Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures

Mr. Carlisle posted:

poo poo like this makes me cringe like I'm watching one of those liveleak videos where someone died

Yeah, my immediate reaction to seeing it the first time was a Patrick style "and then everyone died!". That just seems so incredibly unsafe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

tanahashi's wallet chain

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Frabba posted:

Yeah, my immediate reaction to seeing it the first time was a Patrick style "and then everyone died!". That just seems so incredibly unsafe.

my immediate reaction is to go buy it and other quality shows from https://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Frabba posted:

Some of the NXT performers at WM31

Gotch is a white version of Dudley from Street Fighter and I couldn't approve more. He just needs to start calling his opponents "gutter trash."

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oatgan posted:

tanahashi's wallet chain

mod's please rename me

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

Gotch is a white version of Dudley from Street Fighter and I couldn't approve more. He just needs to start calling his opponents "gutter trash."

He would become my favorite immediately.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

I can't even tell who's taking the loving move.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Memento posted:

the ring apron

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

SpaceWolfPurrp posted:

the ring apron

It sold it better than most indie wrestlers.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Memento posted:

It's actually really easy to tell.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Japanese Costcos are loving ace

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Liger: "I want TWO of these, but I could only find one on the shelf. Do you have another?"
Clerk: "Sorry sir, we only stock them once in a century."

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

Aesop Poprock posted:

Japanese Costcos are loving ace

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
How old is Liger now? Can he still go?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

DEAR RICHARD posted:

How old is Liger now? Can he still go?

He's 50. Not what he used to be obviously but he can still go. Most of his NJPW work is low card multiman stuff but he had a great match against Adam Cole in ROH last year and I've heard really good things about both his recent ROH match against Jay Lethal and his NJPW match against Tiger Mask IV for the NWA jr title.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Thauros posted:

He's 50. Not what he used to be obviously but he can still go. Most of his NJPW work is low card multiman stuff but he had a great match against Adam Cole in ROH last year and I've heard really good things about both his recent ROH match against Jay Lethal and his NJPW match against Tiger Mask IV for the NWA jr title.

I saw him in this back in 2011 live and he was pretty decent. I mean he's obviously changed up his style a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYD2tCkH7E0

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Liger's match with Lethal at SCOH9 a couple weeks ago was really good. Obviously Liger's mobility and moveset are limited for being 50 but he's very solid & knows his limitations and works within them.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Found this wrestling poster rolled up in my room.

I believe Private Eye was on the card too.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
Well that would explain why there's been so many different versions of Kane over the years...

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

apsouthern posted:

Well that would explain why there's been so many different versions of Kane over the years...

I can't see a WWE Network produced US spinoff of Doctor Who being any good regardless, but can't Kane at least put some effort into his costume if he's going to play the Doctor? Paige as his companion could work though I guess.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

Thauros posted:

I can't see a WWE Network produced US spinoff of Doctor Who being any good regardless, but can't Kane at least put some effort into his costume if he's going to play the Doctor? Paige as his companion could work though I guess.

"Hello, I'm The Doctor"

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
That must be where they get all their Seth Rollins clones.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Ugh, I really hope WWE doesn't actually read these boards to see what "the kids" are talking about. Last thing I want is for them to revive this feud

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

WWE put out some GoT style crests. They're all pretty much what you would expect but this one is the best:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Oh, that's perfect.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
House Lesner's motto should have been "...and then I smashed her head in... like this!"

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

KungFu Grip posted:

Andre stood on a box

Still slays me to see this now - I mean, Andre was always billed at like 7'4" and Vince is something like 6'2", yet you can clearly tell Andre is well over two feet taller than Vince here :lol:

Also the WWE GoT stuff is pretty cool...too bad Reigns is still riding the old Shield gimmick while everyone else has moved on. WWE seriously can't come up with something fresh for him?

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Ozz81 posted:

Also the WWE GoT stuff is pretty cool...too bad Reigns is still riding the old Shield gimmick while everyone else has moved on. WWE seriously can't come up with something fresh for him?

I figured it was WWE thinking "Shield was really popular...we want Reigns to be really popular...therefore slap all the Shield accoutrement on Roman!"

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008
I wish the Savage one said "Comparitively speaking you are nothing but garbage" but it probably would've been too long. And Flairs should've clearly just said "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO."

Man WWE does some crazy good pictures that I think are amazing:

Gangrel referenced in a WWE image in TYOOL 2015?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Ozz81 posted:

Still slays me to see this now - I mean, Andre was always billed at like 7'4" and Vince is something like 6'2", yet you can clearly tell Andre is well over two feet taller than Vince here :lol:

Sometimes his height seemed to vary by about a foot.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

WWE put out some GoT style crests. They're all pretty much what you would expect but this one is the best:

I like how they just stand by their phrases, rather than altering them to fit.

Orton is 'outta nowhere' not something 'strike unexpectedly', or 'strike from nowhere', etc. Hell, even "Apex Predator" would have been better.

Hogan's pretty great, though.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Ozz81 posted:

On the other hand, Seth's crest being a broken shield is pretty brilliant.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Thauros posted:

Unless Kane's got an accent coach I'd rather Paige play the Doctor I think.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Delsaber posted:

Racist.

jpmeyer
Jan 17, 2012

parody image of che
how is house t's insignia not a yak

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Delsaber posted:

Kane would be better because then I would never have to see him.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://instagram.com/p/1cHrNMn8M2/
Aww :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
give me jimmy jacobs hanging on triple h like that