Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I'd say getting Shantae or Shovel Knight wouldn't be hard. K. Rool is as likely as them getting in also.

It's dumb guessing who's more likely to get in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Golden Goat posted:

I'd say getting Shantae or Shovel Knight wouldn't be hard. K. Rool is as likely as them getting in also.

It's dumb guessing who's more likely to get in.

Shantae would be a really hard sell for Nintendo

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

It would be very easy for Nintendo to get Shantae or Shovel Knight, much in the same way that it is very easy for a supermodel to get a date with a goon.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Supercar Gautier posted:

It would be very easy for Nintendo to get Shantae or Shovel Knight, much in the same way that it is very easy for a supermodel to get a date with a goon.

That assumes they want Shantae in their game

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

My point is that Nintendo does not want to put Shantae or Shovel Knight in their game, much in the same way that a supermodel would not want to go on a date with a goon. :thejoke:

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

K Rool isn't even popular enough to be in the Donkey Kong games. It's sad but it's the truth.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I think K Rool is less likely than other DK characters like Dixie or Cranky, and those in turn are a bit less likely than other non-DK characters, but all are more likely than any of these thirsty indies grasping desperately for the promotional motherlode.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

F. Lobot posted:

K Rool isn't even popular enough to be in the Donkey Kong games. It's sad but it's the truth.

Retro wanted to shake things up and try to make their series without him. I think when it was announced, people were expecting K. Rool.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I would select King K Rool even less than I select Mr. Game and Watch and R.O.B. the Robotic Operating Buddy. He would be one of the characters that I might get while playing random and say "Oh darn now I have to play this character." Sorry King K Rool fan(s). :(

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I think my favorite desperate indie bid is the Super Meat Boy one, because if I recall correctly those dudes have, like, deliberately not released any games for Nintendo at all. But hey please put us in Smash.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Shantae would be a really hard sell for Nintendo

Is she too sexy or something?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Too insignificant.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I hope Snake has a good chance. I bet he's near the top in the ballot but I have a feeling that Nintendo doesn't want him since V isn't coming to any of their platforms.

Then again, Brawl did a lot of promotion for 4.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Apr 13, 2015

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Golden Goat posted:

Is she too sexy or something?

Supercar Gautier posted:

Too insignificant.

It's both

E: honestly I don't particularly care for Kingdom Hearts but if we're talking significance I'd say Sora should be up there

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Apr 13, 2015

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I can't wait to play my new main, space hero Smash Patch.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

F. Lobot posted:

Yeah I can't figure out how people want K. Rool so bad over any other Donkey Kong character. Dixie, Cranky, any of the Kongs introduced in 64, even loving Kiddy Kong had more personality and a better-fitting moveset than K. Rool. Also whoopee, another fatass heavy character that would never see the light of day competitively.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Cuckoo posted:

Yeah I can't figure out how people want K. Rool so bad over any other Donkey Kong character. Dixie, Cranky, any of the Kongs introduced in 64, even loving Kiddy Kong had more personality and a better-fitting moveset than K. Rool. Also whoopee, another fatass heavy character that would never see the light of day competitively.

Because people aren't making choices based on possible character movesets because the devs are the ones to decide on that.

And the 64 kongs are poo poo compared to K.Rool (Except lanky)

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Cuckoo posted:

Smash needs a shitload more villains

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Supercar Gautier posted:

My point is that Nintendo does not want to put Shantae or Shovel Knight in their game, much in the same way that a supermodel would not want to go on a date with a goon. :thejoke:

speak for yourself

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I can't wait to unlock Mewtwo's alternate special moves.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Golden Goat posted:

Because people aren't making choices based on possible character movesets because the devs are the ones to decide on that.

And the 64 kongs are poo poo compared to K.Rool (Except lanky)

Not totally true. Tiny was cool before they made her into a creepy Rule 34 looking Candy Kong Jr. and Lanky loving rules :colbert:

Smash does need more villains though but man, it seems like throughout the entire series' heavies are just consistently sub-par with few exceptions and I hate to see another one added to the roster that ends up being a throwaway character you just endure using to get challenges knocked out

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

They should add Dark Matter and Vaati, floating eyeball brothers.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

They should add Dark Matter and Vaati, floating eyeball brothers.

I would play the gently caress out of Dark Matter. Shooting mini versions of itself as projectiles, possessing the character as a suicide move, and Zero/Zero Two form for a final Smash :aaa:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Cuckoo posted:

I would play the gently caress out of Dark Matter. Shooting mini versions of itself as projectiles, possessing the character as a suicide move, and Zero/Zero Two form for a final Smash :aaa:
I think the Nightmare is probably a better choice, since he's got a humanoid form, but I also think Dark Matter as a spherical character who hovers could be really interesting -- he'd be Kirby/Jigglypuff sized, fall down if hit and be subject to normal physics, but he'd be "taller" than Kirby/J-puff because he'd float a few inches off the ground.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

I can't wait to unlock Mewtwo's alternate special moves.

i can wait

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

I think the Nightmare is probably a better choice, since he's got a humanoid form, but I also think Dark Matter as a spherical character who hovers could be really interesting -- he'd be Kirby/Jigglypuff sized, fall down if hit and be subject to normal physics, but he'd be "taller" than Kirby/J-puff because he'd float a few inches off the ground.

I'd imagine him playing kind of like a lighter Lucario, slow but floaty. But yeah, Nightmare would be cool too and would make more sense as a fighter considering his humanoid form. Even better, add Marx and give him nothing but troll moves.

drat. I'd spend real dollars for a villain DLC pack with K. Rool, Nightmare, and other classic bad guys in a bundle.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

TheKingofSprings posted:

This is based on what?

He's a Nintendo owned character, that puts him, like, leagues above poo poo like Shantae

The joke is that K Rool is a terrible bad character.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

sharrrk posted:

i can wait

I hope they give us the custom moves

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

sharrrk posted:

i can wait
This guy's mad because Mewtwo, the cat Pokemon, is going to be in Smash soon, but Wolf, the dog Pokemon, will never, ever be in Smash.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Evil Eagle posted:

I hope they give us the custom moves

Speaking of....what are Mewtwo's custom moves gonna be?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Shadow ball with a windbox.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Didn't he get a signature move in the pokemon games, after he appeared in melee?

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

jivjov posted:

Speaking of....what are Mewtwo's custom moves gonna be?

Big teleport, small teleport, big psycho ball, small psycho ball, big confusion, small confusion, big disable, and small disable.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

vote magolor

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

They can really branch him out compared to his SSBM incarnation though. Mewtwo now has a lot of viable physical attacks in the real Pokemon games, he's not just a psychic ball-shooting Goku anymore. Low Kick, Psycho Cut, Zen Headbutt.

EDIT

Galacta Knight is > Magalor. So is Bandana Dee

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Magolor is a friend who gave up his villainous ways to make rigged amusement parks where he personally comes down to chill with you he is the best wizard friend smash needs more villains and wizards and he fits perfectly

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Blackheart posted:

Didn't he get a signature move in the pokemon games, after he appeared in melee?

Psystrike, yeah. It's his Final Smash now, he turns into Mega Mewtwo Y and lets loose a big Psystrike.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

This guy's mad because Mewtwo, the cat Pokemon, is going to be in Smash soon, but Wolf, the dog Pokemon, will never, ever be in Smash.

what? i was making a joke because unlocking custom moves in this game is the exact opposite of fun, and is not something i am looking forward to at all.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I wouldn't know, I've never done it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

FactsAreUseless posted:

I don't think we need another Lucario clone.

• Locked thread