Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Cake Attack, carry on doing God's work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Someone at some point recommended Henshin Ganbo. It was cute, thanks.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Nineteen-Twenty-One/1?id=66371

It's completed. Also, cats.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Tamen de Gushi is great. I loved the chapter with the confession umbrella, priceless face reactions

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Tamen de Gushi has the broest bro since My Love Story, and it's great.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Tamen de Gushi has the broest bro since My Love Story, and it's great.

And its name means Their Story. Coincidence????????

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

nothings
Sep 29, 2008
The next two chapters of Kakukaku Shikajika are out (yes, this is different from the previous announcement of two new chapters).

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kakukaku-Shikajika/Vol-005-Ch-031-Read-Online?id=226402

Only two more chapters after this and it's over.

nothings fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Apr 11, 2015

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

nothings posted:

The next two chapters of Kakukaku Shikajika are out (yes, this is different from the previous announcement of two new chapters).

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kakukaku-Shikajika/Vol-005-Ch-031-Read-Online?id=226402

Only two more chapters after this and it's over.

Two more chapters after this and I will finally read it.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yay more Kakukaku Shikajika :)
i shouldn't have started my day by reading those
should probably at least waited until i finished my first cup of coffee.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

a kitten posted:

Yay more Kakukaku Shikajika :)
i shouldn't have started my day by reading those
should probably at least waited until i finished my first cup of coffee.

Same. I hope she finds the resolution she was looking for at the end of all this. That's probably why she started this project in the first place, but I hope she got some closure.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Two more chapters after this and I will finally read it.

Same, provided I can muscle through the teenager/early college stuff where I stopped last. It's a good manga but not exactly fun to read.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Everything Burrito posted:

Same, provided I can muscle through the teenager/early college stuff where I stopped last. It's a good manga but not exactly fun to read.
Autobiographical stuff usually isn't "fun", per se. It's more interesting than anything. That she's able to make it amusing at times is good enough.

I'm gettin' all misty here readin' these two chapters :qq:

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Is 3 am Dangerous Zone ever going to continue?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Not related to anything in particular, but i ran across this old article and thought it was pretty cool.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

a kitten posted:

Not related to anything in particular, but i ran across this old article and thought it was pretty cool.

You just had to remind me that Nana will forever be an unfinished story didn't you. :(

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The_Frag_Man posted:

Is 3 am Dangerous Zone ever going to continue?

I dunno but looking at the authors other works led me to this, which might be fun if more than one chapter ever appears.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Toriaezu-Chikyuu-ga-Horobiru-Mae-ni/Vol-001-Ch-001--Shot-001?id=221346

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I like the human characters, but isn't feeding stray cats/dogs kind of objectively a bad thing to do? Like, it seems nice on a cat to cat basis, but the net result is an unsustainable increase in the population of strays.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Cake Attack posted:

it's actually an accurate comparison, as i only ever have a women once a year at most and become fat as soon as I do.

You are a good poster, Cake Attack. I like you.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Watashi-ga-Motete-Dousunda/Watashi-ga-Motete-Dousunda-023?id=226545

New Kiss him, not me out.

Never get between two Fujoshi.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
If you like cute, fluffy BL Mayoke no Darling got picked up by a new group and the second chapter just got released. It's only 1 volume and based on how quickly the 2nd chapter came out they seem to be working on a quick turnaround so hopefully the whole thing will be out soon.

Caramel by the same author is licensed so I went ahead and picked up a copy based pretty much entirely on the art from the other one. Squishy chibi guys :3: Couldn't really find much else that's been translated other than a few single chapters here and there that look completely abandoned.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Apr 14, 2015

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Has anyone else read "Happy-Go-Lucky Days" by Takako Shimura? While it's a little hit or miss, I enjoyed it; I kept feeling curious about what sort of character was going to be introduced in the next chapter. It felt sort of like a poor man's Inio Asano comic (I feel like Asano deals with heavier themes better), but still good.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

New chapter of Hajiotsu :ohdear:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Latest chapter of Stretch is too adorable. ...I related to the candle scene way too much :negative:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Latest chapter of Stretch is too adorable. ...I related to the candle scene way too much :negative:

Stretch is always adorable.

...except when it's sad.

..which it's not this time!

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

they need to get together already

no subtext, just text

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

seriously

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Gotta admit I didn't see that punchline coming.

And I'd be happy with the holding pattern continuing for a while. It's still a lot of fun.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I'm OK with what they've got going on as long as the series doesn't end as soon as they finally get together. That would be lame.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Does anyone read manga on Renta? Was wondering how the translations were and if it was sketchy or what. I was reading something that got dropped by the scan group because it's available on Renta and just wanted to make sure it wasn't a really bad idea before I paypalled them :10bux: so I can read some smut.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I'm OK with what they've got going on as long as the series doesn't end as soon as they finally get together. That would be lame.

It's the law of manga. I'm sorry.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Does anyone read manga on Renta? Was wondering how the translations were and if it was sketchy or what. I was reading something that got dropped by the scan group because it's available on Renta and just wanted to make sure it wasn't a really bad idea before I paypalled them :10bux: so I can read some smut.

No idea but it amused me that they had a tag labeled 'spicy'. Or at least it did til I clicked on it.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The latest Mad Men left me in a foul mood but Tamen de Gushi makes everything seem alllllllright again.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Apr 16, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That series is almost too cute. Almost.

(not Mad Men, obvs)

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sakurazuka posted:

No idea but it amused me that they had a tag labeled 'spicy'. Or at least it did til I clicked on it.

I did not venture that far :ohdear:
Tbh most of their content looked awful when I was just glancing around, but I mostly checked the free section so there might be some gems hidden in the garbage. I'll give it a try this weekend I guess, because I'd like to finish what I was reading.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Speaking of Yuri-ish stuff from other Asian countries Lily Love is pretty cute. I think it's from Thailand?

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Yeah it's pretty cute if somewhat formulaic. Similar to Their Story in that way, just fairly well executed without any notable points. Still, non-Japanese LGBT comics is pretty rare to see translated (hell, probably pretty rare full stop) so no reason to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Kaelan Zero
Nov 30, 2004

smut
Sadly it looks like the group scanlating it might have dropped it, but Shishunki Bitter Change is really good. It's a relatively serious take on the body-swap genre that has romance as an ongoing plot element (after the first handful of chapters, at least). One of the things that sets it apart is that the two leads have been stuck for over five years, so it gets kind of dark and relatively thoughtful. The male lead is kind of goofy and interesting.

EDIT: Not dropped, waiting for print volume. Neat.

Kaelan Zero fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Apr 18, 2015

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Kaelan Zero posted:

Sadly it looks like the group scanlating it might have dropped it, but Shishunki Bitter Change is really good. It's a relatively serious take on the body-swap genre that has romance as an ongoing plot element (after the first handful of chapters, at least). One of the things that sets it apart is that the two leads have been stuck for over five years, so it gets kind of dark and relatively thoughtful. The male lead is kind of goofy and interesting.

EDIT: Not dropped, waiting for print volume. Neat.

fair warning: this has the worst translator notes/gags i've ever seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Davincie posted:

fair warning: this has the worst translator notes/gags i've ever seen

Are they worse than in Tower of God