Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK
I'm amused that one of the three signs they didn't change was the RECYCLING building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

Jamesman posted:

I see nothing inaccurate with that image.

I am also very amused by the *ART* archway. I wish more art labeled itself so I could tell what was and wasn't art.

You joke but that sounds handy for some places: http://gawker.com/cleaning-lady-throws-away-expensive-modern-art-she-mist-1527595660

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

You'd think after the first or second time something like this happened, galleries and museums would have adopted a general policy of giving their cleaning staff a tour and pointing out the "not that" things.

Melaneus
Aug 24, 2007

Here to make your dreams and nightmares come true.

My Lovely Horse posted:

You'd think after the first or second time something like this happened, galleries and museums would have adopted a general policy of giving their cleaning staff a tour and pointing out the "not that" things.

Or you know, pointing out the "not that" things before accepting them for display

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

pwnyXpress posted:

Can somebody link me to the Maytag post generator you're all using? I wanna make some for the meme thread.

You already have private messages, so now you only need to find out how to trigger his autism.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

quote:

this is not the first time modern art has been mistaken for trash

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Hogge Wild posted:

You already have private messages, so now you only need to find out how to trigger his autism.

I bet if somebody without private messages offends him, it'll grind his gears so much that he'll buy that person plat.

Hey there Maytag, you're an antfucker.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Does his tattoo say "Maytag"?

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender
This is what happens when you say "Candy-eater" in the mirror 3 times.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Zopotantor posted:

Does his tattoo say "Maytag"?

It looks a lot more like "Makayla".

No Egrets
May 30, 2013

That's right, and it's an Armani.

Mierenneuker posted:

I bet if somebody without private messages offends him, it'll grind his gears so much that he'll buy that person plat.

I need plat.

Hey there Maytag, you're a sperglord antfucker.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Mierenneuker posted:

:stonk:

No Egrets posted:

:gonk:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

No Egrets posted:

I need plat.

Hmm, you don't say.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

To add to your sense of dread, Mierenneuker is antfucker in Dutch, so yeah... (it's used to describe someone paying way too much attention to detail or (more likely) being a pedantic poo poo.)

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Hogge Wild posted:

Hmm, you don't say.

He thinks he's winning, doesn't he?

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Doubtful Guest posted:

Teapots and kettles, eh?

From one of my favourite photoshop threads here

Wait, that teapot looks familiar...

No, my mistake.
I was thinking of someone else. :godwin:

My old teapot! :(

Update: We have moved out of state and... alas, we have it no more.

Bonus: Type in 'partylite teapot' into google if you want to see dozens of those amazing things.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

I feel like this is sexual harassment. Maybe this discussion should go in the AUG thread?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Oxyclean posted:

this is not the first time modern art trash that pretentious idiots will pay $15,000 for has been mistaken for correctly identified as trash

ftfy

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

The Nards Pan posted:

Yeah, his one image-less post sure got things back on track :rolleyes:

You're all a bunch of idiots. I think every. single. post. should have a funny picture. C'mon, get on it.

I'm sure that used to be the rule actually. About ten threads ago when EPW was in charge maybe?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Maytag Maytag Maytag | gatyaM gatyaM gatyaM

Now I said it 3 times in a mirror, what happens now?

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

RFC2324 posted:

Maytag Maytag Maytag | gatyaM gatyaM gatyaM

Now I said it 3 times in a mirror, what happens now?

absolutely nothing, because he's an impotent twat not a childhood boogeyman

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

However you may get a PM from him implying that you are a homosexual.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Taeke posted:

To add to your sense of dread, Mierenneuker is antfucker in Dutch, so yeah... (it's used to describe someone paying way too much attention to detail or (more likely) being a pedantic poo poo.)

Funny, in French it's enculeur de mouche, diptérophile or sodomiseur de diptères (flyfucker), that's why I did not make the connection and had no idea what antfucker meant in English.

Arx Monolith
May 4, 2007
Who da gently caress is Maytag?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Arx Monolith posted:

Who da gently caress is Maytag?

For twelve years you have been asking...

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Funny, in French it's enculeur de mouche, diptérophile or sodomiseur de diptères (flyfucker), that's why I did not make the connection and had no idea what antfucker meant in English.

Yeah, it was mostly an inside joke for people who know Dutch. I have no idea who Maytag is so I'd rather refer to him as something silly I call myself instead of something predictable like vapid oval office.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

In German, it's of course something referring to defecating instead of copulating: Korinthenkacker (currant shitter)

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

monkeytennis posted:

I'm sure that used to be the rule actually. About ten threads ago when EPW was in charge maybe?

aspergian rules are ggay

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

monkeytennis posted:

I too remember the glory days, when if you posted whatever had been arbitrarily declared the wrong meme in the thread for memes you'd get probated.

Mandatory contributions to threads kills threads so fast. People like discussing things, if someone hates that aspect of the forums so much, just go find a loving image aggregator.

VVVV People are getting mad about the number of images being posted in the Something Awful Post Your Favourite Images thread

Fashionable Jorts has a new favorite as of 20:29 on Apr 13, 2015

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style
What the gently caress is going on this thread. Also, I don't know who this Maytag autisperg is, but it sure looks like you're giving him what he wants!

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

What the gently caress is going on this thread. Also, I don't know who this Maytag autisperg is, but it sure looks like you're giving him what he wants!

how about we post some funny pictures for a change

Diet Sodium
Apr 29, 2009
I could use a new washer and dryer, Maytag

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Elias_Maluco posted:

how about we post some funny pictures for a change

canis minor
May 4, 2011

So why is the bicyclist not sinking in the river?

KNACKLES

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

canis minor posted:

So why is the bicyclist not sinking in the river?

He's not actually in the river yet. He's just being hit by a car and being sent flying towards the river.

Alternate answer: The water is so polluted with thick toxic sludge, that he can't actually be submerged.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

So that's actually Ankh-Morpork and the river Ankh?

Well, I hope the crust is thin. If not, at least they can draw a chalk outline.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

But he's clearly only pretending it's what he wants so that he "wins."

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Puppetmaster defense foreva

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

I'm not sure many human beings wish for an entire group to roast on them endlessly, but hey, if that's what he wants, I'm sure goons are willing to oblige.

Mostly because he's a shitfucker.

I don't even know why, but I got a random PM outta the blue, so I feel like I'm obligated to call him that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Bologna
Sep 21, 2007

Talk real good 'cause I'm smart and stuff
Finding funny pictures that ain't memes is hard.

• Locked thread