Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Sir Kodiak posted:

It does have a gay panic vibe to it. Makes some sense that they'd obscure that, to avoid discomforting people, but the Hangover series was willing to go full-bore on it, for better or worse.

I was also confused by the trailer initially, but I think it's supposed to be that a lame guy from a small town hung out with a cool guy in LA, thought that that made him cool by proxy, brought back that attitude with him to the small town, then when the cool guy shows up he realizes that he's still lame and gets mad about not feeling special anymore. I was hoping that the end of the trailer would be him becoming a crazy, homicidal stalker.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Apr 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Hollismason posted:

I don't think this has been in the thread Ron Perlman, Dolph Lundgren, Tony Ja, Peter Weller

80s movie Skin Trade and yes, I will watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6bebVIJj_A

Ron Perlman ingesting half the set, Dolph Lundgren wooden as ever, movie looks real bad. I'll be there opening night. :dance:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Hollismason posted:

I don't think this has been in the thread Ron Perlman, Dolph Lundgren, Tony Ja, Peter Weller

80s movie Skin Trade and yes, I will watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6bebVIJj_A

NEGOTIATION. OVER.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Kate Mara's the only one of the four i'm not familiar with, but this appears to be one of those sad cases where everyone in the cast deserves better.

House of Cards Season 1 is pretty good. You should watch it.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

teagone posted:

Or watch Shooter, which is essentially perfect.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

teagone posted:

i might. i wasn't too interested in it but my roommates have been watching it lately and it doesn't look that bad.

Sir Kodiak posted:

Or watch Shooter, which is essentially perfect.

nice try.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
Watch the UK version first. It's shorter.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Polaron posted:

I know, right? I could barely tell The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy apart!

Don't engage, just avoid eye contact and pretend to not notice the crazy person.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Maarak posted:

Watch the UK version first. It's shorter.

Also a whole hell of a lot better.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Shooter is really entertaining. Actually just about any movie based on airport fiction is (except for Patriot Games, that was loving dull).

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
That Jack Ryan reboot was the worst movie I caught last year.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

morestuff posted:

The only thing I enjoyed about it (and wish more movies did) was that scene where they show the background infrastructure behind spies/secret agents. After a big loving fight in a hotel that wrecks the place, he calls support and they tell him to go for a walk for a few hours then comes back to a clean/fixed room.

John Wick also had a scene like this and I just loving love it when they go "oh yeah this poo poo needs to be sorted out and cleaned up".

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Not sure what this counts as, but here you go. Costume looks on point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUEkqZxLyrg

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

morestuff posted:

While it was nothing special, it wasn't as bad as Sin City: A Dame To Kill For which was a terrible, terrible movie that drags down the original in it's fall.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Apr 4, 2015

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

Mierenneuker posted:

While it was nothing special, it wasn't as bad as Sin City: A Dame To Kill For which was a terrible, terrible movie that drags down the original in it's fall.

Seriously. The DTKF and Joseph Gordon Levitt sections were entertaining enough for the most part, I thought, but the Nancy section was like horrible fan-fiction that completely disregards the first movie.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
A Dame To Kill For will suck your soul out of your body. What a bad movie.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I plan to never see that movie so it doesn't crush the awesome vibes I still have re: Sin.City
Also I don't know how much of it is because of "oversaturation of Sin City style visual films" or this not being as well shot/colored as the first, but it really doesn't feel as visually striking as the original
Maybe it would've been better to have not delayed so long with a Sin City sequel and involve Frank "Facefucker" Miller less.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It's entirely because Rodriguez doesn't know which way is up anymore.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
First(?) teaser trailer for Paolo Sorrentino's Youth (:nws: for nudity):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJmKymMFuhA

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Hell fuckin' yeah. That's going to rule. The Great Beauty was such a great film.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Was that Michael Cain?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
uhhh, whats the movie about

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
How sexy young people are and we're so old!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Zzulu posted:

"We're getting really old and being rich as gently caress is doing nothing to stave off that we'll never be young and sexy again."

The actual movie may differ but.that was how the trailer read.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Zzulu posted:

Nothing, it's an arthouse movie.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Full length Ant-Man trailer dropped today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdKf3MneyI

Design for Yellowjacket looks cool, and I think Peter Russo can pull off menacing very well, the rest of it looks very bland. Too bad Edgar Wright didn't stick around, would've loved to see what he could do with this cast.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, I'm a little confused why reports over the weekend had critics going crazy for it. I was expecting a lot more humor - especially since that was the main complaint coming out of the teaser. The action looks good, but that's presumably just a Wright previs holdover.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXsQkWwFftk

Boy does this movie look loving not good

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Hakkesshu posted:

What the gently caress are they even planning with this franchise at this point? I'm presuming this movie will end with Sarah Conner and Kyle Reese riding off into the sunset to fight more Terminators but why is John Connor a robot now? Why is he back in the 80s or present day or whatever the gently caress era this is in? Do the machines somehow win after he sends Kyle Reese back? Does the savior of humanity turn traitor?

I have a lot of questions, but none pressing enough to get me to spend money on this, barring some kind of miracle of filmmaking that keeps it from being complete trash. They spoiled the best twist of the movie in the goddamn trailer.

Mat Cauthon fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Apr 13, 2015

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

Full length Ant-Man trailer dropped today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdKf3MneyI

Design for Yellowjacket looks cool, and I think Peter Russo can pull off menacing very well, the rest of it looks very bland. Too bad Edgar Wright didn't stick around, would've loved to see what he could do with this cast.

Oh wow, all doubts I had about it are pretty much gone.
This looks really fun.

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man

Hakkesshu posted:

Even the trailer is a mess; Obvious ADR everywhere, lovely CGI and the glorious green screen shot of Kyle Reese inside the car. It looks cheap and lazy. And they had to ruin the twist that, if done right, could have been somewhat shocking in the theater. Oh well, it might be an interesting clusterfuck so at least it has that going for it. Ant-Man has Paul Rudd vs color-graded to blandness which isn't as exciting. It would be fascinating to see Terminator, Jurassic World and Ant-Man all fail in a row.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Kush posted:

Even the trailer is a mess; Obvious ADR everywhere, lovely CGI and the glorious green screen shot of Kyle Reese inside the car. It looks cheap and lazy. And they had to ruin the twist that, if done right, could have been somewhat shocking in the theater. Oh well, it might be an interesting clusterfuck so at least it has that going for it. Ant-Man has Paul Rudd vs color-graded to blandness which isn't as exciting. It would be fascinating to see Terminator, Jurassic World and Ant-Man all fail in a row.

You think people won't go in droves to watch bad movies? :laugh:

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man

Indolent Bastard posted:

You think people won't go in droves to watch bad movies? :laugh:

Of course they will. But fail at least critically, not like "Meh, it was okay 3/5", but more like "this was actually not good at all and it was really hard to watch". Something that is bad enough that even the general population is done with it. Until they make another pre-boot-quel-side-remix. Kind of like Terminator: Salvation.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

What's ADR?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Oh god, Connor is the villain? Why couldn't they save that for the loving movie and not spoil it in the trailer?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Vintersorg posted:

Oh god, Connor is the villain? Why couldn't they save that for the loving movie and not spoil it in the trailer?

Yeah that would have been legit surprising if they had saved it for the movie. I wasn't exactly going to go out of my way to see it but now I don't care about it at all.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

notaspy posted:

What's ADR?

Additional Dialogue Recording. When the sound they recorded doesn't work for any reason they have the cast re-record the dialogue in a sound booth. The results are often bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-In-EDj88tY

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Why? Why would you ruin a twist like that in the trailer ugh.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Hollismason posted:

Why? Why would you ruin a twist like that in the trailer ugh.

One of the major "new" critics said the movie is bombing out in audience pre-screening and the studio is freaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Terminator: Genisys looks absolutely terrible, but if your concern is having all the twists spoiled, keep in mind that we haven't seen anything at all of the apparently-major role that Matt Smith will be playing.

• Locked thread