Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Judge Judy is a-ok though.

Side note: it's ridiculously hard to take a child under cps protection in Idaho. Like you practically need to prove the kid's going to die before cps can come in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Mr Jaunts posted:

iirc, Iran is allowed to keep a single reactor, and even though it won't be able to produce anything near weapons-grade
I'm about to reveal a shockingly stupid ignorance of things here, but if everyone is always concerned about evil nuclear scientists cobbling bombs together, why doesn't the UN or whatever have a multinational Nuclear Corps. That staffs and regulates nuclear plants in... delicate areas?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Because it would be just as ineffective as the rest of the UN?

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

DemeaninDemon posted:

Judge Judy is a-ok though.

Side note: it's ridiculously hard to take a child under cps protection in Idaho. Like you practically need to prove the kid's going to die before cps can come in.

Ah yes, Idaho's noted "remove children only in cases of death" cps regulation. Everyone learns that one in law school.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Wait, Karl Rove is on Fox News saying that the walls of Vienna might not hold :ohdear:

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Joementum posted:

Wait, Karl Rove is on Fox News saying that the walls of Vienna might not hold :ohdear:

One group of Idaho people, mistaking a different group of Idaho people for Ottoman scouts, have begun firing on each other! (I don't know any lingo for Idaho people)

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Ralepozozaxe posted:

One group of Idaho people, mistaking a different group of Idaho people for Ottoman scouts, have begun firing on each other! (I don't know any lingo for Idaho people)

Idahoans.

But really, you can just make anything up because Idaho is a fake word.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

Ralepozozaxe posted:

(I don't know any lingo for Idaho people)

Potatoes, I think.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

FilthyImp posted:

I'm about to reveal a shockingly stupid ignorance of things here, but if everyone is always concerned about evil nuclear scientists cobbling bombs together, why doesn't the UN or whatever have a multinational Nuclear Corps. That staffs and regulates nuclear plants in... delicate areas?

Sounds a bit complicated. Perhaps this International Atomic Energy Agency you are proposing should just continuously monitor a country's entire nuclear program from mining raw uranium to what isotopes are being created and how waste is disposed. These "IAEA inspectors" could report when they are denied access to facilities and then the UN Security Council could respond with sanctions until access is restored.

The only problem with this idea is that since you can't prove a negative a country could become so convinced that something must be there and is just being hidden really well from the inspectors!

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

FilthyImp posted:

I'm glad this is a sarcastic post.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

hobbesmaster posted:

Sounds a bit complicated. Perhaps this International Atomic Energy Agency you are proposing should just continuously monitor a country's entire nuclear program from mining raw uranium to what isotopes are being created and how waste is disposed. These "IAEA inspectors" could report when they are denied access to facilities and then the UN Security Council could respond with sanctions until access is restored.

The only problem with this idea is that since you can't prove a negative a country could become so convinced that something must be there and is just being hidden really well from the inspectors!

The Iraq War is all Hans Blix's fault!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

hobbesmaster posted:

Perhaps this International Atomic Energy Agency you are proposing should just continuously monitor a country's entire nuclear program from mining raw uranium to what isotopes are being created and how waste is disposed.
This, but like... Imagine all the AMPM's are run by an external third party organization that is entirely responsible for all aspects of the gas pumping/providing system.

Man, just imagine.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

FilthyImp posted:

Imagine a world where the Baruch Plan had actually been accepted and implemented.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Imagine a world where the Baruch Plan had actually been accepted and implemented.

No Cold War in that world as if any world with a Soviet Union wouldn't allow it.

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

Mr Jaunts posted:

Potatoes, I think.

They're Tuber-Americans.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Out of curiosity, are any Republicans even aware that the negotiations with Iran are not two party negotiations but include 5 other countries? I understand most of this is two parts Obama is for a thing and one part Bibi is against a thing, but they seem completely unaware that if China, Russia, France, Germany, and the UK all agree to the deal it really doesn't matter how much we hold our breath and stick our fingers in our ears.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Gyges posted:

Out of curiosity, are any Republicans even aware that the negotiations with Iran are not two party negotiations but include 5 other countries? I understand most of this is two parts Obama is for a thing and one part Bibi is against a thing, but they seem completely unaware that if China, Russia, France, Germany, and the UK all agree to the deal it really doesn't matter how much we hold our breath and stick our fingers in our ears.

What I've been starting to hear in response to that is "Yeah, but it's mostly just the US and Iran, with the US telling everyone else what the deal's gonna be. After all, France called it a 'sucker's deal' but we're forcing them to go along with it anyway and that means it's bad."

EDIT: I expect to hear a murmur here and there about how "if Russia and China are for it, we have to be against it, because they'd only back something if it hurt the US" before all is said and done, too.

ComradeCosmobot fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Apr 13, 2015

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
They think snow outside means climate change is a myth.

What do you think?

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Ahem. You mean ocean priapism.

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.
Speaking of the problematic gulf between the what Rand Paul says and what Rand Paul actually believes, here's CNN trying to figure out how a libertarian can oppose marriage equality.

Spoiler alert: it's a state's rights question, and separate can be equal!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the night, "Eight years of one demographically symbolic President is enough." ~ Wayne LaPierre

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The producers of Veep sent John Boehner a couch pillow with President Meyer on Mount Rushmore.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Do you want to buy one of Hilary's hard drives that's been wiped clean and no longer functioning for the low low price of $99.95? Then Rand Paul has just what you're looking for!

https://store.randpaul.com/index.php/hillary/hillary-s-hard-drive.html

Quantities are limited, so act now!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Star Man posted:

Do you want to buy one of Hilary's hard drives that's been wiped clean and no longer functioning for the low low price of $99.95? Then Rand Paul has just what you're looking for!

Why does Rand Paul have Hillary's e-mail server hard drives? Is he allowed to sell government evidence? If not, I'm pretty sure this is a clear case of selling under false pretenses!

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
2015-2016 campaign season in one word: "untrustworthiness"

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Joementum posted:

Quote of the night, "Eight years of one demographically symbolic President is enough." ~ Wayne LaPierre
Going into whiteprivilege.txt.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Star Man posted:

I notice he's selling white koozies, which is pretty accurate.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Gyges posted:

Hah, look at this guy assuming Republicans are paying attention to this thing called "reality". Half the Republicans don't even know we're bombing ISIL, why would you expect them to know that the US and Iran aren't the only countries involved in the Nuclear talks?

The sad part is I'm not really joking either.:smithicide:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Joementum posted:

America is never ever again voting for an old white man.

The only way to break the spell is for the Republicans to rally around a 35 year old super rich white kid rumored to be Reagan reincarnated.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Gyges posted:

Hopefully not, because if they figure it out they might be able to get the other countries party to the talks to torpedo them. As it stands they're going to attribute it to Obama's satanic Communism black magic when most of the sanctions disappear even when the Senate doesn't ratify the thing

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The only way to break the spell is for the Republicans to rally around a 35 year old super rich white kid rumored to be Reagan reincarnated.

Scott Walker's not going to win sorry

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

icantfindaname posted:

Hopefully not, because if they figure it out they might be able to get the other countries party to the talks to torpedo them. As it stands they're going to attribute it to Obama's satanic Communism black magic when most of the sanctions disappear even when the Senate doesn't ratify the thing
I mean I wouldn't be surprised if there were specific contingencies in place for if Congress turned out to be intransigent.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
They can bluster all they want. No president* is going to walk into a multi national peace treaty that's already been signed and immediately rip it to shreds to start a war.

*Maybe Bush.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Relentlessboredomm posted:

They can bluster all they want. No president* is going to walk into a multi national peace treaty that's already been signed and immediately rip it to shreds to start a war.

*Maybe Bush.

Andrew Jackson would.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

My Imaginary GF posted:

Andrew Jackson would.
Touche.

Though if the counterexample is Andrew Jackson it really shows you what kind of horrible person you'd have to be to do it!

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Touche.

Though if the counterexample is Andrew Jackson it really shows you what kind of horrible person you'd have to be to do it!

...by vast expanding voting rights and redistributing Federal lands to the people while also personally leading the march on the south to force through a tax increase?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I know this thing is supposed to suggest progress, but all I see is a move to the right.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

JT Jag posted:

Why does Rand Paul have Hillary's e-mail server hard drives? Is he allowed to sell government evidence? If not, I'm pretty sure this is a clear case of selling under false pretenses!

No those are totally her server HDDs. IDE... conusmer level.. server HDDs. LIMITED TIME ONLY

Seriously isnt this supposed to have a big ol "NOVELTY ITEM" somewhere on the page or? also, a 100 dollar broken novelty hard drive.... really?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

My Imaginary GF posted:

...by vast expanding voting rights and redistributing Federal lands to the people while also personally leading the march on the south to force through a tax increase?

I agree, we need a president with the courage to invade the south and midwest, put the current population on reservations, and resettle it with the right kind of people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

icantfindaname posted:

Scott Walker's not going to win sorry

Scott Walker is 35? He looks like poo poo for 35.

Alternatively my friends and I look amazing for 35.

fool_of_sound posted:

I agree, we need a president with the courage to invade the south and midwest, put the current population on reservations, and resettle it with the right kind of people.

To be fair to Jackson, you can't deny that there are some issues that the President should threaten to personally hang Southern politicians over trying to do. Especially those fuckers still trying nullification. The only way to stop that is apparently crazy violence or the threat of violence from a crazy.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Apr 13, 2015

• Locked thread