmy leprechaun up there.

Someone buy DaysSinceARepublicanCalledAWomanABitch.com and start the clock.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
It's the video he put out back in November. Somebody wants attention. :smith:

Series DD Funding
Nov 25, 2014

by exmarx

Edible Hat posted:

The Dem misogyny against Palin didn't have much of an effect.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Hang on, Karl Rove is saying that Hillary can't win without appearing above ambition.

http://www.rove.com/articles/578

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Michael Scott posted:

Is everyone ready for Hillary? I am.

No, but I'm ready for Bill as First Laddie.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Series DD Funding posted:

The Dem misogyny against Palin didn't have much of an effect.

I don't recall a significant amount of misogyny related to Palin, just Palin making one idiotic blunder / gaffe / failed interview after another and people calling McCain out for picking her as a hail mary instead of a more qualified candidate. Most women, Dem and Repub, that I knew hated her guts.

eternalname
Nov 25, 2014

I have a strange feeling...that people are having sex...and it's not with me
I'm so hard for this election

You just know its going to be amazing

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Joementum posted:

It's the video he put out back in November. Somebody wants attention. :smith:

I take it the 8 people who favorited that are his family members?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Can Bill legally run be vice president? Or Secretary of State?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

whatever7 posted:

No. Yes.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

whatever7 posted:

Can Bill legally run be vice president?

Maybe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vice_President_of_the_United_States#Disqualifications)

whatever7 posted:

Or Secretary of State?

No (https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/5/3110)

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Huh. Didn't know that. Must have been changed after (and perhaps because of) the JFK / RFK situation.

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Joementum posted:

Huh. Didn't know that. Must have been changed after (and perhaps because of) the JFK / RFK situation.

Exactly why

Young Hegelian
Aug 27, 2012

whatever7 posted:

"Section 1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President when this article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term." Amend XXII

Bill would not be "elected" to the office of the President if he was VP and the sitting President was impeached or resigned. So legally maybe? Its certainly unrealistic. I would also get that the Supreme Court would interpret the intent of the Amendment to mean that you can't have three terms, not that you can't be elected a third time. Again, we're talking about weird unrealistic hypos.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

RFK's law!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Her logo reminds me of the poodle dressed as uncle sam, and I suddenly feel somebody else will announce soon, but who?

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

FAUXTON posted:

Was that made in MSPaint or something because it's all hosed up from compression.

Teddybear posted:

This is a screenshot of a screen grab from Twitter I saved to my phone and re uploaded to imgur, so yeah, it's probably not the greatest quality. Print it out and take a Polaroid and you've got peak nineties Clinton going on.
Hillary (or whoever designed the website) is apparently tech-savvy enough to use a png, so have the non-artifacted one straight from her website to imgur:

You know for all of the Obama team's tech-saviness, they still used a jpg rather than a png for that Bibi trolling image on the White House website, so even at the source it was already jpg artifacted before it got copied to twitter et al.

Hillary Clinton 2016: tech-savvy enough to use png images.

fade5 fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Apr 12, 2015

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I don't want Bill Clinton with any official duties beyond having a bunch of free time on his hands and the ability to be on any talk show in minutes.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So what's the most official position Bill can hold in the Hillary administration, special envoy to North Korean?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

whatever7 posted:

So what's the most official position Bill can hold in the Hillary administration, special envoy to North Korean?

FHotUS

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

whatever7 posted:

Troller in Chief

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

gently caress Hillary for the United States?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

whatever7 posted:

First Lady

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

whatever7 posted:

gently caress Hillary for the United States?

Think that's Fox's job.

Just a reminder that the GOP doesn't hate minorities or women, it just has a branding problem.

Series DD Funding
Nov 25, 2014

by exmarx

ElrondHubbard posted:

I don't recall a significant amount of misogyny related to Palin, just Palin making one idiotic blunder / gaffe / failed interview after another and people calling McCain out for picking her as a hail mary instead of a more qualified candidate. Most women, Dem and Repub, that I knew hated her guts.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x7581142
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x7059909
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x6842975
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x6831447
http://www.feministe.us/blog/archives/2008/08/29/seriously-cnn/
http://michellemalkin.com/2008/10/12/crush-the-obamedia-narrative-look-whos-gripped-by-insane-rage/

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Gravel Gravy posted:

Think that's Fox's job.

Just a reminder that the GOP doesn't hate minorities or women, it just has a branding problem.

The best part about that is the big study they did and the months of introspection before they decided that being fair and civil was just too drat hard.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Gravel Gravy posted:

Are you being serious?

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

And rightly so, those people received blowback and were told to knock it off.
Did you seriously link Michelle Malkin as a source. :lol:

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

Michael Scott posted:

Are you being serious?

This is what republicans actually believe.

"If only people actually understood our message, then they'd for for us!"

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

The Dem Underground sources didn't work for me. The ones that did cited CNN which is consistently dumb, the next used "Obamedia" unironically and the next were pictures of douchebags in t shirts that never received any coverage Whig will always exist but never receive Fox's "if Clinton is on her period do we want her handling diplomacy talks" level of attention.

Careful youre wearing your heart on your sleeve.

Michael Scott posted:

Are you being serious?

I guess? http://alj.am/1nN2LOl

Gin and Juche fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Apr 12, 2015

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

There was a little misogynistic rhetoric against Palin, here and there, sure. I think the difference here is the whole Republican base and ideology as well as the candidates themselves are actually predisposed toward misogyny - at times it's a plank of the party platform - and that level of casual offense is going to be much harder for them to keep a lid on.

"Bitch" is going to be smeared all over the campaign, at least one Republican candidate is going to talk about menopause or PMS (and probably reveal baffling ignorance), and a lot of mid-level Republican mouthpieces are going to dig themselves into holes they can't climb out of when someone prods them on a misogynistic insinuation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Pretty much any time Palin comes up in conversation amongst liberal and leftists in my social circles I sure do hear a lot of bitch and oval office thrown around, but keep wearing those blinders. The republicans are generally worse about it but denying it is pretty "No my side doesn't do the bad thing" crazy self-deception.

• Locked thread