Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I'm pretty sure you can check that in one of the menus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Didn't expect to play, but I did anyway. You can tap the notepad icon on the touch screen (between the diary and rucksack) and go to "Ship log". It'll tell you how many items you've sent of each type to every trader.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Zoo06 posted:

No, none of the judges ever appear outside of festivals. The list of eligible bachelors and bachelorettes is here: http://fogu.com/sos1/villagers/index.php

That's sucks, she's easily better than any of these other fools.

Speaking of unlocking vendors: The Wheat Country dude said I need to ship stuff that's very pretty to unlock a new vendor, but I'm not entirely sure what he means. Flowers? Objects?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

TurnipFritter posted:

Speaking of unlocking vendors: The Wheat Country dude said I need to ship stuff that's very pretty to unlock a new vendor, but I'm not entirely sure what he means. Flowers? Objects?

http://fogu.com/sos1/economy/trade-depot/index.php

Basically the last two vendors require you to have shipped a lot of things in specific catagories. Some of those requirements are fairly absurd, and is one of the things reduced by seedling mode.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

TurnipFritter posted:

Well, for Tropical Country

Original mode = 100 tools, 500 seeds, 15,000 crops, 15,000 cooked recipes, 10,000 processed goods, and 600 clothes
Seedling mode = 70 tools, 350 seeds, 10,500 crops, 10,500 cooked recipes, 7,000 processed goods, and 420 clothes

Ice Country needs

Original mode = 100 fences, 200 decorations, 200 garden objects, 100 streets, 100 furniture, and 100 wallpaper/flooring
Seedling mode = 70 fences, 140 decorations, 140 garden objects, 70 streets, 70 furniture, and 70 wallpaper/flooring

better start making some clothes :shepicide:

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Patware posted:

heyyyy

hey nondevor heyyyyy

CONTENT: I really like how working in a storm is a terrible loving idea that murders your stamina and health while the wind physically moves you across the farm, and how the villagers unanimously respond to you going to them in a storm with "What the gently caress are you doing here you maniac"

:(

Ugh, sorry about missing you! I'm getting wrecked by all these papers. I'll be on for a couple of hours now, so if we meet today that'd be cool. If not I'll be back around late afternoon/evening tomorrow. Also honestly I have no idea how the multiplayer works, but I think I need your FC in order to use the "farming with friends" option.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Ice Country isn't that hard really, it just requires you going out of your way to make and ship things you probably wouldn't bother much with otherwise. But holy christ Tropical Country. I have the seed and tools covered already, but that's a goddamn lot of produce and cooking. The clothes kind of suck too, make sure you're buying up all the orange/yellow/blue yarn that Cabin is selling to convert into Girls' Overalls, that seems to be the most efficient way to work on that.

In short, get used to your Master tools, because you won't be upgrading for a while yet. At least it gives you time to actually find some philosopher's stones.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Woo, just hit summer and it's -finally- picking up. Keep regretting not starting in Seedling mode(stamina is just right, it's the shipping requirements that scare me), but not enough to replay twelve hours worth of gameplay.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.

Blhue posted:

Ice Country isn't that hard really, it just requires you going out of your way to make and ship things you probably wouldn't bother much with otherwise. But holy christ Tropical Country. I have the seed and tools covered already, but that's a goddamn lot of produce and cooking. The clothes kind of suck too, make sure you're buying up all the orange/yellow/blue yarn that Cabin is selling to convert into Girls' Overalls, that seems to be the most efficient way to work on that.

In short, get used to your Master tools, because you won't be upgrading for a while yet. At least it gives you time to actually find some philosopher's stones.

I think that accessories and hats count for clothes, too. I'm slowly working through unlocking Ice Country.

Edit: Anyone know what Dessie likes? Her favorite is mushroom pie, but I don't have that recipe yet.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Aerofallosov posted:

I think that accessories and hats count for clothes, too. I'm slowly working through unlocking Ice Country.

Edit: Anyone know what Dessie likes? Her favorite is mushroom pie, but I don't have that recipe yet.

They do, but most/all of the hats take rabbit cloth, which I've yet to see for sale so that's a bit of a chokepoint. Now that Sakura sells pearls to me I've started manufacturing glasses though, that helps.

In previous HMs, pretty much any grown crop pleases the goddess, and I assume that's still the case.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Zore posted:

Man, I just got to fall and unlocked four vendors.

And now I'm overwhelmed and not sure how to keep track of how much poo poo I've sold to each one. At least my new rabbits are cute, but uh really pink.

There's an icon you can tap above the save menu that shows a menu with a shipping log. It even breaks it down by vendor so that you can keep track of absolutely everything. It's pretty handy!

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Blhue posted:

They do, but most/all of the hats take rabbit cloth, which I've yet to see for sale so that's a bit of a chokepoint. Now that Sakura sells pearls to me I've started manufacturing glasses though, that helps.

In previous HMs, pretty much any grown crop pleases the goddess, and I assume that's still the case.

I can trade you some of the rabbit cloth if you need some. I got two pink bunnies because they are ridiculously adorable.

Also, the tea leaves got a horrified reaction but she was okay with the fruit.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Nondevor posted:

:(

Ugh, sorry about missing you! I'm getting wrecked by all these papers. I'll be on for a couple of hours now, so if we meet today that'd be cool. If not I'll be back around late afternoon/evening tomorrow. Also honestly I have no idea how the multiplayer works, but I think I need your FC in order to use the "farming with friends" option.

Yeah I back-edited my FC in earlier, it's 0216-1105-5603. Is there a Harvest Moon room going in the IRC for stuff like this? I feel like a weirdo handling this in-thread where everyone can see my butt and laugh at my butt.

Zore posted:

Well, for Tropical Country

Original mode = 100 tools, 500 seeds, 15,000 crops, 15,000 cooked recipes, 10,000 processed goods, and 600 clothes
Seedling mode = 70 tools, 350 seeds, 10,500 crops, 10,500 cooked recipes, 7,000 processed goods, and 420 clothes

FFFFFFFFFUCK

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Patware posted:

Yeah I back-edited my FC in earlier, it's 0216-1105-5603. Is there a Harvest Moon room going in the IRC for stuff like this? I feel like a weirdo handling this in-thread where everyone can see my butt and laugh at my butt.

I'm actually on right now, so we can set up the trade if you're up for it.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Nondevor posted:

I'm actually on right now, so we can set up the trade if you're up for it.

Open your farm, I'll try to bring something not totally rear end, I'll start looking for it... /now/

EDIT: stupid game only gave me one seed :negative:

Patware fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Apr 13, 2015

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
The trading in this game is an incredible hassle to go through.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

The 'trade' system in this game is MEGA BAD AND TURRIBLE so I'll put a quick overview of how it works in case anyone else decides they want to brave its depths.

Basically instead of being a thing you consciously do when you're on each other's farms waving growth hormone sticks at each other's crops you set it up when you go to look for/open a farm. The person who opens the farm is presented with three slots in which they can put a single item each. These items are dispensed to the people that come on their farm in either a P2-P3-P4 order or completely randomly, this is untestable without getting a dedicated crew together. You can only put one instance of an item in. If you load all three slots and get one guest, they get... one item.

The person joining the farm, meanwhile, is treated as a second-class citizen whose only job is to give riches unto their patron who is so graciously allowing them to rub growth hormone on their flax and chickens. They have a single slot but can put a stack of up to three of an item in there. These items are all funnelled to the host.

So basically there's almost no incentive to join other people's farms compared to opening your own farm: the maximum potential for a farm opener is four people pumping up all their crops and livestock and pouring nine items down their throat. The joiner gets... probably a single fodder.

The whole system is kind of rear end.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Yeah, pretty much every single time I've gone to a random person's farm I've gotten fodder in exchange for stuff like sea urchins or cooking. Thanks for the extra brick Patware! I wish trading just involved an inventory, since I wanted to give something good other than turnip seeds in exchange ...

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Nondevor posted:

Yeah, pretty much every single time I've gone to a random person's farm I've gotten fodder in exchange for stuff like sea urchins or cooking. Thanks for the extra brick Patware! I wish trading just involved an inventory, since I wanted to give something good other than turnip seeds in exchange ...

I've gotten mad lucky with bricks and those turnip seeds were as precious as gold (I already had three, two were all I needed)

vvvvvvv
EDIT: It was /way/ better, having dicked around with that a little bit. It just felt a lot more clean.

Patware fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Apr 13, 2015

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Sound's like ANB's system for that was a little better. You picked a thing, and you picked a non-chicken animal. Everyone randomly traded their things (and you could just host a 2 person thing if you were just doing it to trade) and all the animals could be milked/sheared by all people. Trivialized cloth pretty bad and made it easy to get loads of money if you felt like it when people actually used the multiplayer.

Also there's a blue background request for 15 bricks that gets you some blueprint you'll probably never actually use, so bricks do have a minor function after you've built the seed maker/house upgrades.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I took me ten hours of game time to realize I can dive under the stone bridge to get to the other side of the river. Welp :v:

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Animal Medicine is considered a tool so just buy out the store every day and that'll be done pretty quick.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Wandering Knitter posted:

I took me ten hours of game time to realize I can dive under the stone bridge to get to the other side of the river. Welp :v:

Is there any reason to do that though? It seems like both sides are the same for dredging purposes.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

senae posted:

Is there any reason to do that though? It seems like both sides are the same for dredging purposes.

Every river has 6 diving drops per day. 3 trigger on the right half, 3 on the left. For the one river separated by the bridge you have to swim under it if you want the full 6 drops.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Zore posted:

Every river has 6 diving drops per day. 3 trigger on the right half, 3 on the left. For the one river separated by the bridge you have to swim under it if you want the full 6 drops.

:psyduck:

Think of all the iron and copper I've probably missed out on. That's probably close to 6 per day I haven't been getting all game.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

senae posted:

:psyduck:

Think of all the iron and copper I've probably missed out on. That's probably close to 6 per day I haven't been getting all game.

Think about how many more Boots and Small Char you missed out on.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

TurnipFritter posted:

Think about how many more Boots and Small Char you missed out on.

Should be catching some three-eyed fish with at much garbage dumping as there is in this game's river

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Lord of Pie posted:

Should be catching some three-eyed fish with at much garbage dumping as there is in this game's river

I always find it hilarious how angry everyone gets when you dump stuff in the river even after you personally have removed something like 80+ boots and cans from the river with nobody commenting.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Dirk the Average posted:

I always find it hilarious how angry everyone gets when you dump stuff in the river even after you personally have removed something like 80+ boots and cans from the river with nobody commenting.

Some of the characters (Fritz...) even accuse you of throwing trash into the river without prompting. Dude, you've seen me diving in the river and picking up junk in the middle of your fishing. It gets a little ridiculous at times.

The devs should at least add an achievement for picking up enough trash.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
I like to imagine its Margot just dumping trash into the river every night with a bunch of whispered 'gently caress you nature'

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Zore posted:

I like to imagine its Margot just dumping trash into the river every night with a bunch of whispered 'gently caress you nature'

Would marry Margot if the game allowed me to. We need more bachelorettes that don't look like children.

Going for Iris.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Met posted:

Would marry Margot if the game allowed me to. We need more bachelorettes that don't look like children.

Going for Iris.

I thought that Margot was just a hired maid for Lutz and Jonas's house for the longest time. Imagine my surprise when I accidentally stumble into a conversation where they say they're married :downs:

I think it was the outfit and incredibly dour personality that sold me on that.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Met posted:

Going for Iris.

I was going for Iris until I realized her thing is that she just loving hates nature. Apparently another bachelorette that looks like an adult comes in year 2, and her thing is that she loving loves nature, so there's something.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Nondevor posted:

I thought that Margot was just a hired maid for Lutz and Jonas's house for the longest time. Imagine my surprise when I accidentally stumble into a conversation where they say they're married :downs:

I think it was the outfit and incredibly dour personality that sold me on that.

Please don't Puritan-shame.

Anyway there should be a way to marry Corona and Saffron because they're actually cool.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

senae posted:

I was going for Iris until I realized her thing is that she just loving hates nature. Apparently another bachelorette that looks like an adult comes in year 2, and her thing is that she loving loves nature, so there's something.

Erm?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

senae posted:

Licorice. She's kind of boring actually, I had hoped from her description that she'd be a kind of kooky plant woman but she's just a bit unsociable, and kind of bland. I haven't seen her second flower scene yet though,

Blhue fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Apr 13, 2015

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Yeah, I thought this installment of HM was pretty good about having mature looking characters to marry. Mistel is kind of ... on the edge, there.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Aerofallosov posted:

Yeah, I thought this installment of HM was pretty good about having mature looking characters to marry. Mistel is kind of ... on the edge, there.

Everyone but Elise is clearly, like, at the least 18-20. And Mistel. I think initially everyone thought Lutz was one of the available bachelors, though, which, WHOOF

I wish Marian was an available option for everyone.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

I'm in spring of year 2 and I just finished making the middle stamina regen accessory set here.
code:
Stamina Recovery: Small - Recover 5 stamina points every 15 minutes
[Crimson Ring] 			Silver + Ruby
[Dark Green Tri. Ring] 		Silver + Emerald  
[Pale Pink Earrings] 		Gold + Yellow Pearl  

Stamina Recovery: Medium - Recover 5 stamina points every 10 minutes
[Royal Blue Tri. Ring] 		Silver + Jade  
[Dark Green Clip-Ons] 		Gold + Emerald 
[Violet Earrings] 		Gold + Blue Pearl  

Stamina Recovery: Large - Recover 5 stamina points every 5 minutes
[Violet Ring] 			Silver + Amethyst  
[Canary Yellow Clip-ons] 	Gold + Peridot  
[Violet Choker] 		Black Rabbit Cloth + Amethyst  
Hooooly poo poo, I haven't been under 4.5 hearts for more than a few seconds since I made it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Patware posted:

Everyone but Elise is clearly, like, at the least 18-20.

Anime has desensitized you.

• Locked thread