Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

fool_of_sound posted:

I agree, we need a president with the courage to invade the south and midwest, put the current population on reservations, and resettle it with the right kind of people.

Can't say I disagree with migf here we need someone to do just this. For sure.

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Gyges posted:

Scott Walker is 35? He looks like poo poo for 35.

Alternatively my friends and I look amazing for 35.

Scott Walker is 47.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

DemeaninDemon posted:

Can't say I disagree with migf here we need someone to do just this. For sure.

:getin:

Jimm Webbs favorite person of all time does happen to be Jackson.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Gyges posted:

Scott Walker is 35? He looks like poo poo for 35.

Alternatively my friends and I look amazing for 35.

Well he's 47, but besides those 12 years he's the closest thing to that description running for president right now. 47 is still fairly young for the Presidency anyways

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Fix posted:

I know this thing is supposed to suggest progress, but all I see is a move to the right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVRD7A7PiG4

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Fix posted:

I know this thing is supposed to suggest progress, but all I see is a move to the right.

all I see is

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

FourLeaf posted:

all I see is

That's because Hillary is trying to signal her overlords to begin the terrorist invasion of the United States.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I think we can safely assume any Republican President would immediately abandon peace talks with Iran and crank the sanctions to 11 at a minimum, and if they're running the Bush family Neocon policy shop then it's time to Bomb Bomb Bomb, Bomb Bomb Iran. I wouldn't even be 100% on Hillary following through on them.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Fix posted:

I think its known as Herge's Direction theory. It is a narrative/visual thing, usually pops up in film and photography (and comics). Going left to right is advancing, right to left is retreat. When entering a scene (and particularly when confronting each other) protagonists enter from and will be on the left, antagonists from and on the right (example given tadaa and one more for good foreshadowing). Someone from Cine Distro can probably explain better, but this is what they teach in visual composition classes apparently, so graphics design people do it too. And given how common it is, apparently it works.

Personally, i think it looks like it should be the logo for Houston's mass transit system

Fried Chicken fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Apr 13, 2015

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Fried Chicken posted:

I think its known as Herge's Direction theory. It is a narrative/visual thing, usually pops up in film and photography (and comics). Going left to right is advancing, right to left is defeat. When entering a scene (and particularly when confronting each other) protagonists enter from and be on the left, antagonists from and on the right (example given). Someone from Cine Distro can probably explain better, but this is what they teach in visual composition classes apparently, so graphics design people do it too. And given how common it is, apparently it works.

Personally, i think it looks like the logo for Houston's mass transit system

Much like Romney/Ryan's logo, it's a decent first draft, but should have been further developed and refined before going live.

That color choice is terrible. The blue needs to be a little closer to either cyan or ultramarine (and a subtle, white stroke visually separating the arrow from the H would probably help, too).

"Design a better logo for Hillary Clinton's campaign" might make a fun thread contest.

Deep Hurting fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Apr 13, 2015

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
It reminds me of the 70s.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Fried Chicken posted:

I think its known as Herge's Direction theory. It is a narrative/visual thing, usually pops up in film and photography (and comics). Going left to right is advancing, right to left is retreat. When entering a scene (and particularly when confronting each other) protagonists enter from and will be on the left, antagonists from and on the right (example given tadaa). Someone from Cine Distro can probably explain better, but this is what they teach in visual composition classes apparently, so graphics design people do it too. And given how common it is, apparently it works.

Personally, i think it looks like it should be the logo for Houston's mass transit system

It's because English speakers read left to right, so they're accustomed to following images in that direction. If Hillary had an arrow pointing left, it would seem to be moving in the opposite direction from progress.

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Fried Chicken posted:

When did Houston get a mass transit system? Wait, never mind, by the broadest definition I guess Metro counts.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Deep Hurting posted:

"Design a better logo for Hillary Clinton's campaign" might make a fun thread contest.

Why have a contest when the best logo has already been created?

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Hillary/Slimer '16!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Chamale posted:

It's because English speakers read left to right, so they're accustomed to following images in that direction. If Hillary had an arrow pointing left, it would seem to be moving in the opposite direction from progress.

I once took a class in theater and it was "Down stage left is the most powerful location because you read that way"

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Nintendo Kid posted:

Scott Walker is 47.

You gonna stick to that prediction fishmech ;)

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Combed Thunderclap posted:

If her first act is bringing back ecto cooler, she has my vote locked.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

So say that you want to work to change some of the hosed up poo poo going on in this country? What is a good organization to start with as a volunteer? Particularly in Arizona, but national groups are also fine. I just want to get involved somehow and try to do what little I can to help change poo poo.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

KiteAuraan posted:

So say that you want to work to change some of the hosed up poo poo going on in this country? What is a good organization to start with as a volunteer? Particularly in Arizona, but national groups are also fine. I just want to get involved somehow and try to do what little I can to help change poo poo.

Is there a particular issue that you personally feel strongest about? Popular answers include Women's Rights, Criminal Justice, Environmental Policy, Education, etc. In other words, who do you want to help? Because as a volunteer you're going to have the best results working with a more focused organization

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Is there a particular issue that you personally feel strongest about? Popular answers include Women's Rights, Criminal Justice, Environmental Policy, Education, etc. In other words, who do you want to help? Because as a volunteer you're going to have the best results working with a more focused organization

Criminal justice and reform of the justice system, especially MCSO and the good ol' boys network. Particularly any groups working to put a stop to the differential application of justice based on money and race.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Kill Joe Arpiao.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Careful, only conservatives get to call for the assassination of public officials. Remember what happened last time with LF?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Fix posted:

Typical goons. Hilary decides to be honest and everyone complains. :v:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
so far they ones announced for president i think hillary is the only one able to complete a plyometric cardio circuit, and that's a plus for me.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
rand paul would cry and bitch out. that little bitxh.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Anime Curator posted:

so far they ones announced for president i think hillary is the only one able to complete a plyometric cardio circuit, and that's a plus for me.
Paul Ryan our hearts call out for thee

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

KiteAuraan posted:

Criminal justice and reform of the justice system, especially MCSO and the good ol' boys network. Particularly any groups working to put a stop to the differential application of justice based on money and race.

MCSO leadership is so rotten that there is not much one can do besides beating Arpaio in a run for the Sheriff.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Small Frozen Thing posted:

Kill Joe Arpiao.

Vahakyla posted:

MCSO leadership is so rotten that there is not much one can do besides beating Arpaio in a run for the Sheriff.
I think that according to the wild west mentality that is prevalent there, one can become sheriff by killing the previous sheriff.

Note also that you can leave the post at any time by throwing your star-shaped badge onto the dusty ground.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?
(Primary) Quote of the day: "I wish her well in this race and I look forward to being able to stay well away from it.” - John Kerry, on Clintons entry into the presidential race.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Vahakyla posted:

With a bat.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

richardfun posted:

(Primary) Quote of the day: "I wish her well in this race and I look forward to being able to stay well away from it.” - John Kerry, on Clintons entry into the presidential race.

Holy poo poo I love it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

richardfun posted:

Kerry knows what's up.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

richardfun posted:

Will republican's still bring up Kerry this election? Wait and find out.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

richardfun posted:

Dude is uncharismatic as hell, but I still think he would've been a good president. :unsmith:

(Of course, I care more about international policy vs. domestic. So, there might have been other issues.)

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the morning, "If they get to nominate Hillary Clinton, why don't we get to nominate Dick Cheney? He has a much better record." ~ Bill Kristol

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Dick Cheney was already president twice that's why (joke works for Hillary too).

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Radish posted:

Dick Cheney was already president twice that's why (joke works for Hillary too).

Bush's Dick was the brain behind the man, but so was Clinton's.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Fix posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Joementum posted:

Quote of the morning, "If they get to nominate Hillary Clinton, why don't we get to nominate Dick Cheney? He has a much better record." ~ Bill Kristol

"We are choosing not to do something, but complain that we don't 'get' to do it". The persecution wagon never stops.

• Locked thread