Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I was hoping the enemy leaders would have ridiculous epaulets and man, I wasn't disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.
So this is the part where they really, really wanted to name them Zabi, isn't it?

E: Well, they managed to outdo to world's dumbest star fort by locating themselves in a castle perched on the side of a cliff. This would have been a good defensive position about 500 years before the game's time frame. Now it's just an artillery target.

David Corbett fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Apr 13, 2015

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

David Corbett posted:

So this is the part where they really, really wanted to name them Zabi, isn't it?

E: Well, they managed to outdo to world's dumbest star fort by locating themselves in a castle perched on the side of a cliff. This would have been a good defensive position about 500 years before the game's time frame. Now it's just an artillery target.

But we're the good guys, and good guys don't bombard defenceless forts like that.

Besides it's a priceless historical monument and destroying it would make the queen sad.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Time to buy some cheap lore to start the month off.

More Citizens Side with Rebels-newspaper

It is almost half a year since the outbreak of rebellion. Voices of support for the rebels are being heard in southern Gallia, and more are joining the rebels. This perhaps stems from the deteriorating economy and ingrained anti-Darcsen sentiment.

Since Archduchess Cordelia revealed her Darcsen ancestry and rose to the throne, most have supported her, but Darcsen prejudice has led to rising sympathy for the rebels. This may be a sign of social rifts that have emerged in Gallia and Europa.

Stormy Start to Laevatein Cup-Lotte Insider

The Class G underdogs took home victory in the first Laevatein Cup Preliminary match on February 25th. New class chair Avan Hardins used bold tactics to win. Professor Brixham stated they had "finally jumped from losers to mere underachievers."

Class D won a narrow victory over Class F in the second match. Class D chair Remi Noah said he hoped to also prevail in the next bout vs. Class A and win the heart of Juliana Everhart. Remi, you don't know what you're getting yourself into...

Wait, the qualifiers happened on the 25th...so what the gently caress were we doing for the first 24 days? What were the REBELS doing?! Betting on teams from spy reports?

Ragnite-Encyclopedia

As Europa's primary energy source, this ore has become vital to daily existence. Mined primarily in mountainous regions, the raw ore is then refined for use in a multitude of applications. It glows a blue hue when releasing its energy.

It was the Valkyrur who spread the art of ragnite refinery throughout Europa. In the Industrial Revolution it became a crucial resource, and its use in weaponry has driven Europa's nations to expand their borders in a war for control over the ore.

Darcsens-Encyclopedia

Europa's oldest indigenous race, they are characterized by dark blue-black hair and shawls bearing traditional Darcsen Patterns. Formerly thought to have caused the "Darcsen Calamity" that devastated the continent, they have been persecuted for centuries.

Darcsens were stripped of their last names and forbidden to own land. Many were also exploited as mining labor in sites full of pungent oils, giving rise to further stereotypes. Despite their oppression, many Darcsens have gone on to become skilled engineers.

See, I told you it was blue hair.

The Arlem Region-Encyclopedia

A plains area south of Mellvere with sently sloping terrain and fertile soil perfect for farming. It is one of the most prominent agricultural areas in Gallia, with wheat, barley and corn the major crops. Fruit and livestock also prosper there.

As southern Gallia has an oceanic climate, its summers are cool with stable rainfall. The warm current and westerly winds make for mild weather throughout the year, and for this reason it has become a popular summer resort and villa area for the rich.

We have played like 20 missions in this area by now. I am sick of the place.

Another mission to add to the collection. Maybe I'll play it on a slow month or something.

The small gold symbol next to Zeri's name means he's ready to promote. The qualifier mission was the first to hand out the specific material needed to promote. Which is just stupid.

Trooper Veterans are significantly beefier in defense, but their offense also improves as well. With the ability to hold multiple grenades, they are upgraded from the best class to the bestess class.

Visiting R&D notifies us that tier 3 weaponry is available now, which is worrying since most of the tier 2 stuff haven't been bought yet and it's progression-based.

Upgrading the grenades is the highest priority, as it affects the most units and generally the most useful weapon in general.

This is an example of what most enemy aces give you. You get Plans for weaponry that's usually different or better than the current tier, but about even or worse than the next tier. If I was really needing to upgrade the Armor Tech's killing power, I could've spent materials and money to individually make better picks. 99% of the time, it's a waste because the tiers aren't that far off and the money could be easily spend elsewhere.

Then again, money isn't a problem because with all the lovely grinding for promotion items, you'll have a fortune by the end anyway.

Whee, vehicle body and weapon upgrades. Too bad I'm broke, so we'll see this again in a few updates.

Let's hope this one wasn't as bad an intro as Chloe....

Aw, hey, Pete. You got a feel for campus yet, buddy?

I got it nailed, bro! Class, campus, cafeteria horrors... Bring it on! Ain't nothing this academy can throw at Pete Stang he can't shocktroop over!

Cafeteria horrors? It's not their fault you hate stuffed peppers, man.

Anyway, I gotta say, bro. Those Class G girls are all bad news.

What? Why, what did they do?

I can't get a word in edgewise, man! Soon as they see me, they offer me candy like I'm some kid. It's insulting!

Ha ha! That just means they like you, man.

Aw, don't you start with that too, bro! Aw, man! All this getting mad's got me hungry now.

Time to so buy some candy. *leaves*

Of course the one dumber guy than Avan is from Avan's town. Of course.

Turn right!

You're slow, Haswell! What class are you in?

C-Class A, ma'am!

Then act like it! Failure is not permitted. Class A is without flaw!

Yes, ma'am!

Next, to the drill ground. We'll practice for the Laevatein Cup. Now, march! *Class A leaves*

Ugh, they're STILL not done? Juliana's kind of a slave driver...

But that doesn't mean I'm gonna let her beat us in the Cup!

Alright, let's get this over with.

Avan will literally sleep everywhere by the end of this game.

Mm? Is somebody else up here?

Your little angel is setting sail for heaven...

Waugh! Don't do anything stupid! Let's talk this out, man!

D-Don't stop me, darling! Just let me dieeee! Either way, my life is just over!

Calm down a minute and tell me what happened, would you? C'mon!

She is? Why is that a bad thing?

It wouldn't be, if this were just a social call.

But she's... She's coming to attend my campus-wide concert!

Oh, right, your... what?

She and I took an oath to become idols together. But my natural clumsiness has made all progress in dancing impossible! She sent me a letter to ask how my routine was coming along. I panicked!

Oh man, what'd you say?

Wait, you didn't...!

...Your little sister is already headlining every academy event. That every night of my campus concert series was sold out... Sniff.

What'?! Man, you're as bad as Cosette at keeping yourself in check!

Ooh, if she finds out that it was a lie, I won't be able to face another day! *slowly moves back to edge* The only solution left is to cast myself from this roof and atone with my--

Hey! Why don't you do like I do and cram? Like for a test!

Sniff...cram?

Yeah! Your sister's not gonna be here for a while, right? So let's start now! We can have you dancing like a pro by the time she gets here! This is totally gonna work! And I'll help out in any way I can. Sound good?

I-I suppose that does make a certain sense... if you think it might work... I hadn't realized you had any experience dancing, let alone teaching, Avan.

Uh, well, I don't...

Between hunting ghosts, training with Alexis, helping to dance, and preparing for the Cup, there's just no time to fight some silly rebels

Standard Enemy Base capture mission, blah ble blah. An APC with a bridge constructor cuts down a 4 turn A rank limit into 2. Not really difficult until the "send 1 Armor Tech past 6 guys and a tank" fails.

Yarmas is a tank that takes more than one Lancer shot to the blue butt to die. That or I somehow horrible missed at point blank.

A pretty easy grind mission since the A rank is lenient, and gives a lot of EXP and money. Good thing, too because I need a lot of money.

Meet Class G: Anissette Nelson

Personal Potential
Country Bred - Standing on dirt boosts concentration, raising attack power against infantry, as well as firing accuracy.
Camaraderie - Likes overcoming challenges with allies, raising evasive skills.
Unfit - Their body won't do what they tell it to, lowering their firing accuracy.

Despite Anisette's best attempts at being a gag character, she's one of the better Shocktroopers in the class with two Potentials that raises attack power against infantry. She has the highest HP among female Shocktroopers, and her only downside is occasionally having lowered accuracy which, who cares. It's a Shocktrooper.

Tae fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Apr 13, 2015

xelada
Dec 21, 2012
I think part of the reason we aren't seeing many rebel fights is that most of them would be finished before they would get there. Most fights would probably only last a few hours and by the time Class G got there either the rebels would have been scared off/all killed or would have convinced the locals to comply. Which in a non-trivial number of cases wouldn't have been accompanied by a fight, a number of villages would have been more than happy to join, or would rather join and pay lip service than risk their lives resisting. The ones that do resist on the other hand would under most circumstances have the numbers advantage, a roughly equivalent level of weaponry and tactics and can take up positions the rebels can't, unless the rebels have a tank or use a disproportionate number of their forces the village should win the fight. Which if the rebel party is just a few blokes they'll high-tail it the moment it becomes apparent that the village will resist.
Another reason why only one is shown is that there are other battles, they just aren't shown because they aren't interesting, a map where it's two scouts hiding in some bushes isn't too interesting so it isn't shown, only the important ones (the one where the rebels had a tank) are actually shown.
Finally this is Class G we are talking about, they probably aren't sent out on the interesting battles, they are more likely to be tasked with guard duty, providing a military presence (which is why there are so many missions there, to show the locals they are here to protect them, scaring the rebels away and being there if the rebels attack) or battles where victory is a forgone conclusion.

Yes I enjoy over-thinking anime games filled with plot holes, how did you know?

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Hey, remember this scene from the first update?

Hi Pete!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's been 3 months and he still has the exact same bandages, I see.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Anisette is already far and away a better shocktrooper than her sister.

Okay that's actually a neat detail. 10 points to gryffindor.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

SSNeoman posted:

Anisette is already far and away a better shocktrooper than her sister.
The problem is that Anisette is, putting it mildly...shrill. Much like Edy. She does get points for her fed-up clip in my book, though. :v:

At least she doesn't have Panicky.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Videogames truly are art.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Is VC3 any better than VC2?

DFlux
Apr 25, 2008
Yes, VC3 is LOADS better then VC2.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

-Troika- posted:

Is VC3 any better than VC2?

Strictly mechanical upgrades:
-Higher max deployment count
-Orders reasonably cost
-All vehicles are 1 CP instead of VC2 bullshit where going heavy tanks can cost 3 cp
-class changes are free, promoting classes is just killing/capturing bases
-Snipers are their own class again
-Squadmate missions are unlocked as a separate scenario instead of this nonsensical "Pick 10 times to unlock Scene 1, Pick 25 times to unlock Scene 2, etc. etc.
-Basically all that material bullshit is gone now. It's back to money and EXP.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

they also buffed interception fire a lot, which is a good thing because tae hasn't covered it much iirc, but in vc2 you can basically just stand in front of incoming fire and shrug it off

Zyrden
Mar 25, 2012

Climbing gear.
So what happens if you lose the match against class C? Is it as game over as losing a real battle is, or can you actually end up not winning the tournament?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Zyrden posted:

So what happens if you lose the match against class C? Is it as game over as losing a real battle is, or can you actually end up not winning the tournament?

This ain't FFX blitzball tournament. Class G must win because of story advancement. I mean if they can't win the academy tournament, how will they ever win the war???

(Major spoilers, the tournament lasts until July)

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

Zyrden posted:

Game over. A fatal round hits Avan. Remember just because they are using practice rounds doesn't mean it's not fatal.

Also seiyuus for the GRA.

Baldren is voiced by Hikaru Midorikawa, we all know him as Heero Yuy from Gundam Wing.

Audrey is voiced by Ayako Kawasumi, she voiced Saber as well as Reina from Queen's Blade

Dirk is voiced by Souichiro Hoshi, most well known at the time for Kira Yamato from Gundam SEED

Gilbert is voiced by Banjo Ginga, or more importantly...GIHREN ZABI!

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
Every time someone says 'oh, yeah, VC3 is much better than VC2' I have to wonder if they played either game. They're practically identical, right down to endlessly grinding the same tiny maps. The higher unit cap is a clear improvement, but it doesn't even matter considering the optimal strategy is always to have one or two units leapfrogging from base to base. VC2's balance isn't great (engineers!) but VC3's is even worse and most of the game boils down to abusing a single character's Anime Special Attack over and over.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

None of the games are balanced if you bring up optimal strategies. The tiny maps are bad in that they repeat a poo poo ton, but is a far bigger balance deal to even everyone up than the giant maps that only favored Scouts.

As someone that's played the franchise multiple times, VC3 is still my favorite for simplifying the non-combat stuff while encouraging unit variety far more than VC1 ever did. VC2 is downright atrocious because grinding for materials is the worst thing. They are not at all identical outside of the core combat. That's like saying FF4 and FF8 are the exact same game because they are turn-based ATB systems, ignoring everything else.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.

gyrobot posted:

Game over. A fatal round hits Avan. Remember just because they are using practice rounds doesn't mean it's not fatal.

Also seiyuus for the GRA.

Baldren is voiced by Hikaru Midorikawa, we all know him as Heero Yuy from Gundam Wing.

Audrey is voiced by Ayako Kawasumi, she voiced Saber as well as Reina from Queen's Blade

Dirk is voiced by Souichiro Hoshi, most well known at the time for Kira Yamato from Gundam SEED

Gilbert is voiced by Banjo Ginga, or more importantly...GIHREN ZABI!

Huh. Guess my Zabi quip was a little bit more on point than I had expected it to be.

theshim
May 1, 2012

They also nerfed the gently caress out of anime sworddudes, which is good because they're loving moronic, and the enemy-only units are less bullshit. There's a bunch of new maps so you spend less time in loving Arlem, and some of them are huge enough that even a Scout Elite takes multiple moves to cross it. Interception fire is a legit threat, meaning APC rushes can't 1-turn every capture/boss mission, a lot of rebalancing of weapons and units was done, and unless you're trying to level people up in every class there's virtually no need for grinding.

Honestly the one thing I didn't like changing from 2 to 3 was the fact that everyone gets the same class potentials, so only personal stats and potentials differentiate units, but on the other hand, given how a few units in VC2 were just strictly vastly better than others thanks to one or two potentials (hello Max vs. Armor/Personnel), that may not have been such a bad thing...

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
How's the translation patch on VC3 now? Any weird problems?

theshim
May 1, 2012

Monkey Fracas posted:

It's pretty awkward, some of the lines spill over into weird places, and almost none of the extra content is translated, but for playing the game it's completely serviceable.

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

Monkey Fracas posted:

Nothing major. Sometimes the text doesn't quite fit the boxes, and there's one extra mission where the enemy ace never spawns. The translation itself is serviceable but obviously written by amateurs.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

BioMe posted:

Nothing major. Sometimes the text doesn't quite fit the boxes, and there's one extra mission where the enemy ace never spawns. The translation itself is serviceable but obviously written by amateurs.

Ah well- not really playing the games for the story, anyways. I'll have to check it out.

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.

Tae posted:

Anyway. I sotta say. bro. Those Class G girls are all bad news.
Ha ha! That just meansd they like you, man.
D-Don't stop me, darling! Just let me dieeee! Either way, my life is just over! Just calm down a minute and tell me what happened, would you? C'mon!

I think the second half of the last one should be from Avan?

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Grading in videogames always gets on my nerves, especially when it's tied to anything more than an end-mission blurb like in Red Alert, so the fact that these games seem to be best played with "rush rush rush" in mind means that the otherwise delectably horribly animé setting is something I only care to experience through LPs.

Also good to see this hopefully getting finished, the last one died far too soon, probably helped by the fact that the dude took lovely teams that worked badly together to the cup for some reason or another.

Archaotic
Aug 12, 2008
My PSP was stolen out of my luggage on a flight a few years ago, and VC2 was the game I had in the UMD drive when it was taken.

I'm...suddenly not so saddened by that.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The A-1 scout rifle is 2 points weaker than our current tier 3 rifle, but shoots an additional bullet per attack. A bigger attack boost as a whole, but more potential to backfire since Scouts are one of the few classes that prefer to attack from a safe distance.

You know this building used to be classrooms, right? These days it's like an abandoned haunted house. Operative word "haunted."

Yeah, this place is ghost central.

*scattering noise*

Well, I choked on my first mission and wound up in here overnight. I was the only one here, but I heard laughter! "Tee hee hee hee.”

You too? I got thrown down here after getting in a fight a while ago. I heard it too. That creepy voice laughing. "Tee hee hee hee."

How fascinating. I've never heard it myself.

What, you've been locked up here too, Melissa?

No, I just like ruins. I come here In my free time to relax. The cracked walls, rusted ironbars... It's pretty. Tee hee hee hee...

It's...You're the....!

I'm so happy we got assigned here... Tee hee hee hee...

..."Melissa is creepy" scene #5 now....

The rebel army is massing forces. They've issued a statement to Randgriz.

Wait, wait. It's public knowledge where this giant castle on a cliffside is. Also, they're located more north than the academy. I...I have so many questions.

"The revolution will not stop until the Archduchess abdicates the throne." That's their only demand.

They call it a revolution like it's a lofty thing, but civilians are dying!

The Gallian Army still hasn't fully recovered from war with the Empire. They're stretched thin between border defense and now this civil war.

So what's the Militia doing? Why don't they help?

The Militia can only be used to defend Galliia from an invasion, Avan. It's illegal to use draft troops to fight in a civil war. We learned that!

Uh, we did? I mean, I knew that!

Well, I guess that just means we really need to pull our weight. huh?

Right. The folks living here in the south are depending on us!

So, what brought you here, Cosette? You want to be a doctor, right?

I was planning on going to medical school, but, um...The fighting spread to Yuell--that's my home-- and my mom and dad both...

Wow, I'm sorry, Cosette..

Well, I heard that Lanseal grads can set tuition at graduate schools waived. That, and I couldn't stand the thought of losing anyone else to the war. I wanted to do my part to end it, however small. That's why I enlisted.

That's great that it'll help you be a doctor, too. You'll make a great one!

I hope so! Thanks, Avan.

And you said you had some goal that brought you here, too. Right, Zeri?

...Yes. It's something I need to do. I'm here at Lanseal to make sure it happens.

Nice, man. So, what's the goal?

Ugh, how did I know that was coming?

Your brother was a cadet here, right, Avan?

Yeah! I'm here to get put on the same special mission as he was on. Some day, I'm gonna be just as good as he is!

You want to be on the same mission that killed your brother? Uh...okay then.

That's quite the brother complex you're nursing.

Well, I guess all three of us better work hard if we want our wishes granted!

Right!

Interesting thing to note is that all 3 are high school drop-outs, though for good reason. Cosette as explained wants a free ride to medical school, Avan wants to find out his brother's death, and Zeri's is pretty obvious.

The tuition being waived for various expensive schools is a recent thing that the academy did, to bring in as much talent as quickly as possible.

Defensive Exam is a new objective, which is camping the poo poo out of our main base for 6 turns. It's pretty easy to win, but obviously A ranking it requires to do the other win condition: Kill everyone.

Not including the ace, we also have our first encounter with an advanced class in the Mortarer. They're the promotion of Lancers that basically fire longer range grenades.

By far the worst thing about A ranking kill-all missions is that it always involves hunting the last pixels of grass to reveal the enemy. Then spending that turn throwing a grenade to pop them out and then hoping they don't doge your attack. Just the worst.

Killing two tanks was much easier than finding a couple Snipers across 3 maps worth of grass, I'll tell you.

Morris Quest 1

I wonder what's for lunch today. I hope it's good!

Um, Avan? Can I, er... Do you have a minute?

I didn't see the menu either, but my vote's for stew! Ooh, or maybe...

A-Avan? Hello? I really just need one second.

It could be fish sticks, too. C'mon. Cosette, let's motor before it's gone! *leaves*

Avan! Poor Morris has been trying to talk to you this whole time! *chases after Avan*

Ah ha ha...I get that a lot. I wanted to ask a favor of you, Avan.

Whaaaaat?!

*the trio moves to the cafeteria*

Th-That's right. I wish I had that cool, feral thing going like Avan does.

Figures

I can definitely see the feral part, though.

I've always been small, and I'm not very strong.

But I want to change that. I want to train my body and get tougher!

There any special reason? I think you're fine how you are, man.

W-Well, there's this... Er, it's kinda... I...

No. Please don't. Please don't tell me-

gently caress

So it's a girl, huh?

Yes. I want to get strong enough to catch her eye.

Ooh, that's so romantic! Who knew you had it in you? I mean...

Is this an academy to train people to defend their country, or a goddamn dating service???

You'll help him, right? Right, Avan? Right?!

Yeah, okay! Fine! Yeesh! I'll warn you now, I'm a pretty harsh teacher.

Lesson 1: The Nap.

I'll do my best! Whatever you say, sir!

All right, let's get started then!

Valkyria Chronicles 2: OKCupid

Meet Class G: Morris Lling

Pessimist - Having less than half-full HP makes them abandon hope for the future, lowering their evasive skills.
Wholehearted - Sheer strength of will raises attack power against infantry and armored targets.
Timid - Low self-confidence lowers defense.

Stat-wise, Morris is arguably the 3rd best defensive character in the game with high HP, high evasion, and being an Armor Tech. Bad news is, two of his personal traits negate that whole thing into a paper towel. He can be a decent fencer though at least with the powerful Wholehearted Potential.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I've been catching up on this (god help me) and when I saw this

I couldn't help but imagine that must have been the way the actor felt while he was recording his lines.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Tae posted:

By far the worst thing about A ranking kill-all missions is that it always involves hunting the last pixels of grass to reveal the enemy. Then spending that turn throwing a grenade to pop them out and then hoping they don't doge your attack. Just the worst.

I noticed that you have a shocktrooper hunting in the grass. Scouts are pretty good at it though, because they can see into grass from a distance. So they're actually good at scouting, amazing.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Credit where its due, the "?" Under his "Likes" people list is a nice touch.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Credit where its due, the "?" Under his "Likes" people list is a nice touch.

that just means you don't have the character who would go there recruited yet. at least generally speaking, maybe this case is the exception

also dude wants to impress a girl is one of the most present motivations ever, i would save your anger for the myriad actually stupid poo poo in this game

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I would be less annoyed if this wasn't the 2nd classmate quest that involves playing matchmaker. He's still helping Nichol with his love problems, and will be helping 2 more in the future.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

Tae posted:

I would be less annoyed if this wasn't the 2nd classmate quest that involves playing matchmaker. He's still helping Nichol with his love problems, and will be helping 2 more in the future.

And Avan is a dense sunnuvabitch himself.

Also with Audrey she is the typical Zealot. If Baldren is doing it for glory of Gallia then Audrey is doing this because she sees it as following the will of the Valkyrie. Gallia means little to her compared to Baldren.

The extended lore also shows Gilbert hates the Gallian Nobility and wanted an absolute monarchy for Gallia rather than the soft power Cordelia has. With the Empire has an even crueler policy towards Darscen drove him off the deep end As he saw this war not just a war of resources but an active campaign at eliminating Darscen and supposed sympathizers

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

New page filler attempt:

Behind the Voice actors: Meet the Gassenarls

Gilbert Gassenarl

voiced by

Greg Baldwin

Notable roles:
Iroh of Avatar: The Last Airbender (after Mako's death)
Aku of Samurai Jack
Frank Fontaine of Bioshock

Baldren Gassenarl

voiced by

Liam O'Brien

Notable roles:
Gihren Zabi of Gundam Origins
Gaara of Naruto
Akihiko Sanada of Person 3
Yasuo of League of Legends
Gollum of Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

Audrey Gassenarl

voiced by

Ali Hillis

Notable roles:
Meg Griffin of Family Guy Presents Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story (movie)
Lightning Farron of Final Fantasy 13 franchise
Palutena of Kid Icarus: Uprising
Liara T'Soni of Mass Effect Franchise

Dirk Gassenarl

voiced by

Troy Baker

Notable roles:
Kanji Tatsumi of Persona 4
The Joker of Batman: Assault on Arkham (movie)
Revolver Ocelot of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Pagan Min of Far Cry 4
Talion of Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor
Joel of The Last of Us
Booker DeWitt of Bioshock: Infinite
Snow Villers of Final Fantasy 13 franchise
Slimer of Ghostbusters the Video Game 2009

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

quote:

Gihren Zabi of Gundam Origins

We're never going to escape the Zabi allusions, are we?

theshim
May 1, 2012

Wait, holy crap, Liam O'Brien did Gollum in Shadow of Mordor?? I thought they got Andy Serkis to reprise the role!

God drat he's good :argh:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pureauthor posted:

We're never going to escape the Zabi allusions, are we?

You mean the family with the dumb brute of a son, the ambitious idealistic son, and the intelligent plotting daughter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Pagan Min huh? Man, that game is so good.

Are there many Japanese games that happen in a civil war I wonder? Aside from the obvious of course.

• Locked thread