Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Delve and fountain again, Brave (new test) is drama bombing. Time is cyclical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

just keep swimming
Is drifter farming a thing or is BNI more retarded than I thought.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

goodness posted:

These don't seem mutually exclusive

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Tactical Lesbian posted:

so what's going on right now in eve? just resubbed. last events I remember playing were delve/fountain

Delve/Fountain is a thing again, but a bit different.

New sovereignty mechanics coming soon that will completely change the way sov works -- jury's still out on if this will be an improvement or not, but I'm optimistic.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

This is going to become a meme isn't it?

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

Zephyrine posted:

This is going to become a meme isn't it?

It was a meme before ullerm's post

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

objectively bad posted:

Yeah but ullerm made it an EVE thing. And people are starting to copy it in different meme because as we all know, if something is funny once, it will be funny every time. :colbert:

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Artificer posted:

Since kiting ships still need to maintain tackle when they're in small gangs (or especially if they're solo), the maximum engagement range of a solo/small gang kiting ship (without dedicated tackle ships supporting them) is within the range of an overheated warp disruptor II right?

Or are small gangs expected to bring some dedicated tackle ships and so there will be a significant difference between, say, a small gang caracal and a solo caracal?
You can do a lot of things. Bringing a keres or an orthrus would be a really obvious one. You could also do links and/or not be a poor and buy faction points. Granted, you wouldn't be doing that last one on a caracal, but it's definitely something to keep in mind for other ships.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

objectively bad posted:

But Ullerrm brought it into our house.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Zephyrine posted:

But Ullerrm brought it into our house.

So what you're saying is... this is all Flanders fault. :mad:

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

darth cookie posted:

So what you're saying is... this is all Flanders fault. :mad:

Stupid sexy Flanders.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

chessmaster13
Jan 10, 2015
BNI seems to get more retarded with every of their frigs blown up.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Artificer posted:

Since kiting ships still need to maintain tackle when they're in small gangs (or especially if they're solo), the maximum engagement range of a solo/small gang kiting ship (without dedicated tackle ships supporting them) is within the range of an overheated warp disruptor II right?

Or are small gangs expected to bring some dedicated tackle ships and so there will be a significant difference between, say, a small gang caracal and a solo caracal?

Overheated republic fleet point on an orthrus has a range of 67k with links, hth

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

It's like he's wearing nothing at all.

Only away a year and poo poo looks really different. I have to figure out the jump clone / med bay changes and the cyno jump changes. (Though I may only re-sub one account; my main doesn't have capitals trained).

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Apr 13, 2015

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
I'm still trying to fully figure out the clones changes myself, mostly the home station settings.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

AmericanGeeksta posted:

I'm still trying to fully figure out the clones changes myself, mostly the home station settings.

You can set your medical clone to whatever station you are in (with cloning services) at all times. You can set your medical clone to your corporations designated "capital" once per year. (good for newbees) and lastly you can set you medclone to your highsec starting station at anytime.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

AmericanGeeksta posted:

You can set your home station to whatever station you are currently in. You can, once a year, remotely set your home station.

Not sure jump clones have changed at all though.

So I basically keep poo poo in three or four places, have jump clones in three of them and am present in the 4th, and med clone set to where ever I currently am. When poo poo happens, say in the current war, I will jump into my clone in 4-e, then set med clone there, and enjoy the fights structure grind, then 22 or so hours later (due to informorph synchronizing) jump back to where ever else.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Bilirubin posted:

So I basically keep poo poo in three or four places, have jump clones in three of them and am present in the 4th, and med clone set to where ever I currently am. When poo poo happens, say in the current war, I will jump into my clone in 4-e, then set med clone there, and enjoy the fights structure grind, then 22 or so hours later (due to informorph synchronizing) jump back to where ever else.

Look at this dude with less than 4 highsec jump clones :rolleyes:

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

Bilirubin posted:

You can set your home station to whatever station you are currently in. You can, once a year, remotely set your home station.

Not sure jump clones have changed at all though.

This answered the complicated, unvoiced question I had, thank you.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

goodness posted:

It's going to be a thing, as they drop the materials needed to make Entosis links.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

ullerrm posted:

It's going to be a thing, as they drop the materials needed to make Entosis links.

Is this really going to be a thing? Because I'm looking forward to the hilarity of stupid people losing even more capitals to the drat things. I want this to be a thing.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

What's a drifter? Apart from the underemployed cherished hobo of the rails...

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

MoraleHazard posted:

Some new fluff thingie. They're basically setting them up to be like... Evil Jove. From what I understand.

I could be completely talking out of my rear end here since I'm not as well-versed in the fluff as ullerrm, but I believe the reason the Jove kinda went silent over the last fifteen or whatever years of gametime is that they've had this weird internecine conflict going on in their space between Normal Jove and Drifters. At some point in the recent past (like... yearish?), the Drifters have asserted their dominance in that conflict. Now they show up after capsuleers die to take the freefloating corpses left behind. They aren't aggressive toward capsuleers against you are aggressive toward them. They're also a bitch and a half to kill.

But I'm sure ullerrm would have a much better effortpost on the background there. I'll admit I kinda like EVE backstory, as pubbie as that sounds, and would like a clearer idea of it too since it's new to me as a resubscriber also.

Edit: watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3060a8NkOk

tbh I kinda like the whole mythos around Caroline's Star. I think CCP did a decent job of putting that in there as a hook to actually get people interested in the lore in a subtle way, encouraging speculation and theorycrafting of the story. The whole "Jovian stargates have gone offline" thing sounds like bullshit though, since I always thought Jovian space was impenetrable to everyone except CCP devs anyway.

Drone fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Apr 13, 2015

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Drone posted:

Some new fluff thingie. They're basically setting them up to be like... Evil Jove. From what I understand.

I could be completely talking out of my rear end here since I'm not as well-versed in the fluff as ullerrm, but I believe the reason the Jove kinda went silent over the last fifteen or whatever years of gametime is that they've had this weird internecine conflict going on in their space between Normal Jove and Drifters. At some point in the recent past (like... yearish?), the Drifters have asserted their dominance in that conflict. Now they show up after capsuleers die to take the freefloating corpses left behind. They aren't aggressive toward capsuleers against you are aggressive toward them. They're also a bitch and a half to kill.

But I'm sure ullerrm would have a much better effortpost on the background there. I'll admit I kinda like EVE backstory, as pubbie as that sounds, and would like a clearer idea of it too since it's new to me as a resubscriber also.

tbh I kinda like the whole mythos around Caroline's Star. I think CCP did a decent job of putting that in there as a hook to actually get people interested in the lore in a subtle way, encouraging speculation and theorycrafting of the story. The whole "Jovian stargates have gone offline" thing sounds like bullshit though, since I always thought Jovian space was impenetrable to everyone except CCP devs anyway.

Jove-space was impenetrable, yes. But all gates are still linked to each other, as I understand it. That works the same way of how all the gates to the drone-regions were already there before CCP added those regions into the game. They were just locked to us.

Edit:

Also going with the old region-descriptions, there's some hideous thing hiding in The Spire.

Mitsuo
Jul 4, 2007
What does this box do?
It's still loving amazing that as N3 disintegrates, Nulli is actually evacuating to a system called 3-BADZ. I mean, just, uh, wow.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Drone posted:

Huh. Okay. There was this Jove Observation Post or something in S-D in Dek, and I was scratching my head thinking, "I don't remember this being here before." and it looks like the giant structure in the video link.

I confess to liking the EVE backstory a bit as well, though I've always found it a bit too dark. I'm not sure what Caroline's Star is, going to have to look that up. One of the things I've always thought EVE has done well is the nebulae and stars and whatnot are beautiful in this game; probably the best I've seen. I also see the graphics on many of the ships have been upgraded.

I was thinking about exploring for awhile until I get my bearings a bit better or decide to start some or all my accounts up again. What's the best ship for exploring these days?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Has NCdotte actually failscaded and imploded today? Who the gently caress are we going to shoot now? xXxLeGiOnOfDeAtHxXx?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Some new OP fuel if we ever get a new thread

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

Mitsuo posted:

It's still loving amazing that as N3 disintegrates, Nulli is actually evacuating to a system called 3-BADZ. I mean, just, uh, wow.

Well atleast that demonstrates that they have some sort of common sense and they know they are actually bad.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

CommonShore posted:

Has NCdotte actually failscaded and imploded today? Who the gently caress are we going to shoot now? xXxLeGiOnOfDeAtHxXx?

100 days of Burn Jita. :getin:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

MoraleHazard posted:

Strictly speaking, Drifters are a new type of rat that was added to the game a couple of patches ago, shortly after the Circadian Seekers were added. They can be seen shooting the Jove Observatories or near the Sleepers' stabilized wormholes, and they'll show up to gently caress with you if you shoot them.

Fighting Drifters is not advised unless you're in a heavily tanked capital or a supercap, or if you have a fleet capable of alpha-striking them. Not only do they do a fairly hefty amount of damage on their own, but they have a DD, the Lux Kontos, that can target subcaps -- and they will use it, repeatedly, once you get them into armor.

--

What the Drifters actually are, lore-wise, is unclear. The leading theory at the moment, which seems to be backed up by recent CCP videos, is that they're a branch of the Sleepers who are extremely pissed off at everyone for harvesting Sleeper technology to create T3s and clone soldiers, and are using the corpses of capsuleers to create bodies to crew their ships.

e:

CommonShore posted:

NCDOT isn't imploding, but the N3 coalition is basically ceasing to exist. A lot of resets are happening.

e2:

nosl posted:

It's only a few days until I can apply to join GoonWaffe, I was wondering if I should PM vyst right now with something to make it easier so when the full 3 months is over it's easier to process and admit me, or if there is some other procedure that is preferable. Thank you.

Adversitydot GROON is recruiting.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Apr 13, 2015

nosl
Jan 17, 2015

CHIM, bitch!
It's only a few days until I can apply to join GoonWaffe, I was wondering if I should PM vyst right now with something to make it easier so when the full 3 months is over it's easier to process and admit me, or if there is some other procedure that is preferable. Thank you.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

nosl posted:

Go for it, what could go wrong

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

nosl posted:

I think this post took care of it.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

nosl posted:

You hosed up here pal.

nosl
Jan 17, 2015

CHIM, bitch!

DiggityDoink posted:

You hosed up here pal.

I'm not asking to get in early, nor do I want to get in early, I am just very anxious about things like this and usually like to take preemptive steps so I feel less anxious about them when the time comes.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

nosl posted:

I'm coming back to EVE after a few years away. Looks like things never change, huh?

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

nosl posted:

I'm not asking to get in early, nor do I want to get in early, I am just very anxious about things like this and usually like to take preemptive steps so I feel less anxious about them when the time comes.

:allears:

HappyKitty fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Apr 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

nosl posted:

So close.

• Locked thread