Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

The only way Littlefinger's crazy Sansa gamble makes sense is if he makes sure to get the word out to every Northern lord that Sansa stark is in Winterfell and a prisoner of the Boltons. The North then rises up and gets behind Stannis, at which point the Boltons get smashed and Sansa restores the Starks to power.

It's actually not a terrible plan, given the alternative is taking her directly to Stannis, at which point Stannis hangs him.

What's unbelievable and crazy is that Littlefinger would not know about Ramsay and his exploits, or that Roose would tolerate Ramsay literally flaying a lord's entire family in front of him when the position of their house is very precarious.

threeagainstfour fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Apr 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

threeagainstfour posted:

What's unbelievable and crazy is that Littlefinger would not know about Ramsay and his exploits, or that Roose would tolerate Ramsay literally flaying a lord's entire family in front of him when the position of their house is very precarious.

What was the name of the lord he flayed? Lord Gowan or something?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Ague Proof posted:

What was the name of the lord he flayed? Lord Gowan or something?

I think it was "Cerwyn", I always made that a soft C in my head but it fits.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Everyone knows the GRRMy Sue is the fat slaver who has Tyrion wash his rear end.

Literally the smartest man in the world is only fit to wipe his backside.

If you don't think that's GRRM's ego, you must have missed the part about his petulance regarding the show.

Also, show spoilers: Jaime is replacing Darkstar, so this whole show has been a waste of time.

e: 💫✨🌟~~~~~~MY DARKSTAR~~~~~🌟✨💫

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Apr 13, 2015

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Everyone knows the GRRMy Sue is the fat slaver who has Tyrion wash his rear end.

Literally the smartest man in the world is only fit to wipe his backside.

If you don't think that's GRRM's ego, you must have missed the part about his petulance regarding the show.

Also, show spoilers: Jaime is replacing Darkstar, so this whole show has been a waste of time.

I bet he's not even gonna cut off his daughter's ear, pfft

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Yes.

Yes.

When I was a child,

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I bet he's not even gonna cut off his daughter's ear, pfft

Also, Brienne finds Sansa on day two of her quest, and the Sand Snakes are off camera. And there's no bullshit vikings.

The entirety of AFFC has been cut down to Cersei and Arya, and frankly that's a good decision, except for ~~DARKSTAR ~~

And Areo Hotah and his small axe got a wink at the camera.

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Apr 13, 2015

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I swear to loving god if Brienne kills Stannis I will lose my poo poo.

Much like Dany in the Dothraki sea.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I'm on the second episode and OH poo poo Kevan Lannister is way more baller than even in the books. poo poo, son. loving Icarus and poo poo. You fly Kevan baby.

I'm almost sad we didn't get an earlier Kevan storyline of him rolling his eyes and being like, "loving Tywin loving poo poo up with his stupid inbred kids" because you know he knows and you know he's pissed at all this stupid poo poo.

Kevan would've ran this kingdom like a BOSS.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

Urdnot Fire posted:

I'm pretty sure they're just the show equivalent of Ramsay's Girls™. The brunette the camera focuses on is the one who helped castrate Theon and then went hunting another girl with Ramsay, so I'm guessing there'll be a jealousy/murder attempt sideplot there the way she was looking at Sansa.

Oh, right, I thought it might be them, too, but I forgot what everyone looked like. I was hoping for them to lean more on the book's treacheries in Winterfell rather than more of the same Boltons Ruining Everything. I can't see the latter being entertaining unless someone cuts Sansa.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

But I liked Darkstar. He was such a bad boy.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Little known fact, Darkstar was actually of the night.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

I love that Areo Hotah made it into the show and Darkstar didn't. I also can't imagine Linda is happy he's black.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Urdnot Fire posted:

I love that Areo Hotah made it into the show and Darkstar didn't. I also can't imagine Linda is happy he's black.

She's a purist.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Just to poo poo on the show, i hope Tormund, Belwas, and ~~~DARKSTAR ~~~ are the only POV characters in A Dream of Spring.

I legitimately want to see this series end with GRRM grudge-loving the fans and the show runners.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
South Centros is pretty funny. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpSsqoveIS4

Gravybong
Apr 24, 2007

Smokin' weed all day. All I do is smoke weed. Every day of my life it's all I do. I don't give a FUCK! Weed.
I liked the actual flayed men being shown though :black101: brutal as gently caress

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Ramsay flayed an ironborn dude last season too.

Also, real Mance burning at the stake means no cool Ciarán Hinds cape for Ramsay later on.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

nooneofconsequence posted:

Funny, I was thinking for all the material they cut, they still manage to have a bunch of pointless scenes.

episode was boring as gently caress. it was like listening to a 10 year old excitedly recount their day

"AND THEN THIS HAPPENED AND THEN THIS HAPPENED AND THEN THIS HAPPENED AND THEN..."

Who cares about Mance burning alive - just made some wildlings sad? who gives a gently caress. ok, great tyrion is drinking himself to death, fine. Dany is having a hard time and dragons are out of control, whatever. The sansa just missing brienne thing is lovely writing.. I hate that "just missed eachother lol!" crap.

someone explain to me how an hour went by but nothing seemed to actually happen that I care about.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

kcroy posted:

an hour went by but nothing seemed to actually happen

Wish this was the TVIV thread subtitle

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It fills out the world you idiots

:goonsay:

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

kcroy posted:

someone explain to me how an hour went by but nothing seemed to actually happen that I care about.

Because the show will make bank regardless of quality or content.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Just to poo poo on the show, i hope Tormund, Belwas, and ~~~DARKSTAR ~~~ are the only POV characters in A Dream of Spring.

I legitimately want to see this series end with GRRM grudge-loving the fans and the show runners.

I hope he has a 20 year gap and all the POVs are like, children of the current characters, and just have flip-flopped names like Beric Tyrell, Gerold Lannister, and Bill Targaryen.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

ruddiger posted:

Ramsay flayed an ironborn dude last season too.

Also, real Mance burning at the stake means no cool Ciarán Hinds cape for Ramsay later on.

It was just an illusion and Mance was going to be spirited away , but then jon hosed it up and shot him for realsies....I could picture stannis and melisindre face palming right when Jon did the "honorable" thing.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

kcroy posted:

It's an abridged but accurate adaptation of books 4 and 5.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

But where are her DRAGUNZ?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

kcroy posted:

The sansa just missing brienne thing is lovely writing.. I hate that "just missed eachother lol!" crap

That happens a few times in the books, though, so it's not a flavour of shite exclusive to the show.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Then you start thinking and realize it's how some people probably imagine the Summer Islands.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It's either that or weird Afro-Carribean cliches.

Personally I'm banking on GRRM injecting some Aztec and Maya flavor into a continent we haven't even seen yet but is hugely important to the overall story and require half a dozen new POVs.

And we still will never see Asshai.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

mind the walrus posted:

It's either that or weird Afro-Carribean cliches.

Personally I'm banking on GRRM injecting some Aztec and Maya flavor into a continent we haven't even seen yet but is hugely important to the overall story and require half a dozen new POVs.

And we still will never see Asshai.

If only Dany had gone east instead of west from Qarth. :sigh:

All those old Ghiscari slaver cities are interesting in their own right I guess, but nowhere near as interesting as the speculation about Asshai being basically a sprawling, half-populated ghost city where people wander around in the darkness doing magic poo poo constantly and where animals slowly wither away and die just because of the sheer grimdarkness of the place.

I wanna see Yi Ti too. GRRM's take on China would be neat.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
I've liked all 4 episodes and actually think they've made a more interesting storyline out of most of the plots here in relation to the books. Last season the made up stuff was hit or miss but I think they've done a better job with it so far.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

InFlames235 posted:

I've liked all 4 episodes and actually think they've made a more interesting storyline out of most of the plots here in relation to the books. Last season the made up stuff was hit or miss but I think they've done a better job with it so far.

The unsullied going to the brothel just to be cuddled and sung to like a child was pretty depressing. I don't remember them addressing anything like that in the books other than 'oh thats so sad to have your poo poo cut off'.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

TK-42-1 posted:

The unsullied going to the brothel just to be cuddled and sung to like a child was pretty depressing. I don't remember them addressing anything like that in the books other than 'oh thats so sad to have your poo poo cut off'.

I recall that getting a mention in ADWD in passing. Definitely the kind of idea that translates way better on film than in print.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

TK-42-1 posted:

No Dany hears about it while holding court and her inner monologue is actually pretty powerful, and succinctly stated. She asks why a eunuch would go to a brothel and when she hears why she thinks "I will not cry right now". It's really well done in the books due to the inner monologue, which is way better at conveying emotion than Emilia Clarke's omnipresent girlpower deadpan.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Aurain posted:

But where are her DRAGUNZ?

Why, chaining my dragons up in this sunless dungeon to suffer hasn't made them nicer at all! How could this happen?

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

I'll fight crime when I feel like it...

mind the walrus posted:

I recall that getting a mention in ADWD in passing. Definitely the kind of idea that translates way better on film than in print.

Yes this was mentioned and I recalled the conversation was about why men who are castrated would go to a brothel. It was pretty verbatim from the book though I can't remember if it was Grey Worm and Missandi who talked about it. I want to say it was Dany and Grey Worm. I pretty much knew it was coming. Zooming in on a face and neck almost guarantees a throat slit in any show.

E; well beaten to that. It was a very good part in the book though. One of the better parts of Dance where Dany seemed almost competent. I agree.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

You don't have to have a cock to play with her arse.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Rimming hot women is an innate drive of all those who possess at least one X chromosome, cock or no cock.

FINGERBLASTER69
Nov 15, 2014
This season is awesome. Things that took hundreds of pages to slog through are resolved in an episode. And thank god, no Lady Stoneheart. What a poo poo character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

FINGERBLASTER69 posted:

This season is awesome. Things that took hundreds of pages to slog through are resolved in an episode. And thank god, no Lady Stoneheart. What a poo poo character.

it was boring, they cut interesting stuff like mance, but are going ahead with boring stuff like "tyrion as a slave". At least there's no dwarf romance.

I don't know why they bothered with all the lord beric stuff, I guess he's still alive in the show? Maybe just to have Mel talk to another red priest but that's kind of weak. I guess Gendry isn't coming back either?