Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
I just started and am a bit lost in this game. I've got the general idea that my mag starter should work on making a rhino and then a carrier, but other than that the war frames that seem interesting are a hella grind away.

What are some good missions to take in cash monies when starting, because I feel like most give peanuts in creds and xps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Mulatto Butts posted:

I just started and am a bit lost in this game. I've got the general idea that my mag starter should work on making a rhino and then a carrier, but other than that the war frames that seem interesting are a hella grind away.

What are some good missions to take in cash monies when starting, because I feel like most give peanuts in creds and xps.

That's because most do give peanuts for exp and credits. Void Towers and Yursa/Sechura are the go-to for exp and money respectively, though the higher level Towers rain money too. T3 Defense or Survival will practically get any weapon from unranked to 30 in a single mission if you stick around long enough.

If you need help opening up your map to get to the fun stuff I usually have a shitload of free time nights that I don't work, I'll run around the solar system with you.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Apr 12, 2015

landofcake
May 7, 2009

CANNONBALL TAFFY O' JONES!!!

Rayjenkins posted:

I operate on CST (I believe is about 5 hours behind GMT), and I got some nerd poo poo planned around uh, gonna be conservative and say 6PM CST. I'll try to be around in the late morning/early afternoon to start. Just post and let me know what your name is in warframe, if it's something outside of what you use in-game. If anyone wants to get a hold of me and bug me on steam, I should be reachable on steam via http://steamcommunity.com/id/Rayjenkins My name is currently I LOVE MY DEAD GAY PUN. Hit me up and we'll get our mesa warframes together!

Could possibly work, you're 7 hours behind me and I'm going to be back home at about 8, so 1pm your time. If you're doing it then I'll make myself known but if not, don't worry, next time! By the way, my nick is the same in game.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Got pulled into this horrible game by my horrible friends. Really enjoying the ridiculous amount of parkour and enemy counts during multiplayer missions.

Already sent in my application to the guild; can't wait to shoot things with fire.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ChickenHeart/

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
So close to complete but the most pain in the rear end stuff :argh:

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
Sometimes I climb out of a deep hole and am greeted by an impressive sight; which just reminds me that I'm stuck in the boundaries of a small level and can't go around explore the hellish landscape of whatever planet or moon I'm doing my murder buisness on. :smith:

futile
May 18, 2009
How active is the goon clan/alliance in this game? I was starting to sperg out on my 1 man clan dojo but some of the pubbie disasters that have happened lately are making me think otherwise. xXDarkL0rd6969Xx is a name you'd find as a joke in most PC games. In Warframe he's a real live kid, proud of his badass name and proving to be a menace who will poo poo up anything at any time.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

The PC clan is very active and its dojo is immaculate

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed

DoombatINC posted:

its dojo is immaculate

That's probably a great understatement and an insult to the fine goons who toiled to ensure our haven is as non-euclidean and eclectic as possible.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Mulatto Butts posted:

If you want to mindlessly farm some Yursa for 18k creds every 5 minutes, I can carry you tonight. I'll be home in about 7 hours.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

If you want to mindlessly farm some Yursa for 18k creds every 5 minutes, I can carry you tonight. I'll be home in about 7 hours.

I would love to but i'm on weird euro hours. That will be the middle of the night for me.

Same goes for cruising the galaxy making GBS threads on automatons.

I'll drop a line in the chat when i'm on, but I think it will be opposite most people's schedules. Hopefully it will work out at some point, because this game is much better with people who know what they're doing (unlike me).

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Grineer mooks, you make it difficult to get my stealth kill on when you pull this poo poo:

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

So is Draco still a thing with Excalibur, or did the nerfs destroy that?

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Draco is now run by Saryn, yes.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Saryn butt 420 fart all grineer to death

Curious to see if she gets hit by the same nerf Excal did.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Denzine posted:

Draco is now run by Saryn, yes.

Balls.

Well, has that new faction mod for Ember made her any good?

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Flipswitch posted:

Saryn butt 420 fart all grineer to death

Curious to see if she gets hit by the same nerf Excal did.

No, because she was supposed to have non-LOS powers while Excal wasn't initially designed that way. Let's forget that radial javelin was initially designed to be unusable horseshit.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Male Man posted:

No, because she was supposed to have non-LOS powers while Excal wasn't initially designed that way. Let's forget that radial javelin was initially designed to be unusable horseshit.
Well that's nice at least. I kinda hope they revisit her Contagion because it's balls but I like the frame. :unsmith:

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

The Oldest Man posted:

Balls.

Well, has that new faction mod for Ember made her any good?

No.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

hooah posted:

Grineer mooks, you make it difficult to get my stealth kill on when you pull this poo poo:

I love being in that exact situation because, to maintain the stealth chain, you have to pick apart all their different lines of sight to determine the correct order to drive arrows through their heads

It's like playing the game Ker-Plunk but with human lives

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

hooah posted:

Hm? Looks pretty easy. Start with a melee stealth kill on the Heavy Gunner to the right, then the Seeker to her left (preferably at the Seeker's 5 o'clock to avoid possible contact with the Heavy Gunner), run away to pop a new Invis, stealth the Scorch, then the remaining Heavy Gunner and assuming you brought a decent weapon a single sweep of your melee should stealth the Lancers in one shot. Otherwise just keep going, remembering to run away to pop a new Invis in time.

If you wanna go bow-only, I believe it's the Heavy Gunner to the right, then the Seeker, the Lancer behind the two, the Trooper between the Seeker and the Heavy Gunner, the other Lancer, the Heavy Gunner and finally the Scorch.

Or my personal favorite: Carry a maxed Tonbo and kill them all with a single invisible slide attack.

E: I've probably done too many invis runs.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Apr 12, 2015

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

hooah posted:

This must be Defense Formation Bravo.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Or take them all out with a Penta grenade :buddy:

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

I'm going to need someone to justify the construction of an Ember Prime for me. Where's Dahbadu?

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

She's fun for farming Yursa.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

The Oldest Man posted:

I'm going to need someone to justify the construction of an Ember Prime for me. Where's Dahbadu?

She looks amazing. She has fire hair.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

The Oldest Man posted:

1. Looks great.
2. Mastery.
3. FIRE IS THE FUTU- oh hi Chroma

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

The Oldest Man posted:

Ember Prime looks pretty drat good, and works well for farming low-level crap/amazing newbies by standing still and burning everything in sight. Plus Mastery.

Plus a burning mohawk. C'mon. Just don't bring her any place you'd need to actually do well at.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

The Oldest Man posted:

As others have said, it's all in the style points.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
If I have a level 30 Frost, and a level 30 Frost Prime, neither of which has been potato'd or anything, is there any reason to keep the OG Frost? I feel like I might as well ditch it to free up a frame slot.

Edit: and if I ever get a Loki Prime, the same goes for OG Loki and Loki Prime.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Dick Burglar posted:

If I have a level 30 Frost, and a level 30 Frost Prime, neither of which has been potato'd or anything, is there any reason to keep the OG Frost? I feel like I might as well ditch it to free up a frame slot.

Edit: and if I ever get a Loki Prime, the same goes for OG Loki and Loki Prime.

Absolutely no reason to keep the original frames if you have the Prime.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
So are there more players on PC then on PS4? I'm assuming so since it's been out longer there but I'm not sure. The PS4 clan was pretty empty today, and I'm not sure if it's because no one plays it much there anymore, or if it was just a bad time.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

people posted:

Stealth ordering

This all assumes that none of those dozen or so mobs decides to turn 180 degrees in a single frame. Which happens amazingly often, I'm finding.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

hooah posted:

This all assumes that none of those dozen or so mobs decides to turn 180 degrees in a single frame. Which happens amazingly often, I'm finding.

This is why redeemer is the best weapon if you want to do a stealth run. Massive damage, ranged, and enemies don't get alerted when their friend gets shot in front of them.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I keep both the Prime and Non-Prime versions of Rhino, Frost, ect for purely sentimental reasons v:shobon:v

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

hooah posted:

gently caress stealth murder everything in a single passing spin attack with prime reached orthos and continue running at a billion miles an hour. Godspeed vanguard rhino, godspeed.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Random Number posted:

gently caress stealth murder everything in a single passing spin attack with prime reached orthos and continue running at a billion miles an hour. Godspeed vanguard rhino, godspeed.

That's all well and good if you're not leveling a bow.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
So I've been leveling a Loki in the void over the past few days and I honestly don't get all the hype. I don't find his abilities that fun at all. The invis is cool, sure, but everything else lacks the "punch" of some of the other characters. I wouldn't dare call it a "bad" frame, but definitely not for me.

I'm curious to know what folks' general opinions are on their personal favorite frames to play. I'm not talking about frames that are top-tier or whatever. Instead, what's fun to gently caress around in a void survival or whatever. My top 3* (in no particular order) would be:

1) Oberon
2) Zephyr
3) Trinity

What about you guys?

*I have not played Vauban yet

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Maybe you're not using disarm right? Because I'll be damned if sneaking up to a wave of enemies, popping ID, and watching them beat each other to death with tiny sticks isn't loving hilarious every time. It's not a ~killframe~, but it's abilities negate enemy presence almost entirely.

Oberon and Zephyr are pretty drat good frames, too. MEGADUNKS and a frame that's the fastest in the game while being mostly invincible? gently caress yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Lord Wexia posted:

So I've been leveling a Loki in the void over the past few days and I honestly don't get all the hype. I don't find his abilities that fun at all. The invis is cool, sure, but everything else lacks the "punch" of some of the other characters. I wouldn't dare call it a "bad" frame, but definitely not for me.

I'm curious to know what folks' general opinions are on their personal favorite frames to play. I'm not talking about frames that are top-tier or whatever. Instead, what's fun to gently caress around in a void survival or whatever. My top 3* (in no particular order) would be:

1) Oberon
2) Zephyr
3) Trinity

What about you guys?

*I have not played Vauban yet

I still like Excal the most. He's fun, not so durable that you develop bad habits like standing still, and his #4 is still extremely powerful at clearing a room despite what some people say. Of course I also gofast all the time and use "Top Tier" op weapons almost exclusively and try to make sure I have a syndicate proc on every weapon because gently caress you everything dies.

E: Vauban is extremely my poo poo though. Set traps and then cry as goons trigger your bounce pads because they're dumb and don't know how to air melee.