Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ChocNitty posted:

Found a Timex weekender at the swap meet for six bucks today.

It's identical to the one I lost three years ago.

Congrats on getting your watch back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Re: Timex Weekenders, here is basically what I looked like when I would take it off before going to bed, jamming it in a drawer or something to try to dampen the ticking:

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Guess what I'm building!

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Suicide machine

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
A juicer

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

muike posted:

Suicide machine

It can be both.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

A torture chamber / prison cell for hitchhikers?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

kannonfodder posted:

It can be both.

That I want to see.

AnxietyMan1488
Apr 6, 2015

by Cowcaster
Went shopping this weekend, picked up lots of cool stuff. Spent a lot of $$$ but it was worth it.

Nice marbling on this one:

This was an awesome find. Very well preserved, from the Damrau 456 collection:

Not a rare piece but still pretty nice:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

AnxietyMan1488 posted:

Went shopping this weekend, picked up lots of cool stuff. Spent a lot of $$$ but it was worth it.

Meth cooking ?

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Mister Kingdom posted:

That I want to see.

It's to assemble this gun!

It could be used for suicide or for making tasty beverages as seen below.

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

She thinks I'm a haughty!

SgtScruffy posted:

Re: Timex Weekenders, here is basically what I looked like when I would take it off before going to bed, jamming it in a drawer or something to try to dampen the ticking:

Seconding this, that watch is so drat loud. I keep mine in my briefcase in the kitchen on the other side of my house.

Content:

This laundry hamper

and a foam topper for my bed from a recent woot sale.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Blendy posted:

Seconding this, that watch is so drat loud. I keep mine in my briefcase in the kitchen on the other side of my house.

Content:

This laundry hamper

and a foam topper for my bed from a recent woot sale.

Link to that laundry hamper? I've been using the same plastic one for 10 years and it's a piece of poo poo.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

AnxietyMan1488 posted:

drat, that thing got a hemi?

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Beginning my journey to owning a motorcycle.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

AnxietyMan1488 posted:

I give up. Steam punk vaping parts?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

beato posted:

I give up. Steam punk vaping parts?

Google tells me it's a fake post. The cadbury egg fruit gave it up.

Isolationist
Oct 18, 2005

The implication.

Whoforthenwhat posted:

Beginning my journey to owning a motorcycle.

I have this exact same jacket - good on you for going visible! One pro-tip, don't wash the liner in a warm wash, it'll shrink to the cutest little thing. Alpinestars don't offer any replacements.

Great jacket though, I've had mine for 8 months and 20,000 kilometres!

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

SgtScruffy posted:

Mine sits on a shelf in the loungeroom, I haven't worn it in years because of the goddamn ticking.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

SpartanIV posted:

Link to that laundry hamper? I've been using the same plastic one for 10 years and it's a piece of poo poo.

http://www.westelm.com/products/mrk-bamboo-laundry-hamper-single-d404/

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Aw poo poo, alright :ohdear: Thanks for the tip!

I saw Swans like a week ago and stood right by the stage and my ears hurt a bit during that. I probably shouldn't purposely try to go deaf as much as possible.

How are the Swans these days? I was super into them in the late 90's but my attention faded.

Pick posted:

My new megawolf on the right. An old, normal-size adult on the left.

Pick you are a weirdo and you should hook up with the goon who likes skulls and get some sort of "Creepy dead stuff chicks" reality TV show.

Also if you don't, at some point, stand in the snow with that thing draped around your shoulders, the you are really wasting potential.

bongwizzard has a new favorite as of 13:35 on Apr 13, 2015

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

David Copperfield posted:

I just bought $25 worth of 55 gallon trash bags for my house's spring cleaning adventures.

Yes, AND yet you failed to use an oxford comma.

Damnit, that serves me right for throwing a one-off post on mobile. I'm generally a major proponent of the oxford comma.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

bunnielab posted:

How are the Swans these days? I was super into them in the late 90's but my attention faded.
Pretty fantastic, but they're mostly playing newer material live now, and their newer stuff is different from what they were making in the 90s. I liked the show a lot though. It felt like an endurance test for the crowd, as the show was sold out but only half the crowd was left by the end, but if you stuck with it until the end like I did, you were treated to a real satisfying conclusion (although I enjoyed the entire thing, personally).

Erudite Sybarite
Jun 11, 2007

Is that a first edition? I'm oddly aroused.
its hiking season here :j:

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

UltraVariant posted:

Fear Factory t-shirt. Fits like a glove.

I bought the long sleeved one..... 20 years ago. :captainpop:

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Erudite Sybarite posted:

You might need a larger tent if you hike wearing that.

Erudite Sybarite
Jun 11, 2007

Is that a first edition? I'm oddly aroused.
Wow, not even 20 minutes and a creepy comment. Great job!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Might need to recalibrate the sensors there Data.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Erudite Sybarite posted:

Wow, not even 20 minutes and a creepy comment. Great job!

Uh sorry I always considered holiday sex in a tent to be fun, I had no idea it could be considered creepy.

PleasusChrist
Oct 20, 2010

SpartanIV posted:

I just bought a really expensive toothbrush
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G4DMS34/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Apparently my dental care has been lacking and my dentist recommended I pick one of these up to help out.

This is like 3 months old, and a couple of you bought one. How are you liking it now? Would you still recommend it?

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

PleasusChrist posted:

This is like 3 months old, and a couple of you bought one. How are you liking it now? Would you still recommend it?

i have a slightly lesser model sonicare and have had it for about a year and a half and i absolutely love it

i use it and a waterpik and the two of them are great together

i dont like the cost of replacement brush heads though, they are pricy

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

PleasusChrist posted:

I got one based on that post. It's a great toothbrush. I would recommend it for sure.

My wife and I are each still using the original set of heads it came with, and I just got more from Amazon (a lot cheaper than Rite-Aid, I saw the price and bought it on my phone instead, while in the store).

The charging cup thing is a great idea too. It's nice that it comes with a handy charging/travel case that uses micro USB for charging.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Erudite Sybarite posted:

That seems like a lovely outfit for hiking. Wouldn't your thighs rub too much?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
I imagine it would be even more painful on the shoulders.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

SLOSifl posted:

The charging cup thing is a great idea too. It's nice that it comes with a handy charging/travel case that uses micro USB for charging.

Huh? Mine uses mini USB, did I miss something? Sure would love to charge the thing on the same cable as my Kindle.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

PleasusChrist posted:

I bought one recently after someone recommended it in the product recommendations thread. Absolutely worth it, my teeth feel insanely clean all the time now. It advertises that it whitens them in (I think) a week, I've been using it for a month or so now and they do seem whiter. (Although this might be because I'm looking for it.)

Butt Savage
Aug 23, 2007

SLOSifl posted:

My wife and I are each still using the original set of heads it came with, and I just got more from Amazon (a lot cheaper than Rite-Aid, I saw the price and bought it on my phone instead, while in the store).

I have a slightly cheaper model, but just be aware that even though the Amazon brush heads are cheaper, they may not properly fit the prong/base and come loose while you brush. I ran into that problem when I bought a 3-pack. The first head fit fine, but the other two either never clicked into place or barely clicked in and popped out during use. You'll see similar cases if you dive into the reviews.

By the time I figured this out, it was too late to ask for a refund. Apparently the good heads have a serial number down their back, and the second pack I bought have that number and fit fine.

Then again, your model is different and you might not run into this issue.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Zwille posted:

Huh? Mine uses mini USB, did I miss something? Sure would love to charge the thing on the same cable as my Kindle.
I just checked (and I'm glad you said that). It's mini-USB. I have a ton of USB cables so that's fine as long as I remember to bring one.

The brush heads from Amazon fit fine, checked those too.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I'm digging my toothbrush. It's the first time in basically forever that my gums dont bleed after brushing. My teeth also feel super clean afterward. I haven't ventured into using any of the extra settings yet but the normal clean mode is awesome.

The only minor complaint I have is that the vibrations are annoying, especially when you accidentally touch the hard plastic to your teeth. You more or less get used to it though and my teeth are far cleaner now so I'd say it's worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

bunnielab posted:

Pick you are a weirdo and you should hook up with the goon who likes skulls and get some sort of "Creepy dead stuff chicks" reality TV show.

why not just feature my own collection of skulls