Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Claw Massage posted:

Way late to the party on NFCS quarterbacks but here are some random Matt Ryan facts:

-In the history of the NFL, only two quarterbacks have ever strung together (3) or more consecutive seasons with 4,500+ passing yards, 25+ touchdown passes, while maintaining a completion percentage above 66.0. The first was Peyton Manning, whose streak has continued for (5) consecutive seasons (2009-10, 2012-14). The other is Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan.

-Ryan holds the NFL record for most completions in the first (7) years of a quarterback’s career.

-Ryan also has the second most passing yards in the first (7) seasons of a quarterback’s career.

-Ryan’s 90.5 postseason QBR (2012) is the highest mark in QBR history — dating back to 2006.
In the 2012 NFC Championship game vs. the 49ers 2nd ranked pass-defense (NY/A), Ryan recorded the highest single-game QBR in championship game history — and still lost. Had the Falcons defense not allowed Colin Kaepernick to record the second highest total QBR in championship game history, the Falcons might have advanced to Super Bowl XLVII.

Ryan has had excellent receivers but has had poo poo for an o-line, running game, or any kind of defense to back him him up.

Also the Bucs are going to absolutely waste any chance Winston has of being good.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Claw Massage posted:

Way late to the party on NFCS quarterbacks but here are some random Matt Ryan facts:

-In the history of the NFL, only two quarterbacks have ever strung together (3) or more consecutive seasons with 4,500+ passing yards, 25+ touchdown passes, while maintaining a completion percentage above 66.0. The first was Peyton Manning, whose streak has continued for (5) consecutive seasons (2009-10, 2012-14). The other is Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan.

-Ryan holds the NFL record for most completions in the first (7) years of a quarterback’s career.

-Ryan also has the second most passing yards in the first (7) seasons of a quarterback’s career.

-Ryan’s 90.5 postseason QBR (2012) is the highest mark in QBR history — dating back to 2006.
In the 2012 NFC Championship game vs. the 49ers 2nd ranked pass-defense (NY/A), Ryan recorded the highest single-game QBR in championship game history — and still lost. Had the Falcons defense not allowed Colin Kaepernick to record the second highest total QBR in championship game history, the Falcons might have advanced to Super Bowl XLVII.

Ryan has had excellent receivers but has had poo poo for an o-line, running game, or any kind of defense to back him him up.

Also the Bucs are going to absolutely waste any chance Winston has of being good.

meanwhile the other 2008 1st round qb buttfucks the playoffs on the reg

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Spoeank posted:

Just paid off my 49ers season tickets

:negative: :suicide:

now I know how the mobsters felt.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Sour Diesel posted:

meanwhile the other 2008 1st round qb buttfucks the playoffs on the reg

I don't think Brian Brohm is still on an NFL roster.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Chilichimp posted:

I don't think Brian Brohm is still on an NFL roster.

He's talking about Chad Henne

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Spoeank posted:

I couldn't feel right about giving my team any money if they did what yours is doing.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Spoeank posted:

Probably better off getting Warriors season tickets tbh.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

That Works posted:

I couldn't feel right about giving my team any money if they did what yours is doing.

Yeah but if you don't pay they yank your PSL and then you're hosed when they get good.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ya'll just reminded me of this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGfLFmlU8zo

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Ramadu posted:

Probably better off getting Warriors season tickets tbh.

Have you ever seen one of the great abstract masterpieces in person and had it do absolutely nothing for you? You're standing there and it looks like nonsense but you know the reptation so you just keep staring at it. You back up, you get up close, you look at it head on and off angle. Nothing. As you stand there bystanders all walk by and clearly get the same thing from it, but to you it's meaningless. You just stand there gaping at it for an hour hoping it'll pop eventually like some sort of extremely high skill magic eye.

That's every time I watch basketball.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Eifert Posting posted:

Have you ever seen one of the great abstract masterpieces in person and had it do absolutely nothing for you? You're standing there and it looks like nonsense but you know the reptation so you just keep staring at it. You back up, you get up close, you look at it head on and off angle. Nothing. As you stand there bystanders all walk by and clearly get the same thing from it, but to you it's meaningless. You just stand there gaping at it for an hour hoping it'll pop eventually like some sort of extremely high skill magic eye.

Watch NCAA basketball. It's like going to an art exhibition at a local college. The art isn't very good and sometimes it's so bad that you have fits of uncontrollable laughter.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Eifert Posting posted:

Basketball is literally the easiest sport to grasp in the world. I don't understand how anyone feels this way.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Henchman of Santa posted:

Basketball is literally the easiest sport to grasp in the world. I don't understand how anyone feels this way.

Bonus?

Foul to give?

Foul trouble?

The arc?

The paint?

Field goal?

Bucket?

What are all of these :words:!?!?!?!?!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The NBA is the best because it's 5 of the best athletes in the world trying to make a different set of 5 of the best athletes in the world look like clowns.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Henchman osf Santa posted:

I know how it's played I just get nothing from it. I can't even fake excitement. I played the drat game for four years as a kid and was basically :geno: the whole time.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Eifert Posting posted:

I know how it's played I just get nothing from it. I can't even fake excitement. I played the drat game for four years as a kid and was basically :geno: the whole time.

This is me and baseball.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Eifert Posting posted:

Good thing you're in a foreign country because not getting excited about dunks is basically treason

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
Good news guys, our long spell of boredom is over!!!! The NHL playoffs start this week. If you're without a team pick one to bandwagon and fill your heart with hatred for the next 6 weeks

FINGERBLASTER69
Nov 15, 2014

Claw Massage posted:

He still sucks!

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
When did Russell Wilson suffer a concussion??

quote:

Russell Wilson - QB - Seahawks
Russell Wilson said he has not closed the door on playing both football and baseball.
There are a lot of holes in this claim. First, Wilson doesn't look like a potential star in baseball. He hit .229 with five homers and 19 steals in 315 at-bats for the Rockies' Class A level in 2010-11. Second, playing quarterback in the NFL is a full-year job -- he can't pop in and out a la Bo Jackson or Deion Sanders. And finally, Wilson is in the middle of contract talks with the Seahawks and will likely emerge with a deal that guarantees him an unprecedented amount of money. The team is sure to include a clause that the face of their franchise can't seriously play baseball.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
In his first ever game at NC State against S Carolina he basically died on the field

The game stopped for like 5 mins

Edit: Oh you weren't asking seriously, I didn't read the thing you quoted before answering, but uh I guess I'll just leave this here

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Stefan Prodan posted:

In his first ever game at NC State against S Carolina he basically died on the field

Edit: Oh you weren't asking seriously, I didn't read the thing you quoted before answering, but uh I guess I'll just leave this here

tbf, the game stops for 5 minutes all the time due to commercial breaks.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Eifert Posting posted:

This is me and hockey.

Offsides makes no sense.

FINGERBLASTER69
Nov 15, 2014

Stefan Prodan posted:

Yeah, that owned. I miss beating up on NC State, was a nice tuneup before getting to real SEC football.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

PantsFreeZone posted:

This is me and hockey.

Offsides makes no sense.

Sure it does! A player cannot completely enter their offensive zone (marked by the blue line) before the puck does.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Chilichimp posted:

Bonus?

Foul to give?

Foul trouble?

The arc?

The paint?

Field goal?

Bucket?

What are all of these :words:!?!?!?!?!

These are all extremely easy concepts to grasp and the inability to do so can only be chalked up to willful obliviousness. But I suspect you may be using sarcasm :shobon:

effectual posted:

Ah, another pubbie undercutting in the auction house.

I'm not exactly sure what this means but I think I've picked up enough bits and pieces to think it's about WoW? In which case, :getout:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

PantsFreeZone posted:

This is me and hockey.

Offsides makes no sense.

Offsides is super easy.

Icing makes no sense

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Icing is easy. You can't dump the puck all the way the gently caress down the rink unless one of your own guys gets to it first.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

These are all extremely easy concepts to grasp and the inability to do so can only be chalked up to willful obliviousness. But I suspect you may be using sarcasm :shobon:

I'm not exactly sure what this means but I think I've picked up enough bits and pieces to think it's about WoW? In which case, :getout:

Yeah. Real talk, I don't know wtf bonus is and I'm too lazy to google it.

Don't view this as an invitation to explain, I'll probably look it up during the play-offs if the Hawks get past the first round.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Stefan Prodan posted:

Icing is easy. You can't dump the puck all the way the gently caress down the rink unless one of your own guys gets to it first.

Yeah I get that part, I just don't know what purpose it serves

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

SA2K posted:

Gives you time to do a line change or reset your defense or punch some other guy in the helmet a dozen times while refs circle around nodding if you throw a good one.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I like it when they play hockey outside and it's snowing :)

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

SA2K posted:

If a team has sustained pressure the other team can't just shoot it the length of the rink for no reason.

If the defensive team ices the puck the face off goes back into their zone and they don't get a line change.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kalli posted:

Gives you time to do a line change or reset your defense or punch some other guy in the helmet a dozen times while refs circle around nodding if you throw a good one.

God Hockey rules

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

SA2K posted:

to prevent a defense from just heaving the puck down ice repeatedly without actually going on the attack or forming a breakout

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Chilichimp posted:

Yeah. Real talk, I don't know wtf bonus is and I'm too lazy to google it.

Don't view this as an invitation to explain, I'll probably look it up during the play-offs if the Hawks get past the first round.

I'm going to explain anyway so eat it. After a team commits its fifth foul in a quarter the other team is in the bonus, meaning they get free throws after every foul for the rest of the quarter

Easy peasy

Speaking of obtuse offside rules, I took a soccer "Is it offside?" quiz and failed horribly, that rule is crazy

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
recently i was watching hockey fights from the 1990s and 2000s and it made me wonder why i was a fan of the sport at that time

i'm pretty sure even as a lovely and terrible teen i didn't like hockey fights

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
There are times during playoff hockey overtime where I have to remind myself to breathe. It's the Tebow touchdown throw excitement level for an entire period.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Athanatos posted:

There are times during playoff hockey overtime where I have to remind myself to breathe. It's the Tebow touchdown throw excitement level for an entire period.

just imagining being a goalie in a playoff hockey game makes me feel sick to my stomach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Here's JJ Watt jumping 5 feet in the air: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=914270315304441

• Locked thread