Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

would

let her hit me and call me antisemitic names

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001

theflyingexecutive posted:

lol the movie cut out the part in the book where forrest becomes a professional harmonica player

and it cuts out him being a professional wrestler, a politician, and a stunt double

it also cuts out the part where he is pressganged into loving nasa and becomes an astronaut with a woman and highly intelligent ape and then they crash land on an island inhabited by cannibals but they end up working on their cotton plantation and one of the cannibals teaches forrest how to be a chess grandmaster

just in case you had any delusions of forrest gump hailing from an intelligent piece of media and not being a steaming pile of boomer schlock

they just left material for the sequel

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

gently caress you

I don't know why you hold shawshank in such high regard as it's an adaptation of a stephen king story you probably never read

stand by me is better than both anyway

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lol the movie cut out the part in the book where forrest becomes a professional harmonica player

and it cuts out him being a professional wrestler, a politician, and a stunt double

it also cuts out the part where he is pressganged into loving nasa and becomes an astronaut with a woman and highly intelligent ape and then they crash land on an island inhabited by cannibals but they end up working on their cotton plantation and one of the cannibals teaches forrest how to be a chess grandmaster

just in case you had any delusions of forrest gump hailing from an intelligent piece of media and not being a steaming pile of boomer schlock

He accidentally crashes the Exxon Valdez, helps destroy the Berlin Wall, and fights in Operation Desert Storm with his friend, an orangutan named Sue (who survived a NASA mission and cannibals, with Gump, in the first book).

lmao

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I don't know why you hold shawshank in such high regard as it's an adaptation of a stephen king story you probably never read

stand by me is better than both anyway

yea i read most of his work when i was an idiot teen

it's prolly the best adaptation w/ the body being a close second yep

thank god they haven't made the dark tower (yet)

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Mister McGivver is a hog farmer in Coalville, West Virginia. He picks up a hitchhiking Forrest Gump (who is fleeing an angry mob after the disastrous New Coke reveal) and brings him to his hog farm.

Forrest, as well as his son, who came to visit for the summer, come up with several brilliant ideas to improve the farm:

Forrest had the idea to recycle food from a nearby Army base under the control of Sergeant Krantz
Little Forrest had the idea to put hogs on the railroad for sale, rather than personally drive them to be sold
Little Forrest had the idea to push the farm's produced pig feces into the nearby empty mine, and use its produced methane to power the city
Little Forrest had the idea to use a similar method to the above to power ships to send hogs to overseas markets
Each plan is a tremendous success. One day, the town holds a ceremony to celebrate the prosperity brought about by the farm and its workers. Forrest absentmindendly forgets to release the gas pressure at the methane plant, and the plant explodes, cutting the power and showing the city in pig feces. Forrest is run out of town.

Later in the novel
Forrest again finds a drunken Mister McGivver while stationed in Alaska. McGivver was ruined by the destruction of his farm, and now works as the captain of the Exxon Valdez. A heavy drunk, he starts the ships engines and becomes incapacitated in a delusional fantasy about pirates; a clueless Forrest is left to pilot the ship, until it runs aground and spills ten million gallons of crude oil.

pram
Jun 10, 2001

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

fights in Operation Desert Storm with his friend, an orangutan named Sue

lol

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

efb

highlights from the sequel:

the forrest gump movie happens and forrest meets tom hanks

forrest becomes a successful nfl player

forrest accidentally creates New Coke

forrest invents a power plant powered by pig poo poo

forrest becomes entangled in the Iran-contra affair

forrest portrays goliath in a bible-themed amusement park, david is of course played by john hinkley jr

forrest is repeatedly visited by the ghost of jenny

forrest becomes a high powered wall street banker and bangs his secretary and causes an insider trading scandal

forrest crashes the exxon valdez

forrest brings down the berlin wall

forrest fights in the first gulf war and meets saddam hussein

forrest befriends the clintons

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
everyone forrest gump meets in the movie loving dies or is horribly mutilated lol

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
like i said boomer entitlement fan fiction

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

efb

highlights from the sequel:

the forrest gump movie happens and forrest meets tom hanks

forrest becomes a successful nfl player

forrest accidentally creates New Coke

forrest invents a power plant powered by pig poo poo

forrest becomes entangled in the Iran-contra affair

forrest portrays goliath in a bible-themed amusement park, david is of course played by john hinkley jr

forrest is repeatedly visited by the ghost of jenny

forrest becomes a high powered wall street banker and bangs his secretary and causes an insider trading scandal

forrest crashes the exxon valdez

forrest fights in the first gulf war and meets saddam hussein

forrest befriends the clintons

is this real or just some kind of reverse chuck norris joke

pram
Jun 10, 2001
"git r dun" - forrest the cable guy

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

He accidentally crashes the Exxon Valdez, helps destroy the Berlin Wall, and fights in Operation Desert Storm with his friend, an orangutan named Sue (who survived a NASA mission and cannibals, with Gump, in the first book).

lmao

Forrest Gump and the Missing Yellowcake

Forrest's Friends and the Sub Prime Mortgage Mystery

Forrest, Arnie, Sly and the Gipper as the Replaceables

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

forrest gump is integral to bringing down the berlin wall and his super best friend strikes the first sledgehammer blow, but is killed by a piece of falling cement and that's all he has to say about that

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

is this real or just some kind of reverse chuck norris joke

those are actual things that happen in the second book :psyduck:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol, in the book jenny falls in love with Forrest because of his big swinging dick

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
as if I'd read the book and not just drink beer and watch the poo poo on netflix

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

lol, in the book jenny falls in love with Forrest because of his big swinging dick

jenny seriously rapes a person who can't give consent which is real hosed

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

there are axe cop stories more grounded and realistic than the writings of one winston groom

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

lmao is that a real name that is some cracker poo poo

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

pram posted:

how did he end up enlisting again? ive seen that movie a dozen times too lol

5 seconds after graduation and with no direction a recruiter tells him to join the army so he goes 'lol, k :downs: ' and does it just like everything else

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

SmokaDustbowl posted:

jenny seriously rapes a person who can't give consent which is real hosed

that's why she deserves aids in the early eighties

that and hanging around with thugs

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

surprise surprise, he's a product of u alabama's proud fraternity system roll tide

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

surprise surprise, he's a product of u alabama's proud fraternity system roll tide

I say I say my name is winston groom maychance you've done heard of me

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

forrest gump is a good movie because whenever a boomer starts talking about kids these days and bootstrapping through the cold war or whatev i just imagine them ending every sentence with "jennnnyyy"

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Breakfast All Day posted:

forrest gump is a good movie because whenever a boomer starts talking about kids these days and bootstrapping through the cold war or whatev i just imagine them ending every sentence with "jennnnyyy"

all the boomers are the dudes throwing rocks at forrest gump and refusing him a place to sit on the bus

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

SmokaDustbowl posted:

all the boomers are the dudes throwing rocks at forrest gump and refusing him a place to sit on the bus

but they all see themselves as lt. dan

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I say I say my name is winston groom maychance you've done heard of me

i liked "better times than these" and the fact that Forrest Gump 2 was deliberately unfilmable

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

syscall girl posted:

i liked "better times than these" and the fact that Forrest Gump 2 was deliberately unfilmable

beats me I never read the poo poo the most experience I have with the US is living in maine for a few years

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

would

let her hit me and call me antisemitic names

khaleesi

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

pram posted:

tom hanks is epic..

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

skulls are calcium with DMT inside

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003